not able to connect to server

whenever I start outlook for the first time I get a
message saying that the server is unavailable but when I
select retry it comes up

any suggestions
0
anonymous (74722)

Error while trying to establish connection to SQL Server from MSVS 2008
Hi, I hope you can help me with this I've been working on this all day! I've just installed Visual Studio 2008 on my laptop, SQL Server 2005 was a part of this install (on the same laptop). When I tried to create a connection to this database engine I got the error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open...

Merge Versions and Companies on Different Servers
I am attempting to merge two different servers with two different versions of Great Plains (9 & 10). I created a test server with GP 10.0 on it and added a company. I then backed up the V9 db and restored it to the V10 db. I ran the utilities expecting the conversion to run. Is there anyway to trigger a conversion with the DU00020 table? Thanks in advance. Steve The upgrade will not work for one reason. Dynamics has "no knowledge" of this new company database that you restored. If you are attempting to upgrade and merge two environments, here is what I would do: ...

allowing anonymous access in SMTP server
Hello: I think this is a dumb question, so I am mainly looking to find out if there is anyway to make it less dangerous. I installed Exchange 2003 yesterday to let Sharepoint send out alerts using Exchange. It works OK, but it will not send out messages to external addresses (i.e. not in my domain). The doc for Sharepoint says: "you must configure the SMTP server to allow anonymous access and to allow e-mail messages to be relayed". Now, I don't know much about Exchange 2003, but I can guess that this is a security exposure. First question: Is this true? Second question: Is...

Installation of SQL Server 2005
I have done several installs of Great Plains on SQL Server 2000. I have to do an installation of SQL Server 2005. Are there any things I need to be aware of? I can look at the documentation for SQL 2005 but I am interested in the features specific to GP 9.0. If you have any cubes, you will need to get the ones written for SQL 2005. If you are using Reporting Services, you will need to configure SQL 2005 for them and then enter the URL information in GP. If you are using Windows 2003 and are implementing password policies, you can enable the use of them on the user setup windows...

Removing first Exchange Server in Administrative group
I am in the process of removing the first Exchange 2003 server in an admininstrative group, it was originally an Exchange 5.5 server. I have one system public folder which is still replicating, and I have not been able to stop replication, it is the System configuration folder. When I try to stop replication, it asks for a password, which i enter, and it asks for it again. What is this folder, how can I stop the replication. Try this. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Remove-Exchange-server-entire-Exchange-organization.html "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook is unable to locate the outgoing SMTP server...?
I'm having this message appear when sending emails: Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' "drags2" <drags2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:315F9536-D9ED-4F2B-998C-52E6B3607BEF@microsoft.com... > I'm having this message appear when sending emails: > > Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com - Sending and Receiving&#...

DST and Mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 Servers
I have a client who has a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers with a lot of group calendar events. How will they be affected? adversely, if they don't do anything "Tyler Barnes" wrote: > I have a client who has a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers with a lot of > group calendar events. How will they be affected? Anything other than the time just being off by 1 hr? "dlw" wrote: > adversely, if they don't do anything > > "Tyler Barnes" wrote: > > > I have a client who has a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers with a...

Does Exchange Server 2003 require AD?
Hi all! I was wondering if Active Directory is a requirement for Exchange 2003.. or can you just install it on a server in a network with no AD set up? Thanks for any information. Ooo Ooo oOO!!! I know this one!! AD is required :) tsc "San Diego Guy" <sandiegguy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:sf4ud.40$ve.22@fed1read06... > Hi all! > > I was wondering if Active Directory is a requirement for Exchange 2003.. > or can you just install it on a server in a network with no AD set up? > > Thanks for any information. San Diego Guy wrote: > Hi all! &...

CRM 4.0 hotfix 13 move Exchange server
Hello we have been installed CRM 4.0 and uppdated to hotfix 13. We are using Exchnage Server 2007 and we have been installed new exchange server 2010 and want to use this new server with CRM. How can i put new server in use with CRM 4.0? Is there need to install Email connector on Exchange 2010 server or need chnages in Database or on the CRM Server? best regards, Jensen ...

Hosting several internet domain names on one Exchange 2003 Server
Hi, I have a simple setup with SmallBusinessServer and 1 domain. We use Exchange and ISA 2003. Our domain is registered for use on the internet and employees use email-addresses with that domain, f.ex xxxx@domain1.com We have also registered 3 other domains on the internet (domain2, domain3 and domain4.com) and we want to use these domains in our emailadresses as well. I can successfully setup this on each Active Directory user and send mail on our internal network. When trying to send mail from outside our company, I get an response saying "cannot relay..." immediately. Th...

Task "MS Exchange Server" reported error (0x80040119)
A user of mine got the error above on the subject line - they said they they get it at least 2/3 times a day. I searched the net, also find an article from Microsoft - it points the ..pst file Our mail is delivered to/stored on the exchange 2003 server, we use Outlook 2003. We do use archive.pst files for old/archived mail. do you believe I need to run inbox repair tool - as all of the information so far points to running the repair tool. When fist looking at the message with out the error number --- it looks like there is a problem between outlook and the exchange server...

Exchange Server Crash
Hi, My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I backup all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP to recover the Server to another h/w? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx "Kelvin" <Kelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:679CA2F5-7085-49C7-AAD5-D78A0CAA64A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I > backup > all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP ...

Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync #2
Active sync does now work for any userid on my SBS2003 server with Exchange Service Pack 2. Going through the logs I notice I get an HTTP 401 unauthorized error following a "Folderhierachy" command. I suspected this meant it could access the virtual "Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync" folder. I have manually tried to access it from the browser using "http://server/microsoft-server/activesync and get a "Page cannot be displayed" error. I have looked in IIS and it seems to be configured normally with "basic authentication" set. Does anyone know i...

