Newbie e-mail question

Hi all.

I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help.

I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some
simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created
in Powerpoint by someone else.  Looks fine on my screen.

Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I
first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the
receiving end. It looks a mess!  The text boxes are all over the
place, as is the text that is not in a box.  Also, everything slide
over to the left hand margin a little bit, so the e-mail I received
chopped off part of the left side of the graphics/text.

I tried protecting as a read only file, and that helped a little bit,
but not enough.

Someone please tell me how I can change my document to ensure that all
recepients have a nicely formatted document.

Thanks in advance.
0
mrnevarez (5)

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 03:56:11 GMT, Mike <mrnevarez@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help.
>
>I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some
>simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created
>in Powerpoint by someone else.  Looks fine on my screen.
>
>Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I
>first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the
>receiving end. It looks a mess!  The text boxes are all over the
>place, as is the text that is not in a box.  Also, everything slide
>over to the left hand margin a little bit, so the e-mail I received
>chopped off part of the left side of the graphics/text.
>
>I tried protecting as a read only file, and that helped a little bit,
>but not enough.
>
>Someone please tell me how I can change my document to ensure that all
>recepients have a nicely formatted document.

Send it as an attachment to a message, not as the body of the message.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Chicago, Illinois, USA

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Mike" <mrnevarez@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hi all.
>
> I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help.
>
> I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some
> simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created
> in Powerpoint by someone else.  Looks fine on my screen.
>
> Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I
> first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the
> receiving end. It looks a mess!  The text boxes are all over the
> place, as is the text that is not in a box.  Also, everything slide
> over to the left hand margin a little bit, so the e-mail I received
> chopped off part of the left side of the graphics/text.
>
> I tried protecting as a read only file, and that helped a little bit,
> but not enough.
>
> Someone please tell me how I can change my document to ensure that all
> recepients have a nicely formatted document.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

compatabiltiy with 3rd party e-mail accounts
I am trying to use Outlook with Network solutions & I need a way to have any emails sent from my outlook to be stored in my sent box on the network solutions server. Any suggestions? "cjgauthier" <cjgauthier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6700CD30-9F21-4667-84F5-67FCE8916BC4@microsoft.com... > I am trying to use Outlook with Network solutions & I need a way to have > any > emails sent from my outlook to be stored in my sent box on the network > solutions server. Any suggestions? You probably need to talk to Network Solutions about ...

mail merge label question
Hello, I created a page by going into Mailing / Labels / Options and creating a new label for landscape letter size paper and having 4 equally divided regions for making postcards. I then clicked on the new document button and formatted each postcard the way I wanted it, starting off with the word "Dear" and followed by the rest of what I wanted to appear. How can I add a mail merge field after the word "Dear" so that I get a different name filled in for each of the 4 postcards on the page (each of the 4 have different clip arts inserted. I would actually have a...

Send mail when new mail received
I need a script that sends an email to a specific address every time a certain account receives email. Right now I have a rule set up that auto-replies to the sender and BCC's the people that need to be notified whenever a message is received. But the problem with the rule is that it only auto-replies for each unique sender per session. I need an email notification for every single email that is received. I don't know anything about writing scripts for Outlook. Could someone throw something together for me? It would be ideal to have a script that auto-replies and ...

Converting a pub file to html for e-mailing or posting on the web
I have created a flier and want to e-mail it to others and download it to my web, but want it to go as a secured doc that others cannot make changes to. Suggestions please??? Thanks. Deb, Since many people do not want to receive HTML messages or attachments, the common wisdom here seems to be to generate a PDF, which can be both attached to an email message and hyperlinked from a webpage. If you do not already have an application to produce PDFS, there are a number of freeware programs which install as printer drivers, such PrimoPDF or pdf995. Bruce "Deb S" wrote: > I ...

problems sending mail "on behalf of" in office 2003 beta 2
Hi! I cant send mail "on behalf of" (a public folder in this case) from my computer with outlook 2003 beta 2. It works just fine from my computer with outlook xp. The same "from" address and user account used when sending the mail. The error message reads : "You do not have the permissions to send the message on behalf of the specified user" Since I can do this from my machine with outlook xp it shouldn't be a permissions problem. ...

Front End Services Question
I was going through one of my books and came across advise that Exchange Management, MTA Stack, and Routing Engine should be set to disabled on then front end server. I had never heard of this. Has anyone else? Fred T2 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3SecHardGuide/e466094f-c287-4498-aa2b-8845d107f8f3.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "FredT2" <Fredt2@mail.com> wrote in message news:%23OJ5hSZAGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I was going through one of m...

