newsgroup folder

When I click "news" in OL 2003
it opens folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033"
instead of the newsreader
anyone knows how to fix it?
Thanks

"Lam" <sky_walkman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I click "news" in OL 2003
> it opens folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033"
> instead of the newsreader
> anyone knows how to fix it?
> Thanks

I have the same problem, and I know of one other guy that has it too. He
claims that it has something to do which email client is chosen as the
default. But I haven't been able to find the relation.

Regards

Martin

0
msie02 (1)

Empty Junk E-mail folder
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 and noticed that I can only 'Empty Junk E-mail folder' by right-clicking the folder. There is no such choice in any of the menus (i.e. File, View, Edit, Tools, etc.) Sometimes it's inconvenient for me because it's quicker if I can stick with keyboard all along. Cheers, Saigon Tuna Agreed that the options to purge the folder is few and far between. However you might find it convienant to setup Outlook's auto-archive options to permantely delete items after so many days. "saigontuna" <saigontuna@yahoo.com.hk> wrote...

Spam folder was deleted
I have a user who accidently deleted her spam folder in Outlook 2003. Is there any way to recreate it? Rose Milligan <name@email.com> wrote: > I have a user who accidently deleted her spam folder in Outlook 2003. > Is there any way to recreate it? Try starting Outlook once with the /resetfolders command line switch. -- Brian Tillman Will she lose any of her other folders if I do that? "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:unFgSHg$GHA.4604@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Rose Milligan <name@email.com> wrote: > >> I hav...

public folders vs newsgroups
any good links out there describing the pro's and cons of each? what features does one have that the other hasn't? Are they comparable? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:34:36 -0400, "wehrgasm" <no1@hotmail.com> wrote: >any good links out there describing the pro's and cons of each? what >features does one have that the other hasn't? > ...

Open an Outlook folder when a user clicks on a command button ...
Looking for a way to open a specific Outlook folder when a user clicks on a command button in Excel. If Outlook is not currently running, I also need the code to launch Outlook and then go to the specified folder. Is this possible? Anyone any ideas please? Many thanks for your time. Rob. Here is a sample that would open the Contacts folder. After opening the VBE editor, you would set a reference to Microsoft Outlook nn Object Library (in my case, nn is 11.0). Then the following routine would display the Contacts folder. Sub ShowContacts() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olNS A...

Public Folder Contact Problem #3
I am running exchange 5.5 sp4. I have a couple of public folders used for maintaining contacts. We use one folder called "recruiting" for maintaining job applicants and their information. We have another folder called "employees" which have our employees in them. The idea here is that we add the job applicant, and then at the bottom of the contact, in the contacts section, we add the person who is going to interview them. If I open a recruiting contact, and at the bottom of the contact, where it says "Contacts", add an employee from the "employee&qu...

Change folder for outlook.pst?
Is it allowed to change the folder in which outlook.pst is located? What is the best way to do that? Thanks. Hi, delete (or move) the existing one and start Outlook. You will be asked for the location (and name) of your pst file. Regards, Christoph Guentner "Bob S" <BobS@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OM06IS81DHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it allowed to change the folder in which outlook.pst is located? What is > the best way to do that? Thanks. > > "Bob S" <BobS@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OM06IS81DHA.1660@TK2MSFT...

Need help with definitive answer (restricting access to a public folder)
Hi, all! Using Exchange 2k3 on back end, with OWA client (soon to be Outlook 2k3, but not for a month). Workstations are XP/Pro (latest everything). Current system is Groupwise 6.0.3, and we're migrating users over to Exchange 2k3. OK, here's the deal: one of our users has a series of GW folders (email) that are shared with a couple other users. We are going to be migrating all of the GW accounts over to Exchange over the next few weeks, and until ALL of the users are migrated and we can then get the workstation into the domain, they'll be using OWA to access their Exc...

