no notice in Inbox of new mail.

Hello,
I am new to Outlook 2010 and am still learning it's little nuances but I am
trying to figure out why I don't get a numeric indication of new mail in
some of my email accounts? Only the default mail account.   I have 4 email
accounts.  I have my default account of course and everything is fine when
receiving an email to that account.  I get a sound and then a numeric
indicator showing how many new messages there are.  I have all of the mail
accounts Inboxes in my Favorites column as well as below, but only the main
default account shows a new mail  indicator and the quantity.  The other
accounts I would have to have been lucky and heard the sound and if nothing
shows up in the mail default account, I then know I have to click on each of
the other inboxes to find out what account the new incoming email went to
and then it shows the new email there in bold text, but again, no indication
of new mail other than having to open the Inbox to that account.
Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed ?  And if so, why wouldn't
it be automatically set to show new email since wouldn't most people want a
new mail indication?
Please advise.
Thank you.

0
nospam7515 (2084)

A reboot fixed the problem but I still don't get the new mail animation that
it is supposed to do.

"DotCom2"  wrote in message news:j55k4c$qts$1@dont-email.me...

[...]

Mailing Labels to Spreadsheet.
I have seen this question before but am unable to find the message. I have a MS Word document in address label format. I would like to convert this file to a spread sheet. How do I do this? Thanks Michael Copy and paste in Ms Excel Eva That's a start but you then have to put each line into a column. See Text to Columns, Split at LF (line=feed character) (#lf) where each label is in one cell (macro in the topic after #lf) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#lf Creating a Table from something like a column of address labels (#snkAddr) where t...

Unable to add email account to new users or old users
I have tried to add new users with new email accounts. The user account is created but does not add a email account. The exchange tabs show up but there is no information in them I have also used the exchange wizard to add a email account to current domain user. The wizard says works BUT when check the properties on the user is show no email account under the exchange tab. -- Donovan Please use my new email account at donovan@nglm.com Pls check this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317654 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Donovan Ellis" <donovan@nglm.com>...

how do i get oulook to get mail from yahoo?
I have yahoo accounts, but cannot get outlook to recognize them... am computer illiterate, so put answer in laymans terms please. thanks Do you have a paid yahoo account? You need an account that supports POP3 (free accounts don't) before you can use it with Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Sub...

incomming mail placed in trashcan not inbox
All of the incomming mail is placed directly into the trashcan. Before it is even read. The trash looks as if it is the inbox. ...

Cannot delete one message in Windows Mail
A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be deleted ? On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:43:18 +0100, John Kirby wrote: > A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be > deleted ? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

how to remove all mails from mailbox
I using exchange 2000, I have one mail account which is exceding a space of 2.5 gb. Is there any option in system manager from where i can delete all mail from that particular mailbox. One more question, When i delete any account from active directory,it deletes account but mail remain as it is. Thanks in advance Using Exchange 2000, you can't do that in ExSysMan. You need to use ADUs&Cs. Right click the owner's user object. Use "Exchange Tasks..." to delete the mailbox. If you wanna delete the mailbox without waiting for the retention period to expire, do the fo...

New user
We have a new user replacing an existing user (who is leaving our office). Among other things, the old user has many calendar events for her boss that needs to be transferred and synchronized to the new user. The computer is using XP and we can use the XP transfer wizzard to migrate the app's files and settings but how do you have outlook become a new user and retain all of the calendar, inbox, address book, etc. We are using Office XP and Exchange Server 2000. Any ideas? Rick ...

New Database in Storage Group question
I think I have some corruption in an exisiting database in my Storage Group. What I am doing is moving all mailboxes to a newly created database within this storage group. Is this a good thing to do? I was figuring instead of taking the corrupted database (I am getting some 1025 errors) down for 50+ hours while I run isinteg, I could just move the mailboxes to a new database. Will this work? Since I am allowed 5 databases within a storage group, what is Microsoft best practices when it comes to database size? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Best practice is to keep the size ...

