no subject e mails, how do I deal with them?

I am receiving loads of  'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is there a way
of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool cannot create a rule
based on an e mail that has no subject or content.

What causes these mails anyway?

0
noanswer (88)

Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of =
Outlook, it would be hard to say.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, T5 asked:

| I am receiving loads of  'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is there
| a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool cannot
| create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or content.
|=20
| What causes these mails anyway?
0
MillyS (3228)
11/23/2006 11:11:37 AM
I didnt think it matterered what version but it is office xp professional
2003
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of
Outlook, it would be hard to say.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, T5 asked:

| I am receiving loads of  'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is there
| a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool cannot
| create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or content.
|
| What causes these mails anyway?

0
noanswer (88)
11/23/2006 5:08:21 PM
There is no such beast as Office XP 2003 professional.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, T5 asked:

| I didnt think it matterered what version but it is office xp
| professional 2003
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
| Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of
| Outlook, it would be hard to say.
|=20
| --=81
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|=20
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|=20
| After furious head scratching, T5 asked:
|=20
|| I am receiving loads of  'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is there
|| a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool cannot
|| create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or content.
||=20
|| What causes these mails anyway?
0
MillyS (3228)
11/23/2006 6:04:23 PM
Oh, and when posting about a problem with an Office product, it ALWAYS =
matters what version.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, T5 asked:

| I didnt think it matterered what version but it is office xp
| professional 2003
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
| Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of
| Outlook, it would be hard to say.
|=20
| --=81
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|=20
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|=20
| After furious head scratching, T5 asked:
|=20
|| I am receiving loads of  'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is there
|| a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool cannot
|| create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or content.
||=20
|| What causes these mails anyway?
0
MillyS (3228)
11/23/2006 6:04:54 PM
sorry Milly outlook 2003
Oh, and when posting about a problem with an Office product, it ALWAYS
matters what version.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, T5 asked:

| I didnt think it matterered what version but it is office xp
| professional 2003
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
| Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of
| Outlook, it would be hard to say.
|
| --�
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|
| After furious head scratching, T5 asked:
|
|| I am receiving loads of  'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is there
|| a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool cannot
|| create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or content.
|| What causes these mails anyway?

0
noanswer (88)
11/24/2006 6:50:48 AM
You may want to try this then- create a rule that "unless the subject =
does not contain 'a' 'e' 'i' 'o' 'u' 'y', delete it".

I prefer using a third party spam block called SpamBayes, available from =
sourceforge.net.

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, T5 asked:

| sorry Milly outlook 2003
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
| Oh, and when posting about a problem with an Office product, it ALWAYS
| matters what version.
|=20
| --=81
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|=20
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|=20
| After furious head scratching, T5 asked:
|=20
|| I didnt think it matterered what version but it is office xp
|| professional 2003
|| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
|| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
|| Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of
|| Outlook, it would be hard to say.
||=20
|| --=81
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||=20
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||=20
|| After furious head scratching, T5 asked:
||=20
||| I am receiving loads of  'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is
||| there a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool
||| cannot create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or
||| content.=20
|||=20
||| What causes these mails anyway?
0
MillyS1 (1480)
11/24/2006 4:16:08 PM
Hi Milly,
The mails I am receiving have no sender and no subject so I cannot create
any type of rule. Are they mails that have had the content stripped by
Norton?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, T5 asked:

| sorry Milly outlook 2003
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
| Oh, and when posting about a problem with an Office product, it ALWAYS
| matters what version.
|
| --�
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|
| After furious head scratching, T5 asked:
|
|| I didnt think it matterered what version but it is office xp
|| professional 2003
|| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
|| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
|| Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of
|| Outlook, it would be hard to say.
|| --�
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
|| After furious head scratching, T5 asked:
||| I am receiving loads of  'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is
||| there a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool
||| cannot create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or
||| content.
||| What causes these mails anyway?