How to delete Personal Folder
I inadvertently backed up my Outlook Personal Folder to the same file location and thereby created a duplicate in my Outlook. How do I delete that extra Personal Folder? The Help instructions said to go to File, Folder, and click delete folder. There is no Delete under my File, Folder tab. Please help! If the Folder List is not visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List to open it. Right-click the root folder of the unwanted set of Personal Folders in the Folder List, then select Close from the popup menu. Does that take care of it? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messag...

Lost "Unread" Search Folder
My Unread folder dissappeared. How do I recreate that search folder? Much thanks. Right click the topmost search folder->New. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Beach Runner asked: | My Unread folder dissappeared. | How do I recreate that search folder? | Much thanks. ...

Include contacts stored in a public folder in global address list
Installation: Exchange Server 2003 SP1 running on Windows 2003 Current situation: From within Outlook we created a public folder for contact items to store common contacts. We called this public folder "Global Contacts". All users added this folder to their public folder favorites, made it offline available and set this folder as standard address list in the address book. Problem: This works fine for Outlook but does not help for Outlook Web Access (OWA). You can see the contacts in the public folder, but when you search for a receipient those contacts are not included. Que...

How to delete a dupe archive folder
Windows XP Pro with all the updates and Office 2003.... we are having a situation where an staff member has 2 Archive Folders. One of them seems to be useless and we would like to delete it however we have been unable. . Trying to close or delete we get the error: "Microsoft Office Outlook: The set of folders could not be opened." There is a Help >> button. Clicking on it it says: "This error usually appears if the OST or PST file you are using is: - Unavailable - Protected with file permissions - On a share on a server and the network is down - Corrupt To correct this...

Personal Folder question
I use outlook at work and would like to keep a copy of my emails at home. The copy at home would just be for offline reading, I do not want to be connected to work. I went to my local settings->application data->microsoft->outlook folder, and copied the three files to my home computer: outlook.ost - 70 megs archive.pst - 7 megs Company-outlook.ost - 100 megs Why are there 3 files and whats the differences between them? I went into Outlook and choose 'Open Folder' but it only gave me the option to open a .pst file, and I opened the archive.pst file, and there was only my &#...

How to remove pesky folder?
Running OL2003, I've removed an IMAP mail account via the Tools/Email Accounts procedure, but the high-level IMAP account folder remains under my "All Mail Folders"/"Personal Folders" list. Whenever I attempt to delete, or "close", that folder, I am unable to enact any action. How can one delete a folder from the list after its associated account has been removed? I guess I assumed this would have occurred when I removed the account? Thanks, --Howie Create a new mail profile without the IMAP account. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

Random disappearence favourite folders
Since a relatively short while I am getting the disappearence of my favourite folders arrangement. I tried succesfully just once by typing and executing outlook.exe /resetnavpane, but after that I have found no solutions. Currenlty I have the luck to havn't had the trouble, but I do not why. Many thanks and greetings. -- sachs When the favorites disappear and are reset to default, it usually means either the file that holds the favorites list or the profile is corrupt. The /resetnavpane switch usually fixes it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook...

Free/busy public folder
Dear all I'm using Exchange 5.5 server, when I click the property the free/busy system folder from Exchange Administrato Folder-> System folder-> Schedule+ freebusy , I got the following error messag ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exchange Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site. See your administrator Microsoft Exchange Server...

Public Folder
Hi, I am trying to setup and Task Public Folder with an email address. I have created an email address. but when I send an email to the public folder it is still an email. I would like to know if there is a way to have the email become a task, IE: i would like to be able to tick the task as complete, setup tast status %, etc. Is this possible? Thanks Clint Not without writing an event sink. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Clnt Newman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:525e01c42cb2$...

