Number of Unread Messages

I am a long time user of Outlook Express.  I have recently intalled Office
2007 beta and moved over to Outlook using the conversion tools provided in
2007.

When I now start up my system, at the point where I have to select which
user I am on my machine (it is set up for use by myself and my wife) the
display claims that there are Two Unread Messages.

Once I open Outlook it shows no messages as Unread in the Inbox nor does it
show any messages in the virtual folder Unread Messages.  I have run an
comes back with a zero number.

I have not deleted all the messages in the Outlook Express folders but there
are many more than two Unread ones there so this does not seem to be the
problem.

Any suggestions?
0
IanHobday (3)

Ian Hobday <IanHobday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I now start up my system, at the point where I have to select
> which user I am on my machine (it is set up for use by myself and my
> wife) the display claims that there are Two Unread Messages.

Several things contribute to that value (the one on the Welcome screen is
what you mean, I'm guessing).  Maybe something here will help:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/2/2006 1:12:38 PM
Many thanks.  I have never dared to get too close to the registry but the
link you gave, gave me the confidence to have a go!  The registry showed the
two accounts I work with Yahoo on and each showed one message in the Unread
Count.  Anyway I decided to spend no more time in trying to find out why
these numbers were NOT zero and went for the option to add the control word
with a value of  zero to stop the checking.  All seems well and the count is
no longer reported on the Welcome Screen.

Again many thanks

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Ian Hobday <IanHobday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > When I now start up my system, at the point where I have to select
> > which user I am on my machine (it is set up for use by myself and my
> > wife) the display claims that there are Two Unread Messages.
>
> Several things contribute to that value (the one on the Welcome screen is
> what you mean, I'm guessing).  Maybe something here will help:
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
IanHobday (3)

HDD Serial Number.
I want to find out the HDD Serial Number in my C++ Code. There seems to be a way using the WMI. But I donot (cannot) use it. I want to know if there is some C++, C or assembly code that can help me do this. Any help/suggestions would be very helpful and highly appreciated. Anwar. You can do this with GetVolumeInformation() Fariborz "Anwar Khan" wrote: > I want to find out the HDD Serial Number in my C++ Code. > There seems to be a way using the WMI. But I donot (cannot) use it. > > I want to know if there is some C++, C or assembly code that can help me do &g...

Error message: Office cannot connect to the internet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When trying to use the translate function in the reference tools, office gives the error message &quot;Office cannot connect to the internet&quot; I know for a fact that my computer is connected to the internet so I am left very confused. Your computer very well may be connected to the internet but apparently it isn't sharing that resource with Office... Check the settings in System Preferences for the applications, Firewall & User Account. Once they're set correctly run Disk Utility - Rep...

FP Can't Close Table Message
Does anybody know what causes the FP Can't Close Table message and how to prevent it? Additionally, what does "FP" mean? Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP FP means "Forms Processor." The subsystem within Dynamics that processes the controls, tables and business logic associated with each form within Dynamics. The reasons for FP's in-ability to close a table can vary widely. If you have a reproducable problem (i.e. it occurs regularly) you should discuss the problem with Dynamics support. "Charles Allen" wrote: > Does anybody know what causes the...

How can I extend maximum number of records when opening sylk file?
When opening a .slk file in Excel 2002 you can only see the first 32,767 records. I have a file that is larger than this , and therefore I cannot see all of the data. I know that you can extend the maximum number of records when opening a text file - I just need to know how to do it. Can anybody help me please? Opening a text file and a SYLK file are two different operations "under the hood". If 32,767 is the limit, there's probably not much you can do about it. Do you have control over the workbook from which the SLK file was produced? If so, can you split it into two ...

Reading pane does not match message list
I've been using WLM desktop for a over a year with no problems at all. I just had to do a complete recovery on my PC, including an update to WLM 2009, which meant doing an export / import. All seemed to go fine. But, as of this morning many of my storage folders, but not all, show all the correct messages in the message list, but the reading pane always shows the same message. I first thought that it was the result of the import process, but I see that even messages I moved to the folders this morning are behaving the same way. I've even rebooted the PC, but I still ...

Error Message #8
When responding to a email that has been received, word will give notice that and error has occured and to I want it to send an error report or not and then shuts down word without saving. This happens several times a day and I can not find anything within the knowledge base as to what may be causing this and how to fix it. I have done all available updates thinking that might correct it but it did not. Please help! ...

