Not sending mail thru Dfault account . Help pls.!!!

Hi all,

I have Exchange server installed on SBS 2000 server. My users use outlook
2002 as there e-mail client.

I have configured exchange server but this server is only for internal use
(it can't send or recive any external mail).
I have set it up cos I wanted to make use of  "Public Folders"
functionality. This alowes you to share Calender, Task, Contacts.... with
other users.

The real E-mail account (the one that can send recive external mail) is
account provided by ouwer internet provider.

So I am useing SMTP account as a default account in outlook and I have
configured outlook to store E-mail on the Exchange server (in users mail
box).

Problem:

SMTP account is set as the default account but when users send e-mail it
always goes thru EXCHANGE account.
Since my EXCHANGE server cant send e-mail to external adresses it is stuck
in que and is not getting anywhere.

How can I fix this bug?

I tod tahat ooutlook is suposed to use accounts that I selected as default.
Why is it stil using other acount to send e-mail?

Tnx. in advance

0
admir (2)

admir wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have Exchange server installed on SBS 2000 server. My users use
> outlook 2002 as there e-mail client.
>
> I have configured exchange server but this server is only for
> internal use (it can't send or recive any external mail).
> I have set it up cos I wanted to make use of  "Public Folders"
> functionality. This alowes you to share Calender, Task, Contacts....
> with other users.
>
> The real E-mail account (the one that can send recive external mail)
> is account provided by ouwer internet provider.
>
> So I am useing SMTP account as a default account in outlook and I have
> configured outlook to store E-mail on the Exchange server (in users
> mail box).
>
> Problem:
>
> SMTP account is set as the default account but when users send e-mail
> it always goes thru EXCHANGE account.
> Since my EXCHANGE server cant send e-mail to external adresses it is
> stuck in que and is not getting anywhere.
>
> How can I fix this bug?
>
> I tod tahat ooutlook is suposed to use accounts that I selected as
> default. Why is it stil using other acount to send e-mail?

Hmm - well, it ought to be working...but why can't Exchange send mail to the
Internet, even if you aren't using it to receive Internet mail? It should be
able to by default...and you could set up your recipient policy on the
server so that the Internet / internal addresses match (i.e.,
user@yourdomain.com).

> Tnx. in advance

This may come across as off-topic, but my advice is to change your mail
setup rather than work on band-aids for the existing one. Now that you have
your own mail server in-house, there is no real advantage to having all
clients download internet mail individually - you are defeating the point of
a centralized server by relying on Outlook to handle Internet mail. Hosting
your own domain's mail on the Exchange server will be a lot easier to
administer, mail transfer will be much faster, you'll be able to use OWA and
Out of Office, you can easily assign multiple addresses to each user, can
use mail-enabled public folders, publicly addressable distribution
lists/groups, and can scan all inbound/outbound mail for viruses using
Exchange AV software on the server (which I'd hope you were running anyway).

See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for instructions on how
to get Exchange 2000 to receive Internet mail sent via SMTP, the way it's
meant to do.

You can do this even with dialup/ISDN (get an ISP who supports ETRN) .

If you have broadband but with a dynamic IP (such as a cable modem/ADSL
account):

You can use a dynamic DNS host such as www.dyndns.org - you set up an
account, such as yourcompany.dnsalias.com, and whomever hosts your public
DNS should set your primary MX record to point to yourcompany.dnsalias.com.
Open up port 25 inbound in your firewall or router, direct all traffic to
your internal IP for the Exchange server.
You run a service on your server (software available for download from the
dyndns website; I like DirectUpdate) and set it up to update dyndns  with
your current dynamic IP.

HTH.

0
lanwench (7567)
6/17/2004 2:27:53 PM
Hi,

Tnx. for your replay. I apriciated.

I have configured small network for a small company that
operates from the universitys building. We have to use
university's network to gain access to the internet.

With in this network you are not able to send mail frm
your own smtp server you have to use university's smtp
server.

Other thing. I am also not alowed to run own firewall so i
have to relay on there services. Before you get something
done with this people you wil be 6 moths later.

But I stil might configure exchange server to realy mail
tru other server. Is this posible?

0
anonymous (74722)
> Hi,
>
> Tnx. for your replay. I apriciated.
>
> I have configured small network for a small company that
> operates from the universitys building. We have to use
> university's network to gain access to the internet.
>
> With in this network you are not able to send mail frm
> your own smtp server you have to use university's smtp
> server.
>
> Other thing. I am also not alowed to run own firewall so i
> have to relay on there services. Before you get something
> done with this people you wil be 6 moths later.
>
> But I stil might configure exchange server to realy mail
> tru other server. Is this posible?

Yes - you can set it as a smarthost.

0
lanwench (7567)
6/23/2004 12:02:56 AM
Tnx. again.

I have one more question. Ca you tell me how to configure
exchange server as a smarthost or can you point me where
to look for the information.

Admir

0
admir (2)

Apply account's pricelist to opportunity
It seems like a bug: All accounts have a default price list (defaultpricelevelid). When I create an opportunity from the account, the price list is correctly copied to the opportunity. However, when I create an opportunity from the Opportunity tab is Sales, the price list is not copied? Regards, Per This is because the pricelist cannot be known when the form is popped, as the account / contact is not known. HTTH Gill >-----Original Message----- >It seems like a bug: >All accounts have a default price list >(defaultpricelevelid). >When I create an opportunity from the acco...

