newbie alert - trouble connecting new useraccount to exchange

hi people,
i'm just getting to grips with our new server and going through the motions
of setting up a new user account with email through exchange.

utilising bits of microsoft documentation i've gone throught the motions of
creating an account which seems to have gone ok upto a point. my problem is
though when i goto a client pc i can log-on correctly but outlook 2003 can't
find the corresponding user in exchange when it launches for the 1st time.
so setting up the email side of my task has failed.

i'm sure its probably something really daft i've missed, but i've been
struggling for the past hr + 1/2 trying to figure. eek - can someone please
put me on the right course.

ta very much lovely people,

matty

0
matty1729 (14)

Did you create a mailbox for that user? Rightclick the user in AD U&C->
Exchange Tasks-> Create Mailbox

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"matthew hall" <matty@gerbilferrit.com> wrote in message
> hi people,
> i'm just getting to grips with our new server and going through the
> motions of setting up a new user account with email through exchange.
>
> utilising bits of microsoft documentation i've gone throught the motions
> of creating an account which seems to have gone ok upto a point. my
> problem is though when i goto a client pc i can log-on correctly but
> outlook 2003 can't find the corresponding user in exchange when it
> launches for the 1st time. so setting up the email side of my task has
> failed.
>
> i'm sure its probably something really daft i've missed, but i've been
> struggling for the past hr + 1/2 trying to figure. eek - can someone
> please put me on the right course.
>
> ta very much lovely people,
>
> matty

0
Roady

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

Exchange Active Sync #4
I have a user with a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Sprint advertises that this is supported by Exchange 2003 Server Active Sync. Microsoft has documented that Active Sync is included with Exchange 2003 at no additional cost. I have not been able to find documentation on how to install and configure Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Can anyone point me to Microsoft or Sprint/PalmOne documentation on how to setup Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Treo 650? I work with the American Red Cross, a non-profit organization. I appreciate your help and support. On ...

InPlace ugrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 recovery question
Hi, Will shortly be doing an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 enterprise edition to Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. After we do all the steps ie. Forestprep/domainprep etc then do the actual upgrade if the upgrade fails how do we roll back. We use Brightstor Arcserve version 11 which is supported by Exchange 2000 and we backup doing the Full method not bricks level. I have documentation on how to restore Exchange using this but this just restores the database to my knowledge (never had to do it) with exchange 2000 so how do I roll back a failed upgrade. We have to do an inplace...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

Excel 2002
Have several spreadsheet files I use routinely. Three have recently crashed after I added another sheet. In each case the document recovery created a file missing all the color and text formats that the file contained before the crash. Not sure what other changes may have occurred. Is there something wrong with the copy of Excel on my PC? Could these three files be corrupt? Is there a procedure to "clean-up" these files? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Mark Hi sounds like they are corrupted. I would suggest to copy the data + formats to a new, 'fresh' workbook. ...

about new operator
hi group here is my second problem i am allocating a buffer char *p = new char[1024]; p = regBuffer.GetBuffer(regBuffer.GetLength()); and after doing all the work i am trying to free that memory with 1)delete []p; p=NULL; 2)delete p; p=NULL; but in both the cases i get error as debug assertion failed File dbgheap.c Line: 1011 Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData) can anybody tell me what's wrong with this code harshalshete@gmail.com wrote: > hi group here is my second problem > > i am allocating a buffer > > char *p = new char[1024]; > > p = re...

remote sever connection
I have the following code that runs from a form. It works in the original database but when I make a new database and copy the statement to a new form and run the form an error message appears in the VB window: "Compile Error, Invalid use of New Keyword" refering to "Set cnMarvin = New Connection" in the script. Thank you Dave Private Sub cmdDelete_Click() ' declare and instantiate the object variables Dim cnMarvin As Connection Set cnMarvin = New Connection Dim rsLSS As Recordset Set rsLSS = New Recordset Dim comExecute As Command Set comExecute = New Command...

Can I delete my switchboard and make a new one?
I do not like my switchboard and would like to delete this one and start all over. But when I did delete it I couldn't make another one, because I couldn't delete the default. What should I do?Thanks,Dustin Just delete the form and the table that were created by the wizard, then start over.-- Rick B"Dustin" <Dustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42F94A44-9352-4D02-9104-65593869B271@microsoft.com...>I do not like my switchboard and would like to delete this one and start >all> over. But when I did delete it I couldn't make another one, beca...

Connection filtering record
1. I have set up connection filtering. How can I see what mail is being rejected? 2. Since setting up connection filtering the email tracking shows all emails being delivered to the intended recipient AND the badmail folder. Could someone explain this? To answer your first question, take a look here: http://www.martijnjongen.com/eng/html/log_analyzer.htm Not sure about the second question. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Nate" <nmorse@aimcomm.com> wrote in message news:ewUBm6C3DHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > ...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

Exchange server recovery advice needed
Folks We have been hit by a relatively big disk crash and I have to rebuild our exchange 2003 (SP1) server Fortunately I have a fully working backup but I still need to "replay" some LOG files as we only do weekly "full" snapshot. So to cut a long story short I have recovered and restarted the server as it was one week ago and everything seems fine EXCEPT for the messages (and other items) created since last backup. I DO have the log file for those days... but how do I "replay" them ? What is my best course of action ? At the moment I plan to create a separat...

