No menu bars appear on newly installed Outlook 2003 (PST file)

I just built up a new system (Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 Pro) and
move my Outlook.pst file over from my old system.  Since I had Norton
Internet Security 2005 installed, the anti-spam toolbar was displayed.

However, after only a few hours of usage, the menu bars are not
working properly:

1. When I start up Outlook and mail is displayed, there are no menu
bars displayed.  None.

2. If I go to the lower left corner navigation bar and select mail and
Open in New Window, the standard and formatting menu bars are
displayed.  But the Norton Anti-Spam bar does not display.

3. When I open an individual entry in the Contact folder, and then I
click on the Reminder flag for an item that already has a reminder,
nothing happens.

My PST file is about 600 MB.  I did not have these problems on my old
system, which runs Windows XP SP 1 (not 2 yet) and Office 2003.

I checked the MS Knowledge Base, but there are no entries that are
even close to this problem.

Thanks in advance.

I Live On Outlook

I live on Quicken and Outlook <Private@privacy.org> wrote:

> I just built up a new system (Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 Pro) and
> move my Outlook.pst file over from my old system.  Since I had Norton
> Internet Security 2005 installed, the anti-spam toolbar was displayed.

Did you install Outlook or NIS first?  If you installed NIS first, uninstall
it, see if Outlook works properly, then reinstall NIS.  I've read reports
that indicate NIS and Outlook don't play well together unless NIS is
installed after Outlook (and sometimes not even then, but that's another
story).
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

MS Money 95 data files

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Addressing within Exchange 2003

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Displaying property menu at runtime
Hello, Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so that the user may interact with the control? In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after right clicking on the control) Thanks Avi "avi" <aviben@bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message news:e2fc8178-471a-48b1-9671-fc81ca23c912@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so > that the user may interact with the control? > ...

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

cant start outlook pst file to large

Where is the workspace file stored?