news/outlook bar, opens a folder rather than news?

Just happened today.
I have newsgouprs in my OL 2003 bar,
when I click on it opens a folder C:\Program Files\Common
Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033

rather than my news, suggestions on how to remedy this?
thanks

0
Notthis1 (32)

Think I have it fixed,
thanks

"Bruce Leavitt" <Notthis1@noidea.com> wrote in message
> Just happened today.
> I have newsgouprs in my OL 2003 bar,
> when I click on it opens a folder C:\Program Files\Common
> Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033
>
> rather than my news, suggestions on how to remedy this?
> thanks

0
Notthis1 (32)
8/1/2008 8:05:06 PM
To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button.

You may need to reset the menu or toolbar using Tools, customize.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Bruce Leavitt" <Notthis1@noidea.com> wrote in message
> Just happened today.
> I have newsgouprs in my OL 2003 bar,
> when I click on it opens a folder C:\Program Files\Common
> Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033
>
> rather than my news, suggestions on how to remedy this?
> thanks

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2