ntuser.dat error message

When I bring up Outlook Express, I'm receiving the
following error message:
Cannot delete ntuser.dat: It is being used by another
person or program. Close any programs that might be using
the file and try again.
This just started happening in the past few days. Outlook
is the 1st thing (and only program that I know of) that
is running.
How can I make this stop. I'm lost.
Regards
Gerry
0
gwelzig (1)

Hi Gerry,

I understand you are receiving the following error message when you open Outlook Express.
"Cannot delete ntuser.dat: It is being used by another person or program, close any programs that might be using this file and try again."

Based on my experience, this issue can occur if you have changed the message storage folder location or the user profile is not released after user's logging off. I suggest you perform the steps
below to test this issue.

Step One: Create New Identity
-----------------------------

Please create a new identity to isolate this issue.

1. Click Start, point to All Programs (or Programs), point to Accessories, and click Address Book.

2. Click on the File menu, and click "Switch Identity".

3. Choose "Main Identity", and click OK.

4. Click on the File menu again, and click "Switch Identity".

5. Click "Manage Identities". Click New to create a new Identity.

6. Type the name for the new Identity, and click OK.

7. Click Yes to switch to the new Identity.

8. Click on the File menu again, and click "Switch Identity".

9. Click "Manage Identities", select "Main Identity" for the following options, and click Close:

(1) Use this identity when starting a program.
(2) Use this identity when a program does not ask you to choose an identity.

10. Now, launch Outlook Express and to check whether or not the problem still occurs.

If the problem still occurs, please perform the steps below to test this issue in a new user account.

Step 2
--------------------

1. Click Start, and click Control Panel.

2. Double-click "User Accounts".

3. Click the "Create a new account" link.

4. Follow the instructions to create a new account with Administrator rights.

5. Log off the current user account and then log on the new account to test this issue.

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>From: "Gerry" <gwelzig@hotmail.com>
>Sender: "Gerry" <gwelzig@hotmail.com>
>Subject: ntuser.dat error message
>Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:43:33 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>When I bring up Outlook Express, I'm receiving the
>following error message:
>Cannot delete ntuser.dat: It is being used by another
>person or program. Close any programs that might be using
>the file and try again.
>This just started happening in the past few days. Outlook
>is the 1st thing (and only program that I know of) that
>is running.
>How can I make this stop. I'm lost.
>Regards
>Gerry

0
scatki (156)

Errors in queue jobs

Error 0x8004010a
Anybody know what this is? We're using Outlook 2002, and we can send messages out fine, but not recieve. When I hit the send/recieve button it goes up to 50%, then sits there for a while, then gives me a "sending and receiving report error 0x8004010a". Don What sort of mail account do you have? That message means that an object that Outlook was trying to access was deleted. Do you perhaps have some anti-virus or anti-spam software installed that could be doing something to messages as they're received? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided...

msimn error
my outlook gives the error: "Msimn has caused an error in DIRECTDB.DLL. Msimn will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." any ideas, its a windowsME compaq laptop.i have already re-installed the system and updated the antivirus. ...

loadsim error not seeing exchange server
I installed loadsim on an XP client. The outlook client on the client can connect to the exchange server (exchange 2003 on windows 2003 cluster) and get mail. However the loadsim 2003 topology property can not see the exchange server. The error message is: Apr 19 15:36:29: ERROR: Failed searching in CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=poc,DC=local: No Such Object Apr 19 15:36:29: Running with Outlook version 11.0.5604.0. Apr 19 15:36:29: Protocol DLL ("loadout.dll") initialized successfully. Apr 19 15:36:29: LoadSim initialized. Maxim...

Messages with unreachable destination queue
Question: If a user who is no longer in AD and does not have a mailbox, then why does messages addresses to such users are found in Messages with unreachable destination queue on the Exchange Server and expires in two days. Why aren't the sender receiving instant NDR when they send messages to users who are no longer in AD and does not have a mailbox, why does the message have to sit in Message with unreachable destination and expires in two days before it can send an NDR out. Any help is much appreciated. One solution would be to enable Recipient Filtering. -- Bharat Suneja MV...

