Not receiving messages correctly

I have a Microsoft Outlook XP client that is used to get mail from an
Exchange 5.5 server that is not receiving meesages in a timely manner. If I
send a message to the mailbox it takes an average of 20 minutes to get
delivered. Doing a manual send/receive does not help.  The message only
comes through when I change the message that I am viewing in the preview
screen by cycling through the messages with the arrow keys.

The message that is sent can be seen when logging into webmail though.  Has
anyone heard of this before? All of the service packs and latest updates are
installed, and they have not resolved the issue. The machine is in a domain
also.

Please let me know if there are any questions or suggestions as to how I can
resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Dave

0
dristau (2)

Can you delete unread messages after a certain time period?
Hello, We are have implement 400 email boxes and I fear that most of them will rarely get checked. Is there a way to delete unread messages for all mailboxes after a certain time period? Thanks in advance. Don Yes, there is a tool at the Exchange 2003 System Manager. You should go to Recipients/ Recipient Policies and you will create a new Mailbox Managment Settings Policy. You will give a name to this policy and at the Tab Mailbox Managment Settings (Policy) you should select Delete Immediately and leave checked Inbox and All other Mail Folders. Then you have to Edit both objects clearing...

Contacts displays correct email but display as info is incorrect.
I'm running Outlook 2007 SP1 MSO 12.0.6425.1000 I'll open a contact say jane doe and here's what I'll see for the contact info/card Email: jane.doe@aol.com Display as: Joe Smith (jsmith@cox.net) NOTE: a valid email address for another contact of mine I'll double click the email address to open the properties and I'll see garbage characters for the display name as well as the email address. How I have to fix is cut the valid email address, wipe out the email & display info, paste the valid email address into notepad the copy and paste back into ...

Can I have an email message automatically?
In Outlook 2003 I want to automatically send email messages at preset times of the day. Can this be done. do you want to send a predefined message or just have outlook connect and send all waiting messages at a specific time? for the first: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041230.htm for the second: neither outlook nor windows supports it directly, but there is (or was) at least one program that can do it - I don't know if it's still available or recall the name. :( You could also use task scheduler to open and close outlook at preset times and if it's configu...

undeliverable message #4
Hello, Every once in awhile some users get the following message: -----Original Message----- From: System Administrator Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2003 9:09 AM To: Lastname, Firstname Subject: Undeliverable: subject text Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: subject text Sent: 12/7/2003 9:09 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Lastname, Firstname on 12/7/2003 9:09 AM The recipient was unavailable to take delivery of the message MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:SITE:SERVERNAME This thing is random, it ...

New messages showing up as read messages
Hello, I have two users running windows 2000 with office XP pro. They currently seem to be overlooking some of their new messages in the inboxes because when they show up their status shows as read instead of a new message. Has anyone run into this type of problem before? Do they have autopreview on and set to mark messages as read after 5 seconds? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Gregory Edmiston" wrote: > Hello, > I have two user...

Problems Receiving emails!
Hi There! I have a Exchange Server 2003 running on a Windows 2003 Server. Everything seems to work properly, and I'm able to send mail, but NOT receive them. When I try to send an email, I get the following in return: Undelivered Mail Returned To Sender This is the Postfix program at host fupA.post.tele.dk. I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not be delivered to one or more destinations. For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster> If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the messag...

Journaling sent messages only
Hi All I am trying to configure Exchange 5.5 Journaling so that messages that have been sent either internally or externally will go to the journal mailbox - I have heard that this is possible but the detail is elusive. I have the same requirement for an Exchange 2k3 server but not as urgent- any help would be gratefully recieved Thanks for your help jc (the famous jc from Southsea [old] hampshire jc@archivingxchange.co See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=239427 You need to look at the section regarding routing local messages through the MTA. For E2k3 see this: http://www.msexchange.o...

Can't send/receive "You don't have appropriate permission"
Just yesterday I started receive an error when I try to send/receive from Outlook 2002 on my XP computer. It says "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation." I only have one profile on the computer and can't figure out what to do. I even removed and reloaded microsoft office. any ideas? ? ...

multiple message limit???
Hello Is it possible to send unlimited "cc" or "bc" E mails? I have a mailing list of over 1000 and outlook express only lets me send about 100 or so at a time? Can I copy my whole mailing list in one E mail?? PLEASE HELP!!! thanks Darren 1. This is an Outlook group, not Outlook Express. Next time, post in the group designed to support your application - they can be found under Internet Explorer headings. 2. Limits on the number of recipients is set by your ISP - many are setting them pretty low (less than 500 and a max number of messages per day) to limit/...

How to receive email with outlook closed (running in background)?
I have a network of all outlook 2003 users, and 2003 exchange server. My problem is that newer users are not opening outlook when they come in for work - so they are missing all their email (untill they remember to open it). Is there a way to make Outlook run in the background and/ or load when the system boots up? I would like the users to receive email constantly throughout the day, even if they forget to open outlook. Any ideas?? Thank you!! Chris Either put a shortcut to Outlook in their startup folder or train them to open Outlook once they have logged on to Windows. Outlook m...

Parent / Child Receiving Report or Gross Margin report
I receive items by the case (parent) and sell them by units (child). Does any one have a receiving report that will show the child's retail price, the received unit cost (parents cost / # units) and the gross margin ? OR Is there a report which shows the same info for all parent child items? Thanks for your help Jay HI Jay, Such thing can be handle by your own customize report. look at any report with .grp extention and try to make yours else send your detail I will see I can help you out. I need all kind of detail for your report. "Jay" wrote: > I receive items by t...

