No rules

No - there are no rules either.  This is really odd!  I
still seel in my folder list under my name all my folders
then another title that says Outlook Today with all my
folders under it too.
0
anonymous (74722)

Rules Problem (blank emails)
I use Outlook 2003 and every day I receive several totally blank emails. I want to create a rule to filter them to my Deleted Items folder, but I can't see how to do it. The Rules Wizard always wants some actual value to work with and you can't insert "nothing" as a criterion (i.e. ""). I would be grateful for any suggestions. Tony Shrapnel "Tony Shrapnel" <shrapnel@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message news:16MBd.99518$K7.50922@news-server.bigpond.net.au... >I use Outlook 2003 and every day I receive several totally blank >emails. I want...

Rules replying once per sender
I've been trying to figure out how to make a rule reply to senders every time they send something. Currently, it only replies once per sender. Does anyone know how to change this setting? Thank you It's how outlook works and prevent mail loops. You'll need a 3rd party utility like exlife (www.ornic.com) to do it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Complex Outlook rules
I'd like to put files that have (xxx) anywhere in the subject into the folder named "xxx", regardless if they were received or sent by me. xxx could be any 3 digit number, e.g. 237 or 450 or 007. Without having to write 999 separate rules, is there perhaps a way to do this programatically. Or is there perhaps a way programatically to write the 999 rules? Thanks, JimPS I have OL2003 You could, in theory, do it as one rule with a "run a script" rule = action. Such actions use not an external script but a VBA procedure with = a MailItem or MeetingItem as its parameter...

To use JUNK FILTER or RULES
I have OL 2007 in a POP3 configuration. I have thousands of "junk" email and I have created a list of "spammers" that total about 400 email addresses. I have imported these into the Junk Blocked senders list. This will be great for future emails. The question is, is there a way that I can force the processing of the junk blocked senders on email already in my inbox? Or...Should I create a RULE with these addresses? Is there a way to add hundreds of email addresses to a rule? Thanks Good news and bad news: First the bad news: There isn't a good way to force pro...

rules change themselves in outlook 2003
Apply this rule after the message arrives throught the XXX account and on this machine only move it to the XXX folder. Seems simple enough but the first XXX randomly changes itself to another account whether I finish the process by clicking apply, clicking OK or next next finish. Also the programme seems incapable of recognising that it has already collected messages and repeatedly collects them again and again. I choose to leave them on the server so I can get at them from elsewhere. ...

Maximum rules allowed in outlook 2000
Hi, I was wondereing is there a maximum number of rules allowed in outlook as I am encounter a problem which indicated that there is not enough storage space available. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Choong Whye ...

User defined addresslists can't been printed (filter rules)
Hello newsgroup I have a problem using Outlook XP/2002 SP2, WinXP/2002 SP1 and Exchange Server 2000 SP3. In my company we use user defined filter rules in our contacts and have a lot of customized addresslists. Using those adresslists and watching them on the screen everything works fine and correctly. But using the addresslist (showing it on the screen) and then printing it causes the message: 'Outlook error - operation failed', so the contacts of the user defined filter list cannot been printed. Has anyone any idea? Many thanks in advance for your kind help. Best Regards Christian S...

Rules And alerts does work after crash
I am SysAdmin in a company and a collegue has a crash in his machine. It has 150 rules in the pst and he worked with POP3 account. Now I set up with IMAP account after the import of the rules none of the rules was play wright. Does anyone now How I can fix this issue without to delete it all and re -create????? Beacuse I allready did this and again the rules produce error " The message could no be found. We work with KERIO Mail Server. Any Ideas?????? Thanks -- Stavros http://forums.slipstick.com You'll have to recreate the rules since the original rules no l...

rules and alerts case sensitivity
How to tell the checking be case-insensitive? i.e. ignoring upper lower case in the pattern? Ross <a@cuhk.edu.hk> wrote: > How to tell the checking be case-insensitive? i.e. ignoring upper lower > case in the pattern? Rules are already case-insensitive. Looking for "cat" will also find "Cat", "cAt", "caT", "CAt", "CaT", "cAT", and "CAT". -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003 rules #2
Simple rules from Outlook XP work occasionally in Outlook 2003. I have a basic rule to move incoming mail to a specified folder if "xyz" is contained in the sender's address. This rule sometimes work, mostly not. Any ideas please? ...

Color Rule Number Limitations?
Hi Is there a limitation on the number of color rules one can specify using outlook 2002? I appear to have exhausted this number and cannot specify nor designate a color from a new e-mail recipient. Please advise. Thanks. ...

Rules in Outlook 2000 #2
Hi all, Our company has recently upgraded our mail server to Exchange 2003 (I am = unsure of the previous version). The staff are running a mixture of Outlook 2003 and = Outlook 2000. For some of the outlook 2000 clients, the rules seem to be getting 'lost' = whenever either the client machine or the email server is rebooted. After this, = going to the Rules Wizard displays a message stating the the client and the server rule = versions are different, and which to use. Selecting to use the Client option always = restores the users rules, but this is only a workaround. None of the ...