Excel 2007 display wrong "document in use by ... "message
When person A creates an Excel file and saves it, Person B opens it and C tries to open it concurrently to person B, C receives the wrong message "<doc-name> is locked for editing by person A". This should be person B. People lose time finding the real editor on the document! ...

http405 error sending mail from crm web
CRM 1.0 installation has been in production for 2 months, all features functional, email can be sent IN to CRM queues even, but no mail can be sent FROM CRM. It has never worked. Below is the error I receive when attempting to send mail from CRM web. CRM app and its SQL are on one server, mail server on another. Any ideas? Dan dan@vr-inc.com Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 2/9/2004 Time: 4:47:24 PM User: N/A Computer: SIDESHOW Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: Error Message: An unexpected error occurred. Error Det...

Error sending mail OUTLOOK 2002
Each time I attempt to send an email I receive the message TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. Error number 0x800ccc0f. Any ideas of what I've done to cause this message. Antivirus or Firewall? Click start, run, enter MSCONFIG, click OK. Change from Normal to Selective startup. Uncheck and disable the 4th option, Load startup items. Click Apply, close, and restart. Open Outlook and test. If it works, Click start, run, enter MSCONFIG, click OK. Go to the Startup tab at the top, Enter everything but your antivirus and/or Firewall software. Norton 2002 = NAVAPW32 (...

Exit error
I have just converted an Access 97 mdb to Access 2003. In my application I have a MainMenu form (using a modified switchboard). The form has an Exit button to quit Access. It uses the code; Application.Quit acQuitPrompt (was Application.Quit acSaveYes in Access 97) This always used to work just fine and apart from changing the option "acSaveYes " to "acQuitPrompt " I have not changed anything else in the code. However, when I click the Exit button I now get Error 91 (object not set... etc.). I have also tried changing Application.Quit acQuitPrompt to Dcmd.Quit but I ...

Error Number 80040E14
Hello, I am getting this error number in the CRM error page, when i try to redirect a request to an URL.The URL when opened separately works fine. The error look up page in the CRM MSDN does not contain any entry for this number. Any idea on what this error is? Regards, Venkat ...

SchedulePlusFreeBusy
Hello, I am running exchange 2000 SP3 and I am receiving daily the following message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8275 Description: SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine SERVER1. The error number is 0x80040005. I have re-installed the public store from scratch but I am still getting the same error. Any ideas? Thanks, Frank van Niele. Hello, Did you find solution to this problem? I have the same... with Ex2k3 SP1... Regards... "Frank van Niele" wrote: > H...

OWA Error : -2147023569
Hi - I am getting the follwoing error when trying to implement password change. Everything configured as indicated in MS KB article but when I go into OWA and attempt the change, I get - Error number: -2147023569 Odd this is, If the new password doesn't match, I get a page that says - Passwords Don't Match. So I know at least part of the functionality is there. Any help would be appreciated. Using Windows Calculator in Scientific mode, I enter that code and change to hex, and it translates to 8007052F. Google that code and you'll get some interesting and perhaps useful...

Deleted messages #2
Hi I had an account set up in outlook express that had about 50 e-mails in it. Yesterday I changed my e-mail account (I got a new address) and after I set it up I lost all of my old e-mails. Is there any way to recover the lost messages? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Andrew Andrew Colhoun <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > I had an account set up in outlook express that had about > 50 e-mails in it. Yesterday I changed my e-mail account (I > got a new address) and after I set it up I lost all of my > old e-mails. Is there any wa...

Public Stores errors
I have a public folder store error that occurs each time I try to mount the database. THe error is: The store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was not replicated yet. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object. ID no:c1041722 I have change the permission according to article 823022. I can't place my finger on it but it's like there is something with AD or IIS that's stopping my from mounting the public store database. Here are the rights: Administrators: Full Control Authenticated Users: Read and Ex...

Setting Focus on the Body (Message) field
How do I set the focus on the Body(message) field in outlook 2k? I have tried Set myInspector = Item.GetInspector Set myPage = myInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message") myPage.Message.SetFocus 'mypage.body.setfocus but this does not seem to be working. Thanks ...

