no notice in Inbox of new mail.

Hello,
I am new to Outlook 2010 and am still learning it's little nuances but I am
trying to figure out why I don't get a numeric indication of new mail in
some of my email accounts? Only the default mail account.   I have 4 email
accounts.  I have my default account of course and everything is fine when
receiving an email to that account.  I get a sound and then a numeric
indicator showing how many new messages there are.  I have all of the mail
accounts Inboxes in my Favorites column as well as below, but only the main
default account shows a new mail  indicator and the quantity.  The other
accounts I would have to have been lucky and heard the sound and if nothing
shows up in the mail default account, I then know I have to click on each of
the other inboxes to find out what account the new incoming email went to
and then it shows the new email there in bold text, but again, no indication
of new mail other than having to open the Inbox to that account.
Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed ?  And if so, why wouldn't
it be automatically set to show new email since wouldn't most people want a
new mail indication?
Please advise.
Thank you.

0
nospam7515 (2084)

A reboot fixed the problem but I still don't get the new mail animation that
it is supposed to do.

"DotCom2"  wrote in message news:j55k4c$qts$1@dont-email.me...

[...]

Forwarding failed mail
Maybe I'm missing something, but forwarding failed mail is a nightmare. I can either forward the NDR or the e- mail, but not both. Exchange 5.5 would have the failed mail as an attachment when you forwarded it, so the correct recipient could see it was "failed mail"?? ...

Outlook E-mail
I need BIG help. I'm trying to set-up inter-office e-mail through Outlook for a small company with only 2 computers. We have net service (DSL) and router(I think is to network the 2 compters. Right?) Can I get some help? Thank you You can also E-mail me at laboyer4@hotmail.com Does your DSL account with your ISP provide Internet e-mail addresses? laura@yourisp.com or something like that? If so just use those addresses to e-mail each other. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for ...

Outlook Inbox Access
I have a small business and my Manager, IT is leaving. He is dragging his feet on giving me access to his e-mail account, which certain clients send information too. How can I get access to his Inbox? ...

OL 2003 Leave Mail On Server option stopped working
I was successfully having my mail left on the POP3 server when suddenly this feature stopped working about 2 weeks ago and now all messages download and the server gets wiped. I have unchecked and re- checked the leave a copy of messages on the server option in a feeble attempt to reset to no avail. I have created a new test profile and it won't respect the setting there either. Any suggestions for getting this back in order? I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.8118) SP2. Thanks, Jim ...

Add new user on crm
When I Try to add a new user I got this error any help thanks [COMException (0x80041d2a)] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizUserClass.Create(CUserAuth& Caller, String User) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.SystemUser.InternalCreate(String xml) +26 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.SystemUser.InternalCreateAndRetrieve(String xml, String columnSet) +9 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.CreateAndRetrieve(String columnSet) +131 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId eventId) +286 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Ini...

Groups of mail boxes in Outlook Express
Hello! I often send similar emails to the same group of people (=the same mail boxes). How to send one message into the a few emails at one time, but previously having thrown them into the one group, so I would type not "example@example.com; example1@example.com; example2@example.com", but I would like to type one group of emails: "EXAMBLE GROUP". Is it possible to do it in Win XP Home Edition Outlook Express? If so how? Thank you in advance for help M. Open Tools, Address Book, then click New, New Group... Add the individuals to the group then send to the group ...

Error: 0x800c0131 and Deleted InBox
I have been having the following error from Outlook Express for about 4 months and have not gotten to fix it (This basically doesn't let me send e-mails or receive e- mails once I am on my computer for 5 minutes. I have to always shut down my computer and restart): Unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure: No [SSL] Error: 0x800c0131 However, I just looked at the code number above (0x800c0131) and believe I fixed the issue with the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;233264 I basically had to do the following: 1---Click S...

