New mail button and many more stuff greyed out

new mail button is greyed out. we could create a new account and we can
receive mails but can't create a new one cause the button is not clickable,
it's greyed out. it's also impossible to reply to any mail, those buttons are
greyed out. under the tools menu, customize and options are also greyed out.

we changed the data file, even created a new profile but these won't help.

what might be the reason??

Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Verified the outgoing (SMTP) email
settings if this is a POP3 account?

"sercan bozkurt" <sercanbozkurt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> new mail button is greyed out. we could create a new account and we can
> receive mails but can't create a new one cause the button is not
clickable,
> it's greyed out. it's also impossible to reply to any mail, those buttons
are
> greyed out. under the tools menu, customize and options are also greyed
out.

> we changed the data file, even created a new profile but these won't help.
>
> what might be the reason??

0
korland (145)
5/26/2009 9:01:41 PM
version 2007
tried with gmail and hotmail
settings are correct, at least should be.
i also just discovered word won't open new documents, as well as excel..

guess there is a problem with the office activation

"K. Orland":

> version 2007
> tried with gmail and hotmail
> settings are correct, at least should be.
> i also just discovered word won't open new documents, as well as excel..
>
> guess there is a problem with the office activation

What happens when you do Help-Activate Product in Outlook?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Test Mail...Please Ignore #2
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Why does my autofill stay on after I release the mouse button?
When I open excel and left click on a box, it act like I am holding the button down and will not release, shading everything it comes in contact with. I have to ctrl-alt-del just to get out of excel. It freezes everything. I have checked my option and configuration to another system that I have and it is the same(default). I have re-installed office 2003 without luck. I have run the repair option also. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a IR logitech mouse.Thanks try touching your f8 key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "bmxracer4" <bmxracer4@discus...

Blank body on E-mails received with signature and attachment
When I get an e-mail that has an attachment and a signature, either the message body will be blank or the body will have text but the signature will not appear in the body. There will be a .txt file along with the attachment which is probably the signature but when I click on it I get "access is denied". Are there settings that will allow the signature to be displayed in the body of the text? The sender is using Eudora 7. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you&#...

Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash
This is occurring on only one machine on a network! After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program dialog). On other machines there is no problem. Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation, rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour. Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel. We ...

Button To Print Workbook With Certain Settings
hi, in a workbook i have 52 numbered sheets. they are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. on the first sheet i have two buttons. i need some coding help with the buttons. basically i want the first button (called even) to print all the even sheets in the workbook. and the second button will print the odd sheets in the workbook. also i want different margin settings for each button. the even button will need a left margin of 0.5 and the odd button will need a right margin of 0.5 - while all the other margins remain 0.2. i am hoping that this is possible. i tried recording the marcos but i am not...

Windows Mail recovering messages
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings? See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx You need to backup the message store and the relevant registry keys. Then, once reinstalled, just replace the location of the message store and merge the registry keys. Then before starting Winmail make sure the "Store Root" value in the registry correctly lists the location of the message store and if so then start Winmail and it should work fine, except you will have to put in your passwords again. steve "Therealdaddydo" ...

Owner draw buttons : 2D look...Can it be 3D?
hi, Priyanka here... i created owner draw buttons in my application. but the feel and look of these buttons is not the same as the CButtons. i mean when i click on the CButton, it gives a 3D feel as the text shows some offset and the button gives a pressed look. but in the owner draw buttons, there is no such 3D effect i can see. can we make it possible? Thanks Priyanka priya wrote: > hi, > Priyanka here... > i created owner draw buttons in my application. but the feel and look > of these buttons is not the same as the CButtons. i mean when i click > on the CButton, it gives...

diable command button based on field value
I have a command button which I would like to disable based on the following rules: If A = 1 then button is disabled If B = 2 then button is enabled Where you put the code depends on how the form works. If this needs to be checked for each record, use the form current event: If A = 1 Then Me.Button.Enabled = False ElseIf B = 2 Then Me.Button.Enabled = True End If But, what if A is not 1 and B is not 2? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "barrynichols@gmail.com" wrote: > I have a command button which I would like to disable based on the >...

Merging mass e-mails between word and Outlook (XP)
When sending a mass e-mail from Word to Outlook, a message appears stating that 'another program is trying to automatically send e-mails' You choose 'Allow access for 10 minutes' and click OK Then, a similiar message appears for each of the e-mails being sent. You need to click Yes for each of the e- mails. I have tried adjusting security levels with no luck. Any ideas?? ...