Server Error "/" Application
Whenever i am submitting datas i get an error popping up in xml parsing. It requests to change validateRequest=false. Where to do it? Or what might be the problem? That setting is located in the machine.config. The path will be something like this. C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >Whenever i am submitting datas i get an error popping up >in xml parsing. It requests to change >validateRequest=false. Where to do it? > >Or what might be the problem? > > >. > ...

Outlook only downloads headers in email, not full message
New computer, first time with Outlook 07. Email messages only download as headers initially. The rest of the message, i.e. the body of the message and any attachments, don't download unless I hit "Send/Receive" again. How do I make it so that I don't have to hit Send/Receive in order to get the whole message. I've already gone into Tools > Send/Receive > Send-Receive Settings and made adjustments there as per Outlook Help, but that didn't fix the problem. Outlook\Tools\Options\Mail Setup\Send/Receive\Edit\Folder Options and set it up there making sur...

Unspecified Error
Hi all, I am using Visio 2007 in my application using VB.NET. Applications run normally on any machine which has licensed version of Visio 2007 but if I run the same application on machine which has Trial version of Visio 2007 Visio control throws "Unspecified Error". I even tried to add control through code but it gives the same error. Is there any way to check either installed Visio Version is Trial or not? Thanks Asif ------=_NextPart_0001_7A88E2B1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you are still looking for resources on this question, there is an ...

Runtime Error #11
When opening Outlook, I get a Runtime Error stating this application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. The only optionis to click on OK, and the program closes. If I re-open it, it opens fine. Any ideas on how I can get rid of the error? ...

Error setting Rowsource using VBA for Chart
I have a report that contains an unbound Microsoft Graph Chart. I want the chart's row source to be set based on a query plus some user input from a previous screen. I've tried putting the code in the Activate() Event, Open() Event, and Page() event and I get errors on all of them. The Activate and Open events don't even seem to see my report and I'm thinking it's because it's not technically "open" at the time they run...? The Page event gives me a different error that I can't set the Rowsource property after "printing" has started (I...

!!!!error adding file to note, 80004005
Hi, currently we are getting an error trying to add and read a file from notes in every area in CRM. The errro was hard to find, but as it appeared the code of an error is 0x80004005. Trying to download on attach a file to note ends with information: "There was a problem trying to connect the CRM serwer. Serwer can be unavailable. Try again later or contact your administrator.". There is no problem in running a query on AnnotationBase, what we firstly though was the problem. Also files size is in upload limit of CRM. It seems that CRM has no access to some library, which is used to o...

Can't recall messages
I have a problem where a sent message from a pc using outlook 97 cannot recall a message sent to a pc using outlook 2000. The message is being sent internally on a network using microsoft exchange on windows 2k server. Is it a problem with the two versions of outlook? The first PC can send and recall messages sent to a pc with outlook 2000 SR1. Or is there anything else that can interfere with this feature??? Thanks in advance, Andy Andy <test@test.com> wrote: > I have a problem where a sent message from a pc using outlook 97 > cannot recall a message sent to a pc using outlook...

Move messages to another folder
Hello: I have a requirement to move messages from FolderA to FolderB in each of 20 mailboxes. This needs to be done once a week. I figure that scripting would be the easiest way to automate this. Is anyone aware of any sample scripts that do this? Or if there is another way besides scripting? The client is running Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000. Thank you. -- Sincerely, Martin ...

Append Query Error "Duplicate Output Destination"
Hello, I have inherited a large, complex database. It worked okay until our server went down. Now that it is on a new server, I had to change the file paths for the tables (done) And change the path in the append query (done) I am down to the last problem. When I run the append query I get this error: "Duplicate Output Destination 'Date'." Any ideas? On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:31:03 -0800, billkill <billkill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >I have inherited a large, complex database. >It worked okay until our server went down. >Now that it is on a ...

VAT Daybook installation error when starting GP10
Error message - "VAT Daybook has not been installed for this company. Please log in as 'sa' if you want to install VAT Daybook". However, VAT daybook is installed and can configure. Also have run DB maintenance. ...