SendObject command doesn't automatically send e-mail
In Access 2002-2003, even though I set "edit e-mail" to false, the message is still opening in a new window (which requires that I click on send) rather than automatically sending the e-mail. Since I will be sending several dozen e-mails, it would not work to have to click on each message to send it. Thanks! Jerry Try this: http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ I've used it; works great! -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Jerry Schiffelbein" wrote: > In Access...

WTF?? I can't move my mail from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2007?
I bought a new computer. It came with Vista and Windows Mail. Got my mail and addresses etc, imported into it just fine. Upgraded the computer to Windows 7. No more Windows Mail. Downloaded Windows Live Mail which I have been using for a few months. Way to stupid of a program, so I bought Outlook 2007 so I could get back to a real piece of software. It found my OLD Windows Mail stuff and imported it all just fine, but all the emails I have gotten since in Windows Live Mail it can't import. It's all just a bunch of .eml files I finally found on my computer. Ho...

Deleting e mail
I have approx 2K e mails in my deleted folder I have been searching MS DB and still cannot find how to delete Are there insrucrtions available and where might I find them Thankyou "belto" <belto@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:FTmuj.121580$3m6.112@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... >I have approx 2K e mails in my deleted folder > I have been searching MS DB and still cannot find how to delete > Are there insrucrtions available and where might I find them > Thankyou > Try right-clicking on your Deleted items folder..... "belto" <belto@b...

OWA & New ActiveX Click to activate.
In OWA on Exchange 2003, when you compose a new message or reply to an email the Body is an activeX control. I do not want my users to have to click to activate the message body so they can type their email. With the changes to ActiveX controls is there a work around or upgrade to OWA so this is no longer an issue? On Wed, 3 May 2006 12:28:01 -0700, John Newton <JohnNewton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In OWA on Exchange 2003, when you compose a new message or reply to an email >the Body is an activeX control. I do not want my users to have to click to >activate th...

OWA: Inbox Messages Hidden
We have one user whose messages do not display in their OWA inbox. When a message arrives it is visible once read it no longer displays. All of their other email folders work properly and if using O2k3 all the email displays normally. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas of a cause? Thanks Matthew Loraditch "Matthew Loraditch" <mloradites AT Yahoo DOT Com> wrote in message news:u6TtqFUEGHA.268@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We have one user whose messages do not display in their OWA inbox. When a > message arrives it is visible once read it no longer displays. All of ...

multi-thread new/delete object
I have a class include some members with types like CString, UINT, BOOL. I new it in Thread A, while delete it in Thread B. Currently there's no problem. Can any expert tell me it is really OK? Sam Shi wrote: > I have a class include some members with types like CString, UINT, BOOL. I > new it in Thread A, while delete it in Thread B. Currently there's no > problem. Can any expert tell me it is really OK? > > Yes, it is really OK. The heap manager is thread safe. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] The term thread-safe is used when a code section can be acc...

Lost e-mails using outlook express
I'm using a computer which is connected to a network. I lost my e-mails on one particular computer and then i'm unable to access the lost e-mails from neither the same computer or the other computers which are sharing my profile. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.as...

deliver mails to a specific account
Hi, I am working on outlook 2003, I have 2 profiles, I want to deliver all new mail to the inbox for 1 profile and for the second profile I want to deliver all new mail to a personal folder. How can I do it? Thanks use rules to control where the mail goes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to E...

wm5 won't download new messages from exchange activesync
I have 3 new windows mobile 5 phones (not smartphones) and all messages download as expected when the user has outlook 2003 up and running. however when no instance of outlook is running the device will sync with the server and see there are new messages, but won't doesn't download them. When I enable verbose logging on activesync the only difference between outlook open and not is the final server response. When outlook is open and running the server includes new messages in the response and when outlook is closed the message ends after <status>1</status> and no commands ...

Exchange mail box
I am trying to use exmerge to archive a mail box, but when ever I try I get the following error message: Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile). Dose anyone know how i can go about fixing this problem. I also have tried to open the box but I am unable to do that also it tells me that the exchange server cannot be contacted. what version Exchange? "Takia" <Takia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A011382-D8D3-4824-9BE2-3189A872B811@microsoft.com... > I am trying to use exmerge to archive...

