Not able to connect to outgoing SMTP server using POP account in Outlook 2007

Good Day,

We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get incoming mail
but when I try to send email I get the following error.

"Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server"

I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the following

    Outgoing Server

    Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication

and

Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail

I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck.  Does anybody
have any other suggestions that I can try.

Thank You

Adam Raff

0
araff (4)

What are your ISP's instructions?

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Adam Raff asked:

| Good Day,
|=20
|=20
|=20
| We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get
| incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error.
|=20
|=20
|=20
| "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server"
|=20
|=20
|=20
| I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the
| following=20
|=20
|=20
|=20
|    Outgoing Server
|=20
|    Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
|=20
|=20
|=20
| and
|=20
|=20
|=20
| Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail
|=20
|=20
|=20
| I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck.  Does
| anybody have any other suggestions that I can try.
|=20
|=20
|=20
| Thank You
|=20
| Adam Raff
0
MillyS (3228)
4/20/2007 10:39:42 PM
They do not support Outlook.  That is my problem in this case.  Everything
that I have done so far did nothing and I spoke to them and they were no
help what so ever.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
What are your ISP's instructions?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Adam Raff asked:

| Good Day,
|

| We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get
| incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error.
|

| "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server"
|

| I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the
| following
|

|    Outgoing Server
|
|    Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
|

| and
|

| Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail
|

| I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck.  Does
| anybody have any other suggestions that I can try.
|

| Thank You
|
| Adam Raff

0
araff (4)
4/21/2007 3:36:31 AM
Adam Raff wrote:
>>> We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get
>>> incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error.
>>> "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server"
>>>
>>> I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the
>>> following
>>>
>>>    Outgoing Server
>>>    Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
>>> and
>>>    Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail
>>>
>>> I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck.  Does
>>> anybody have any other suggestions that I can try.
>>
>> What are your ISP's instructions?
>
> They do not support Outlook.  That is my problem in this case. Everything
> that I have done so far did nothing and I spoke to them
> and they were no help what so ever.

Outlook isn't much different than any other pop3/smtp client really, so, my
first question is does Outlook Express (or some other pop3 client) work on
the same system?

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
4/21/2007 4:03:05 AM
Get the ISP's instructions for Outlook Express, let us know and someone will
translate to Office Outlook.
"Adam Raff" <araff@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> They do not support Outlook.  That is my problem in this case.  Everything
> that I have done so far did nothing and I spoke to them and they were no
> help what so ever.
>

> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
> <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> What are your ISP's instructions?
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Adam Raff asked:
>
> | Good Day,
> |

> | We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get
> | incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error.
> |

> | "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server"
> |

> | I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the
> | following
> |

> |    Outgoing Server
> |
> |    Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
> |

> | and
> |

> | Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail
> |

> | I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck.  Does
> | anybody have any other suggestions that I can try.
> |

> | Thank You
> |
> | Adam Raff

0
Anthemwebs (309)
4/22/2007 12:23:51 AM
Hi there,

I am experiencing the same problem. I am a web hosting provider. Other
clients, including web mail work fine however this issue appears to be
Outlook / Outlook Express 2007 specific. I am told it is due to the
programming of the hand shake with the web sever, and the order in which he
AUTH is sent before or after it should bein the hand shake - this causes the
server to disregard anything before the auth has been accepted.
This is causing real problems for me as I cannot send email to any of my
clients - I am losing a heck of a lot of money on a daily basis.

"Charles W Davis" wrote:

> Get the ISP's instructions for Outlook Express, let us know and someone will
> translate to Office Outlook.
> "Adam Raff" <araff@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> > They do not support Outlook.  That is my problem in this case.  Everything
> > that I have done so far did nothing and I spoke to them and they were no
> > help what so ever.
> >

> > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
> > <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> > What are your ISP's instructions?
> >
> > --
> > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> >
> > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
> > unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> > reading.
> >
> > After furious head scratching, Adam Raff asked:
> >
> > | Good Day,
> > |

> > | We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get
> > | incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error.
> > |

> > | "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server"
> > |

> > | I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the
> > | following
> > |

> > |    Outgoing Server
> > |
> > |    Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
> > |

> > | and
> > |

> > | Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail
> > |

> > | I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck.  Does
> > | anybody have any other suggestions that I can try.
> > |

> > | Thank You
> > |
> > | Adam Raff

0
S1 (162)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

eConnect Outgoing
We have a system that feeds Invoices into Payables Transactions in GP. GP is used to generate Payments (Checks) for these transactions. I'd like to use eConnect Outgoing services to read what check paid what invoices. I am able to get the check transaction pushed into the eConnect_Out table along with the invoices that are being paid. Though, I do not see a way to figure out which check paid what invoice. If anyone else has encountered this before, we will appreciate your input. Best Regards, RS ...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Reporting from Project Server

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook