no option to add display name

I am running outlook xp on a both win98 and xp machines.  In neither case
can I find or set a display name for my email account (ie so others will see
my display name).  I have seen various suggestions about going to email
accounts/change but there is just no option there for 'display name'.

Is it something to do with the 'mode' of install?

any advice appreciated

david marcus

David Marcus <dmarcus@netspeed.NO-SPAM.com.au> wrote:

> I am running outlook xp on a both win98 and xp machines.  In neither
> case can I find or set a display name for my email account (ie so
> others will see my display name).  I have seen various suggestions
> about going to email accounts/change but there is just no option
> there for 'display name'.

Tools>E-mail Accounts>View or change existing e-mail accounts>Next.  Select
your account.  Click Change.  Put whatever you want in the "My Name" text
widget.  Click Next>Finish.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Multiple user names at one bank or brokerage
I have 3 accounts at one bank. I have 3 corresponding accounts set up in MS Money 2007. One of them is setup for online banking while the other two are not. I now want to set the other two up for online banking but I can't find a way to specify the unique login info for each of the other two accounts. ...

How to add 5 min to current time ()
Greeting, How to add 5 min to current time ()?? On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:23:00 -0800, ghost <ghost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Greeting, >How to add 5 min to current time ()?? DateAdd("n", 5, Now()) or for just a time value - actually a date/time value on December 30, 1899 - DateAdd("n", 5, Time()) -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

EzPaste-xl2ppt Excel add-in, automating the copy/paste of charts and data
Hello, This is to notify about the release of EzPaste (http:// www.EzPaste.net), an Excel add-in intended to completely automate the transfer of charts and data from Excel to PowerPoint. EzPaste identifies automatically all the charts and the tables defined in the active workbook. The user then selects which of them he wants to paste to PowerPoint=AE , and EzPaste does all the work, would you have to paste one or one hundred tables/charts at once Even if you have to paste the selected range or chart, EzPaste does it with the click of a button Sorry if this message is a bit advertising, b...

assign cell content as file name
I am attempting to create a macro that will save a workbook with the file name under which I save the workbook coming from the contents of one of the cells in the workbook. Suppose that each time the workbook was altered, a specific cell (A1 on Sheet1 for instance) contained the desired file name for that workbook. It is my goal to create a macro that automatically assigns said workbook a name based on the content of that cell. Any help would be most appreciated. Something like??? dim myFileName as string myfilename = "C:\temp\" & thisworkbook.worksheets("sheet1"...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

cannot add to archive.pst
A few months ago, I manually archived a few folders of my inbox and it worked great. I verified that the archive was there, (open outlook data file) and the archive data was in my folder list. I just tried to archive more data and it does not work. I do not get any error messages, outlook seems like it is going through the process ( a little quickly) but the files do not move. They are still in the original folders, not in archive. archive.pst did not change in size. How can I correct this? Using Outlook 2003. Archive depends on the date settings you have set, and this date is t...

Reports and making it look prettier: Last Name, First Name Rank
I'm trying to pretty up my report by eliminating the forced space created by having one field of the report for 'LastName', one for 'FirstName', and one for 'Rank.' The Rank isn't too huge of an issue, and if three items in one field gets to be too much, I have no problem leaving that as a side item of sorts. But, I want my report to look a bit better by putting the names together! I want the report to go to my table, pull the LastName from that column, and pair it with the matching FirstName in the column to the right. (Since it's just...

Dialog displayed
Hi I'm creating a dialog and calling it with domodal(). Is there a message handler or something insode my dialogclass that is called after the dialog is displayed? Thanks Urban Yes & No. Take a look at the OnInitDialog() message handler. OnInitDialog() gets called before the dialog is displayed. However you can post a user-defined message to yourself from the OnInitDialog() handler, and handle things that you want to do after the dialog is displayed. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler....

how do I display email addresses memorized by autocomplete?
I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have not been entered into my contacts, that I would like to access. Any ideas? This is a great tool for it: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html -- Ricardo Silva Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "alyankee" <alyankee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09CC2496-662A-4919-904C-EF6D93A51033@microsoft.com... >I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have > not been entered i...

Is it possible to add a "View" button under the purchase order section?
Would be nice to have the abilty to allow someone to be able to view the purchase order as opposed to the given "new, delete, edit, or receive" buttons. This way someone who needed the information and did not have the appropriate security would not be able to delete or change the PO. I tried to CTL S the new, delete, edit and receive buttons, but that basically locks them out completely. Is this something that may be possible? You can make excel pivot table so any employee can view that worksheet from their terminal. This way you can define the fields you want to show as well ...

How to enter Employer Stock Grants (not Options)
What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the following: Employer Stock Grants which vest annually in 3 years Thanks in advance flmiami In microsoft.public.money, FL wrote: >What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the following: > > Employer Stock Grants which vest annually in 3 years If there are no dividends, you can enter it as an employee option with 0 strike price. "FL" <flmiami@nospam.com> wrote in message news:31Duf.92970$k76.64496@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > What's the best way to enter in MS Money (2006) the foll...

