New appointment, nothing happens

Hi, suddenly I'm no longer able to add appointments to my calendar. Nothing
happens when trying. I also tried to sync my mobile calendar to it and it
seems to sync just fine, but it will not add any new appointments.

Any suggestions ?
(outlook 2003, winxp pro)

Thanks,
Jorgen

0
nospam5626 (15)

Sorry, just figured out the (possible) cause: I had a microsoft update
pending, after innstallation and reboot everything is fine.

Jorgen

"JGH" <nospam@thanks.org> wrote in message
> Hi, suddenly I'm no longer able to add appointments to my calendar.
> Nothing happens when trying. I also tried to sync my mobile calendar to it
> and it seems to sync just fine, but it will not add any new appointments.
>
> Any suggestions ?
> (outlook 2003, winxp pro)
>
> Thanks,
> Jorgen

0
nospam5626 (15)

How to set Excel to open a new window for each application
When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my original spreadsheet. How to I get it back to previous settings? Tools-->Options, View tab. Check Windows in Taskbar. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052E3C3A-8A1A-4EB4-BE2D-B6E09D4D247F@microsoft.com... > When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This > used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my ori...

Modify Outlook Default Columns for New Folder??
When I create a new folder to store e-mail, one of the default columns is the "Size" column. I prefer not to have this column in my folders. I know I can right click and remove this column. Is there a way to modify my settings so that this column will never appear when I create a new folder in Outlook? Tom View, Arrange by, if Ol2003], Current View, Define views... reset the view (usually Messages) and modify it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

OWA 2003 NEW MAIL Popup
Does anyone know how to tweak the settings for this popup? I need it stay on until it is clicked or the email is read. I am assuming that this is a javascript somewher in the echangeweb folder. I have tried to sniff all of the traffic created by owa and eevery two minutes my machine polls the server for new mail. I am not sure through htis traffic how the popup is being generated. Any help/guidance would be appreciated. ...

How to add a new domain to Exchange 2003?
Hey everyone, We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Our email domain is "mycompany.com". We would like to tell Exchange also except email for domain "newdomain.com". How do I add that at the Exchange level? I now about DNS, MX records and all of that. We don't need all of that, we are just running a test. Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Recipient Policy http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Clayton Sutton" <n...

I try to assign category based on subject in appointment (code included)
Below i wrote code to assign a categorie to a calendar item based on the word "vrij" in the subject. I think this code should work.. but somehow it doesnt I use Outlook 2003 with macro security set to lowest level. The code is placed in "this outlook session" Any ideas why it doesnt work ?? ==================================================== Dim WithEvents colRDVItems As Items Private Sub Application_Startup() Dim NS As Outlook.NameSpace Set NS = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set colRDVItems = NS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items Set NS = Nothing E...

New install of Great Plains v8.0
Hi I have just installed a version 8 of great plains however the utilities application is not accepting the sa password for MSSQL 2000. The password is valid. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks What message are you seeing? Did you setup a DSN to connect to the Great Plains SQL server? "Jitu" wrote: > Hi > > I have just installed a version 8 of great plains however the utilities > application is not accepting the sa password for MSSQL 2000. The password > is valid. > > Does anyone know how to fix this? > > Thanks > > > s...

Outlook removes in box items upon reply
When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? "Jeff J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d84701c3ef3a$b3646a70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from > my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot > find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? View-Current View-All messages. When I look at that, it does nothing. If I cahnge the View to "View Me...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

Efficiently Generate 88 New Chart Sheets
Gang, I've got a simple X*Y chart with year (1977-present) on the x-axis and an estimate of deer population size on the y-axis (actually, there may ultimately be 2 estimates/series). There is nothing really all that fancy about it. It will be updated each year with the current year's estimate. The problem is, I need 87 more just like it - 1 for each of the 88 units that I manage. I have been reading VBA and Excel books and I have yet to find an example on how to "mass produce" a bunch of chart sheets. I take that back - a simple "FOR NEXT" loop will generate t...

Service Pack 2
I recently installed SP2. Now I'm trying to sync tasks, look people up in the GAL, etc. I'm using a Siemens SX66 device from Cingular running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. It's not totally clear how to install and enable these features. I'm thinking you need to be running Windows Mobile 5 and have to wait for the "The Messaging & Security Feature Pack" to be released some time in 2006. Can anyone please give some more info? Here are the links I found: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sp2/overview.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmo...

moving IMS to new server
I am in the process of moving my Exchange 5.5 server to new hardware. I'm using the Ed Crowley method. My question is about the Internet Mail Connector. Since we use the IMS for directory replication with other sites, what is the best procedure for moving the IMS and the directory replication connectors to the new server? Does it need to be done all at once or can we do it in stages by having the IMS on both servers for awhile? I want to make sure that I do not have any disruptions in either internet mail or directory replication. Thanks a lot. Kenny "Kenny" <kstern...

New Mac convert
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Excel on my old PC the command Alt + return would force a hard return within a cell in order to enter multiple lines within one cell. How can I do this with Excel for Mac? On 09/05/2010 05:07, Axeman@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel In Excel on my old PC the command Alt + return would force a hard > return within a cell in order to enter multiple lines within one cell. > How can I do this with Excel for Mac? Hi, t...

Confused about new Money Plus download
My current version expires on 11/15/09 but to play it safe for a year, I have downloaded and paid for a "new" copy with a new licence. Do I have to install this prior to end of June 2009 or can I wait until 11/15/09? I do appreciate it that it will expire in Jan 11. In microsoft.public.money, SPP wrote: > >My current version expires on 11/15/09 but to play it safe for a year, >I have downloaded and paid for a "new" copy with a new licence. Do I >have to install this prior to end of June 2009 or can I wait until >11/15/09? I do appreciate it that it will...

