NK2 files

Article Q287623 asks us to clear the NK2 files on the
system to get my automatic address completion to work. I
have searched and searched (with display hidden files
option turned on) and am unable to find any *.NK2 files
on the system.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

This may be a dumb question, but you are using Outlook 2002, correct?

Do you have the option to suggest names while completing... checked in Tools

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Ramesh Krishnan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Article Q287623 asks us to clear the NK2 files on the
> system to get my automatic address completion to work. I
> have searched and searched (with display hidden files
> option turned on) and am unable to find any *.NK2 files
> on the system.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0
patrickareed (498)

show ink on an excel file.
How do I show ink on an excel file? It is not highlighted. ?? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EC6D02F-17B1-441D-B877-4B10C502C147@microsoft.com... > How do I show ink on an excel file? It is not highlighted. On Dec 4, 2:25=A0pm, "Don Guillett" <dguille...@austin.rr.com> wrote: > ?? > > -- > Don Guillett > Microsoft MVP Excel > SalesAid Software > dguille...@austin.rr.com"Jean" <J...@discussi...

Open a .wdb file?
How do I open a Works .wdb file in Offcie 2010? The easiest way would be to get someone with Works installed on their system to save it as a .csv file. What have you tried so far? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Pauldk" <Pauldk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82A2F712-302D-418B-97C2-E6C52E1D9B13@microsoft.com... > How do I open a Works .wdb file in Offcie 2010? On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 09:15:22 -0700, Pauldk wrote: > How do I open a Works .wdb file in O...

Refresh Excel file
After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were working on or does it go back to the first record of the file? This doesn't seem like an Excel question. Maybe you could explain what you're trying to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "excel dummy" <excel dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3007EE5-7CC7-45F7-B6E0-BCAB71199012@microsoft.com... | After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were | working on or does it go back to the first record of the file? ...

Getting Could Not Lock File error message
I have a single user who is getting 'Could Not Lock File' error mesage when they open a specific Access 2003 database. The user is running Access 2007. I checked permissions on the folder where the database lives and on the datbase itself. The user has write permissions, their permissions match other users who can open the database. I tested this by having the user create a text file in that folder, they can create a file. I copied the database to the same folder and the user can open that copy. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Hi Rick, Do any other users ...

Outlook blocked access to a potentially harmful file
Trying to receive an attachment from a safe source and Outlook 2000 gives the message "Outlook blocked access to a potentially harmful file" How can I tell Outlook to let the attachment through? Try Sue Mosher's Slipstick site for a solution: Opening .exe Attachments with the Outlook http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "jeanagage@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c6101c3afda$f26da870$a001280a@phx.gbl... Trying to receive an attachment from a safe source and Outlook 2...

Transferring PST file to a new computer gives an error
I use outlook 2003 and want to transfer my outlook.pst file to my new computer (also outlook 2003). I tried importing two different ways (1) file > Open > outlook data file and (2) File > import and export > import from another program or file > Personal folder file. Both give this error. The file C:\outlook.pst is not compatable with this version fo the personal folders information service. Contact your administrator. I also tried creating a new outlook file which is unicode compatible. I still get the same error. Any ideas on how to resolve this. Thanks in advance. ...

Backup on file close
Is there any way to make Publisher create a backup copy of a file as you close it after making changes to a publication. I sometimes forget to 'save as' when I have revised a publication so when I close the orginal - which I intended to keep - it gets overwritten. I know it asks if you want to save changes, but I forget that I haven't actually 'saved as' under a new name! Word creates backups - for which I am grateful as I can then open them and re-save. I would suggest doing a Save As when you first start on your revisions rather than at the end. That way it&#...

PC-created files used on a Mac
Hi all, I have created a number of files that have proven problematic for one of my end-users. In particular, drop lists using Data Validation disappear. Any clues? What version of MacXL? MacXL98, 2001, v.X and 2004 all use exactly the same file format as WinXL 97/00/02/03. All those versions of MacXL handle Data Validation drop down lists, so you'll need to provide more information about the validation... In article <6DF4FCA7-78CA-4DE4-AD4E-D37002C80B82@microsoft.com>, "JEFF" <JEFF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a number of files...

Have free download for Excel for viewing files only.
I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have Excel. PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation. If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet sent to them for free. If that person wanted to make any changes to the file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel. You can download XL viewer from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN Watch for text wrap, Regards, "CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.co...

parsing and importing a text file with records through a VBA macro
Hi all, I'm really stuck in a problem in parsing and importing a text file into an Excel sheet with a VBA macro. I strongly need to do it by a VBA macro in order to postprocess the resulting data through Excel. I searched a lot into the network and I found something useful but I can't achieve the final solution actually. Can you help me please? Your help is really appreciated. My text file is containing several records formatted like this: REC1_FIELD1 REC1_FIELD2 REC1_FIELD3 REC1_FIELD4 REC1_FIELD5 REC1_FIELD6 REC2_FIELD1 REC2_FIELD2 REC2_FIELD3 REC2_FIELD4 R...

Macro to select files with specific dates from a folder
I would appreciate your help to create a macro. I have a folder with a particular date say Aug 2006 and it contains various files with specific dates say 1st August, 2nd August etc and some with different date format. The macro should pick up only those files with dates 1st August, 2nd August and NOT select the files with the different date format and deposit these selected files into a new folder named Aug 2007. I want to make the macro code as generic as possible. Thanks, Amit Check out this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/folder.htm See the macro Copy_Files_Dates -- Regards Ron de Br...

Corrupted msn file?
My main Money file will not open and seems to be corrupted. It says that the password is not recognized - although it is correct. I tried to run salv.exe but it tells me the same thing - password not regognized.If I run Standrad repair inside of Money (I first opened a test file) - it says that it "the utility cannot repair the file". Any other suggestions? My backup file is at home and I am out if town for another week. Steve In microsoft.public.money, SteveH9034 wrote: >My main Money file will not open and seems to be corrupted. It says that the >password is not rec...

