New install of windows xp, contacts on other HD

I had to reinstall my OS due to new chipset on my
computer (new motherboard :>) anyways my old mail which I
had saved in the drafts folder as well as my addressbook
can not be accessed?  I should have exported them before
I installed the new motherboard but I did not think my os
would need reinstalling. Anyways is there a way to find
the specific files containing the mail and addressbook
and import them into the outlook.  I have outlook 2002
installed.

Thanks

See my reply to your earlier post.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:030d01c39e58$8f6d6e10$a301280a@phx.gbl,
John wrote:

> I had to reinstall my OS due to new chipset on my
> computer (new motherboard :>) anyways my old mail which I
> had saved in the drafts folder as well as my addressbook
> can not be accessed?  I should have exported them before
> I installed the new motherboard but I did not think my os
> would need reinstalling. Anyways is there a way to find
> the specific files containing the mail and addressbook
> and import them into the outlook.  I have outlook 2002
> installed.
>
> Thanks

Can't track certain Outlook Contacts
Hi, For one of my users (crm 3.0 - Outlook 2003), the 'Track in CRM' button does not appear for certain contacts. About 2/3s of the contacts are fine. I thought it might be contacts created in the Blackberry then sync'd to Outlook but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm still working on finding a pattern, unfortunately this user is travelling a lot so it's hard for me to sit down with her and see what she's doing. I thought maybe someone may have had a similar experience. ...

referencing to worksheet names in macro for each new worksheet inserted
Hi I created a code to insert new worksheets and rename them according t values on the new worksheet itself. Say in Cell D1, i have th worksheet name. My question is when i want to refer to this worksheet in subsequen coding, how should i code it? For eg, How should i write the ???? for Sheets("????").select? Would creatin the a variable to store the names help? Thanks in advance Ken -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After inserting your new worksheet set it's name equal to a variable. For example SHEETS.ADD VWORKSHEET = ACTIVESHEET.NAME This method ...

How to check the style of window is not WS_EX_APPWINDOW ?
Hello There How can I check whether the extended style of window is not WM_EX_APPWINDOW.( Means it won't have entry in taskbar when it visible. I can check whether the it has WS_EX_APPWINDOW style like this if (::GetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_EXSTYLE) & WS_EX_APPWINDOW) TRACE("App Window\n"); But how can I do the reverse thing ? Example: 0010101 Real 0110101 Mask The Bitwise AND gives a 1 if the real and the mask are 1, such as 00101100 00100100 AND ---------- 00100100 In this situation, we know that at least some of the mask is true, -- now -- Take the binary number...

contact body to description sync, ntext length
Hi, in our company we are currently using the outlook "body" field to record a lot of contact information. When we try to sync the contacts with crm, we get the message that the information in one or more fields is to long. We already raised the length of the description field (type: ntext) from 2000 to 5000 (which is the max value) but this does not seem to change anything. To put this clear, 5000 should be enough, but the sync process seemingly stops at 2000 every time, regardless of the field length entered. Is it possible to tweak the ntext length that the sync process can ...

How Do I Copy My Outlook Files To My New Computer?
I exported my Outlook files from my old computer and burned them to a CD. During the export process, it asked me three times for a password. When I tried to import these files to my new computer I got "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." Can anyone help? Apart from the fact that Import/Export options often lead to corruption - you should use a simple pst copy - The pst needs to be on the hd and the read only flag off, before In OL attempting to open it. NB not import <aprice6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145746658.84...

Win7 usb performance lower than XP
Hi, We have a usb based Ethernet adapter. It is a high speed (2.0) device. The throughput observed on Win7 is around 30 Mbps lower than that observed on Windows XP! Both drivers are certified. There is not much difference between these drivers except NDIS5-NDIS6 and WDM-WDF related changes. Even the same NDIS5-WDM driver used on XP gives lower throughput figures on Win7. When checking the receive side operations we noticed that the difference between 2 consecutive Read completions on XP is around 30-50 microseconds, while the same on Win7 is around 200 microseconds. We are using ...

Can not install Office Ultimate 2007 because of a setup error mess
Hello group, I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2 (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I discontinued the setup. Any information/ass...

IE8 was deleted from my windows 7 and I cannot find correct downlo
I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is included in windows 7 but does not show the download file....... ARRRG. Tried Vista IE8 download file but message says it not the correct operating system. On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:50:01 -0700, pawntonian <pawntonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a two month old Toshiba and deleted IE8 because of crashes. Trying to >find the correct download to reinstall. The IE8 homepage just says it is >included in wind...