Message Compiler (MC.EXE) auto-generates "broken" code
I am using the Message Compiler tool with supplied with the Win7 DDK / SDK that is documented on MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa385638(VS.85).aspx) as being able to produce event publishing code suitable for use in Kernel or User mode on both XP and Vista/Win7. The documentation states, for kernel mode I can generate publishing code with: mc.exe <mymanifest> -km -mof The -mof flag instructs the tool to generate code compatible with pre-Vista OS (we are targeting XP, Vista & Windows 7) . The resultant header file generated does contain the code ...

Message are cut by Exchange or Outlook
We have 1 Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and Outlook 98 Client. Some times, messages sent from internal mailbox to a internal or Internet , are cut in the midle of message. In other words, the lasts lines are disappear! NOTE: When I view message in sent itens at Outlook, it are already cut!! Tks, Fabio ...

Why is the "Send as E-Mail message" not always available?
Using Publisher 2003, sometiimes when sending something as email -- the only option avail is sending it as an attachment. Other times program will allow it to be sent as an e-mail message (such as a newsletter). How can I get the program to allow the 1st option? I use Outlook and have it opened when attempting to do this. ...

Deduction not updating payroll correctly
We needed to change our HSA maximums for the 2008 year. I entered the new maximums in the HR deduction setup and rolled down the changes. I only changed the maximums, not the deduction tier in the HR setup. It appeared to roll only the maximum deduction amount to the HR side and left the deduction tier alone. However, on the Payroll side, it rolled down all the settings rather than just the one I changed. This meant all the deduction amounts setup on the payroll side were set to zero. Hear are my questions? Is this a bug? Is there a better way to do these yearly code specific upda...

changing display name of received emails
In the "From" field in my Inbox, I have received some emails from China. The from field is displayed with some weird characters. Is there a way to change the Display Name (i.e. the name displayed in the "From" field) for all the emails from that email address? Thanks for your help Huck ...

can't receive email 12-15-09
My email comes in sometimes and sometimes not. I get this message: The host 'pop3.frontiernet.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D It must have been a temporary glitch. The server pop3.frontiernet.net certainly does exist, and I was able to connect to it just now. If the problem continues, try replacing pop3.frontiernet.net with its IP = address: 66.133.129.73. --=20 ...

Can I aumatomatically Receive but Manually Send?
I have set up my w2000 (Office 2000) laptop to automatically collect and send email every few minutes. Receiving automatically is OK but I wonder is there a way I can manually send email (ie. having reread a while later) and automatically receive? ...

Innapropriate message removal
A user sent an inappropriate email this morning to the All group. Is there a way to remove this from everyone's mailbox. I'm on Exchange 2003 use exmerge to archive the message out of the mailboxes...if it's already been moved to a pst, you won't be able to get it, and of course, what's seen cannot be unseen; but this is your best bet... "CB" <chadb@dentistryonline.com> wrote in message news:OWQLYfnHEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > A user sent an inappropriate email this morning to the All group. > Is there a way to remove this from everyone'...

Cant Reply To Messages With Attachments
Hi Running Outlook 2000 on WinXP Cannot reply to any messages which have an attachment Other than that everything else is working fine ? Any ideas ? A setting perhaps that was changed ? :-) SethGecko <sethgecko@webmail.co.za> wrote: > Running Outlook 2000 on WinXP > Cannot reply to any messages which have an attachment What happens when you try? If you get an error message, what is the exact text of that message? -- Brian Tillman ...

User Not Getting DL Messages
Hello, A User that belongs to a few DLs, is not getting messages sent to those groups. What gives then if the person is indeed part of them? Thanks in Advance, Angel On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 05:59:04 -0700, "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >A User that belongs to a few DLs, is not getting messages sent to those >groups. > >What gives then if the person is indeed part of them? > >Thanks in Advance, >Angel Check message tracking. If it shows delivery, then look at the client side and see if there are rules, etc that may be...

Arciving all messages to-from a store
I have a query regarding message archive. Looking at the mailbox store level this can be set via the "Archive all messages sent or received to this store" The help is not exactly clear as how to configure, the last sentence has got me! From Exchange help: ----- Use this check box to create an archive of messages to or from users or distribution lists on this mailbox store. When the check box is selected, you can view the mailbox or distribution list currently archived in the text box. Click Browse to select a mailbox or distribution list to archive. ------ I would expe...

Out of Office message 12-21-09
I am using Vista Home Premium, Windows Mail Can I make an Out of Office/vacation message to be sent as a reply to any e-mail coming in during my vacation ? hk129 -- hk129 If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected to the Internet, and have WinMail open. If you want do this anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages, you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only. Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and co...

In Overlapped received: error message
What does this message mean? It happens occasionally when opening outlook (after entering username and password). Error says: InOverlapped Received: ReadnBufferClearData() failed You click OK and it may come up a second time. Click OK again and outlook continues to load... I can't find this in the MS KB anywhere. It occured in Outlook 97 and it's occuring in Outlook 2000. ...

Can't move an email message that's already been moved: OL 2003
[Got no respone to my orginal post on this - am I the only that has this problem?] After I've read some mail in my Inbox, I'll move it to one of the personal folders I've set up. Being *extremely* fallible, I sometimes move it to the wrong folder. When I discover such an error, I'd like to move it from the incorrect location to the correct one. When I attempt the move, it whines that it cannot do the move because the item has already been moved or deleted. I *know* that - I just want to move it again! Why is Outlook treating me so shabbily, and what can I do to move stuf...