Network Password entered each time Outlook starts

I have Office XP Pro with Outlook 2002 and EVERY time I
start up Outlook it asks me to enter my Network
Password.  I do and check the box to remember my password
but is shows up again next time.  Anyone know how to get
it to accept the password?  I had Office 97 and Outlook
97 before and never had this problem.  I have already
installed  Office XP Service Packs 1 & 2.
brunyon@knoxy.net
0
anonymous (74722)

If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches,
then see if this article addresses your problem

OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3
Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to the
SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.
"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I have Office XP Pro with Outlook 2002 and EVERY time I
| start up Outlook it asks me to enter my Network
| Password.  I do and check the box to remember my password
| but is shows up again next time.  Anyone know how to get
| it to accept the password?  I had Office 97 and Outlook
| 97 before and never had this problem.  I have already
| installed  Office XP Service Packs 1 & 2.
| brunyon@knoxy.net

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
1/25/2004 7:49:22 AM
Milly,

Which instructions to follow for XP pro? The referenced
article gives directions for WIN98, NT4 and WIN 2000.

Thanks,

mucrick

us;290684

>--
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion
intact.  Due to the
>SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be
deleted without
>reading.
>"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>| I have Office XP Pro with Outlook 2002 and EVERY time I
>| start up Outlook it asks me to enter my Network
>| Password.  I do and check the box to remember my
password
>| but is shows up again next time.  Anyone know how to
get
>| it to accept the password?  I had Office 97 and Outlook
>| 97 before and never had this problem.  I have already
>| installed  Office XP Service Packs 1 & 2.
>| brunyon@knoxy.net
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

password protection paramenters
Hello, I want to be able to unprotect my sheet, add a wordart graphi and reprotect my sheet. The problem I am having is when I do this wit code the file is protected with the default parameters selected. I wan to be able to enable wordart so I can insert a wordart object and the protect the sheet again. I want to get around the user being able to just delect the added wor art. When protected I would like the following parameters to be set: Allow users to select locked cells select Unlocked cells format cells format rows Its the "edit objects" parameter that needs to be enabled fo...

How to suppress repeating password prompts and scope pre-emption?
Outlook (2003,2007, perhaps other versions also) has an absolutely enraging feature seemingly devised to intentionallly cause major distress and anguish on the parts of its users, to wit: Whenever an email account provider computer decides the account has been open too long and requests a new logon, (ATT/Yahoo) or an account was never able to log on in the first place (bad password) a window periodically pops up and the keyboard entry goes directly into the password field with no warning. I am often typing an email etc. and find that the previous paragraph of text, some of i...

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems