No Scroll Bar on Notes!

(Outlook 2007)

There are no scroll bars on Notes!  I have only just realise this, after
this problem has caused me a great deal of grief.

I have had a whole load of notes, out of view at the bottom, which I did not
attend to on a project, because I didn't even know they were there!

This awful design has made me look bad.  Terrible!

ss.

0
synapse (44)

The sticky notes notes? They've never had scroll bars.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message
> (Outlook 2007)
>
> There are no scroll bars on Notes!  I have only just realise this, after
> this problem has caused me a great deal of grief.
>
> I have had a whole load of notes, out of view at the bottom, which I did
> not attend to on a project, because I didn't even know they were there!
>
> This awful design has made me look bad.  Terrible!
>
> ss.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/13/2008 12:58:03 PM
I have recently finished re-speaking to Microsoft's Outlook team again and found out the "proper" way to submit feature requests.

? Outlook Notes Scroll Bar - If you're not happy with the fact that there are STILL no scroll bars in the Outlook Notes component (Remember that even the ancient Windows Notepad.exe has scroll bars, as well as Windows Mobile Notes!!!  However WinVista & Win7 Sticky Notes don't have scroll bars which may have something to do with the underlying form that Outlook Notes may also be using.), then PLEASE provide feedback to Microsoft.  After speaking with Microsoft's Supportability Program Managers, they stated that my request was the FIRST time they heard about this issue, and that they need to receive MULTIPLE requests EVERY MONTH to create an internal BUG# to first document this request, so make sure they continue to hear about this EVERY MONTH until it is implemented!  Save a reminder in your personal calendar application to click on the following link and re-submit your request, like I am doing at the beginning of each month, until this feature is added to the current or next version of Office!

? Improvement Suggestions - Use the following "Microsoft Supportability Program Managers (SPM)" link to submit your suggestion/request (https://Feedback.Office.Microsoft.com). Note that community participants may vote for suggestions and Microsoft may use the votes to help prioritize features in upcoming versions, but most important of all Microsoft needs MULTIPLE requests EVERY MONTH for this feature to put it higher in the the list of fixes!!!

? Sample message (1000 character limit): "Hello, the most BASIC and USEFUL feature that I would like to see added to Outlook's Notes component are SCROLL BARS for notes! BOTH Windows Mobile Notes AND Windows Notepad.exe applications have had scroll-bars for years and they are BASIC application, so why not such a popular, advanced, and valuable tool as Outlook? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add this feature to the next Outlook update as many people have been waiting years for this feature! If scroll bars were added to Outlook Notes, then not only would both Outlook and Windows Mobile applications be consistent, but Outlook Notes would actually be more useable and advanced than the simple Sticky Notes program within newer versions of Windows. But I think even Sticky Notes should have scroll bars as the original Notepad.exe program still has them!  And it would be fine if the scroll bars were the same color as the note, to keep a clean look, but at least you would have the functionality."

Synapse Syndrome wrote:

No Scroll Bar on Notes!
13-Aug-08

(Outlook 2007)

There are no scroll bars on Notes!  I have only just realise this, after
this problem has caused me a great deal of grief.

I have had a whole load of notes, out of view at the bottom, which I did not
attend to on a project, because I didn't even know they were there!

This awful design has made me look bad.  Terrible!

ss.

On Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:48 AM
Synapse Syndrome wrote:

No Scroll Bar on Notes!
(Outlook 2007)

There are no scroll bars on Notes!  I have only just realise this, after
this problem has caused me a great deal of grief.

I have had a whole load of notes, out of view at the bottom, which I did not
attend to on a project, because I didn't even know they were there!

This awful design has made me look bad.  Terrible!

ss.

On Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:58 AM
Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

The sticky notes notes?
The sticky notes notes? They've never had scroll bars.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message

UrlKicker-Url / Search / Notes Tray Utility
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8740507f-e1f5-4298-8f7f-542edc8935b8/urlkickerurl--search-.aspx
0
Brian
2/6/2010 8:00:45 PM
Please don't spam us daily. (If they do any thing to notes, it's more likely
to remove the module, not improve them.)