Multiple FE server using SSL
Trying to understand before we go there, when you have multiple FE 2003 servers, how do they share the one certificate? TIA! / Per Install the certificate on the first front-end server. Then export the certificate and import it on the subsequent servers. Of course this certificate should be created for the OWA URL, not the server name. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message news:eeBqUKh%23GHA.4268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Trying to understand before we ...

Question about ISAPI Server Extension
hi, I'm trying to develop something with ISAPI. But so far , I'm not clearly understand on 2 point: 1.How to debug isapi project ? there seems not a effical way to deal with it. 2.I decleared some variants in CTestExtension.How to know whether it's golobal or local? I've tried to declear a member variant like this: private: CString m_Keywords; I find that the value of it is what it is when the last visitor visits . any one can give me some suggestion? many thanks. :) Hi, To debug, go into services in the control panel and shutdown IIS. In VC with your project loaded...

Outlook cannot conect to Exchange Server using Comcast
Hi Everyone, I am currently using Outlook 2007 and cannot conect to my companies Microsoft Exchange Server. I use Comcast as my internet service provider. I am able to use our webclient through IE to do my daily emails, but its really a pain not to be able to use Outlook. So I am looking for a fix. When I travel, I am able to connect from hotels (I am guessing since they don't have any ports blocked) so I know my account is set up correctly. I read about comcast "blocking" ports that MES uses to communicate, but am not able to find a fix for this. So my questions are: Is ther...

How to enable read-only acces to a mailbox (at server level)
We've set up a couple of mailboxes that need to have read-only permissions at server level on all folders. For anyone to have full access to someone else's mailbox, we normally add that user in the Security-tab of the mailbox with Full Control. And on the Exchange Advanced tab we add the user with Read and Full Mailbox Access permissions. So what if I only want read access ? On the Exchange Advanced Tab I added the user with just Read Permissions. But what do I need to set on the Security Tab for the user to be able to read any folder in the mailbox ? Greetings Richard On F...

Server documentation with Visio
Hello! I would like to create a Server documentation with Visio. For example: The type of server, the vendor, disks, shares, user rights and so on. Do you know any examples for this task? Or do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Tom If you use the Visio network diagram shapes, they all have preset data fields (called custom properties) that sit behind them and can store this type of data. For example, the Server shape in Visio 2003 (in the Basic Network Diagram template) has custom properties like: Asset Number, Serial Number, Location, Manufacturer, Part Number, etc. To look at the c...

In XP Home, intermittent drop in connection
First, if this in the wrong Forum or place, i apologize. I am a newbie with the forums. I have 3 desktops running XP Home, hardwired to a Belkin N wireless router. 1 wireless laptop running Vista (that I hardly turn on). I am able to see all PC's from all 3 Computers on the network. Laptop varies at times so I can't say for sure about this. I am having an intermittent drop in my internet connection every hour, every day. The connection reestablishes itself without my help, but all connections to the internet/server is lost making downloading and gaming frustrating. Everything wo...

CRM client for outlook on a terminal server
I have installed CRM 3.0 and when I run the terminstall it gets to the end of the install but has errors. It shows that all the files have been copied succesfully. The last 3 lines say the following. ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value. this is a 2003 network. have you installed this? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cbad1af7-8fde-40f2-8df5-935a363f87d9&DisplayLang=en "Microsoft CRM 3.0 Desktop Client for Outlook Deployment with Terminal Server" "Kevmer" <Kevmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Changing newsgroup servers...how?
I have been trying without success to access news groups on news.individual.net... but I keep getting an error message Outlook express was unable to switch to newsgroup***** on the server news.individual.net. 480 Authentication required Configuration Account. news.individual.net Server news.individual.net Any suggestions please Andy The news server requires you to supply a userid and password in order to access it. Did you configure the account properties correctly? "laroffie" <laroffie@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:cfo5v7$f1b$1@news-reader1.wanadoo.fr... &g...

Server/Client Side Rules Not Working?
Hello all, We have an Exchange Server v5.5 build 2653.23 SP4 running on a Windows 2000 SP4 machine. Whenever ANY one of our Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients tries to create a rule it ALWAYS defaults to client-side, and never actually executes. There are no errors logged in the Applications event log on the server or client. Here is some additional info you may find useful: 1. The Exchange server resides in domain:CDS 2. Users logon to domain:NT (2-way trust established with doamin:CDS), their primary account is listed in ExchAdmin as NT/Username. 3. When users logon to do...

connection to server interrupted only with wireless
I have Outlook 2003, alltel dsl, using a wrt54g ver 5 router setup as pppoe. I can get wireless and wired to work fine accessing the internet, but when i am wirelessly connected i get "Connection to server interrupted" errors. The weird thing is I can setup an out of alltel network email account such as name@anythingotherthenalltel.net and outlook works fine. I have repaired outlook, created a new profile in outlook, deleted all messages online, but yet it still doesn't work. The router was replace once by linksys due to wireless issues so that is taken care of. Oh and befo...

First server in a site refers to deleted server
Hello all, Recently introduced our first Exchange 2003 server into a Exchange 5.5 site. Originally we had 2 Exchange 5.5 servers EXCH and EXCHG2. After we introduce the new Exchange 2003 server we followed the instruction on Q152959 to decommision EXCH. We moved all mailboxes, Offline Addressbook, Public system and user folders to the new Exchange 2003 server EXCH2K3. We then removed the EXCH server from the site. As far as I can see everything is working fine. What is a bit troubling is the fact that I still see a reference to the EXCH server(decomission Exchg 5.5 Server)as the Site folder s...