Unified Messaging, play WAV in Entourage... HOW?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi, just trying to get Entourage to play the .wav files created by Exchange UM. At the moment, I've unchecked WAVE as a MIME type supported in Quicktime and also -in a desperate attempt to do it the &quot;Mac&quot; way- done a &quot;get info&quot; on a .wav file in the Finder and changed it to open with Entourage. <br><br>Except it still opens with iTunes; meanwhile, in the Entourage mail window it sees the attachment, but doesn't offer &quot;play&qu...

Allow save copies of message option to be set by account
Hello, I'm using IMAP for the first time, but also have POP3 accounts with no IMAP support in Outlook 2007. I want to save a single copy of my sent messages, after they are actually sent. I can't do this in OL 2007, or at least if I can, without a bunch of rules tinkering and/or negating a benefit of IMAP. I don't like the rules setup, because it sends a copy of my POP3 e-mail to the sent items folder when I hit the send button, not when the e-mail is actually sent. I'd like to have the ability to set the option of saving copies at the account level. Now, either I can...

I get a file in use message telling me that the file is locked ?
This is a one user computer and the file is not being used. The box containing the error message says "FILE IN USE". If I reboot I can get into the file once only before having the same error message. I have tried saving the file under a different file name but that file acts the same. I have checked permisions and that is not the problem either .....HELP! ...

Message Tracking Center doesn't work in XP
Hi, Exchange System Manager (e2k3 and all tools of server 2003 and Exchange 2003) works fine on Windows XP professional, without tracking center. If I type in all parameters (sender or recipient and server) it starts searching, and will never end. This was the same before migrating to Exchange 2003 (i. e. servers and all tools from version 2000). I've tried to install all tools on a new XP machine - the tracking center doesn't work at all. If I use a windows 2000 professional workstation, the tracking center (2000) works fine and gives result in a few seconds. What may be the rea...

How do I locate my product key number
I did not receive a confirmation e-mail with my product key number when I downloaded the 60-day free trial of Microsoft Office 2007. How do I locate it? You need that email. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Pat77" <Pat77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7222010-D27B-4C82-BA5F-4994154BA0E3@microsoft.com... >I did not receive a confirmation e-mail with my product key number when I > downloaded the 60-day free trial of Microsoft Office 2007. How do I > l...

page number in each section
Hi there I have several section and the footer shows page # of #. In each section, I want it to start at 1 of number of pages in the section. I figured out how to change the first number so it is correct-- but I can not figure out how to change the total number of pages in the document to the total number of pages in the section. How do you change it so is show the total number of pages in the section? -- Thank-you! Ruth Use the SectionPages field instead of NumPages. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mv...

count number of "D"
Hi dude, I am new to excel .. here is my requirements. Code: -------------------- : 449 78 d 449 69 m d 458 260 m 469 28 m 472 39 m 479 51 d 484 59 m d -------------------- i need to count number of "d" present in the 4 th column and number of m present in the 3 column.. its a very big table and i need to calculate programically. how to do it? thanks in advance !! -- jayender.vs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jayender.vs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28640 View ...

Styles and Set Numbering Value problem
Running MS Office Pro 2007 with Windows XP Pro. I have styles defined for numbered lists. These styles have simple characteristics, like indent, space before, etc. - nothing special. I want the numbered lists to appear throughout the document, with each starting at the number 1. When I try to start a new list using the Set Numbering Value dialog, I get a message saying "Changing the number format for this list updates the style "NumList" and reapplies the style to each paragraph. Do you want to continue?" If I select no, the starting number is not chan...

Convert Column Number to Column Letter
I have the last column of data. I want to use a range to say copy or define something. So how do you convert the number LastCol to a letter to display in a Range: LastCol = ActiveSheet.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column A web search for "convert column number to letter" turned up several hits, one of which was: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102298 look at the last 3 posts in that discussion. Two ways to get the job done. Personally, since you've gone the route you have at this point, I'd probably go with the solution in the last ...

Error message - cannot log into Outlook
I tried to open an email last night and my computer just stopped -- then a box popped up that says: " This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." "If the problem persists, contact eh program vendor." [with a "close" and "Details" box] I can't get it to go off -- it keeps popping up even after I've shut down my computer (but it won't let me shut down properly -- I have to just hold in the button on the CPU until it shuts down. HELP I can get on the internet and everything else -- but I can't ge...