Honestly, of all the problems with Outlook, the lack of scrollbars on notes
is pretty far down the complaint list. Maximize the note (by double clicking
on the title bar) to read it and use the page up/page down keys. Double
click again to restore the size.  (We get far more questions asking how the
note got to full screen than we do about the lack of scrollbars.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"Brian Gaudreault" wrote in message news:20102615039bggaudreault@juno.com...
> [...]
> this problem has caused me a great deal of grief.
>
> I have had a whole load of notes, out of view at the bottom, which I did
> not
> attend to on a project, because I didn't even know they were there!
>
> This awful design has made me look bad.  Terrible!
>
> ss.
>
> On Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:58 AM
> Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
>
> The sticky notes notes?
> The sticky notes notes? They've never had scroll bars.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message

> UrlKicker-Url / Search / Notes Tray Utility

Blank Work area with Formula Bar
We've got a mahine that came in with a Blank work area in Excel 2000. Menus, Standard and Formatting toolbars and Status bar are visible, but nothing else. What I have discovered is that if I turn off the Formula bar, then I can see the column / row labels. Except that I only see column A...it is as if column A is infinitely wide. Check the column width value - 0, change it to 20, no effect and doesn't keep the 20 value.... Anyone seen these symptoms? ...

leading zeros are not showing in the formula bar but do show in ce
I am working on an excel spreadsheet where I was provided a list of Social Security Numbers. The SSN's that lead with zeros show up in the cell with the proper nine digit specification (no dashes or anything), because I formatted it to text. However, in the formula bar (where it counts), it does not show the leading zeros. How can I get the formula bar to show all nine digits including the leading zeros? Thanks! If they aren't showing up in the formula bar they aren't there. You probably have a custom format of "000000000" or something similar. To append th...

How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar?
I have more than 1024 characters in one cell. I can see the complete text in the formula bar but I cant print it Hi enter some manual linebrekas with ALT+ENTER every 1000 characters -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel 2003" <Excel 2003@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BEDAFD71-FA65-4500-A94D-90F4AAB57BEA@microsoft.com... > I have more than 1024 characters in one cell. I can see the complete text in > the formula bar but I cant print it Actually a cell can only display a maximum of about 1000 characters. It's just a limitati...

a frame window with its title bar on the top of its menu bar (overlapped) ...
Hi, This is related to a previous post of mine, for which I got a lot of help from people but the problem was still not resolved. I am reducing the problem to the following piece of code with only one class (CFrameWnd) involved. Please bear with me to look into the problem one more time. HINSTANCE h = AfxGetResourceHandle(); AfxSetResourceHandle(::GetModuleHandle(_T("current.dll"))); CFrameWnd *pFrm = (CFrameWnd*)RUNTIME_CLASS(CFrameWnd)->CreateObject(); pFrm->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE); pFrm->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); AfxSetResourceHand...

Short Cut Bar
For some reason my "Office Short Cut Bar" has disappeared from my desk top and I don't know how to get it back ! I have tried Start/Microsoft tools and then clicked short cut bar, but nothing happens. It does not appear to be hidden anywhere. Can anyone tell me how to get this bar back. Thank you Tony you might be able to find it via the explorer. simply right click on the start button and explore the file / folder versions of the user shortcuts. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Syst...

Combining 2 different types of bar graph
Hi I have 3 series of sales data I need to plot - actual, max budget & min budget - for 12 months. With the months being the x axis, I need the graph to be a standard bar chart, with the colums side by side for each month (clustered column). However, for the 2 bdget columns I need them to be of the "stacked" column type - so that when the graph is presented we can see exactly how the actual column each month compares to both budget figures. I've tried changing the chart type for each of the series, but it seems to change all 3 series each time. I could easily combin...

Outlook Status bar
In Outlook 2000 the status bar showed the total number of messages in the ibox as well as the number of unread messages in the inbox. Outlook 2003 only shows the total number of messages in the inbox on the status bar. Is there anyway to get the status bar to show the number of unread messages as well? Thanks, Jeff Nope, just look next to the folder; it's there in blue -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

programming command bars
Hello, I have a workbook with a number of sheets (over 100) and I would like to add a commandbutton to the top of each sheet. The command button would have the same functionality on each sheet. I have written the code to create the button in a class module, and set up a loop to create the button on every worksheet. I have written the code to run when the button is clicked in a code module. Is there a way to assign a procedure to the click event of the button without going into the code module for each worksheet and writing the same call 100 times? The embedded button doe...