Send and receive e-mail on Office Outlook 2003 vs Outlook Express
Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to be okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to Outlook Express. How can I have just one system (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003) Remove your email accounts from OE. Have you set them up in Outlook yet? "Felix Stein" <Felix Stein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8332AC71-6E21-41A8-B4EE-103FDFDDBB08@microsoft.com... > Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to > be > okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to...

Windows Mail removes attachment from one or more senders
Why does my Windows Mail on Vista remove attachments from messages from one particular sender who has a different IPS? When my server downloads messages to Windows Mail, I often get a message telling me, essentially, that "Windows Mail has removed attachment which was 'unsafe.' I can go out to the server and see the attachment, open it without any problems, but as soon as I open my Windows Mail, that same message has had the attachment removed by Windows Mail. The attachment is not removed. Access to it is blocked by your settings. If you clicked on that message...

Windows Live Mail Windows 7
How do I remove email accounts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 64 - bit? I uninstalled Windows Live mail and re-installed it and the email accounts were still there. "PRHT" <PRHT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49EE3B72-B79F-4C2B-BB3F-E4C6A8305156@microsoft.com... > How do I remove email accounts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 64 - > bit? > I uninstalled Windows Live mail and re-installed it and the email accounts > were still there. Tried Tools/Accounts/Remove? The "Complete Uninstall/Reinstall Method": h...

Earn money at Net
Completely changing your lifestyle is in no way leaving to be comfortable but we all allow the opening to earn money on the earn. It's not precisely a pipe goal in support of many frequent it has genuinely untouched each aspect of their lives. Take in support of instance the holder of 'Bankaholic' - a Wordpress blog calibrate up by a 22 time old man almost believe cards and banks - he's precisely sold it in support of $15 million and been prearranged a job to bring up to date it. It's a staggering amount in support of a wordpress blog but it shows the power of the i...

Delay in receiving SOME mail for one account
I have an exchange 2003 enterprise server with Windows 2003 enterprise server. Out of the 30 employees in the company, only ONE has a delay in receiving SOME of their e-mail (the president of the co). It seems to arrive about a week later, but if someone else in the company was CC'd on it, that other person will receive it. All the mail is filtered through Symantec Mail Security and then through the exchange server. All the appropriate ports are open. Do anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks!! How is the president's client (Outlook?) connecting? I suspect that th...

Send Mail Problem
Hi all One of our user got the below two message from postmaster, i try to disable the rule(list.dsbl.org) from the connection filtering, but the problems still exists. I search my mailserver ip on list.dsbl.org, it listed. To removal need one week. Have any faster way to fix this problems? abc@abc.com on Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:28:05 +0800 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <"Mailserver Host" #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> 1...

Undelete POP mail
I made a mistake and deleted a message by accident. My Outlook is set up to empty the Deleted Items folder on exit. I don't use an Exchange Server, but plain POP3 mail coming in from the internet. Is there any way to undelete messages after deleting them and emptying the Deleted Items folder? Thanks Como Molo <comomolo@loquecreas.com> wrote: > Is there any way to undelete messages after deleting them and > emptying the Deleted Items folder? Maybe. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Brian Tillman http://www.outlook-tips.n...

New mail in Outlook / Exchange
I have a newly built Windows 2K server with ISA 2K and Exchange 2K on the same box. First I tried using the Server Publishing Rules - Publish a Server wizard to add the Exchange server to ISA. I could recieve mail but not send. I then used the Publishing - Secure Mail Server wizard which created several IP Packet Filter rules. I can now send and recieve...but the Outlook clients will only register that new mail is there if I do something else that connects to Exchange...like create a new message or open the calendar. Even doing a manual send/recieve doesn't work. Any ideas? On Sun, 24...

New Second Mail Store
I created a new mail store so now I have 2 mailstores. I created the 2nd store so I can move mail mailboxes off the first store as I seem to have a corrupt mail store as I cannot do offline defrags etc. I created a new user today and pointed them to the new store. The user cannot read the test message I sent get error via owa HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS) But once I move this new user to the original mail store I get no errors and and read mails ok. It there a permission issue I have overlooked or some setting I need to impliment to a...