Undeliverable/returned mail
Hi, >> I have posted several times but the answers that I have >> had have not helped me. I have two accounts set up in >> Outlook 2002 one Yahoo account and one with a hosting >> company called oneandone internet. I have followed the >> account setup on both accounts to the letter and can send >> and receive mail messages to and from anyone on my >> contact list. However any mail or address that is sent to >> me via ebay's mail forwarding system cannot be replied to >> either by hitting reply in outlook or by sending an >> origi...

the questions part 7
1-How can I check the statistics that how much emails come today or per month and other statistics. 2-System Policies (mailbox store policy) -> mailbox store -> individual mailbox … whats the overriding scheme. 3-Delivery restriction on mailbox store or in mailbox store policy. 4-I have created the online address list on exchange … but how clients will use the address list thanks On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 04:47:02 -0700, Feelings <Feelings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >1-How can I check the statistics that how much emails come today or per month >and other statistics...

Cannot send e-mail #4
I've contacted my service provider and gone through the trouble-shooting with four seperate operators and they all said my settings were correct, but that they couldn't solve the problem. When I send an e-mail the error message I recieve is: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'allihewitt@comcast.net'. Subject 'hi', Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.', Port: 25, Secure(SS...

New mail notification not working
Since I recently removed some software from my computer the New email notification sound is not working. I have checked that there is a tick in the play sound box of the advanced email options. There is a sound allocated to this action in the sounds section of control panel, but the only noise I get is a muted squeak from the internal speaker of my PC. All other sound functions of the computer are OK, I wondered if by removing the said software something has broken in Outlook 2002. I have also tried the detect and repair function but the problem persists. Any solutions would be apprecia...

Using TM Interscan as a smart host for outgoing mail
Hi All, I'm trying to set up my SMTP Gateway for outgoing mail, in addition to inbound. I have configured the gateway as a smart host on my Exchange 2000 box by going to the properties of my SMTP connector. Additionally, on Trend Interscan E-mail Virus Wall v3.53 I have allowed outbound mail. The options are (my config in brackets); Enable Outgoing Mail processing (ticked) Specify the IP address of any mail server that will be sending mail to the InterScan machine (192.168.1.1) Specify how outgoing mail will be delivered; Either forward mail to SMTP server or Use DNS (use DNS selec...

Syncronizing Windows Live Mail with Windows Live Hotmail
One one computer, running XP and IE-8, I have a Windows Live Mail account. On another computer, running Windows 2000 and IE-6, I have a Windows Live Hotmail account. For some reason, when I try to syncronize my Live Mail account on the XP unit with the Hotmail server, I can't. I've eliminated almost all of the excess email records from the Live Hotmail account on the Win 2000 unit, with was a lot of them, but can't get the Windows Live account purged of these by using the syncronizing. Two questions: How do I sync these accounts? Which of these programs, Live Mail...

Can's able to recieve mails but sending mails
Hi, I am new to outlook. I am using outlook2000. I configured the POP3 and SMTP Ip address with my account names. Now, I am able to send emails. But, I am not able to recieve mails. So, how can i download my inbox emails to my PC outlook. About Outlook Configuration <About Outlook Configuration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am new to outlook. I am using outlook2000. I configured the > POP3 and SMTP Ip address with my account names. Now, I am able to > send emails. But, I am not able to recieve mails. So, how can i > download my inbox emails to my PC out...

newbie Q
Hello, Here is my problem: I have a column with names (A1- A5), next column (B1-B5) contains some values (20,23,55,77,90.) Now I would like to have a column (C1-C5) where I can enter a new values and then those values would be added to numbers in column B, and stored, so each time I change value of C1 the result will be displayed in the B1 and stored. Basicaly if B1 is 20 and I type 5 in C1 value of B1 becomes 25, then I type again in C1 10 and value of B1 becomes 35. Any ideas ? /thanx Hi there. This isn't a very elegant solution, and I wouldn't want to use it on a huge spreadshe...

Mail to Laptop Only
Just set up Outlook Express on my laptop which is a wireless connect to my Desktop (home network). Now my mail goes to the laptop but not the main desktop. Is there a way to have mail go to both units. New at this home network stuff. thanks JK "John Kissane" <jkissane@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1b64201c44fb3$e045af20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Just set up Outlook Express on my laptop which is a > wireless connect to my Desktop (home network). Now my > mail goes to the laptop but not the main desktop. Is > there a way to have mail go to both units. New at this ...

sorting question #8
hello, I am having a problem with sorting the following: cells in column A have military time in them and to the right of A, col B thru G are merged so that somes lengthy notes can be typed into the cell. Now, the times in the A cells will corrrespond to the notes on the right. ex: A1 B1thruG1 1500 employee smith reported to work late, his assignment is xyz.... 1600 employee jones reported to work late, his assignment is xyz.... 1400 employee green reported to work late, his assignment is xyz.... notice that s...

