New message receipients listed for TO field

When creating a new email message, the TO field (like CC and BCC) provides a
drop down list of previously used addressed as you enter the letters.

Where is this list kept?  Can I clean it up and remove some/all entries?

0
hall (126)

To remove individual entries then highlight them as they pop up and delete,
to clear the list entirely then close Outlook and delete a file with a *.NK2
extension that usually kept in your user profile.
"Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message
> When creating a new email message, the TO field (like CC and BCC) provides
> a drop down list of previously used addressed as you enter the letters.
>
> Where is this list kept?  Can I clean it up and remove some/all entries?

0
noelall (144)

Spam message in the outgoing queue
Hi Folks, We have exchange 2003 and we noticed message of spam in the queue (ougoing smtp connector) ; I want to know why these outgoing spam messages block the queue of the other non-spam messages , eventually the good messages flow out and the spam messages stay in the smtp connector queue Do you have any idea why it happen ? The exchange2003 connector is configured to *smart host* to our email service provider. Thanks, Liliana I might have a look at the SMTP logs and see what MTA sent a helo or ehlo right around the time the messages were submitted to the queue, find th...

Can we set a particular category as a "default" category for all messages (w/o using a template, etc.)?
Thanks. Not in versions prior to 2007. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in me...

Free/busy errors on Outlook 2003 since moved to new Database
It could be a Outllok 2003 client problem, but I have moved a few users to a new database, only 3-4 have this problem but if they add something to their calendars then they get a free/busy error pop up, but the appointment does actually save. Also if they go to their out of office, if come up with an error and their previous descriptions are gone. If I get them to log into Webmail or Outlook 2000 all is fine. It's only since they have been moved. I have tried the outlok.exe /clean etc switches with no luck. On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 05:26:01 -0700, Gonzo <Gonzo@discussions.microsof...

moving normal.dot, excel customizations to new computer
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro Hi, I have customized my toolbar with custom menu items for macros, etc. I am now migrating to a new computer with same version of Excel; but would like to take with me the customizations, both as to tool bars and menu items, etc.; and macros (I guess I'll have to import the files containing the macros). For the customizations, is it just a matter of exporting/copying a files such as normal.dot (as in Word), etc.? Any suggestions in helping me achieve a smooth transition and replicate same setup on new computer as in old, would be very appreciated. Do a wi...

Manager can update membership list check box
Hi, I'm working with W2K3 and E2K3. Is there a way to setup 'Active Directory Users and Computers' on a workstation so that the check box for 'Manager can update membership list check box' (Distribution Group, Managed by tab) appears? So far I can only make that work by remoting into an Exchange server, but that won't work for administrators, we need them to do this from their desktops. Thanks, Mindy Mindy: ADUC is probably overkill for just managing distribution group memberships. Can the manager just manage them through Outlook by selecting the properti...

Memo field
Hi, I created the Survey Database. I chose the Memo filed for my questions since all questions are long. I would like to give you an example of one question. The problem is when I run the query, the question didn't show all. Therefore, it didn't show complete in the report. Ex: Question 1- We need your help in evaluating the effectiveness of the new acuity scoring system and daily patient care assignments. Please answer the following questions based on the following objective.... The report shows like that "We need your help in evaluating the effectiveness of the new ac...

Extract Data to Creat Short List
Hi Anyone! I need help in picking rows of data from one worksheet based on selective criteria and adding the rows to different sheets based on the selective criteria. For example: data is added to sheet 1 with different dates in column A. Based on the month in the date, the information on the same row is transferred to different sheets for different months. Please Help! This macro will do what you want. I assumed your data is in a sheet named "Main", you have 12 other sheets named Jan, Feb, etc, your data in the Main sheets starts in row 2, each of the month shee...

Group Address Change Message
I am switching over from Charter to Verizon and my E-mail address will change. I have been told there is a way to automatically send a message to all of my Outlook 200 contacts notifying them of my address change. Can anybody help? ...

New Access user needs a little help
When I fire up access a list of databases i created are on the right side of the screen...I would like to delete some of those I created exploring the program. Does anyone have time to assist me? Thanks Jerry "Jerry L Moore" <Jerry L Moore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA914856-1391-4B99-B09B-DCEB9CE3AA92@microsoft.com... > When I fire up access a list of databases i created are on the right > side of > the screen...I would like to delete some of those I created exploring > the > program. Does anyone have time to assist me? T...

Fixed field width in cells
Hi, I am very new to this forum. I have two queries: 1. I have got data in various columns in a work sheet. Each column contains data from a table(outside excel). I want to copy all the data in a row to one cell. This I acheived through the formula = A1 & B1--- etc. However I want to maintain the field length of each too. For example the first field in my excel file represents a field which is 20 characters long and the next 10 characters long. The data for the first field is abcd and for the second is 1234. What I want in the cell is ABCD (16 character spacingin between)1234 Is it pos...

Creating seperate sheet lists from larger list
I have a list the is in one sheet - this list contains names an departments and then the data that I seek. Currently there are seperate lists on different "department" sheet that break down the people that are on the complete list so tha department managers can click on their sheet and just view their data. This is all done manually. The problem: With turnaround (hiring, firing, dpeartment moves, etc these sheets are becoming a nightmare to maintain. The question: Is there a formula that I can use that will use the mai listing as a starting point that will filter the other sheets...

form text field wont change font size word 2007
I have read the other discussion this issue? But it does not make any sense to me. I had a previously made a fill in form in a different version of word, i found how to edit it by protecting and unprotecting the doc. The font is set to comic sans MS, and when i fill in the fields, it makes them another font and style? How do i get them to be the same font as the rest of the document. Can someone put this in English for me? Thanks You will have to apply the formatting to the text paragraph before inserting the field. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dlb1228...

