New HDD old files?

I have just installed a new hard drive. I reinstalled Office 2003 on the new
drive and configured my e-mail. Now I have put the old drive in as a "slave"
to my new hard drive. I am trying to get my e-mail and contacts from my old
installation on the old drive. I have had no luck so far. I was not able to
create backups before I put the new drive. Computer power supply crash
issue.

So how can I access the old files on the old hard drive?

Thanks for any and all help
Keith in Las Vegas

0
noone1 (387)

You will probably have to 'take ownership' see win help. then simply open
your old data file within outlook  and copy stuff from old to the new data
file

"Keith Howard" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I have just installed a new hard drive. I reinstalled Office 2003 on the
>new drive and configured my e-mail. Now I have put the old drive in as a
>"slave" to my new hard drive. I am trying to get my e-mail and contacts
>from my old installation on the old drive. I have had no luck so far. I was
>not able to create backups before I put the new drive. Computer power
>supply crash issue.
>
> So how can I access the old files on the old hard drive?
>
> Thanks for any and all help
> Keith in Las Vegas

0
DL
7/5/2008 12:46:58 AM
"Keith Howard" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I have just installed a new hard drive. I reinstalled Office 2003 on the
>new drive and configured my e-mail. Now I have put the old drive in as a
>"slave" to my new hard drive. I am trying to get my e-mail and contacts
>from my old installation on the old drive. I have had no luck so far. I was
>not able to create backups before I put the new drive. Computer power
>supply crash issue.

Did the PS crash affect the (old) hard disk? I've had a burned PS (loud
*pop* + smoke and stinking burned smell) that killed the HD as well.

> So how can I access the old files on the old hard drive?

So you've connected the old HD as slave but you didn't say what happened
when you accessed the data. Can you access the data?

0
John

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Public Folder link to Excel File

Setting up a new e-mail account

Renaming Partial File Names

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...

Outlook 2007 PST files and temp files
When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how can one do this...? Thanks, Tom... "TK" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message news:Ovq2RUgvJHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file > accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. > > Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how > can one do this...? You shouldn...

crop files
I've a file with this structure Code value 0001 dfdf 0002 ddgdfg 0001 dsdfsd 0001dfdgdsgds 0002 defert I'd like to crop this file in 2 different files ..one for 0001 and the other for 0002 with of course Code value for both and then block a cell in both. the name of the file and the name of the sheet should be given with a textbox input and they will be the same for both.. the directory will be the same of the main file. any hints?? or a guide I should follow since I'd like to learn and do everything by myself??? thanks Rossella Try Data>Filter>Advanced Filter HTH -- AP ...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...

Publisher file size #2
I created a publisher file with one 800k picture, a little text, and a border. The file turned out to be 11 megs! Why is this so? rainman33 wrote: > I created a publisher file with one 800k picture, a little text, and a > border. The file turned out to be 11 megs! Why is this so? You are using Publisher 2000 or earlier (or possibly 2002). Publisher 2000 and earlier decompress all pictures and save them as uncompressed bitmap images, inflating small JPEG files the most. Publisher 2002 decompresses images and then recompresses them as PNGs, which inflates JPEGs quite a bit ...