No signature in Tools/Send to/mail recipient

If I have a Word document opened and I select "Tools" then "Send To" then
"Mail Recipient" my signature (including a confidentiality statement) is not
included in the email.  This is also the case when I try "Tools/Send to/Mail
Recipient (as attachment) which is more surprising to me.

Is there any way to make sure my signature and confidentiality statement are
appended to all messages sent through Outlook (regardless of how the message
is started)?

Thanks!

--
Rick B

0
Rick

No, this is because Word only loads a stub of Outlook. If you want all
settings to be honored initiate a new mail from within Outlook.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
"Rick B" <Anonymous> wrote in message
> If I have a Word document opened and I select "Tools" then "Send To" then
> "Mail Recipient" my signature (including a confidentiality statement) is
> not included in the email.  This is also the case when I try "Tools/Send
> to/Mail Recipient (as attachment) which is more surprising to me.
>
> Is there any way to make sure my signature and confidentiality statement
> are appended to all messages sent through Outlook (regardless of how the
> message is started)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Rick B

0
Roady
3/29/2007 1:19:10 PM
Just FYI, I found that you can (after opening the email) attach a signature.
This only works if you do "Send To/Mail Recipient (for Review) of (as
attachment).  Once you perform one of those functions, it opens a mail
message and you can select "Insert" Signature", then select your signature.

You might want to update that book you co-wrote  :-)

--
Rick B

message news:1F192CF4-7B9C-49B9-86E6-9594D76281BD@microsoft.com...
> No, this is because Word only loads a stub of Outlook. If you want all
> settings to be honored initiate a new mail from within Outlook.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> -----
> "Rick B" <Anonymous> wrote in message
>> If I have a Word document opened and I select "Tools" then "Send To" then
>> "Mail Recipient" my signature (including a confidentiality statement) is
>> not included in the email.  This is also the case when I try "Tools/Send
>> to/Mail Recipient (as attachment) which is more surprising to me.
>>
>> Is there any way to make sure my signature and confidentiality statement
>> are appended to all messages sent through Outlook (regardless of how the
>> message is started)?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Rick B

0
Rick
3/29/2007 2:29:47 PM
Inserting it manually is still possible of course but not automatically as I
implied your question.

"You might want to update that book you co-wrote  :-)"
No need, it's not about that ;-) It's much more an admin level book than a
user level book.

--

> Just FYI, I found that you can (after opening the email) attach a
> signature. This only works if you do "Send To/Mail Recipient (for Review)
> of (as attachment).  Once you perform one of those functions, it opens a
> mail message and you can select "Insert" Signature", then select your
> signature.
>
> You might want to update that book you co-wrote  :-)
>
> --
> Rick B
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:1F192CF4-7B9C-49B9-86E6-9594D76281BD@microsoft.com...
>> No, this is because Word only loads a stub of Outlook. If you want all
>> settings to be honored initiate a new mail from within Outlook.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> -----
>> "Rick B" <Anonymous> wrote in message
>>> If I have a Word document opened and I select "Tools" then "Send To"
>>> then "Mail Recipient" my signature (including a confidentiality
>>> statement) is not included in the email.  This is also the case when I
>>> try "Tools/Send to/Mail Recipient (as attachment) which is more
>>> surprising to me.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to make sure my signature and confidentiality statement
>>> are appended to all messages sent through Outlook (regardless of how the
>>> message is started)?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rick B

0
Roady

Find/Replace command in Windows Live Mail
Does anyone know if the Find/Replace command is available in Live Mail. I cannot find it. If not, does anyone know of a suitable solution for that "will be missed" command. No, it's not. If you need to use Find/Replace, select all the text and 'cut' it. Then paste into Notepad where you can do the Find/Replace. When done, paste the result back into your email message. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "LouiseL" wrote in message news:8C2EDC90-74F5-4D16-948F-461EACB0F3C3@microsoft.com... Does anyone know if the Find/Replace command is ava...

OWA 2003 NEW MAIL Popup
Does anyone know how to tweak the settings for this popup? I need it stay on until it is clicked or the email is read. I am assuming that this is a javascript somewher in the echangeweb folder. I have tried to sniff all of the traffic created by owa and eevery two minutes my machine polls the server for new mail. I am not sure through htis traffic how the popup is being generated. Any help/guidance would be appreciated. ...

difference send as / receive as
Hi, I know that if you want under E2K "service account" access to mailboxes you must give yourself "send as"/ and "receive as" access ". But can anyone please tell me the whaht is the difference between the two permissions ? Regards Jenny Jenny wrote: > Hi, > > I know that if you want under E2K "service account" access to mailboxes you > must give yourself "send as"/ and "receive as" access ". But can anyone > please tell me the whaht is the difference between the two permissions ? > > Regards Je...