How do you change a field name in 2002 Excel
I have copied and pasted a whole database from Works into the Excel program but can't seem to find a way to change the field names from A, B, C, to what I want as Last Names, First Names, etc. Aarrrrgh. It can't be THAT difficult! <G> Using the HELP did nothing for me thus I am here asking this silly Q. AnnE in MN You cannot change the Column letters from A, B, C etc. You can choose to have column and row headers not shown under Tools>Options>View Enter your titles(names) in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to lock row 1 in view. Gord Di...

Add range options to Rec Dist report
Add additonal range options to the Receivings Distribution report - only by Audit Trail is allowed ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b0268d6b-4b6a-4805-9b52-e...

Cannot add user to CRM
I have trouble adding user to the CRM. I have 50 users in AD, however, when it comes to adding user in CRM, I can only choose from 15 of them. I wonder why!? I suppose I should be able to pick from all 50 users whoever is in the AD, right? If anyone have any clue on this problem and give me some feedback, I would surely appreciate that!!! CRM deployment manager will not display certain categories of users - eg if they have been migrated from NT domains or Novel NDS without passwords. Search the group archives for UserAccountControl "Martijn van Halen" <MartijnvanHalen@d...

message does not display on in-coming mail
in outlook express, for in-coming mail, i see the sender, attachments and subject but the space for the message is blank. any suggestions Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

Display various currencies in Account listings
Anyone have a solution that makes sense, I would liek to simply list the correct currencies according to the Accounts. Example: I use a Foriegn Bank, the local currency is Euros, I also use my Home Bank which uses Dollars. When I do a listing of the Accounts, I get a display of all amounts in Dollars or Euros and would like to see both. Working abroad! therefore; it would be nice to acutally see what is what. Or should I see Microsoft as on a one track mine set, that it only happens in America! if you have any supportive info please let me know. Thanks in advance ...

automatically add borders to a cell after entry is complete
I've seen this done before. I would like to format the cells in my spreadsheet to automatically add a border to seperate one cell entry from the next after I'm finished with the entry. In other words after I tab out of the cell. Thanks, BKD you can set a conditional formatting. Highlight the area you will input numbers go to format--> conditional Formatting--> cell value is change to not equal to 0 click on format, select border--> choose one with all borders around it, click ok and ok again. now if you input any number except 0 you will see the borders. hope it hel...

Name a worksheet tab with data in a cell
I have Excel 2002 and would like to rename a worksheet tab with a cell reference. Example, name the tab "John Doe" his name is located in cell b2. each time I change the value in b2, the name of the tab will change accordingly. Hi Donovan, In the worksheet's module (right-click the sheet's tab | View Code), paste the following: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then Me.Name = Target.Value End If End Sub --- Regards, Norman "donovan" <anonymous@discussions...

Add times and genral numbers
I have a spread sheet that calculates a score based on the time to finish an event PLUS points scored during the event. Currently I enter the times as seconds (general number Eg 2 minutes = 120. This allows for easy adding of time and points. Each second of event time counts as 1 point. Eg 2 Minutes 30 Seconds is 150 points PLUS 50 points scored during event for a total of 200 points. I want to be able to add times in the correct format. Eg 2:30 for 2 minutes 30 seconds instead of using 150 seconds (actually I would prefer 2.30 for speed) How can I do this to allow for adding a time of 2:3...

How do I add a second y-axis?
I am creating a graph in Excel 2002. I have 2 data series and I need 2 y-axis due to different concentrations between the 2 data series. Everytime I try to add the 2nd axis, I can only view one of the data series. If you are using a secondary axis, check the scaling on both axes. You may have it set so that you can't see one of the series. "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59D1CB48-3855-42A1-BF42-A332AC821D6D@microsoft.com... > I am creating a graph in Excel 2002. I have 2 data series and I need 2 y-axis > due to different concentrat...

Can I add more columns to a spread sheet or is limit 256 columns
I am trying to produce an Excel spread sheet with at least 370 columns in one spread sheet but the limit seems to be set at 256. Is it possible to increase this number? Grit your teeth and wait for the next version of XL (12), and you'll have all you need!<g> Check out the new specs here: http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Pi...

name a backup file
I am trying to create a backup copy of a current spreadsheet, and I want to call it a backup copy and place the month in the title of the file. Can anyone help me achieve this. PR With ActiveWorkbook .SavecopyAs Left(.Fullname,len(.FullName)-4) & "_backup_" & _ format(date,"mmm") & ".xls" End With -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "PR" <paul.raeburn@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:uid8BdK5FHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I am trying to create a backup copy of a current spreadsheet, and I want to > call it a backup ...

Send email to same domain name (Expert only)
Hi all, My environment as below: Internal domain name abc.com and server is ex1 External domain name abc.com and email is test@abc.com, server is ex2 Question: I have setup outlook 2003, ex1 using exchange mode and ex2 using pop3 mode, it seem ok for internal or external mail's, but i found that if ex1 no mailbox of test@abc.com, the return message is can't delivery this mail. How can i send email in test@abc.com which ex2 server can recevied? I feel that ex1 server is received the email first!!! Pls advise Hi, This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321721 Lei...