Exchange ActiveSync
Hello All, I am having a problem with Exchange ActiveSync. It has been working for about 4 months now, and nothing has really changed. I was able to sync it to my IPaq via a VPN into the network with no problems. Well, today it started with an Internet Error_2 when trying to sync. I get a n event log error saying that there is a problem in the web.config file on line 72, which happens to be the lines that Microsoft has you add via KB#823265. I have searched and searched. Anyone have any ideas?? ...

Outlook 2007: When i Save a New Rule outlook Change it automatically...
Hi people! I have this problem with Outlook 2007. I have 15 e-mails addresses in my outlook, but i can=B4t create the rules for send all the received mails to each emails folder. Example: I want to create a simple rule that move all the e-mail that i get from "example1@example1.com" to the folder "Inbox/ example1@example1.com". When i create the rule, all works fine, i select the correct e-mail account name, the correct destination folder, etc... but when I hit the SAVE button in rules window, Outlook 2007 changes the account automatically to another one. Not automatically...

Question Re: Migration of Exchange to New Server.
I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new server. Once complete the old server will be taken off line and recycled. I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions. 1) How do I move the public folders? I'm assuming I can setup Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public folder data. 2) What happens when the current server goes off line? Other then having to upd...

Remote Exchange server?
Scenario.... I have a client in a real problem area. The power is so bad that it's guaranteed to be off most weekends in summer time! Battery backup and power backup is NOT where i want to go here, so please dont suggest I concentrate on this...because it just won't happen! I would like to setup a remote exchange 03 server for this client in a data center. So when the power goes down, the clients can all connect by outlook web access without any interruptions. Clents from the troubled office would also have to connect to the remote exchange server during normal office hours. Is ...

One Exchange server wont send mail to certain domains
Hi, Just wondering if I can pick someones brains. We have 2 Exchange servers, 1 2000 (Ex2000 Sp3, Win2k SP4, Global Catalogue, member), and 1 2003 server (Ex2003 Sp2, Win2k3 SP2, master). Since putting in the 2003 server, users on the 2000 server get some "mail server rejected connection" failures when sending to 1 or 2 domains, most other domains accept mail ok. Users on the 2003 box can send fine. We've checked our MX records which are in place on the firewall, and we can also telnet to these domains and complete the telnet test. 2003 > outside world (u...

Outlook connection issue
HI: I have Exchange 5.5 installed and a few clients running outlook on 2000 Professional, NT Workstation and XP, when trying to send and e-mail, the client get a box with the following: Outlook is trying to retrieve information from "SERVERNAME". Does anyone knows how to resolve this. Thanks. ...

Exchange 5.5 ... Aarrgghhh...
Hello, I know that E 5.5 had some issues with detecting forwarded mail versus replied to mail. My question is that if I leave the "Disable auto replies.." checkbox blank, should auto forwards be okay as well? There's nothing inherently keeping auto forwards from getting out is there? Thanks, Dan On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:33:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > I know that E 5.5 had some issues with detecting forwarded mail versus >replied to mail. My question is that if I leave the "Disable auto replies.." >checkbox ...

Exchange priv.edb
I compact my Data Base eseutil /d but it has the same size what happen? How much space was free? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;195914 On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:47:41 -0700, "Octavio" <ojgm@hotmail.com> wrote: >I compact my Data Base eseutil /d but it has the same size >what happen? Octavio, The file size of the database may or may not be reduced by running an offline defragmenation (eseutil /d). A size reduction will be purely dependent upon how much free space is available in the database. You you can figure out how much free space is in ...

sharepoint and exchange on same drive?
Hi, In the middle of doing a swing from sbs 2003 r2 to sbs 2008, and I must say that the swing migration is an awesome way to go! My quick question, is there a problem with putting exchange and sharepoint data on the same drive? I have a ton of storage space in this new server, two 1 tb drives (raid mirroring , there is actually 4 physical drives) and partitioned as follows: drive 1 = c: 100GB and d: 831 GB drive 2 = e: full 1 tb C drive obviously has the OS and plenty of room to breathe, exchange on D and maybe sharepoint on there as well, and user data on E There won&...

Out of Office not active Entourage 2008 exchange 2007

Exchange 2003 SP2 #5
I am trying to upgrade an exchange server 2003 to sp2. Keep getting an error message that i need to remove Intellegent message filter v 1. I cannot remove the Intellegent message filter v 1. I have tried and tried and cannot find the unistall in the add remove programs, I have tried all admin account on the server and still cannot see it. Is there any way to uninstall this? Bryan there should be an entry in add remove programs for the intelligent message filter... reinstall v1.... and then remove.... "Bryan Laird" wrote: > I am trying to upgrade an exchange server 2003...

code for moving to new record in datasheet view
Access 2003 What's the vba code for moving to a new record when in datsheet view. Here's what I've tried but is errors saying the subform is not opened and yet this code is on an event in the subform: If cmbInvLU <> 289 Then DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "Forms!frmWOTRH![frmWOTRL subform].Form", acNewRec Thanks for your help. SAC, Since your already in the subform... try... DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html &quo...