Changing Title Bar color of the DlgBox?
Hi I have a mfc based dialog based application. I wish to change the color of the titlebar of my dialog box. I have successfuly changed it using the function SetSysColor(), but the problem is that as a result of this the titleBar color of all the other opened Widows also changes. How can i make sure that only my dlgboxes title bar color is changed Waiting for suggestions Regards Davinder wrote: > Hi > I have a mfc based dialog based application. > I wish to change the color of the titlebar of my dialog box. > I have successfuly changed it using the function SetSysColor(), bu...

Simple Bar Charting Problem: Would Sure Appreciate Some Help On This
Hello, Boy, do I feel dumb in asking this, but, honest, I've been playing around with this for hours, and just can't get what I want. I'm new at Excel Charting, so let me blame it on that. Would be most appreciative for any help. All I want to do is to create a very simple Bar (or perhaps it is actually called a Column) type of chart from two columns of data. What I have in Column B is "Suggested Yearly Dues, $" and in Column C "No. Of Respondents". So, it looks like this: Suggested Yearly Dues, $ No. Of Respondents ...

No tab for error bars in Excel 2007
I have a wierd problem. My company has pushed MS Office 2007 onto my computer set to compatibility mode. When i do a scatter plot, I follow the instructions to put Y axis error bars into the data set. When i get to the "Format Data Series" popup, there is nothing about error bars. How could this happen? I also tried a line graph and had the same problem. I am running version 12.0.6214.1000 SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000). This happened because of faulty interface design decisions. Apparently nobody at Microsoft had any experience making real charts, so the features that are needed f...

scroll bar gone
hi have money 2005 premium and in my checkbook area where you pick the category the scroll bar is gone and it only shows me the categories that fit in that window. if i go into split and select the categories from within there the scroll bar is there. Does anyone see this problem or have a fix for it. Thanks, minnoce944 In that nobody else has M05, it would be hard to comment. "Mike I" <minnoce944@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u9aY7B1fEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi have money 2005 premium and in my checkbook area where you pick the > category the scroll b...

30 Day Moving Average on 30 Day Bar Chart
Greetings: I want to add a 30 day moving average trendline to my 30 day bar chart. The problem is that to correctly com- pute the moving average for all 30 days, I need to use the last 60 days of data even though I only want to plot the last 30 days on the chart. How can I use the last 60 days of data to compute this trendline while only plotting the last 30 days as bars on the chart? Respectfully, Charles On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Charles in Iraq <CharlesinIraq@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I use the last 60 days of data to compute t...

Notes inside formulas using N-function
All, I've used the tip from Bob Umlas' book ("This Isn't Excel - it's Magic!") and added some notes to a few complicated formulas - to give users a clue as to what is going on. For those of you who haven't seen this, it essentially involves adding +N("Text in quotes") at the end of any formula. The problem I have, is that when I copy the formula down to the rows below, I get #VALUE! errors. Is there any way of getting around this? If the original value/formula returns a number, then this should work ok. But if your original value/formula returns te...

How to deal with task bar
I am using XP SP3, I am trying to look at a series of .mov files in a folder, one file at a time. When I double click on one of the .mov files, it quite naturally executes Quicktime V7.0 to 'play' the .mov, since that is the default for .mov files. What I don't like is that Quicktime always opens to play the .mov with its 'play' button (and its other controls too) hidden behind the task bar at the bottom of the screen. I can manually shrink Quicktime's window so as to expose the play button, but how can I make Quicktime come up automatically on top of the ta...