Windows mail problem 07-16-10
Tried to log into my optonline account and received the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Can anyone decipher this for me? What is the issue? You should not be using advanced ports or SSL, see http://optimum.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/optimum.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2397&p_created=1237397986&p_sid=ZbGnw*4k&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZ...

Can I keep an autoshape tool selected?
For example, if I want to draw multiple lines on a page using the line tool is there a way to just draw, draw, draw instead of going back to get the tool after each "draw". Thanks, Frank wrote: > For example, if I want to draw multiple lines on a page using the > line tool is there a way to just draw, draw, draw instead of going > back to get the tool after each "draw". > Thanks, In Word 2003 or earlier, you can double-click the line, arrow, rectange, or oval tool buttons on the Drawing toolbar (but not the other shapes that are only in the Aut...

Outlook 2003 incoming mail server
I posted a message this morning asking for help. Harvey Yancey [MSFT] responded, but then I replied and never heard from anyone again. I tried emailing Mr Yancey, but the address harveyy@online.microsoft.com is no good. Please, someone, read this and help me! The initial message is on the bottom. >-----Original Message----- >Hi Tanya, > >What is the complete error message that you are receiving? > >Regards, > >Harvey Yancey [MSFT] >Exchange Client/Server Infrastructure >harveyy@online.microsoft.com > >This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

Corporate or Workgroup, send from different accounts
I have been using Outlook 2000 (CW) in order to attach history to my contacts in ACT! This has been running well. The problem I've run into is I used to be able click on the "Send" button and choose a different email account to send from, I no longer have that option since I set up the workgroup settings. The email account that I can't send from is a Linux firewall account we use for internal emails...I can receive emails, but I can't reply or send new messages. They keep coming back as undeliverable. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. ...

Still sending emails internally.
The situation . . I had two domains set-up to receive emails via exchange, I have transferred one domain out to a hosted service, when I send emails internally the emails are being delivered internally which is wrong I need them to hit the outside world instead of being delivered internally how can I achieve this . . Thanks JON Can you provide more details? Sounds like your server still thinks it's hosting the domain you've tried to offload. "jonnycool" <jonnycool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC071409-0316-41A1-A2C2-C2FA5AB8AC66@microsoft....

Outlook 2003 Signature
When using Word 2003 at my e-mail editor in Outlook 2003, I have set up one signature that I would like to use for both "new" mail and on "replies and forwarding". It's working just fine for new mail, but on replies and forwarding I do not get my signature inserted. In addition, the AutoText feature does not give me the full signature as an option of something that I can insert. Your help is greatly appreciated. --David >-----Original Message----- >When using Word 2003 at my e-mail editor in Outlook 2003, I have set up one >signature that I would...

Can Not Send Large Attachment? Maybe? Maybe Not?
When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the following error message: #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient ## My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server. I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange server? My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange server because the attachment was too large I would receive: 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit message size exceeds...

Using Windows Mail in Windows &
I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7 computer for nearly 6 months without any problems. Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago it has stopped working. It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user interface never appears. I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail started working OK again, Repeated this three time so I have no doubt that it is KB978542 that has buggered it up. Has anyone else using Windows Mail in Windows 7 had this experience? Are MS purposely disabli...

Outlook 2007 receiving broken mails
I have a really mysterius problem to solve. I have four users who are in the same mail group. Three of them have Outlook 2007 and one of them has Outlook 2003. They are receiving almost 150 mail in on day and they seems to have heavy work. I am using cache mode with exchange std 2003. A broken mail is a mail with the first lines with the name of the sender only. The users with the Outlook 2007 are receiving broken mails, not the same time for the three of them. One mail is broken to the first user but to the other two the mail is seems to be fine. The last user with outlook 2003 has no...

why can't i find the send button and how do I configure e-mail
I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the message tells me my address is not configured? Did you create a profile for Outlook to use? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm "LJDICKER" <LJDICKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211018AE-F489-4002-864E-FAEEC141AF6F@microsoft.com... > I seem to be able to write the e-mail but do not have a button to send. the > message tells me my address is not configured? ...