Shortcut dircetly to contact info from other programs?
What is the format for directly accessing Outlook contact folders from another program such as Excel or Word. I have done this and since forgotten the format. Thanks. Jeff jeff <js@cra-boston.com> wrote: > What is the format for directly accessing Outlook contact > folders from another program such as Excel or Word. I > have done this and since forgotten the format. Outlook is the only application that will open Outlook folders. If you wish to mail something from inside Excel or Word, the "E-mail" button seems to be what you want. -- Brian Tillman ...

View in new Portfolio Manager
Older portfolio manager had a view available which displayed by type of security. I am unable to find this option in the new portfolio manager. Am I missing something? Charlie On May 22, 9:57=A0pm, charlie <char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Older portfolio manager had a view available which displayed by type of > security. =A0I am unable to find this option in the new portfolio manager= .. =A0Am > I missing something? > Charlie You didn't state which version of Money you are using but I'll attempt to answer. If you are using Money Plus, you can choos...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

Trying to install Microsoft CRM with OutLook on Windows 2000
When trying install MS CRM 1.2 disk 2 (Sales for Outlook), I am prevented from completing the install as I get the message "installation failed" "you must install SQL Desktop Server Engine separately". When trying to install it separately the setup seems to start running then stops after extracting files and doesn't complete. There are no error messages and nothing in the Event Viewer ? If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for your help. Hi Installation take bit time,you have to wait.it updates with sp-3 etc.. Regards, Bhaskar.T "dhawgood" ...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Accounts and Contacts 01-30-04
Hi, I have installed the 1.2 version on a test server to look at and have a question. I can allocated contacts to accounts, and I can allocate quotes to accounts or customers. However, if allocate a quote to a contact, I cannot see the quote from the contacts associated account sales screen. If I allocate the quote to an account, I do not know which contact in the company that I sent it to. I assume I have missed something obvious here. In other CRM packages I have looked at, the links between contact and company (account) would allow this. Our customers are all hospitals in the UK with ...

Maximized Window
When a mail is opened, it is opened in the maximized size. When the "make smaller" is pressed, the window remains maximized. When a reply is desired, the reply window is also maximized and cannot be made smaller. This only happens with one identity; all other work fine. All setting are same for all identities. What can I do? ...

Contact file not visible when importing or exporting contacts
I'm tidying up all my contacts files for email and also for my mobile ph using outlook. Have done this many times without any problems and am familiar with import export process. I exported all the contacts to an excel file to work on as it's much easier than through outlook. Had a hiccup at first as when I got to the select a contact file to export there was just a blank space. I exited outlook and went back in and it was all OK. Now I've finished the excel spreadhsheet and want to reimport it but it's the same problem in reverse. I can't "see" a co...

How to remove the /dde from Windows Explorer File Open on Install
I have an MDI app that I would like to open a file on a double click in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately the Explorer File Type (Tools>Folder Options... File Types tab) is set so that the command invokes dde. Ie. The "open" option under the "Advanced" button is C:\Path...\App.exe /dde and the DDE message is [open("%1")]. This never seems to work as my app never sees the dde message and the initialization of m_pCmdInfo via: m_pCmdInfo = (CCommandLineInfo*)(UINT_PTR)m_nCmdShow; sets the pointer to one and the app fails on exit. This is referred as a kn...

Automatically generate a new record
Can I autumatically generate a new record adding information (future date) from a current record? Yes. In your form have Double-click event call an append query that pull data from your form fields to append one record. INSERT INTO [YourTableToAppendInto] ( Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4 ) SELECT TOP 1 [Forms]![YourForm]![1stField] AS [X], [Forms]![YourForm]![2ndtField] AS [Y], [Forms]![YourForm]![2rdtField] AS [Z], [Forms]![YourForm]![4thtField] AS [A]; -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Crown Jenny" wrote: > Can I autumatically generate a new record addin...

Update Existing Purchase Orders with New Exchange Rate
Hello, I have existing Purchase Orders in Great Plains 8.0 were some of the line items have been received is there a way to change the exchange rate for the remaining line items and any new line items added? Thanks, Brian M. Database Administrator ...

Windows Millennium Edition
Anybody know what's the highest version of Publisher that works on Windows Me. I am planning to upgrade, honest. Liam After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Liam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Anybody know what's the highest version of Publisher that > works on Windows Me. Publisher 2002. Publisher 2003 works on Windows 2000 SP3, Windows XP, and higher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Comments window
Hi there, I use a DB tool called RS3 for Excel (now known as Accord for Excel - owned by Accelrys inc.). This tool allows you to observe results with cell notes, these commonly being the the average of the result values. the cell notes is a popup window showing the individual result values the average is calculated from. It only shows a maximum of 5 of these values. Additional values can be shown by choosing Tools>Options>View tab, and choosing Comments & indicator. This shows the comments as stable windows, which you can then resize. Now if you go back to the same pla...