Outlook- How do I remove journal, tasks, notes, etc. from folder l
Outlook 2003 - How do I remove journal, tasks, notes, etc. from the folder list? I don't use these and they take up space on my desktop screen. You can't remove them from the folder list but you can hide some of the interface by clicking the little arrow at the right end of the icon widget at the bottom of the navigation pane and choosing the Options command. You can uncheck some of the sections there. "Whits End with Outlook 2003" <Whits End with Outlook 2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBD73530-E8C0-49EC-8767-06F700C30C51@microsoft.com......

Publisher 2007, note and greeting cards
Using Avery 5315 notecards, top fold, landscape. I would like to print a different photo on the front of each card; to create 2 notecards per page. (inside will be blank) I have looked all through these posts and do not see this solution. Is this possible? AMN I'd suggest using a blank 8.5 x 11 page. make it into two colums and two rows. set your margins as you need them and put the images in the right hand column. Depending on your printer, you might have e to paly with the margins and image placemtn to get hthe margins even around. ( editorial comment It was a lot easier in p...

research bar
We are using Hyperion Essbase and when we altdouble click to retrieve further data the research tool bar comes up on the right hand side. I cannot find a way to turn this off. It is not needed. I have managed to turn off the Getting started toolbar that used to pop up but this one continues to drive me crazy!!! Can anyone who has knowledge of Hyperion Essbase please help me. Sincerely ...

How to assign individual colours to each bar chart?
I would like to draw a bar chart with individual colours for each bar. The option "vary colours by points" is shown in grey and cannot be seected. You can format the bars individually. Select a single bar by single clicking it to select the series, and single clicking it again to select just the bar. Then double click to open the Format Point dialog, which will format just this bar. With one bar selected, you can use the left and right arrow keys to select a different bar. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services,...

No space to put notes in follow up flags
I was sure you used to be able, in old outlook 95, a notation when you set a follow up flag. It is fairly useless to just have reply, call back or whatever. You may need to have something more specific to prompt you as to why an email etc. needs followup. Can anyone assist? Right click the message and choose "Follow Up". Make sure the Flag field is showing in your view. If not, right click on the column headers and choose the "Field Chooser" and then drag the "Follow Up Flag" column into your view's column headers. FYI - There was not an Outlook 95. Outlo...

Labeliing of Bar graph in X axis
I have a simple bar graph with the Y- axis measuring vertically in units and the X-axis a series of bars that show month 2004 then same month 2005 repeated from november to july. The legend places the months/ year with a colour code BUT I want to have the actual bar displaying the 2004 November , then next bar 2005 November and so forth through 2004/ 2005 July. At this stage there is no actual labelling of each bar except for a legend of colours and the Month/year detail. Any help please. Mike ...

Dynamic stacked bar chart?
So far all the examples of dynamic charts I've seen have only had tw colums -1 for chart labels and the other with the data. My data ha week ending dates in column A(chart labels), column B has monday' sales - C has tues' sales....column F has Friday's sales. Also, I onl want to graph the data that is currently available in a data set tha will continue to grow. In the end, each bar should represent a week worth of sales with mon-fri stacked. Any ideas? Thanks for your help in advance. Shaw -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Shawn - Well, how did you get t...

Disconnecting the Tasks below Calendar from To-Do Bar in Microsoft Outlook 2007
In Outlook 2007 Is there a way to make the Tasks that appear below the calendar work independently from the To-Do Bar? It seems like a duplication to have them appear in both places. "kj" <karla@karlaspeaks.com> wrote in message news:0f998185-2f4c-4ae5-a2f3-d5e772d0dc05@y1g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... > In Outlook 2007 Is there a way to make the Tasks that appear below the > calendar work independently from the To-Do Bar? It seems like a > duplication to have them appear in both places. But when you are in Calendar, the To Do bar isn't there.... -- Asking a qu...

Bar Charts--2 sets of values
How do I represent 2 different sets of values in one bar chart. For instance I want to compare two different years, with information showing 2 sets of numbers. Hi, Try an ordinary clustered column chart, and if your scales for each series are vastly different, consider using the secondary axis for one of them. Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10297360.aspx ...

Lotus Notes ex user
Hello all, When I had Lotus Notes, you had an option to veiw your mail and below that, it would also show you any email that was replyed to or fowarded regarding that email. Does Outlook have this? 2007 Thanks ...