Outlook 2002 sends blank body emails
Hi All, I've been having this problem on and off for a couple of months. The frustrating thing about it that it only happens on a few emails and I don't seem to be able to replicate the issue on demand. Problem. When sending and replying to an email the body of the email is sent blank. It is sent thru to the recipient as blank and also appears in my sent items as blank. I send my emails as HTML through an exchange server. I'm using Outlook 2002 SP-2 (10.4712.4219) and Windows 2000 Professional. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regard gibby157 ...

Why is phrase "SPAM:LOW" in Subject line of all incoming e-mails?
The phrase "SPAM: LOW" appears in the "Subject" line of all incoming e-mail messages, including those that already have a "Subject" line inserted by the sender. The phrase "SPAM: LOW" is simply added by (I assume) Outlook 2007, which I use for all e-mail services. QUESTION: WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THAT PHRASE FROM APPEARING ON ALL INCOMING E-MAIL MESSAGES? It was not added by outlook. Either your mail server is running antispam software that added it or you are using an antispam addin in outlook that is causing it. -- Diane Poremsky...

Old MS Mail 3.0 support
I am trying to find a way to support the old Microsoft mail postoffice. I have several cusotmers on small local LAn's using this with Outlook 97. If I convert/upgrade them to Office XP it continues to support the MS Mail Postoffice. However, a New install does not have this support. Anyone know how to get Office XP/2003 to support the old Microsoft Mail Postoffice? http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...

Use Rule to Fire Off Net Send Type Messages
Outlook 2003 I would like to know if there is a way to use an Outlook rule to send something like a Net Send message to another computer. One possible stumbling block is that we have the Messenger service disabled on our machines, so Net Send itself will not work unless we enable that service. For the few machines that the message would need to go to, we may be able to turn on the Messenger service. Nonetheless, I would like to know if there are any ways to accomplish this without needing to enable the Messenger service. You may be wondering why we want to do this. We have a mailbo...

Restricting users to Send e-mail
Hi, I would like to restrict few of my user in sending e-mail within the same domain to a bunch of internal users. I have 2 users who shouldn't be able to send any e-mail to 150 internal users. Do we have any better method to do it? I already came across a method of denying the sender in each user but that's very cumbersome. Also 2 user is my internal user and I can't use SMTP connector to restrict them. Any ideas? Do these folks still need to be able to email to the outside world and/or other internal users? If not, then remove their permissions to access Exchange res...

windows mail
how do i generate a message that tells everyone who tires to send me mail that i am out on vacation -- carol toennis You could create a message rule to respond, but that means leaving the computer running while you are away. The best way is to turn on a vacation reply on the email account's server. Most have this option, which you can access via the webmail portal. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "peachie11111111" <peachie11111111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA7EB45E-B647-4673-9172-...

503 Error, No Recipient
I'm the IT Guy for a small company with about 50 computers. One computer is having Outlook Problems. The user can receive emails fine, but is unable to send, getting the message 503, No Recipient, even though it's a valid address. I've tried doing several things to fix, but haven't been successful. Here's what I tried in various combinations. -Set the Outgoing Server to Require Authentication while using the same settings as the incoming mail server -Changed the Outgoing Server from 25 to 465 -Cleared internet settings and reset web/sercurity settings back to default I ...

Copy Text from Word Doc into E-mail message
I have the following macro to send out an e-mail with an attachment. Sub SendMailMorning() Set objMail = Application.CreateItem(0) With objMail .Subject = "Subject" .To = "address" .CC = "address" .BCC = "address" .Attachments.Add "c:\temp\File.rtf" .Send End With End Sub However I would like to be able to take the text out of the word doc and place it into the message of the e-mail instead of attaching it. Is this possible? Thanks - What Word doc? All the text or just some?=20 F...

Windows live mail

Outward Mail Error
--Sending mail using BCM contacts and receiving error message..sending reported error (0x80070057)'could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are invalid' Outlook will accept pure email address but won't accept "display as" format. can anybody help Rod Auton ...

indication of Send/receive in outlook 2003
How can I see during the progress of the send/receive an indication of how many emails I receiving Outlook 2003. ...

Can't i get to my mails like this????
Hi clever people Pls help me here. I need to know if i can "directly" connect to my exch2003 server to receive and send mail without using OWA. I want to use my client Outlook 2003. I have a laptop who is on the network connected to my exchange mailbox and i'm in "Cached Exchanged Mode". When i'm away from the office i have a hsdpa (wireless) card who provides me with internet access. Is there a way where i can configure my laptop(win xp pro) and my server so that if i'm away from the office i can connect with my account to the server without setting up ...