0
noanswer (88)
11/25/2006 9:54:49 AM
Probably not, they are just crappy spam.  Get a third party program to =
deal with junk like this.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, T5 asked:

| Hi Milly,
| The mails I am receiving have no sender and no subject so I cannot
| create any type of rule. Are they mails that have had the content
| stripped by Norton?
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <millys@mvps.org> wrote in message
| You may want to try this then- create a rule that "unless the subject
| does not contain 'a' 'e' 'i' 'o' 'u' 'y', delete it".
|=20
| I prefer using a third party spam block called SpamBayes, available
| from sourceforge.net.
|=20
|=20
|| sorry Milly outlook 2003
|| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
|| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
|| Oh, and when posting about a problem with an Office product, it
|| ALWAYS matters what version.
||=20
|| --=81
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||=20
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||=20
|| After furious head scratching, T5 asked:
||=20
||| I didnt think it matterered what version but it is office xp
||| professional 2003
||| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
||| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
||| Probably, but since you provided no information about your version
||| of Outlook, it would be hard to say.
|||=20
||| --=81
||| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|||=20
||| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
||| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
||| reading.
|||=20
||| After furious head scratching, T5 asked:
|||=20
||||=20
0
MillyS (3228)

losing format when e-mailed
Hi, Hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong: When a user sends a selection of a spreadsheet via Outlook, the receipient is complaining that the selection is received in a mess, meaning the format of the selection is not kept. Cells are truncated. Coulmns of numbers are not aligned as they were. How can I stop this from happening? This is annoying... Thanks. Ed >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong: > >When a user sends a selection of a spreadsheet via Outlook, the receipient >is complaining that the selecti...

Use of Excel for Mailing List
Does the latest vesion of excel delete mailing list duplications automatically? No.. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "tjd" wrote: > Does the latest vesion of excel delete mailing list duplications automatically? But if you want help working with duplicates, take a trip to Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm He has a bunch of techniques for working with duplicates. tjd wrote: > > Does the latest vesion of excel delete mailing list duplications automatically? -- Dave Peterson ...

NDR: Unable to deliver message to <blah>, because the message was forwarded more than the maximum allowed times. This could indicate a mail loop.
I have started seeing lots of messages generating the folowing NDR: Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, because the message was forwarded more than the maximum allowed times. This could indicate a mail loop. I assume this is some MTA's peeking into headers and counting hops. Our exchange is internal, and outbound email is forwarded to an external smtp proxy. I am becoming conerned at the frequency of these. Is there some popular mail handler, or spam filter that could be responsible for these ?? Info appreciated. Bob Bob - Any idea what your hop count is se...

Lost Mail #2
Has anyone ever experienced or documented lost email in an Exchange 5.5 SP4 system. Clients are all Outlook XP. Thanks, Mike Ober. More information: Windows Server 2000 SP4 AD Domain Controller with all critical security patches via semi-automated Windows Update. Windows Update downloads and then waits for an administrator to install. Windows 2000 IIS running on server. Exchange configured per Service Pack readme to log all messages to a Message Journal. This includes IMC messages. Missing emails are found in the message journal as well as a BCC mailbox setup specifically to catch the...

Ex 5.5 IMS "Never Route Mail" not working?
I have an Exchange 5.5 server with SP4. I am trying to configure the IMS so that it won't route external mail for specific IP addresses. My problem is not SPAM. I have HP 9100c Digital Senders that I don't want end users walking up to and sending documents anonymously out to the Internet. I have the ReRoute Incoming Mail enabled and one entry the accepts the local domains mail as inbound. I then go into Routing Restrictions and only check the Never Route Mail checkbox and enter the IP address of the 9100c's that I want internal mail to be delivered from, but not to relay mail...

Maintaining trusted senders (junk mail)
Is there any way to maintain a global trusted list of e.g. trusted domains? I would like to update a list that get imported in Outlook every week, as we constantly add new customers as trusted domains. -- IT/MsC/ITAdm Engineering Services ...

e-learning requirement (SABA resouce) @ NY/NJ for 6-12 months
E-Learning requirement (SABA resource) Location: New York/ New Jersey Duration: 6-12 months We need resources that are familiar with LMS course development. The courses from MELS (Merck e-learning) need to be loaded into SABA (Schering Plough) and some possible development is needed to do the conversion from MELS to SABA. - Good problem solving skills - LMS knowledge - Develop/Test Online content: - Articulate/Captivate - Lectora - HTML - Familiar with Scorm 1.2 compliance Send me updated profile to moh...

