no content in the email body

Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the
content is
in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad.

There is no content in the email body.

0
no (445)

no (445)
11/6/2003 8:59:28 PM
"stephen" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:<#TKSQf$oDHA.2776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the
> content is
> in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad.
>
> There is no content in the email body.

I've seen this before with an Outlook 2000 client. Couldn't find a way
to fix it, and from reading newsgroups there didn't seem to be a way
to fix it.

Luckily every time the problem has come up, it's gone away again in a
day or so. Just randomly comes and goes.

Try to reboot, maybe you'll get lucky. Anyone know why this happens?

-Ian Neubert
0
ian8996 (1)

Removing an email from a queue without deleting email from CRM
Hi, Say I get an email into my personal mailbox and decide to track it in CRM (3.0). This email then appears in the Assigned queue in My Workplace. I can then accept it and it moves to in progress. Fine so far. But what happens when I've dealt with it and I need to get it out of the queue? I may not want to convert it to an opportunity, but I still need it to be in the history of the Account to which I've related it to. As far as I can make out, if I delete it, it stays in my personal inbox but disappears from the History in CRM. Other CRM packages have a "file it" op...

Email Templates 10-19-06
My E-Mail templates are missing ...after I Revert it to Personal Template's Anyone Knows Why ? ...

Outlook, programmatically moving emails between PST files
Hello, not sure this is the best group to ask this question, but there seems not to be a group dealing with vc++ and Office apps. Questions is in the subject line. What is the worklflow, what do I need to do to extract emails from one PST file and insert it into another PST file? Thank you much for any help or pointers. Uwe ...

How can I print email without the date on the header and footer?
Already disabled the text in header and footer of outlook and IE. Thanks You can't, not using outlook's printing capabilities. see if http://www.outlookprinter.com/ does what you need. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to ...

Outlook Express limiting number of emails?
I seem to be having the same problem as a number of others. Outlook express is limiting how many emails I can send at one time. It is actually only letting me send 1 or 2 at a time. I have been working with my ISP provider thinking it was them but it appears this is a common theme as of late. I typically send "bulk" emails from ACT and until this week have never had a problem. Can anyone help? Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar n...

Outlook 2007 NOT sending emails
The emails I am sending are showing as sent but are not being sent. The problem just started today. I can receive email but I cannot send email. I use a Pop3 account and have never had any problems until I bought a new laptop last week! I used Outlook problem free for an entire week! PLEASE HELP! - yes I have validated the addreses - yes I can send email via my web mail - yes I ran repair on Outlook itself. Ray in Atlanta When trying to send do you get any error messages about connecting to your pop server ? I had a similar prob the other day after a fresh install and windows update, ...

Why can't I receive emails?
I am setting up a new computer and am now using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP. I am using an account that has been working fine on Outlook Express, but having read previous correspondence, have deleted that account fom outlook express.The tests say it's working fine but I don't get the test email. I presume it's going somewhere - but where?! Can anyone help? Zoe--I am having the exact same problem. Will be curious to hear what the solution is. Gerry "Zoe" wrote: > I am setting up a new computer and am now using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP. > I am using ...

Is there a mail limitation when sending a bulk email message
Hi all, I posted this message quite some time ago but didn't receive a reply so I'm re-posting in the hope there may be some newbies who have come across a similar issue. I send a bulk email message every few months to ~11,000 contacts. There seems to be a limit as I have to send them in batches of say 1,500 in order to get all the mail out. I've tried to send them all at once and I thought at first that it worked, but when I went to check the contact activity history, nothing was logged. Any clues? I know it could be a mail server issue but I've spoken to our IT pe...

Users received the email 4 times
Hi! When i send email to all of the recepients they received my mail 4 times, I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and I can't understand why they received my email 4 times but in my sent items I only send it once. Why is that? Please advice and thanks in advanced Fireblade ...

Windows Live Email
I have Windows Live - not Hotmail........................................................ How do I stop automatic forwarding of email to another email address? I set it up to forward but am unable to even find out how I did it, never mind stop it! Driving me crazy! Thanks all Alt + T, Message rules, Mail, remove the rule. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "carl.lamb1" <carl.lamb1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F23DEEA4-2059-47A0-8128-2685E6AC812F@microsoft.com... > I have Windows Live - not > Hotmail...............................

Email does't show in Inbox until you click Delete box
Yes this sounds strange, but I have a few users that their NEW emails do not automatically show up in their INBOX until they physically click on their DELETED box. Then all their new emails appear in the INBOX. Anyone see this before? Any suggestions? Thanks, SR Shaena <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes this sounds strange, but I have a few users that > their NEW emails do not automatically show up in their > INBOX until they physically click on their DELETED box. > Then all their new emails appear in the INBOX. Search Microsoft's Knowledgebase ...

Error Promoting Emails within MS CRM
Good Morning, Our end users are experiencing a sporadic error when trying to track emails within CRM. The error message received is as follows: An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. I have checked that users are using the required version of Outlook and that users have the necessary permissions – Any ideas what maybe causing this problem? Thanks in advance Iain Hi Iain, does the email that failed to get promoted have embedded "unresolved' (i.e. with a red cross) graphics, by any chance? If yes then this problem has already been discussed here: http://g...

CRM EMAIL
Does anyone else find it silly that CSRs are having to copy/paste email message body from another application because MS has not included a spell checker in the CRM Email? Has anyone heard that MS will be updating CRM? The Email client in CRM does not provide 1/3rd of the functionality that Outlook offers. Thank you for any information. Hey - If you are creating the e-mail using the CRM E-Mail button in the Sales Outlook client, you can choose under Tools the Spelling option or hit F7 to have your spelling checked. Thanks, Annie >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone else fin...