Public folders lost due to server crash
I have an exchange 5.5 site that has two servers the original and a new server. All the mailboxes have been moved to the new server but the public folders have not. The original server has crashed. The question is can I restore/copy the pub.edb from the original to the new server and be able to access it from the new server ? TIA Darryl No. You'll need to restore the server and then restore the public folder store. Then, you can replicate the folders to the new server. -- Teo Heras MCSE, CCNA Blog: http://teoheras.blogspot.com/ "Darryl Burnette" wrote: > I ha...

Public folder contents keep deleting automatically
I am using one Exchange 2003 Enterprise back end server and one Exchange 2003 Standard front end server. I have tried to change the Age Limit from 0 to any larger numbers, but the public folder contents just keep deleting automatically after a certain period. Do you know the reason and any solutions so that the public folder contents can be kept permanently? Thanks. Let me clarify my problem, I mean no matter how many days I entered in Age Limit, the public folder contents would be deleted automatically after around 7 days. How can I disable this automatic deletion. Thanks. "B...

How/Where store a LOT of Outlook Items? Mailbox or Folder?
Hi, My document-management-application must store the emails (using Outlook 2003) of the users to a common folder, and a link is added in a database. From an other application these emails can be opened. I'm now using a public MailBox on our Exchange (2000, in some months 2003) server, and I use the StoreID and EntryID of the OutlookItems and Folder to get the right Mail and open it. The only problem is: after 4 months of use, the public mailbox takes alreaddy 100 Megabytes. So my questions are: - Won't I get a performance-problem in the future when the public mailbox is grow...

need help migrating public folders to Exchange 2003
I'm having a lot of trouble trying to use the pfmigrate.wsf script to migrate public folders from an Exchange 5.5 server on a NT domain to an Exchange 2003 server on a mixed mode AD domain. When I run the script on the 5.5 Server, I get access denied. I tried creating a trust between the two domains to no avail. When I run the script from the 2003 server, I get a message that the 5.5 server cannot be found. I can ping the 5.5 server, the A record is in DNS on the AD server and WMI is loaded on the 5.5 server. Any suggestions on what to do? I can't audit any permissions errors, nor can...

Exchange 2007 public folders ?
Will they be there public folders as usual or what is the ending of it. Jack Public folders are available in E2K7 and therefore fully supported. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> wrote in message news:%234dj91ewGHA.4512@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Will they be there public folders as usual or what is the ending of it. > > Jack > Yes, public folders are in Exchange 2007. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69434 for more information on Exchange 2007. -- ...

Exchange public folder replication
I have a situation where i'm going to be taking out our first exchange server in the organization(i already have another exchange server that's been running for the organization for some time). Have already replicated public folders to the other server and rehomed the address book and rehome the schedule + free busy folder, have moved all the mailboxes and rehome the recipient update service. When i go to turn off replication and check the replication status under public folders, replication, details. I notice that some of the folders have a status of local modified, on the f...

Outlook Conflicts Folder
What is the purpose of the Outlook Conflicts folder? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-outlook/201002/1 From Outlook help Conflicts Contains all the multiple copies of conflicting items in your mailbox (mailbox: Location on a Microsoft Exchange server where your e-mail is delivered. Your administrator sets up a mailbox for each user. If you designate a personal folder file as your e-mail delivery location, messages are routed to it from your mailbox.). An InfoBar at the top of the original item advises you that a conflict f...

Error while saving file in arabic folder
hi, I have problem when i try to save excel file in arabic folder i am using office 2000 and also i have install multi language office support. also there is no problem when i save file in english name folder, can any one know what the issue. Thank in advance With warm Regards, Ali ...

Personal folders from Outlook gone missing after AD account rename
A user few days ago that she can't see her personal folders in Outlook anymore. Her AD user account was renamed few weeks ago and I'm suspecting this to be the cause. She couldn't remeber if the folders have been there after the account renaming or have they disappeared sometime after the renaming. We do have nightly and weekly backups of the exchange mailboxes, but I'm afraid it won't do much good if I've understood correctly that the personal folders contents are stored only on computer and not on server side? I have tried the scanpst tool to recover...