Couldn't find my .aspx file
Hi There, I have developed a .aspx page in sharepoint designer which has link like this:http://ServerName:8080/AccessForms/Entry_Form.aspx I have access to server(ServerName) but I am not able to find this file (Entry_Form.aspx) anywhere on 'ServerName'. I have gone through each and every directory on server but couldn't find it. Your help will be highly appreciated. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice No-SOAP, No-Webservice WSE Xml Signature http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fb38417b-77c0-4f9b-901a-bc2341bc3a08/nosoap-nowebser...

How do I change a file from read-only?
I have a publisher file that is read-only. I am the author, but I can't figure out how to change it so that I can change the document. I have gone under the properties tab but I can't access the attributes. TracyH <TracyH@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a publisher file that is read-only. I am the author, but I > can't figure out how to change it so that I can change the document. > I have gone under the properties tab but I can't access the > attributes. Is the file on a CD? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publishe...

Import CSV file contacts into ACtive Directory
OK.. so I have been fighting to get this working and I am still unable to get the file working. I have read all instructions I can find on CSVDE and cannot get how to fix this. I am trying to import all contacts from our former webmail to Exchange 03. I have the file, but when I go to import it, I get this log Connecting to "(null)" > Logging in as current user using SSPI > Importing directory from file "c:\csvde.txt" > objectClass Attribute not defined > 0 entries modified successfully. > An error has occurred in the program Anyone know how I can fix th...

application.getopenfilename to open a file saved on a server
How do I set the current drive if I wish to us application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I wish to vie is on a server -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ChDrive "C:\" -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dovrox >" <<dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I set the current drive if I wish to use > application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I w...

Spelling file
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Help! This Urgent. I'm using PowerPoint 2004 on my MacBook Pro. I have 2008, but deliberately loaded only Entourage 2008 because I detest the way spellchecking works in PowerPoint 2008 (there is a terrible failure which has been noted by others in the forum). For the rest, I use my 2004 because I need visual basic and I think it is much faster to load etc.. Anyway, the problem is this: every time I try to spellcheck my current PowerPoint doc, the window comes up saying"PowerPoint couldn't find the spelli...

Can't create file: FAX.TIF
I keep getting this error message when I try to open faxes that come down over our server. Here is the entire message. Can't create file: FAX.TIF. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. I have checked the properties for the Inbox and for the Office Document Imaging and all of that is fine. We were able to open faxes fine, then one day a Smiley bar appeared in Outlook and then we were not able to open the faxes anymore. Also, I have removed Outlook and reinstalled. I hav...

How do I get picture files into Excel and complete mail/catalog me
I have set up my Excel database with "Name field" and "Picture field" but cannot get the picture to show up in MSPub 2003 publication. I typed the path to the picture in the "picture field" and when I "view results" or "complete the merge" ... the "path" is all that shows where the image should be. What am I doing wrong? Robert <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have set up my Excel database with "Name field" and "Picture field" > but cannot get the pictur...

Debug Assertion Failed Message in afx.inl at line122 & afshtml.inl file at line 57
Hi, I am getting some Debug Assertion Failed in afx.inl at line 122 and in afxhtml.inl at line 57 Messages on PCs. If i do "Rebuild all" again on my PC then the code starts working. But it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afx.inl file at line 122" on other PC. And if i do "Rebuild All" on that second PC then it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afxhtml.inl file at line 57" on my PC. It is a debug build. If i take the exe and create a installer then also the installer works on many PCs but gives the message of afx.inl file. The afx.inl li...

Attach file in header
MS Access 2007. I am having users enter and update data in a split form. I would like to put an Excel Workbook file as an attachment that can be downloaded by users (so that they could populate that template with many rows of data instead of manually entering on Access form). I put an attachment field in the header and attached the file, but that only "stuck" on the record that I was on at the time. How can I make an external file always available for download? ...

Converting Publisher Files to PDF Format
When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a message that says "The size of the paper you have chosen is too small to show the printer markings", but when my commercial printing guy takes my same Publisher files and converts them, it works. What am I doing wrong. I've already talked to Adobe and they think that my Acrobat Distiller is set up properly. I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, Windows XP Professional, Publisher 2003 and an IBM desktop with 260 gigabytes of memory ediejensen wrote: > When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a mess...

Enumerate open file handles of a process
Hello, Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a process. My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and if it acquires a handle to a particular file, I want to close that handle from my monitoring application. Thanks. Get Nebbitt's "Undocumented Windows 2000 API" joe On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:27:37 -0700, RedHawk <rajbhumagani@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a >process. >My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and i...

Detecting Overwrite of BackEnd data file.
I am concerned about a malicious user Over-Writting the current BackEnd datafile with an old BackEnd datafile! I'm looking for suggestions for detecting this condition with code. ThankYou Greg "GregR5" <ApexData@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177189372.931538.222290@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... >I am concerned about a malicious user Over-Writting the current > BackEnd datafile with an old BackEnd datafile! I'm looking for > suggestions for detecting this condition with code. > > ThankYou > Greg > Greg, Prevention is better than cure - ...

Size of files allowed with Outlook 2003
I am having trouble sending large attachments through outlook 2003. Is there a limit to the size you can send. I have one with about 24mb of info. It is stuck in the outbox. I saw how to go offline and delete it but I really don't want to because I scanned it all and don't want to do it again. How can I get this file to go through? Thank you. Pearl King Windows XP, Outlook 2003 Outlook is not in play here. Your mail provider is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eCH%23qfpSJHA.5268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... &g...