Access quey result (emails) directly loaded into Outlook "TO" fiel
Hi, I have an Access db that contains email addresses. What I would like to do is that when I run a query and get a list of addresses. The resulting email addresses can be loaded directly into Outlook "Send To" field by pressing a button. Can someone let me know how this can be done, thanks. Regards, MSA Iterate the query results and build a string of addresses separated by = semicolons, then assign that string to the To property of the message.=20 However: if you create an send a message like that, you're violating the = privacy of those people by revealing their email a...

Adding Disclaimer to outgoing email on Exchange 2003
I had a disclaimer for all outgoing emails on my Exchange 5.5 server but I'm not sure if I should use it with Exchange 2003. I believe a file called imsext.dll was what I used for Exchange 5.5. Thanks, Rafael http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q317680 "Rafael" <rafael1119@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eHR0PwP5DHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I had a disclaimer for all outgoing emails on my Exchange 5.5 server but I'm > not sure if I should use it with Exchange 2003. > > I believe a file called imsext.dll was what I used for ...

Outlook Email Contacts
Exported and imported mail from 5.5 to 2k3. Outlook 2002 shows internet email contacts' addresses as someone@somewhere.com. User likes to see qualified (underlined) names in the to: line when creating mail. Is there a way to change this behaviour for this use, or even globally? Thanks! /john john schlichting <blackhole4spam@cox.net> wrote: > Exported and imported mail from 5.5 to 2k3. Outlook 2002 > shows internet email contacts' addresses as > someone@somewhere.com. User likes to see qualified > (underlined) names in the to: line w...

distribution lists and email
Can anyone tell me how I send an email to a distribution list in outlook 2002 - the help instructions seem to be inaccurate. they say to chose item from the insert menu - however that is not a choice that appears on the insert menu?? Thanks Rory Create the distribution list. When you address the new message, click on the To: field, browse to the DL name, and you're good to go. Note - everyone will be able to see all the other DL members, so a better option is to put the DL in the BCC field (blind carbon copy) and put your own address in the TO field. Most people will appreciate i...

Using VBA to load the CC line on an Outlook email
Can someone please help me in loading the CC line in an email from VBA in Access? I have the following for the "To" line that works fine. Is there an equivalent statement to load the CC? Dim olRecipient As Recipient strEmailRecipient = "someone@someplace.com" Set olRecipient = olMessage.Recipients.Add(strEmailRecipient) Thanks in advance -- Glenn Set olRecipient = olMessage.Recipients.Add(strEmailRecipient) olRecipient.Type = olCC ' or olTo or olBCC -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Out...

how do i change text sizes for incoming messages when email is ope
when i open an email coming in the text size for some reason has suddenly reduced to about 6 - 8 pt from the original 2 days ago of 10 pt. using text size button has no effect - it seems to be non operational Formatting columns or rows only changes the font size for the view pane On reply or forwarding of email the font size if the original message changes back to 10 point Did you zoom? Hold ctrl as you scroll the mouse wheel or click the zoom button in Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions ...

Email
How to I display only the Group Name (Distribution List name) in the "To" box when I send email? I'm using Outlook 2000. I've already gone to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;Q266339 After 2 hours of trying to follow the instructions, it's not working. There seems to be a discrepancy regarding Steps 3 and 5. "It's not working?" Provide precise details as to why and how it's not working. Works here. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Aliq62" <usacc@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1fdb001c458ba$e111ad90...

Need help with email/ categories & forwarding with attachments
Re: Outlook 2002 1) When sending email to one or more categories - Is there a way to automatically insert the email addresses into the Bcc field instead of the To: field? This is the cumbersome way I do it now: I select one or more categories that I want to send the message to. Then choose Action / New Message. The addresses automatically go to the To: field. Since I don't want everyone to see the addresses I have to select / cut / paste the addresses into the Bcc: field. I keep only one inhouse address in the To: field. This is is a very cumbersome way to do it. Is there...

Content-Type for encapsulated emails ?
I need to encapsulate, to wrap the email (Email1) into email2. Email1 is base64-encoded. Which Content-Type...do I need to provide so that double-click on the attachment will make the Outlook/Outlook Express open the attachment as email in separate email ? Is this good : Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name=email ? Do I need to make filename extension .eml ? Yakov "Yakov" wrote in message news:1185804075.830596.127500@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > I need to encapsulate, to wrap the email (Email1) into email2. > > Email1 is base64-encoded. Which ...

See the block email !
Hello ! I have some blocked email that wait a smtp connection. Is it possible to show them ? From's field, To's field and the body's field ??? Thanks for helping me .. If using Exchange 5.5 open files in IMCDATA\OUT with notepad. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > Hello ! > I have some blocked email that wait a smtp connection. Is it possible to > show them ? From's field, To's field and the body's field ??? > > Thanks for helping me .. ...

Remove text from emails automatically
Hello there I have to print-out a lot of automated emails which are all in the same format, which have a lot of unnecessary text in them. Every email takes 1.5 A4 pages at normal settings. I have reduced the text and margin size as much as possible. This has made some improvement. My other idea is to do a "Find and Replace" on the text and get rid of some of the unnecessary text. What I'd like to know is if it's possible to do the following: 1. Email arrives and is moved to a folder with a normal rule 2. When the email arrives in that folder a new one is created with all ...

verify that an email was read without using a receipt
I'm trying to check to see if there is away that a message was read by the receiver that did not send a read receipt. In news:20181391-62B0-4CFD-95D6-C2323D435B06@microsoft.com, RCNellis <RCNellis@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I'm trying to check to see if there is away that a message was read > by the receiver that did not send a read receipt. Ask them, or see whether they did the thing that you asked them to do in the message you sent. :) ...