New with Outlook 2003 and IMAP

We have just been directed that we have to start using Outlook 2003.
When I mark an email for trash or junk, I get a line through the topic
and it gets grayed out.
Is there a setting I can use that will put the email into trash or
junk when I identify it as trash or junk?

I am also trying to put my address book together. I need to find a way
to have any email coming in with the same address (ex:
occc_community@sunyorange.edu) or
(staffchair-bounce@ots.sunyorange.edu) be made into a rule and make
sure it goes to the appropriate folder.

I am setup using an IMAP configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since there are several people
looking at me for guidance.

Dan (Still going in circles)
0
wi1202 (6)

>>When I mark an email for trash or junk, I get a line through the topic and
>>it gets grayed out. Is there a setting I can use that will put the email
>>into trash or junk when I identify it as trash or junk?

That is the default and proper way for IMAP to show deletions.  There is a
command to purge those deletions:
Edit-->Purge Deleted Items
With IMAP, the messages remain on your mail server as well.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011460201033.aspx
You might be able to create a rule to move them to another folder, though I
am not sure how based on the item being deleted. It sounds like you prefer
POP instead of IMAP.

For the second part, you would create such a rule manually, and you would
only need to do so once.
Right-click on the message in your inbox and select 'Create Rule'.  Follow
the guidelines there.

"skip" <wi1202@dropthistoemailmecitlink.net> wrote in message
> We have just been directed that we have to start using Outlook 2003.
> When I mark an email for trash or junk, I get a line through the topic
> and it gets grayed out.
> Is there a setting I can use that will put the email into trash or
> junk when I identify it as trash or junk?
>
> I am also trying to put my address book together. I need to find a way
> to have any email coming in with the same address (ex:
> occc_community@sunyorange.edu) or
> (staffchair-bounce@ots.sunyorange.edu) be made into a rule and make
> sure it goes to the appropriate folder.
>
> I am setup using an IMAP configuration.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated since there are several people
> looking at me for guidance.
>

> Dan (Still going in circles)

0
william8023 (152)