Double e-mail in Outlook
Hi, One of my users Outlook often receive the same e-mail with two copies. Does anyone get any idea on what is happening? The user is using Outlook 2002 with the latest service pack and fixes. ...

New message rule for new email account
I have added a third email account to Live Mail. I seem to be recieving messages fine. But I would like to add a message rule to file certain messages in a subfolder. And when I try to make the rule, I fail to see this new account amongst the folders available to 'move' messages to. Why is this missing? What can I do? Thank you! Is this a POP3 account? Message rules are only for POP3 accounts. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "AvrohomD" <AvrohomD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3896CE8-D25C-4949-93E2-E1FECF1D5C9B@mi...

with workbook_newsheet, how to specify all new sheets ?
This is what I am using now. but it will only use is on worksheet(2). have tried () ( ) but nothing seems to work. I would like to set the margins in all new sheets in this workbook Private Sub Workbook_NewSheet(ByVal Sh As Object) With Worksheets(2).PageSetup .LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.25) .RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.25) .TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.25) .BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.2) .HeaderMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0) .FooterMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0) End With End Su -- Message posted from http://www.Ex...

Exported new store from HQ
Hello, I setup a second store by exporting it from HQ. When I loaded the database in at my new store I was unable to log into Manager and POS. It seems the export somehow resets the password but not sure. I am running version 2.0.0116. Btw I did another export and loaded locally on my machine and couldn't access manager or POS Help! Thanks, Shawn Ezhaghi Vitet Consulting Group Ltd. 646-706-7600 xt: 101 "Not just consultants but retailers too." I had the same problem. I had to use SO administrator, and write to the database using SQL. it is normally stored as an e...

can send but not receive to Outlook however e-mail is in my hotmai
This morning opened Outlook 2003 as I always do but e-mails did not come in, even after I clicked send and receive several times. I sent test e-mail, it was sent. I checked my hotmail acct, new e-mails are there they just don't come into Outlook. I can send from Outlook, why can't I receive?? I changed NO settings. The only thing I did yesterday was delete web browse history, delete cookies, delete temp folders. I do these things ever few weeks so doubt that is the issue but who knows. Please, if anyone knows what's going on, I would be ever so appreciative for adv...

Outlook Mail Problem
I can sent emails to my sister in St. Paul, MN to her business address, but when she tries to reply to my messages she is blocked from sending them to me. I live in Tulsa, OK and this problem does NOT happen when we communicate between her home email address and mine, only when she is at work. Any ideas? It would be pure speculation if we tried to guess the cause. We would have to see a verbatim copy of the blocking notice. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Choppo56" <Choppo56@discussions.micros...

Running Rules on Sent Mail
Can't figure out how to have rules automatically scan the Sent Mail folder. Thanks for any help. tc This is Outlook 2003. "Tony Cannizzo" <tcannizzo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:SWcBj.1758$Q52.917@bignews9.bellsouth.net... > Can't figure out how to have rules automatically scan the Sent Mail > folder. > > Thanks for any help. > tc > Tony Cannizzo wrote: > Can't figure out how to have rules automatically scan the Sent Mail folder. > > Thanks for any help. > tc > > Tools-Rules and Alerts-New and under the St...

Withdraw domain name from mail address
Hi, If i have a column with mail addresses. Is it possible then to withdraw the domain name from the address to the column next to it? example: cell A1= somebody@domainname33.com, cell A2= somebody2@domainname99.com, and so on. cell B1= domainname33, cell B2= domainname99 thanks in advance! With kindest regards, Xavier Vanmeerhaeghe =LEFT(A1,FIND("@",A1)-1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k "Xavier Vanmeerhaeghe" wrote: > Hi, > > If i have a column with mail addresses. > Is it possible then to withdraw the domain name...