Conditional Formatting Help
I would like to apply conditional formatting for my spreadsheet with the following: Condition 1: If Column C Font is Bold then bold entire row and interior shade entire row gray. Condition 2: If Column B is Blank then shade entire row light yellow and format entire row font italic. Can't seem to figure out the formula for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. You havent mentioned the conditions for formatting these two columns.. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "BlueAngel" wrote: > I would like to apply conditional formatting for my spreadsheet with...

web address help
whats the web address for outlook so i can sign on? I have it stored on my home computer but dont have it here thanks Outlook doesn't have a web address unless you use an Exchange server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64da01c3e61b$58282fc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > whats the web address for outlook...

HELP!! Viewing email images

Send mails from Workflow
Hi, I have created a Workflow rule to send E-mails to customers when ever they create a case. "The from address" of those mails picks the owners name. I want to change this..... How can I do this. Thanks in advance.......... Irshard you can not use email templates. The from field is locked. Use the send email form in wf manager. and set the from field from the user you wnat the email to be sent. if you want the emails to be sent form an account such as helpdesk etc. create a dummy account or contact and send emails via it. Hello, There is no from feild in WF Manager........

help!! smtp protocol error occurred
exchange 2000 srv/windows 2k srv smtp protocol error occurred when trying to send mails. receives fine. Still waiting for some relavent information so we can help you solve your problem. >-----Original Message----- >exchange 2000 srv/windows 2k srv >smtp protocol error occurred when trying to send mails. >receives fine. > > >. > I had that problem, I telneted into the servers that the error occurred and found I was on a blacklist. Had to sumit to an open relay test, and bam, no more problems. ...

mail and calender
I believe I used to see a small calender on the right of my screen when in outlook mail. It would also spell out the nature of upcoming appointments. Can't seen to recall this option. Please help. It's called the Date Navigator. How you get it back on depends on your version. Please enlighten us - which version of Outlook are you running????? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Sc...

Help !!!!
I was migration my Exchange 2000 to 2003 I do my forest prep and domain prep But i can't create mailboxes ??? Why??? some documentation please... What actually happens? What error do you get? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "A.dian´┐Ż" <Adian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31CB593F-F4DD-4CAB-9F4E-C2131BF7CF95@microsoft.com... > I was migration my Exchange 2000 to 2003 I do my forest prep and domain prep > But i can't create mailboxes ??? > Why??? > some documentation...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

Help ! formatting data to text

OL2003 notifies of new mail, takes 5+ min to pull in
Running XP, Office 2003 on 3 ghz pc, 1 gb ram. We do not have any Microsoft product on the back end, just on the desktop. Email is configured as pop mail. OL notifies me with sound and envelope that there is new mail, it takes the email 5 minutes or longer to be displayed. Pressing Send/Receive does not pull it in. My Eudora client is instantaneous, so it is not a network issue, this is strictly OL ?? ...

form and query problem. please help.

Send/Receive Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. I cannot get Outlook to check for Email at regular intervals. I have the my Outlook set to Send and Receive all my accounts every 10 minutes but nothing happens. The only way I can receive Emails is by manually using the Send/Recv button or pressing F9. Can anyone offer any help. In case it is relevant I am using Norton Internet Security 2003. PWS Not sure it it Yor problem, but Outlook has some problems with Noroton Antivirus runing and chekking e-mails. As far as I know, Outlook may stop recieving e-mails from POP3 servers due to very le...

Batch converting leads to accounts
Is there a way to convert leads to accounts in batches? I need to convert up to 500 each day and don't have the time to go through them one at a time. Dave Lagergren On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 01:28:44 GMT, "Who Cares!" <whocares@freetidet.org> wrote: >Is there a way to convert leads to accounts in batches? I need to >convert up to 500 each day and don't have the time to go through them >one at a time. Only way is through the SDK. Write some code that loops through your leads and creates accounts, contacts and opportunities as needed and marks the lead as qu...

Multiple Account Download from One Financial Instituition
Hi, I have at one brokerage mutliple accounts (individual, joint, 401K, roll-over etc). In Money they are all separate accounts. When I connect with the brokerage I am only able to connect to one type of account (in this case retirement). How can I download multiple accounts from a brokerage (when not all have the same URL). Please email me your reply. Thanks Sandeep ...

NDR when sending an appointment
Hello all Runnign exchange 2003, in mixed mode with a 5.5 server all i nthe same site. I recently migrated a user mailbox and user account from 5.5 to 2003, and since then whenever someone creates a meeting or an appointment and invites the user a NDR is generated and in the NDR it list a user who no longer works for the company. I.E This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed. /O=NATIONAL WATER & POWER/OU=NWPCORPORATE/CN=NWPSC Users/cn=kerk the account kerk was deleted months ago, and the mailbox. The user wh...

Trouble sending emails #2

Newbe help with a lookup
Hi, I&#8217;m trying to make some modifications to a salary matrix and I&#8217;m having trouble with a lookup. In column A I have a series of numbers from 0 to 30 representing pay grade steps where 0 represents a new employee and 30 represents an employee having completed 30 years of service. In column B I have an annual salary for each of the corresponding pay grade steps. I want to take a new salary and find the closest salary in column B and return the corresponding step number. For example if the new salary is $73,415.13 and the matrix shows step 15 is 73,205 and step 16 is 73...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

mail server
Is Exchange an absolute must? Can I do without it? Can any other mail server do? Thank you. Hi Bill, Exchange is not required. There are 3 scenario's: 1) Exchange -> email can be sent and received in CRM 2) SMTP -> email can be sent from CRM but not received 3) Nothing -> email cannot be used from CRM. For more info http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2006/01/05/Running_Microsoft_CRM_without_Exchange_Server.aspx Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "bill tie" wrote: > > Is Exchange an abso...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...