E-Mail Postausgang
in postausgang befindet dich eine nachriecht die nicht gsendet oder gelöst werden kan ...

Can the retail management software be used to help build an e-com.
I am about to open a retail store and also want to set up a web site. Is there the capability of integrating info from the retail files into the website? New West technology has a great package "down in new orleans" <down in new orleans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97A30580-A242-43DB-89FF-EF44FE70A7A1@microsoft.com... >I am about to open a retail store and also want to set up a web site. Is > there the capability of integrating info from the retail files into the > website? www.nitroasl.com "down in new orleans" <down in new...

POP3 connector in SBS2003 i.e. exchange 2003
Hi all, This is a bit of a pain in the neck, so if anyone comes up with a solution will be a real life saver for me. We have a client where we are replacing SBS2000 server with SBS2003 server. Now, my question is only related to the Exchange part of it. On the SBS 2000 server, under exchange, we have POP3 connector and on the properties of that POP3 connector, we have something called Global ISP mail host. What I understand it does is brings down the email for the specified email domain using the POP3 protocol. In this, we specify the server from which we bring the emails down, the em...

Spam mail
Wot's the best way to configure outlook message rules to stop the spam get to my inbox? P.S I new to computers so go easy.... There is a wizard in Outlook that will guide you through the rules. Get there from the Tools/Rules Wizard Have fun. Scott The best way is to stop the spam at your server. Get a free spam program called mailwasher and you can blacklist any unwanted spam Bert "DAG.COM.2003" <hopper69@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:bgg949$mhh$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Wot's the best way to configure outlook message rules to stop the spam get ...

Unable to Send or Receive Mail
I have a client who is receiving the following error message when attempting to send or receive emails through her phone: UNABLE TO SEND OR RECEIVE MESSAGES FOR THE ******** ACCOUNT. AN INCORRECT PASSWORD WAS ENTERED. THE NEXT TIME YOU SEND OR RECEIVE MESSAGES, YOU'LL BE ASKED TO ENTER YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD FOR THIS ACCOUNT. SERVER ERROR: 0X800CCC90 SERVER RESPONSE: -ERR YOUR MAILBOX IS ALREADY LOCKED SERVER: 'MAIL.******.COM' WINDOWS LIVE MAIL ERROR ID: 0X800CCC92 PROTOCOL: POP3 PORT: 110 SECURE(SSL): NO She has the ability to edit her login and passw...

Newbie e-mail question
Hi all. I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help. I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created in Powerpoint by someone else. Looks fine on my screen. Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the receiving end. It looks a mess! The text boxes are all over the place, as is the text that is not in a box. Also, everything slide over to the left hand margin a little bit, so the e...

Outlook 2000
I have Outlook 2000 installed and running. Formerly, I had Outlook 2002 installed and running. With 2002, I had the option of choosing an account/service from which to send a newly created message. How can I get this function to work in Outlook 2000. Apparently, simply choosing a "From" address does not work well. Please help. Thanks. Check Help->About - if it says Corporate or Workgoup, you can no longer use the previous settings. You will need to change the sending order under Tools->Services. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the...

windows mail not opening pictures
in the last two days windows mail in Vista doesnt open any pictures in emails. � not attchments � the pretty pics used by most commercial emailers � to let you know their logo, their lastest offerings etc etc All I get is a border with a little x in the top left hand corner I havent changed anything. (unless the last auto windows update did) Tools Option Read does not have "read in plain txt" ticked TO Security does not have "block images" ticked View "message in html" is greyed out virus check was done since the problem started anyone else h...