Displaying currency in mail merge documents
how do you get numbers to display as currency (i.e. as $1,000.00 not 1000) in mail merge fields? i've tried saving the data source as text, excel and access. in access, the fields are formatted as currency and appear correctly, but when merging into publisher, they lose the dollar sign, comma and .00 (for whole dollar amounts). If you format the fields in Access or Excel as text the merge will display correctly. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "lf" <lf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

I can't see my last posted question and asnwer
Hello This page shows shows in Forms coding that I have 18 messages, however, I cannot see my last question and respective answer. Could you me reason about it. Many thanks sebastico, The name of this group is... microsoft.public.access.formscoding I only see two posts from you recently Sunday, April 18, 2010 2:22 PM Filter Juction Table and related tables. and Saturday, March 06, 2010 10:02 AM Re: Can I still use check boxes? I can not say why you can not see those posts, but you could use Google Groups, f...

Deleted mail stayed in INBOX until purge
Outlook 2002 Deleted mails still stay in INBOX. Does not move to deleted folder. Until go to Purge all deleted mail then gone. Why and how? BC Outlook BC <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Deleted mails still stay in INBOX. > Does not move to deleted folder. > Until go to Purge all deleted mail then gone. I daresay you're account is an IMAP account and that's just the way the IMAP protocols work. -- Brian Tillman ...

CD Question
I have a computer with win xp on it and it has a virus. I am trying to download the rescue disk from Avira. I saved it to the blank cd I have in my burner and everything looks ok. When I put that disc in the other computer it says the file is ready to write to cd. What am I doing wrong? Your are downloading a cd image file. First save it to your drive, then fire up your CD creating software, find the option to browse for an iso image file and burn that to the CD. good luck, those virii can be frustrating. ...

FormCode
I need some expert help with a VBA code. On a form I would like to have the user input a TYPE-E UPC into an unbound txtbx UPCE and after clicking a CmdBttn, have the following code input the result of a Type-A UPC into unbound txtbx UPCA & the skip digit into unbound txtbx UPCSkip. VBA Source: Differences between Type A and Type E UPCs at http://www.taltech.com/TALtech_web/resources/intro_to_bc/bcsymbol.htm#UPC Function UPCE2A(UPCE As String) As String ' check the validity of the input data If Not IsNumeric(UPCE) Then MsgBox ("UPC Codes must contain Numeric...

Unknown error when checking mail.
Hi I have just recently resurrected my files via time machine and one of my email accounts no longer downloads my emails. Entourage gives me a message which says: An unknown error has occurred in Entourage. Could not retrieve mail. Account name: "" Error: 16001 The odd thing about this is that the two other accounts on the same server work just fine and I can SEND emails from my account without any issues. I have recreated the account to no avail. Right now all of the messages are being forwarded to my Gmail account. Any advice? Thanks Dave On 11/12/09 ...

Sending e-mails from OE.
Hello Folks I feel that I should know how to do this, but try as I might, I cant. I have recently plugged an old dial up system into a broadband router. Having installed all broadband software on the second sytem, I cannot get Outlook Express to send e-mails from the previous dial up address, only receive them. I know I must of put some wrong info somewhere, but please can someone help guide me through. Hope that is enough info. If not, please let me know. Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation. -- Big Rick Big Rick <BigRick@discussions.m...

Question (possible OT)
What are the differences between C++ and C#? Only brief response required. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cscon/html/vclrfcomparisonbetweenccsharp.asp -------------------------------------------- Manish Agarwal <manishkrishan@hotmail.com> http://personal.vsnl.com/mkag "Hamish Dean" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:741Jc.34$N77.37515@news.xtra.co.nz... > What are the differences between C++ and C#? > > Only brief response required. > > ...

Office v.X, Eudora 6, Send To Mail Recipient
This has likely been discussed in the past but extensive searching on Google and on the MS Knowledgebase hasn't revealed it. Despite it being possible on OS 9 in both Office 98 and Office 2001, I find that Office v.X on OS X does not treat Eudora 6 as a compatible email client for using File > Send To > Mail Recipient. It will work with other mail clients however, such as OS X Mail. When trying to select Eudora 6 the menu option will be greyed out. Is there a solution to this? Can Eudora 6 actually be used? Gregg Wanciak <deetect@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Gregg, > D...