Seperating Numbers and Text
I need to seperate the numbers and words in the same cell. Not all tex and/or numbers are the same or are the same amount of characters. Ex. 22454 IN is all in the same cell I want: 22454 to be in one cell and IN in another cell to the right Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I assume that the original cell is text. If it is, then you can look for the position of a blank, then separate the two based on the blank location. If cell A1 has "22454 IN", In cell A2: = Search(" ". A1) In cell A3: = Left(A1,A2-1) In cell A4: = Right(A1,Len(A1) -...

Can't delete email messages
After i received about 300 worm emails, I can not delete any of the emails i have received. When I hit the delete key, I get the following error message " The message interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart outlook". I have Norton Anti Virus, and I have verified that my machine is free of Virus. Even though I have restarted Outlook many times, the problem persists. Any suggestions. thanks for the help Bob Yeary Bob@Yeary.net Oh woe is me. Regardless if you using an ISP or exchange server. Create a new pst file. Move the message you want ...

Can't install update KB9532957...see below message for particulars
I STILL can't install: Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows XP (etc) and Windows Server 2008 R2 ( KB953297 ) More and more system blocks and failures are occuring... PLEASE HELP !!! Many thanks in advance! See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support c...

Inventory Adjustment with Lot Number
How do you remove a quantity from inventory for an item that uses lot numbers. Currently the Stock Status reports shows a quantity of 167 but it should say zero. I tried doing an inventory adjustment and I had to create a new lot number. It posted through ok, but when I check the Stock Status report, the item is still there showing 167. I'm stumped. bump "Shelleyb57" wrote: > How do you remove a quantity from inventory for an item that uses lot > numbers. Currently the Stock Status reports shows a quantity of 167 but it > should say zero. I tried doing an invent...

numbers in text box
I am recieve data from a scale in text box. It has number and other carater. How I could take only number in text box. I am work with 2008. thanks for your help "Roberto Londono" <RobertoLondono@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:546A43AC-C590-42C0-BB4C-DA3C6D71FAF0@microsoft.com... >I am recieve data from a scale in text box. It has number and other >carater. > How I could take only number in text box. I am work with 2008. > > thanks for your help It depends on how you receive your data, but I did this for a similar situation. I...

External messages problem
Hi all, I have this problem with a customer, they have an Exchange 2003 Server (SBS2003). The external mailboxes resides on the ISP so they download messages to internal mailboxes through POP3 connector. This works fine but we see 2 problems: 1) When an internal user wants to send messages to an external user the mail is sended with the "reply-to" pointing to the internal mailbox (not resolvable from internet), so when the external user wants to reply and sends the email the address is not recongnized and the email bounces. 2) If we change the "reply-to" to match the...

Exchange 2003 Message size limits not working
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 Cluster for Mailboxes and 2 Bridgehead Server for SMTP transfer. I have to grow up the maximum message size limit for attachments to 20 MB / 20480 KB. I set the limits described in knowledge base article 322679. In detail : Global setting : send & recive : 50000 kB SMTP Connector setting : 20480 kB SMTP virtual server setting : SMTP bridgehead server : 20480 kB mailbox cluster server : 50000 kB User mailbox setting : unlimited I send a 17 MB pdf file from a user on the mailbox cluster and I get an error: <xxxxxxx #5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size ...

Deleting all even numbered rows?? Help
I have some data up to row 2200. Unfortunately, the data was capture with a glitch, to where all even numbered rows (2, 4, 6,.....2200 contain bogus data. I want to delete all even numbered rows in the spreadsheet, and hav the 1100 odd numbered rows shift up, so I have only 1100 rows of th real data on the spreadsheet -- Yel26 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Yel268's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1570 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27234 Hi one way: - in a helper c...

Internet Message Filter updates?
I love this so far -- it seems to work great. My understanding is that it uses the SmartScreen technology where hotmail users mark mails as spam, and it updates itself, "learning" new spam. Will there be updates as the spammers work to get around these filters? I'd even be happy downloading updates weekly by hand if it helped reduce spam for my users. -Ken Curtis ken +at+ kencurtis +dot+ net or curtiske -at- lynnschools -dot- org My understanding is that updates will be made available, not sure on the frequency of them. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetraine...