New mail appearing as old deleted item

When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of
the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at
all and is therefore lost.

This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007
but it still happens intermittantly.

--
Kate

What do you see in your Unread Mail folder?

"Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place
of
> the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible
at
> all and is therefore lost.
>
> This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007
> but it still happens intermittantly.
>
> --
> Kate

0
Kathleen

Help! Outlook 2000 multiple e-mail accounts.
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000. I have set up five different email accounts and when I click on "Send/Receive" I can see the five accounts listed, but when I click on any one of them, the Inbox does not change, it stays with the Default Inbox. Even the Login window appears and I enter the login info, it still stays with the Default Inbox. At this point I cnanot access other e-mail accounts other than the Default one which appears everytime I open Outlook. Any suggestions/comments/assistances is much appreciated. Thank you. Thomas Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail ...

Move SeaMonkey/Thunderbird e-mail to Outlook 2007 (without OE)
I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and am trialling Office 2007 Professional. I currently use SeaMonkey as a browser/e-mail client but want to move to Outlook 2007 because I prefer it. Is there a way to export my mail from SeaMonkey (nee Thunderbird) to Outlook 2007 without using the old Outlook Express/MS Mail method that has been about for a number of years? You may want to review this article for future reference: How do I import from ??? in Outlook http://www.contactgenie.com/blog/?p=185 Doing a quick google search: Importing and exporting your mail http://kb.mozi...

New Server
I currently have Exchange 2000 on an older server (Windows 2000). I also have Exchange 2003 on a 1 year old server (windows 2003). I've recently purchased a new server to replace the old server (windows 2000) with (windows 2003). I have moved everything off the older server except exchange. I can actually power the machine down and have no problems running the two newer servers. However, I would like to install Exchange 2003 on the newest server so that we have a backup exchange server. Can I just bring down the oldest server, bring it off the network, and remove it with no problem...

Print 2 receipts when selling item with rebate?
Is there any way to program rms to print multiple receipts on particullar items, for example I sell an automatic pool cleaner that has two differant mail in rebates and we always supply the customer with duplicate receipts Victor Out of the box, no. The easiest way is to train cashiers to use the Reprint function when they need a second copy. The other option is to configure the receipts to print 2 copies every time, but that's probably a waste of paper. I'm pretty sure this could be accomplished as a customization using the HTML status bar and QSBridge, but you would need a ...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

duplicate contacts and e mail
I have just set up a new mail profile and imported my mail settings from a saved pst file and all of my e mails and contacts are duplicated, is there a way that I can get rid of the duplicates without going through everything one by one? The file is about 500mb and there are hundreds of contacts. Is there a free duplicate e mail remover? http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wit...

Troubleshooting external -> My company e-mail
A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address mymail@myfamilydomain.com to his company mailbox. He claims that all e-mails sent from that domain does not get delivered. As far as I know the Exchange AV is not configured to block 'myfamilydomain.com'. I look the logs of the Exchange AV and see no reports there of quarantine messages related to @familydomain.com. What else could I do troubleshoot this type of scenario ? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address >mym...

No New Mail
HI All Can anyone help me I have a number of users that are experiencing a problem. The problem is that a new mail icon will appear in their task bar but when they open outlook there is no message in there inbox. Has anyone seen this before? We are running a Exchange 2003. Please Help. Thanks Does the message gets deleted by a rule or the server by te anti-virus/spam software? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Stuart Hagon" <anonymous@discuss...

Progress bar doesn't appear when saving
The progress bar doesn't display when saving a large document - even though we have the Status Bar on. We are using 2003 SP2 with the Adobe & LiveMeeting integrations. Even with disabling the integrations and removing macros, we cannot seem to get the progress bar back. any ideas? My support guy says to uninstall/reinstall Office to fix this, but with 67 users, I would rather not. khw ---------------------------------------- Hello? khw ---------------------------------------- "khw" wrote: > The progress bar doesn't display when saving a large document -...

Easier setup for new Roth 401k
A client informed us that as of 4/1/06, the IRS makes it possible for employees to elect an after-tax contribution to their 401k, as well as their pre-tax contribution. The Retirement Plans Enrollment screen makes it possible to have an employee choose both pre- and after- tax contributions, however only one benefit/deduction is created. Therefore, a separate, non-linked benefit/deduction need to be created for the post-tax contributions. This causes a real headache for maintaining employer match and employee maximums. Proposal would be to create one Retirement (401k) plan, with on...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

new vendor creation
How can I get GP to assign the next vendor number? Right now we are having to keep track, and populate the vendor card with the next available number. It seems like an easy function, that GP should be able to do??????? Any suggestions? Lisa, It is not built-in but it is easy enough to create a VBA modificaton that will get the next vendorID for you. If you have Customization Site Enabler or Modifier licensed, your partner should be able to help you quite easily or you can post back here for help. HS "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF47A...