Only 1 taskbar button when i open 2 excel documents
Hi all. When i open 2 excel documents i have only 1 taskbar button on the taskbar even though i did not choose the option to group similar taskbar buttons under taskbar properties. Hence when i want to switch between the 2 documents i need to go to window and select them. Hence how do i solve this so that i can have 2 taskbar buttons of the excel documents on the taskbar? Thks in advance. Tools>Options>View, check Windows In taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F715432-2EB2-47AC-B737-56D63F37537A@mi...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

New template
I would like to have available two types of Outlook (2003) pages for preparing out going emails. One to be blank which is the current default and a second that has my name, address and telephone along with a disclaimer (legal) on the bottom. Thanks, John You can create a message with a signature that has that information in it, then save it to your hard drive as an Outlook Template file (.OFT). That file can be opened from Windows at any time and it will look like a regular new mail message -- finish it and send it on its way. The .OFT is completely reusable. -- Jocelyn Fiorel...

external mail
We have one exchange organization with two exchange servers. The e2k is the master and the 1st exchange in the organization and we installed the e2k3 as a member of this exchange organization. Both exchange server has a public IP with an A Record and a MX Record with the e2k having the lower MX. In the Routing Group, there is a connector that route out-going email with the e2k being the bridge head server for the entire organization. The configuration of the connector has the e2k with the address space of * and a cost of 1. As I understand it, the E2K3 should be able to handle mail...

command button #7
Hi Can i use a command button to open diffrrent sheets within a workbook and if so can i hide the sheets from the task bar at the bottom. Thanks for your help ...

Creating a new document from a multiple paged Excel document
Can I save only one page of an existing Excel multiple page document? If so, how? Thanks to anyone that can take the time to answer/instruct. Right-click the sheet tab that you want, and hit Move or Copy. Choose "Create a copy" and then, from the dropdown, choose "new book". **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBDECC6-2432-41D4-99F2-C1EF10B1EC1F@microsoft.com... > Can I save only one page of...

Deleting over-large outgoing mail
I accidentially attached a 6 MB file to a mail item that was to go out on my Hotmail account. Now that it's in the outbox, Hotmail won't take it (it's too large) and I can't delete it (permission denied). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, J. Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close and reopen Outlook. Go into your outbox and delete the message. Close the new .pst file. Close and reopen Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my pers...

default mail format based on domain
Greetings - After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend, so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text. Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)? Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other domains to be plain text only. Again, I want ...

too many arguments I think
Hi, I am new to the forum and not too experienced in Excel. I wrote this argument that does a calculation if a cell in the C column is 0. IF(C10=0,H9^(B1/A1),IF(C11=0,SUM(H9:H10)^(B1/A1),IF(C12=0,SUM(H9:H11)^(B1/A1),IF(C13=0,SUM(H9:H12)^(B1/A1),IF(C14=0,SUM(H9:H13)^(B1/A1),IF(C15=0,SUM(H9:H14)^(B1/A1),IF(C16=0,SUM(H9:H15)^(B1/A1), IF(C17=0, SUM(H9:H16)^(B1/A1), IF(C18=0, sum(H9:H17)^(B1/A1), IF(C19=0, sum(H9:H18)^(B1/A1), IF(C20=0, sum(H9:H19)^(B1/A1), sum(H9:H20)^(B1/A1)))))))))))), but when it gets to C17 it gives an error, it highlights the 'sum' argument, I think I have put too ...

Multiple e-mail account in MS Outlook 2003
I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send from all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any suggestions? Does each account use the same account properties? (e.g. same mailbox name, userid, and password.) "Crazy Squaw" <Crazy Squaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78F4A600-8A92-4011-8E4C-6094A77DEF4A@microsoft.com... >I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send >from > all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any > suggestions? ...

Change Default When Selecting New Message From Form
Whenever I select New -> Choose Form, it defaults to "Organizational Forms Library" (which is empty). How can I make it default to "User Templates in File System"? Thanks. I've been looking for a way to do that for years, but have never found = one. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Con...

Opening a new record form but allowing searches
I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up so that it allows for both? On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:54:06 -0800, Fallout <Fallout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but >it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow >for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up ...

Using tild-n in e-mail
Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone know how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an email? My users typically have default email set to HTML although some prefer plain text. Would that make a difference? Thank you, -Monica da-moe <amethystm@hotmail.com> wrote: > Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone > know how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an > email? My users typically have default email set to HTML although > some prefer plain text. Would that mak...

Want to remove Public Folder store/replicas but see many logons
Hello, I would like to remove a Public Folder Store from a server in my all-Exchange 2003 environment. We have had two Public Folder Stores, but I'd like to use one of those Stores for a Private Store for mailboxes and also because replication between the two servers is problematic. (It's only a few hundred megabytes of infrequently-used data.) I removed the replicas for all Public Folders in the ESM (View Public Folders) then removed replicas for Free/Busy, OAB, and Organization Forms after right-clicking and selecting View System Folders. Still, users showed up under the &q...

Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template
I am using excel 2003. Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template - xlt. To create a document I just do new -> blank document. How can i fix this? thanks Tools>Options>Transition. Save Excel Files As. Change to MS Excel Workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:54:26 -0600, "Greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote: >I am using excel 2003. >Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template - >xlt. >To create a document I just do new -> blank document. > >How...