Junk e-mail folder
I recently went from XP (Outlook Express) to Windows 7 (Windows Live Mail), so the "Junk e-mail" feature is new to me. In the Live Mail safety options, I am considering checking the box to "Report junk e-mail to Microsoft and its partners (recommended)" but I have a question first. If I check that box, does an incoming e-mail immediately sent to the Junk e-mail folder automatically get reported to Microsoft, or do I need to manually mark that e-mail as junk before it gets reported? The help file in Windows Live Mail doesn't address that specifically. I'...

And new Pay Rates
I have a spreadsheet that calculates employees time. I input the employees code in column C fields and hours in column D fields and it gives me there pay totals. When I input a the employees code the rate that conincides with that code automatically pops up in column F. I can change the amount of the rate that comes up by going to another sheet in that workbook titled "Parameters" and changing the dollar amounts on htat sheet. However if I try to add a new code and payrate to the sheet it does not recognize it on the Time Entry sheet. It comes up #N/A. There is also som...

New Essayt: The MessageBox Explorer
In working on a project dealing with MessageBox calls, I decided I needed a way to see all the possible options and study their effects. The result (still under construction, but usable in its current form) is the MessageBox Explorer http://www.flounder.com/messagebox_explorer.htm This will answer most of your questions about AfxMessageBox, CWnd::MessageBox, ::MessageBox and ::MessageBoxIndirect, and actually generates the code you need to include in your project to generate the effects you see. joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP ...

save e-mails for reinstall
I am going to have reinstall win xp. I want to save all my e-mails in Outlook 2002. I have saved all my settings with the transfer tool in xp but did not want to save all files and settings, and it is a little confusing for me to look at the custom transfer tool. Is there a way to save everything in Outlook 2002? Thanks Sammy Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 A...

Mailing Labels
When using the "Print labels by using Excel data in a Word mail merge" instructions, at step 8, I get a msg - "Word was unable to open the data source." Hi Mary, Move the worksheet tab with your Excel data to the first worksheet tab position. Hold Ctrl and drag the tab to the first position. Mail Merge, Printing Labels using Mail Merge with data from Excel http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: ...

Unable to display Inbox folder
Hi I'd appreciate any help on the above. When opening my Outlook the following appears in the Inbox; "unable to display inbox folder. error has been detected in the file c\windows\local settings\application data\Microsoft outlook\outlook.pst. Quit all mail enabled applications and then use the inbox repair tool." I have tried "detect and repair", "Scan disk" and i have even uninstalled and reinstalled the whole office 2000 package but to no avail. I have had a problem in the past sending attachments while using the "rich text". Have I...

Authentication for a dynamic IP mail server
Non profit org needs to send about 500 newsletters weekly. over 30% get rejected. We beleive it is a false spam flag doing this. Our mailserver is shared with a few others and resides on a dynamic IP. Can we get authentication like spf for our outgoing mail list. regards\ CG On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:48:47 -0600, "NewsGr" <Ciava@nospam.net> wrote: >Non profit org needs to send about 500 newsletters weekly. over 30% get >rejected. We beleive it is a false spam flag doing this. >Our mailserver is shared with a few others and resides on a dynamic IP. >Can...

Preview .msg e-mail file in explorer
Hello, Does somebody know if there is a way (or a software) to preview - e-mails saved as files with the extension .msg by Microsoft Outlook - inside Windows Explorer (or a similar file browser?) Thanks in advance pascalv@sdf.lonestar.org <pascalv@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote: > Does somebody know if there is a way (or a software) to preview > > - e-mails saved as files with the extension .msg by Microsoft Outlook > > - inside Windows Explorer (or a similar file browser?) Only Outlook can open a .msg file and make sense of it, although using Notepad will show much of i...