CRM 3.0 Drop Down List Attribute
Where are the 'Drop Down List' attribute options and their associated indexes stored in the CRM database (CRM 3.0)? Thanks! They are stored in the stringmap table. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx "Banner" wrote: > Where are the 'Drop Down List' attribute options and their associated indexes > stored in the CRM database (CRM 3.0)? > > Thanks! ...

Use criteria in field for fieldname in query
I have a basic query to add records to a table. A table in this query contains numerous fields two of which are named "Criteria Field" and "Criteria". I need to use the values from these fields as the field and criteria in the query. In other words, lets assume the Criteria Field = "[Customers].[Hobby]" and the criteria field = "Coin Collecting". The table that contains "Criteria Field" and "Criteria" is joined to the Customer table on another field. How can I put the criteria field in the top row and the criteria in the bottom...

Pivot Table selection that will allow Grouped fields to show up in each cell
Hello - Is there a Pivot Table selection that will allow Grouped fields to show up in each cell? The standard view generates a blank in each new row...but I need to be able to display the grouped data in each cell, rather than a blank if possible. For example: Month State Amount Jan TN 500 Blank KY 300 Blank GA 25 Feb TN 35 Blank KY 28 I am hoping there is a pivot table option that will allow me to display "Jan" instead of blanks in the above example Not through xl2007. I don't know about xl201...

Total count of multiple fields?... Is that possible?
Here are the fields I need to manipulate Field 1: Account (Text field with validation rule) Field 2: Closed (Date field) Field 3: Termination (Yes/No) I want to be able to get a total count of records not closed or terminated. The condition should be to count everything except for the ones that are "Closed" and also marked for "Termination". My concern is that if the termination field is "checked" ... it may or may not have an entry in the closed field which may count the records twice. The termination field is used because the case may have bee...

Old messages left after running autoarchive
Autoarchive runs every 14 days and moves items to the archive that are older than 6 months. If I check the Archive folders, this seems to be the case as there are no items newer than 6 months. Howver, there is one particular folder (there may be others) that still contains items older than 6 months. I clicked the "Apply these settings to all folders now" button in Tools, Options, Other, AutoArchive, and sure enough the settings have been applied to this particular folder. I don't understand why I can still see items older than 6 months in it. -- Richard Search ...

Sort by 2 fields
I have put text boxes above a continuous form and for the date using the following code Private Sub TransDate_Label_Click() If Me.OrderBy = "TransDate DESC" Then Me.OrderBy = "TransDate" Else Me.OrderBy = "Transdate DESC" End If Me.OrderByOn = True End Sub I have another text box above the transactionID to sort by transaction type. I need sort by transaction type, by date or date by transaction type. I know I can set it up in a query, but then I cannot change back and forth. Is there a solution? You can sup...

How to forward all my messages all the time to my PDA?
I want my PC to filter the spam out then send the message to my Treo 600 all the time and still see the messages on my PC. On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:07:58 -1000, Don Smith <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I want my PC to filter the spam out then send the message to my Treo > 600 all the time and still see the messages on my PC. Tools | Rules Wizard.... You'll have to leave your PC logged in and turned on, of course. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP ...

i cant send email messages
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Emailing: IMG_7147', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be tu...

Where is this message coming from?
Can someone translate the log below. I received an email from MoSaHVG@asila.org and the Internet header had the message ID coming from our exchange server. Below is part of the log. Is it using our server as a relay, a spoof, or is it actually coming from within our organization? Thanks. 2006-7-8 17:21:14 GMT 80.53.183.30 mateusz - SEXTUS 192.168.1.9 bui@asila.org 1019 SEXTUSY4VkHC8DWtqch00001519@mail.asila.org 0 0 6353 1 2006-7-8 17:21:12 GMT 0 Version: 6.0.3790.1830 - - MoSaHVG@asila.org - 2006-7-8 17:21:14 GMT 80.53.183.30 mateusz - SEXTUS 192.168.1.9 bui@asila.org 1025 SEXTUSY...

Error 2465; Can't Find Field
The section of code below is causing me problems. Private Sub AddBadParts() Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim strSQL As String Dim MyDate Dim MyTime Set dbs = CurrentDb 'strSQL = "INSERT INTO tblTally ([CatalogNumber]) VALUES (" & Me.[txtCatNum] & ");" strSQL = "INSERT INTO tblTally ([CatalogNumber]) VALUES (""Hello 101st Try"");" dbs.Execute strSQL End Sub ID - is the first field in the table (auto number) CatalogNumber - is the second field in th...

how to export recipient filter lists
I have a large filter list I'd like to export and then import into another server. How can I do that? ...

Cant open SharePoint Lists
When trying to edit a SharePoint list in Excel, the program hasks if i would like to open the file and then freezes for a considerable time until it throws an error: "An unexpected error occured. Your data was not saved" Window XP SP2 clients with up to date office 2003 and WWS 2.0 on SBS2003 with SP1 Thanks IT PHYTOSAN ...

Mail w PDF attachments are not delivered to inbox, message tracking center says they are. HELP
This is a very odd problem. We have some users who do not receive messages from a specific source that have PDF attachments. No message in inbox or anywhere at all, the sender does not get a NDR. And get this, message tracking center reports the message as having been delivered. I have after verifying that the message is reported as delivered through message tracking performed an advanced search of the user's mailbox starting at the root. I have also checked rules etc. We have about 25 users who exhibit this behavior. These messages deliver fine to other users boxes (including mine) ...