Inserting New rows into IV00108 Table
I am trying to insert new rows of data into the Iv0018 table I have another table in SQL with tthe data but when i use DTS to append this data it will not let me because of a null value being inserted in the DEX_row_Id column. Is there a SQL script that will allow me to apend this data to this table since the part numbers already exisits this is another pricelevel i am adding. This is SQL 2000 and GP 9.0. Thank you Ken DEX_ROW_ID is an identity column so it will auto populate. In DTS do not map a value for DEx_Row_ID (ignore it) "kfoster@pfeinc.com" <kfosterpfeinccom@disc...

New comp. running XP; NEED Publisher from 98SE; How?
HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. ASAP? I have 2 newsletters for my church that I can't work on until I get this straightened out! Cheryl Smith <Cheryl Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED > Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. Publisher does not come with any version of Windows, it is a separate application. The Publisher that is/was on the ...

cross-referencing new reference types
I created a new reference type for a document: Text box (instead of Figure or Table, etc.). Sometimes after I save and close my document, Text box is in the list of reference types that can be cross-referenced and sometimes it is not. When it is gone, I have to recreate Text box as a type, then word recognizes those that are already there so I can cross-reference them again. How do I avoid this intermittent loss??? Caption labels are stored in the Nomal template, so if you lose them I'm guessing that you are somehow prevented from saving to the Normal template. Try savin...

Had to Update Money with new license
Hello, My two year subscription on MS Money ended, so i was forced to buy another version to get another 2 years with a new license key. I entered in the new key (did not reinstall the product) and then it started asking me about some online quotes. I made the huge mistake of not reading the messages carefully, and when I did my next update, duplicates of my checking and credit card accounts were created (presumably from MSN Money?). deleting those duplicate accounts from MS Money (the program) did not help, as they would come back when you opened Money next and did an update. I had to go to...

Create new task trigger
we have an application that works on an existing SQL server. what i want to do is when a record in our database gets updated i want CRM to create a task based on this data, is this possible? eg when a field goes from STATUS=N to STATUS=Y a new task will be created as a case record with record awaiting approval. Any ideas? Hi Pete, This is perfectly possible. I hope your application is developed using .Net. Microsoft has provided CRM SDK for such integrations. You need have development experince and need to go through CRM SDK. Following URL will help you. http://www.microsoft.com/downl...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERY BODY
HAVE A HAPPY AND A SAFE NEW YEAR MSW ...

Cant open saved files in Publisher Beta2 new version. Any advise
I have tried to open several save files in the new version of Publisher Beta 2, but alas it seems impossible. When clicking on recent files they can't find them and I have to browse for them, but when I find them I get the message cant open the file (s). Somebody having a good advise? Have you installed the beta refresh? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=B07A3387-01CF-4BC3-821A-0BB10E7A59FA&displayLang=en&oRef=blockedReferrer There are a number of fixes in the refresh. I cannot duplicate your error, Publisher 2007 opens all my files. Do you have Norton...

How to move highlighted cell to a new column
I got a huge database of fruit related terms such as : apple apple pie apple ipod apple computer banana milkshake kiwi kiwi map kiwi maple syrup orange juice orange mobile .... etc. I want to filter out all the non edibles such as ipod, computer and mobile. I used conditional formatting to highlight all the non-edibles at the moment, and terms such as ipod, computer, mobile, map and maple syrup were highlighted. However the kiwi maple syrup is edible, and i dont want it to be highlighted. But you cant manually check every cell if you got like 10000 rows (just an example). Is there a way ...

wcLEX
Before you get cut off from the Microsoft News groups ......... SSI is please announce wcLEX - Wildcat! Live Exchange!, a free NNTP Proxy Server for the Microsoft Web-based Mail Support Forums. With wcLEX, Microsoft Users and Developers can continue to enjoy using their News Reader for accessing the new mail groups. You can download wcLEX 1.0a pre-release version from here: http://opensite.winserver.com/wclex/wclex-1-0a-setup.msi http://opensite.winserver.com/wclex/wclex-1-0a-setup.zip Please use this support newsgroup news://opensite.winserver.com to re...

Moving to new machine.
I need move our Exchange 5.5 installation to a new machine. The existing machine is on its last leg and will fail soon so it's imperative I do this soon. Since I inherited the installation without documentation I'm in deep &^$&. Does anyone have a technical source or guide as to how to do this? Is this information available in the exchange documentation, if so what is the process called? I haven't been able to yet locate what I need. Any help will be appreciated. I followed this: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm It is well written and is a great s...

outlook 2002 on xp pro: default format style for new emails
Whenever I start a new email in Outlook, the format style is set to Paragraph, not Normal as with most, if not all, other computers. Actually a user is patched through CITRIX, piped into the citrix server, using his session's Outlook. Don't let that throw you; I'd like at least to know if there's a way to change the default. Thank you! ...

New Message Defaults
Hello, How do you set the new message defaults, i have a user who's new message is set to web view by default and causes their text to look bigger than it actually is. Can anyone help? Thanks Tools>Options>Mail Format>Fonts... "AC" wrote: > Hello, > > How do you set the new message defaults, i have a user who's new message is > set to web view by default and causes their text to look bigger than it > actually is. Can anyone help? > > Thanks I do not see anywhere in there how to change the default view of the new mail message, just ...