Rule not sticking
I've tried to create a new Mail rule and all looks well, except when I return to make another rule, the last one is no longer shown. My three original rules are still there from before I upgraded to Wave 4. Dave - After making any changes to the Message Rules, you must use the OK button to close the main dialog that shows the list of message rules. If you use the Cancel button or the X to close that dialog, the changes you just made are thrown away. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "FiOS-Dave" <FiOS-Dave@fakeaddress.zz> wrote in message...

Rule wizard not running
I have created several rule to run on my inbox upon arrival. However, new messages come in and sit there with out haveing the rule applied to them. I have the rule checked on, any ideas? crt crtoner@comcast.com ...

Message Rule Question #2
I don't think this message went before, not sure why. Here was the message. I set two message rules, the first one for messages containing [IncrediJoy], and the other for messages containing [Blank-Tags-ONLY] for the messages to go into specific folders. For some reason, when I get more of the messages with [IncrediJoy] or [Blank-Tags-ONLY], they won't go to their assigned folder, how can I correct this problem? -- Matthew Surber matthew_surber@earthlink.net Have A Great Day! -- All Outgoing mail scanned by McAfee Matthew Surber <matthew_surber@earthlink.net> wrote: > I...

Setting rules for moving messages automatically
I am new to Outlook. I want to set a rule that when mail from specific individuals addressed to me can be moved automatically AFTER BEING READ to a specific folder. I would like them moved to the folder but not deleted. What are the steps in creating the rule so they dont get moved before I have "read" the message ?? Rules work on mail as received, not after being read. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scra...

Deploying Outlook Rule
Hi! I think this is the forum for Outlook rules because they are created somewhere in the Exchange server. I created a rule that will move to a folder e-mail sent to me using my old e-mail address. This works fine. Now I want to deploy to all of my users. Is there a way to do this? Any script that will accomplish this? Thanks. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO I don't believe so but you should post in the outlook group to be sure. Todd "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60BE1F6B-AFDD-4BEF-916B-3B240F6B8E5D@microsoft.com... > Hi! > &g...

Rules -- Saving/Printing
I've compiled my own list of rules to handle spam that is very extensive and has taken months to put together. Does anyone know if there some way to save or print this list? ...

Workflow Rule
Hi Could someone please assist me with the creation of a workflow rule? We need to create a rule that when a task is assigned to someone and not completed by the due date then the sales manager should automatically receive an email informing of the non completion. I am familiar with the workflow manager but I struggle to create even simple rules. I would really appreciate it someone could explain the correct conditions to insert. Thanks Hi Mark, I did this by: 1. Make sure all users have the Manager set up in their User Record 2. Create a workflow for Task Created If Task <...

Emulate Out of Office Assistant in a rule? #2
I want to be able to emulate the OoO assistant in a server side rule, specifically I want it to only reply once to each recipient. Currently we have several customer service and tech support mailboxes that have server side reply rules that reply with a template directing them to our website for support. However, this rule EASILY gets caught up in loops to the point where I have to check it daily and turn off the rule temporarily to break the loop. I would use the Out of office assistant on the mailboxes, but the subject text "Out of Office:" seems to be static which wouldn...

Partner Rules Dealing with Other Partners Clients
Hello, Does anyone know the policy on Partners contacting other Partners clients to solicite business or switch to them because they can do more for your company than the current Partner your company deals with. Thanks, Brian Database Administrator I do not believe there is a formal policy. MSFT does, however, discourage the practice in general. "Brian" wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone know the policy on Partners contacting > other Partners clients to solicite business or switch to > them because they can do more for your company than the >...

"Rules in Error" #2
I have set up folders with rules in my inbox, to have emails from specific users go directly to specific folders. It seems that somehow a rule must have gotten corrupt and now it no longer works, instead I gets this message each time I opens Outlook (and sometime when the messages are coming in.) It is an error message, "Rules in Error", the rule "Server-Requested Client Action", the error "Move Copy, Unable to create dest msg." I've gone into the modify section of the "Organize" feature, and removed all of my rules. However the problem still exist...

save with rules to journal?
Hello I created rules that every outgoing message (fax, mail) should be saved as a copy to the journal. But unfortunately nothing is saved in the journal. Why? WHen I copy manually a mail into the journal the messsage is displayed Thank you very much for any help!!!! Michael ...

rule not working correctly
Hello, I have setup a few rules and some of them I have setup to Move the message to the following folder, yet it copies it to that folder. Is this a known bug? anyone know whats going on? The conditions are: on this machine only; through the specified account; then move to the specified folder. TIA Make sure you sort the rules correctly and add the "stop processing rules" action. This will prevent duplication when more than one rule applies. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office ...

Workflow Rule Failing in 3.0
Hey, So I'm not sure why this "Create" WF rule keeps failing, but I have a picklist in a task that is set by the WF rule, based on entity conditions. If the conditions are met the Picklist is set to "Yes" (the picklist has 3 values, "Yes", "No", and "N/A"). I have some OnLoad code that checks this value, and if the Value is "Yes", a function that captures the Click "Save As Complete" event throws an Alert and prevents the action. Thing is, the Workflow rule doesn't set the field and if I go to the Workflow M...