Delete Search in explorer
I want to delete the Search... from explorer when you right click, but I can't find the registry key for it.. Anyone one knows where it is at? Thanks. In news:c7bd3046-634c-4836-a4a3-a1d5347d6f25@y14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, Mint <chocolatemint77581@yahoo.com> typed: > I want to delete the Search... from explorer when you right click, but > I can't find the registry key for it.. > > Anyone one knows where it is at? Why do you think every program feature has a registry key? On Apr 12, 9:37=A0pm, "Greg Russell" <gruss...@invalid.co...

Size Limitations for Attachments send with Outlook E-Mail
Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? Thank you. "Tim" <tgregoire@craneandhoistsales.com> wrote in message news:080201c3dea4$4a835670$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when > attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how > one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? > Thank you. Have you checked that your ISP and/or system admin haven't put a limit on? ...

Migrating folders and mail from Entourage to Apple Mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am trying to move folders and their contents from Entourage to Apple Mail. I already set up the exchange account on mail and had previously used the Import Mailboxes feature to move my POP account folders and content. When running that Import Mailboxes utility it does not recognize any of the folders for the Exchange account. <br><br>I did go back and delete the POP account to see if leaving only the Exchange account would work. I even shut down the computer and restarted...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Import Items from Quickbooks
Did anybody import items from QB? I would be specifically interested in how inventory is imported. Unfortunately there is no import template/mapping list available where I could choose which fields I want to import. I only would like to keep my descriptions, price, cost, vendor information, etc. in sync but NOT the inventory. After sales quantities cannot be sent back from RMS to QB I would worry that the inventory I have in QB (which is different to the inventory in RMS) will screw up the inventory in RMS during the load. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Gerd ...

Default recipient for new messages?
Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new messages? yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new > messages? Do you mean that you want a particular person to receive a copy of all the mail you send? There's a rule that will do that. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote: > >> Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new >> messages? > > > Do you mean that you want a particular person to rec...

Non-Inventory Item and a Strange Report
Am trying to wade through various reports. We have two non-inventory skus (and departments); "rental" and "ship". Last month's sales report for rental showed our profit at 44.83% for this department (although this percentage is not applicable, I am wondering why it shows up that way.....). The profit for ship is 100%. I am guessing it has something to do with returns on our rentals.......is there a better way to set up a "rental" business in RMS? I would like to see a better analysis of our profit, and there are serial numbers listed with each item rent...

new document and framework problem
Hi, I have a dialog I need to display at the start of a new document in my SDI app. My problem is the first time through, it will show before the app is drawn. Where should I put a call to run the dialog if I want to be sure to only do so after the app is initially drawn? I currently use a check in the view's OnDraw, but I'm hoping someone else who knows the framework better has a better idea. Thanks, scott I don't think OnDraw is appropriate at all because that gets called all the time. How about OnInitialUpdate? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits....

how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel?
how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel? You can not clear it whenever you want. You can however set the no of file names to be displayed to 0 which clears the list... In Excel 2003 Tool->Options->General Enter 0 against 'Recently Used File List' of clear the check box. Click 'OK' Word has a similar option. For 2007 versions or if you want to play with Registry Settings (not advised unless you understand it well) see http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-p...

Creating Accounts under Windows Mail
I'm using Vista sp2 home premium . I just done a restore back to factory setting and I just now down all the Windows Updates . I am trying to create accounts under Windows Mail ... I am able to enter all the correct data for the account , /serve /pop/smtp/password ... Everything is good in that sense of it but once I finish creating account it does not appear within the program ( Windows Mail ) I don't see any folder for it . Is there some sore of setting that I need to correct ? More or less how does one see their email accounts under Windows Mail ? PS : These email ...

Content Boxes not appearing on list forms (newform.aspx)
Morning, FYI: I have posted this question on the sharepoint msdn forums and got directed to the SBS newsgroup, I asked this same question there and have been directed to here, i would be very greatfull if someone could please help. I have many workstations (95% now) now not displaying text boxes/content boxes within sharepoint (2003 SBS version). Any other site will display forms but not sharepoint. This does not seem to effect all machines and seems to have nothing to do with permissions as i have tried with all types of users. I have tried changing all the security settin...

CRM 4.0 - Word 2007 - mail merge
OK, so I've read a number of blogs detailing the mail merge process. Open in Word, save as XML, import to CRM, edit and add the mail merge fields. Simple, right? My organization has about a dozen mail merge templates which worked very well in CRM 3.0. I was fully aware I would probably have better luck just re-creating them in CRM 4.0. No biggie. I've done so and mail merge in CRM 4.0 is ... shall we say less than stellar. Mail merge on the Contact entity does not work at all. For any user. Mail merge on the Account and Opp entities works sporadically. Literally from one user to th...