No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient

I got this error in Outlook 2000 and found many posts on google but
none of the answers/recommendations/etc seemed to work in my setup
(you have an exchange server setup in your profile, etc). Then someone
said to try telnet-ing to the smtp server. I tried this and it failed.
After checking a bit more I found that my ISP (which I had recently
changed!!) did not allow me to send mail via a different smtp server
(I had to use my ISPs smtp server). This is done to help try and
prevent spam.

Another symptom of this problem is if you can receive emails (i.e.
pop) but cannot send any (i.e.smtp).

I spent a lot of time getting to the bottom of this so hopefully this
might help someone else avoid doing the same!

Recipient policies does not apply when new user was created.
I just ran into a weird problem on an Exchange 2000 server. I would create a new user using Active Directory Users and Computers and tell it to setup all of the Exchange mailboxes. But it didn't. I manually create user’s SMTP mailbox/address through Active Directory Users and Computers but the user account not show on the Global Address List. You need to wait for RUS to update the address book. Or your can force an update in Exchange System Manager by following the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319065 "san1988" wrote: > I ...

Available to use
Hello, Im trying to create a quiz system that allows users to log in and take a quiz. However there are two users of the system, lecturers and students. What I need help with is I want to make a page on my slide to allow a lecturer to make content avaiable. For instance If the lecturer logs in they are taken to a page with two buttons on it saying log out or make slides avaiable. Then if a student logs in, depending if the presentation is avaiable they are taken to the quiz, if it is not avaiable a message pops up and telling them it is unvaiable and they are taken to the login ...

fill series grayed out (not available, disactivated)
I have been wondering for some time why the fill series functionality is sometime not available. When you right-click on the fill handle and drag it to fill adjacent cells, the series option is grayed out in the menu and there is no way to get Excel to do anything other than copying cell values. I searched the Web and couldn't find an answer, so I decided to share my findings. I know for shure adding auto-filters to a spreadsheet deactivates the fill series functionality. If you are aware of any other reasons why it may be deactivated, please share it here. BTW, here is my worka...

can you customize a delivery notification?
Exchange 2003 on a Server 2003 OS. user A is set to Send AS user b. User b is set to not receive email. I want to send a delivery report to any user private or public, that tries to send user b an email stating why their message was not delivered and for them to call their broker. I'm needing a cusomized delivery notification. Can this be done without the purchase of expensive software? On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 12:25:02 -0700, O'Doyle Rules!! <O'Doyle Rules!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 on a Server 2003 OS. > >user A is set to Send AS user b...

No delivery reciept!
Hello, I sent an email with "Request a delivery receipt for this message" selected.two days ago and I haven't gotten anything back. Nothing at all saying that it was either delivered or "not delievered". What might that mean? Thanks, Jeff That the recipient's mail server does not support receipts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, JMI asked: | He...

how to make undisclosed recipient list
I get mail addressed to "undisclosed-recipient". How do you do that? I'd like to send mail w/o disclosing addresses as well. Thanks. luvtojump <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get mail addressed to "undisclosed-recipient". How do > you do that? I'd like to send mail w/o disclosing > addresses as well. You create a contact called "undisclosed-recipient" and give it your email address. Then, when you compose the message, you put that contact in the To like and all the addresses you wish to reach in the Bcc line. When you...

ESM
Hi All, I've recently been seeing messages sitting in my deffered delivery queue. Upon further investigation, the 'Storage Limits' column within ESM for the recipient user's mailbox is showing 'data not available'. These recipients are enabled, non hidden objects within my AD. Can anyone tell me why this 'data not available' would be showing? Many thanks for your time, Orb. ...

Sales Pipeline report
I know you used to be able to view the sales pipeline report by product, but I don't seem to have that option available in the "group by" ddl. Am I missing something? HELP! Viewing the sales pipeline by product is an important requirement. I haven't used this report, but it should be relatively easy to build your own SQL view for the report to group the output by product (clone the existing report and modify the where clause). Thanks for the reply. According to the help files, this group by option should be available. I opened the report in Visual Studio, and low-and-...

More SSRS reports available?
Are there any more SSRS reports available than what came out of the box with GP 10? ...

i need availibility chart for employees
Hi, You are going to have to be a lot more specific - what does your data look like, how is it laid out, what do you want your chart to show. Shane Devenshire "shawna1219" <shawna1219@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9632062-F4A8-4BF1-905C-8A013164C386@microsoft.com... > By the way when you post a question without anything in the body people using the web interface get the following message: "An error occurred while sending your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We're sorry, but there w...

Posted Batches are still available
Hi: We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted the batches but those are still available to post. Those are showing no. of documents and their batch totals, but when we print edit list of those batches, there is nothing. What is causing this situation? Thanks in advance. Are those Sales transaction batches? If yes, they may be order or quote in your batch. "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote: > Hi: > > We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted > the batches but those are still available to post. Those...

mail delivery notification
How can I set my e-mail to notify me when the recipient has received or opened the e-mail I sent? In message window, open File/Properties, check "Read receipt requested," "Delivery receipt requested," or both. >-----Original Message----- >How can I set my e-mail to notify me when the recipient >has received or opened the e-mail I sent? >. > Thank you >-----Original Message----- >In message window, open File/Properties, check "Read >receipt requested," "Delivery receipt requested," or both. > >>-----Original Messa...