How to keep mail from being opened
For security I reasons I would like to delete incoming mail without having to open it first. As my Outlook express is set up now, it open automatically before I can delete it when I click on the message. Thanks "46erjoe" <46erjoe@whoknows.net> wrote in message news:k3iav1hevcknhtt2o626gh8a66shi25637@4ax.com... > For security I reasons I would like to delete incoming mail without > having to open it first. As my Outlook express is set up now, it open > automatically before I can delete it when I click on the message. > Thanks As noted by the title for this newsgr...

MAil store after a restore
I have just had a long weekend and I now have a question about the mail store... I did a recovery to the mail store after a full systems failure and a corrupt backup. I know what a day :-0 anyway, I now have to usenames in the mail store for each user. How can I recover this data for what looks like the orphaned username. I tried to use exmerge but it looks like it only picks up the new profile in the mail store and not the old. What suggestions can I try? I know the data is there according to file size, but I can not reach it. -- Tom Davis What did you recover, how did you rec...

System Administrator
Hi, I use Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my laptop with wireless internet access. I have no problems with it at home; mail sent and received successfully. However, when I use my laptop elsewhere with Wi-Fi, I experience problems sending mail. (I never have a problem receiving mail). Sent messages often (not always) get returned to me. The returned email is marked from 'System Administrator', and the subject is marked 'Undeliverable', followed by my original subject. My original message is stripped from the body of the email, but the message body in the returned email says so...

Windows mail gremlins
I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand margin. I have had a few problems recently where all the folders dissappear and re-booting the system makes come back, but yesterday all I have is my mailboxes. Does anyone know how I can fix both of these issues? In the left pane of Windows Mail, all that should be there are the folders. I have no idea what you mean when you say your mailboxes are in the left pane. As to the folders, check: View->Layout->Folder List Expat;1634506 Wrote: > I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand m...

Get help with Mail
In the Help folder should I get help with Get help with Mail. But the web address seems not to be correct. Is there anybody who knows how I can get back the help function? It's broken at the moment. There's a lot going on involving lots of different teams, and co-ordination between them is not exactly 100%. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the 'help folder', but to access the help that's available (for what it's worth), go to http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=wl_mailv3 You could also try http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=15 ...

Size of mail to download
Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system. I want to tell Outlook to not download mail from the server if it is over a certain size. How do I do that? I've looked at rules and can't figure it out. Thanks! -- ------------------------------------------ Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com Jeff Needle <jeff.needle@cwnet.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system. I want to tell Outlook to not > download mail from the server if it is over a certain size. How do I > do that? I've looked at rules and can't figure it out. Outlook has no rules that ...

Calculation of mean excluding target subject
Hi, This is the situation - Let say I have 10 firms (firm 1 to firm 10). In order to calculate value for firm 1, I need to compute mean for fir 2 to 10; and in order to calculate value for firm 2, I need t calculate mean for firm 1, 3 to 10. Meaning: In order to calculat value for firm x, I have to exclude firm x in calculating the mean. Ho can I do this? Many thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if your firm name is in column A and column B contains the values use the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =MEAN(IF(A1:A10<>"firmx"...

Unable to access my new mails
Hi, I have been using OUTLOOK since 5 months and never had a problem, but since last week, I m unable to watch new emails. When I click send/recieve button, it shows there are lot of messages are scanning, but when its dont there is nothing in my inbox. So I think server is receiving my mails but unable to present those on screen. Please help me out, since its the only way to be in touch with my world. Give me a suggestion abt this matter. ...

preventing a user to delete mails from a certain mailboxfolder
has anyone a solution to prevent certain users to delete messages in a folder. for example we created several mailboxes and shared them to different users but there can be only one person that has the right to delete messages in that folder. we already added permissions so that only persan A can delete but person B and C still can delete messages. thanks in adbvace for the help On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:09:03 -0700, "jurgen vancoilie" <jurgenvancoilie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >has anyone a solution to prevent certain users to delete messages in a folder. >for...

View task pane and mail #2
Hello!! Using Outlook 2003 - Does anyone know if there is a way to view the mail as well as the task list? Similar to the view I can acheive using Calendar and task list. Thanks! Chris only by creating a folder home page using the outlook view control. There are some samples at www.digidashlive.com -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...