Product records are not available in this view
Hi everyone, hope you could help me! I have upgraded from Microsoft CRM Ver. 1.2 to Ver 3.0. When I am adding opportunity product in opportunity, when I click on the products lookup (which I changed the label from Products to Category while it's still in Ver. 1.2), available products are not being displayed. When i click on the lookup, the reulst says... No product records are not available in this view. i did this upgrade twice to isolate the problem, but still the same problem occurred. What seems to be the problem? Is there any fix for this? Thanks in advance! Cheers, Imee ...

Outlook or Exchange question, About a BCC: recipient
I have been asked by one of my user who can see a BCC: recipient after the e-mail is sent. Example: I compose a group e-mail to 2 users external and 1 internal on the TO: line and the add 2 BCC: 1 internal and 1 external Does the originating server only add the recipient/code to the BCC: e-mail Rept thus preventing someone on the TO: recipient from looking at the headers? thanks >>I have been asked by one of my user who can see a BCC: recipient after the >>e-mail is sent. If he is the sender, the BCC will be retained in his sent items copy, but not be visible in the re...

max # of recipients
When I send an e-mail to a "group", everyone doesn't receive it.. Is there a maximum # of recipients when sending e-mail from outlook 2002? Thanks for the answer. Harold I believe the field can hold 32KBytes. I don't think Outlook is the problem since most ISPs will limit how many recipients per message. (they do this to limit spam/uce) "Harold" <rennebergiii@msn.com> wrote in message news:1554e01c446ae$811000e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I send an e-mail to a "group", everyone doesn't > receive it.. Is there a maximum # of recipi...

Who could tell me about LPC(Local Procedure Call) and provide some examples?
Hello all: Who could give me some documents about LPC(Local Procedure Call) and provide some examples?There are examples on server and client.Thanks very muvh. ...

How to perform per-recipient routing between different MTAs using Exchange?
Hello, We're running Exchange 2000 as well as another mail system. Both share the same Internet domain and we use a Sendmail MTA to route incoming messages to the correct mailserver, based on the recipient's address. Instead of using Sendmail, is there a way to use Exchange to perform per-recipient routing? We've already created mail-enabled contacts for the non-Exchange users. We also use Sendmail to handle aliases but I guess that we could use public distribution lists for that. We'll upgrade to Exchange 2003 soon. Thanks in advance for any advice. - Alan. Do you mean ...

error 5.1.3 STOREDRV.Submit; invalid recipient address #SMTP#
Hi We have been sending email to a distribution list for over a year now and just yesterday we recieved an error message for some on the list and the email addresses are still valid: The format of the recipient's e-mail address isn't valid. A valid address looks like this: username@contoso.com. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try sending the message again, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator. _____ Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Diagnostic i...

Managed Folders and Transport Rules
Hi... I would like to use the Custom Managed Folder feature of Exchange 2007. No problem... But I'm not able to create a kind of server side rule for automatic message redirection based on their properties. The goal is to have some messages (e.g. with specific subject, classification...) automaticaly put to the specified (managed) folders. Is there a solution for that...? Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot. -- IT Manager, Kiekert-CS Unfortunately, E2K7 does NOT do this. It seems like a natural extension of the transport rules and the message records management features, but...

undisclosed recipients #5
how can i send and e-mail to all of my contacts or a distribution list withou everyone seeing all the e-mail addresses. i have received e-mails like that and in the "to" field it typically says "undisclosed recipients". ricardo wrote: > how can i send and e-mail to all of my contacts or a distribution > list withou everyone seeing all the e-mail addresses. i have received > e-mails like that and in the "to" field it typically says > "undisclosed recipients". Use Bcc. "ricardo" <ricardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

address types on form are not displayed/available for lookup to in
Is it a bug in MS CRM 4.0 that an address with e.g. address type "bill to" on the account form is not displayed in the lookup when wanting to insert a bill to address for this account on a quote? I noticed that this worked fine in MS CRM 3.0, but apperently in 4.0 the system only shows the addresses that were linked to the account under "more addresses"... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If yo...

Error in Outlook 2003: Not Enough storage is available to process this command
Hi, I am having an issue with one of the users in my office's Outlook 2003. When dragging and dropping an email from their Outlook to the desktop to save the email, it pops up a message box saying "Not enough storage is available to process this command". I have tried rebooting the machine, which temporarily fixes it, but after a few emails it starts coming up with the same message box again. The machine is a P4 3.0ghz machine w/ 1 gig of ram and 150gig free of hd space. It is running Windows XP SP2 w/ Outlook 2003 SP1. I have looked around in the registry but i havent found an...

Simple Divison formula not providing answer.
I recently got Excel 2007 @ work. When I type =D12/2 in the cell I expect to see the answer (whatever D12 is divided by 2). What I get is =D12/2. That happens whether I type in the cell name or I click on the cell. Is there a different way to type formulas in 2007 vs. 2003, or am I doing it wrong, or what? The cell was formatted as text before you entered the formula. Just reformatting is not enough; Format as number AND re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "EKNelson" <EKNelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

how to expand available fonts for email in MS CRM?
Hi all, By default Microsoft CRM offers the following fonts for email messages and templates: - Arial - Arial Black - Tahoma - Verdana - Garamond - Times New Roman - Courier New Is there a (supported) way to expand this list with other fonts? Thank you for your reply, Basman ...

Default Recipient Policy not working
I have an Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 mixed organization. My problem is: The default recipient policy is not working (any more). When I click "apply now" in ESM, I recieve the following error: "The specified directory service attribute or value already exists. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007200d Exchange System Manager" All other recipient policies are working fine. Have you tried doing an update on the Recipient Update Service? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please d...