network password #12

I have a client that has terminal server environment, each user logs on to
the TS for everthing, including outlook2003.  One user on the network is now
getting prompted for his network password every time he tries to
send/receive in outlook 2003, none if his standard passwords work(though it
should just be his domain credentials).  Im jsut wondering if there is
anything anyone here knows about this error in a TS environment, and
wondering why he can log onto the TS and use the internet without the
ability send email?  his unername and password to log on to the TS is the
same for outlook (active directory exchange server environment).  The issue
is affecting only him, and typing in the username and password in the prompt
does not fix the problem, it acts as if the password is invalid.

DPM managing tapes rotation is not clear 12-10-09
Hello forum, I have DPM 2007 SP1 in production with an tape autoloader. I have trouble when changing new tapes. Ejecting and inserting from the DPM UI is not available so I have to do it manually. 7 tapes are in the magazine (all ready for off site checked). I replaced 3 of them. But right after this operation, I have "suspect" in the new tapes status. According to dpm documentation, it's related to the OMID as the bar codes are and displayed different. I don"t know how to check this point. Even though, I went through http://technet.microsoft.com/...

Network Connections no access
trying to view network connections settings, bindings.. (little bit new to subject), but do "not" seem to have access to: control panel, network, (don't even see network link, where might find tabs: id, services, protocols, adapters, bindings) not sure if any true of some trojan or setting keeping from view, or not part of xp home (sp3), maybe some security application? or internet provider block item from view? (if relevant, have: verizon fast dsl, sbsd: spybot s&d, malware bytes anti-malware, spyware blaster..) am trying to check network/ internet se...

How to find network TCP/IP device by its MAC address?
Hello, I have to develop a TCP/IP sensor configuration tool. In the general case, the sensor may have a wrong IP address (i.e. it doesn't match to the local adapter(s) network(s). How can I find it anyway, if I know its MAC address. I had the idea to fake the ARP cach of the local PC. If the local PC network to the sensor is e.g. 192.168.100, I tried the following in a DOS box: arp -s 192.168.100.5 <Sensor MAC Address> (Programmatically, you can do the equivalent with the IPHlpAPI) But this doesn't seem to work. Ping 192.168.100.5 doesn't get a response. So, even if the ...

office mac
hi folks Just recently bought into the whole mac thing, have been a confirmed PC user up till now, and can't figure 'the mac' out!! Bought 4 macs for work, (mac osx version 10.4.8 2 SGx intel core 2 duo) each came with Mac office test, which has since expired, have purchased office mac 2004, installed it on all computers, (which are networked) but it seems that I can now only open the application on one computer at the time!! which defeats the purpose of having a network and the pack comes with 3 product numbers, so any ideas?? Also, am having problems with getting our macs to conn...

How do I access the same account from 2 computers over a network
I have been looking and looking, but I cannot find out how to enable 2 computers to use a single Outlook express file. We just got a new laptop (XP, Outlook 2007), and we want it to be able, along with our old desktop (XP, Outlook 2003) to share all the data, because they will have the same guy using both. From what I've gathered, Outlook saves it's data to a PST file, which I found on the server. When I tried to add the pst file as a Data File to the new laptop, I get an error, saying that that file is already in use. Is it even possible to have 2 computers synchronize Outlook...

Password issue
Totally close out of WLM. Confirmed that the "remember my password" box is NOT checked. Open WLM. See my email address appropriately. Do NOT enter the password but just close the window by clicking on the red boxed X in the upper right hand corner. WLM thinks about it and then goes right ahead and opens WLM without any password entered. What setting do I need to change? Thanks! When WLMail is running, does it say Sign in under the close button? The sign in is for Messenger, Contacts, and other Live services. When not signing in, WLMail uses default contacts. Http ...

System password on VAT100
Does anyone have any idea how to remove the System Password requirement from the VAT 100 report? At the moment the system requires you to enter the password when calculating the values. This is a big security risk for us as we do not necessarily want the person who runs the VAT report to have the system password, but can't find anywhere to remove the requirement. Any help gratefully received! Thanks You might need to register a macro that automatically fill the password for the user, checkout an example on such case in my blog post below: http://mohdaoud.blogspot...

Replication 12-17-07
Can anyone tell me what the easiest way is to stop a database from being able to be replicated!? I have a database that while I was gone over the weekend, someone had changed something between the two, and has added a bunch more data, so I have a bit over 7,000 conflicts. I would like to stop the replica, and create a new one, so I still have all the data that was created over the weekend. How would I do this!? Goobz <charlestwaters@gmail.com> wrote in news:418eda5a-8a0e-4823-92e7-d52134966cba@t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com : > Can anyone tell me what the easiest way is to stop a da...

Need User Name and Password

Macro Question #12
Hello All, Could some please tell me how to write a macro that will past the data from cell 1A into cell C10 if C10 is blank and past the date in C11 if C10 is not blank. Thanks for any help sub XX() if cells(10,3)="" then cells(10,3)=cells(1,1) else cells (11,3)=cells(1,1) end sub >-----Original Message----- >Hello All, > >Could some please tell me how to write a macro that will >past the data from cell 1A into cell C10 if C10 is blank >and past the date in C11 if C10 is not blank. > > >Thanks for any help >. > Thanks for the reply >----...

has microsoft corrected problem networking with access 2007 & Vis
I was checking for a patch for access 2007 and networking in Windows Vista. I'm having trouble finding out if they have corrected this problem or not. If you are referring to this problem: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935370 no fix has been released through Windows Update AFAIK. To get the hotfix, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935366/ -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "sumgoats" <sumgoats@discussions.microsoft.c...

password expiration
Hi, Is there a way in Active Directory to force a password to expire on a certain day? Thanks in advance, JeffH Howdie! Am 29.03.2010 21:09, schrieb JeffH: > Is there a way in Active Directory to force a password to expire on a > certain day? Take the date you want the account to expire on and substract the max password age from that date. You'll get the data when the passwords needs to be set last -- that's the date you'll need to set pwdLastSet attribute for that user. Since pwdLastSet has a weird format, you'll need to convert the date into p...

Autofit columns, password protected
Hi there, I have 12 sheets (Deposits) and 12 sheets (Cheques). I want the column to autofit based on user text input. So for Deposits ( columns G and H ) .... for Cheques ( columns I and J ). Not sure how to make them autofit and password protect. Any ideas out there? Thanks very much. Ok, this will auto-fiit the columns A:I for you: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False Worksheets("Sheet1").Columns("A:I").AutoFit Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub You have to unprotect the sheet to enable this kind of...

Outlook Problems #12
I have recently installed Windows XP w/SP1 as well as Office 2000. I am using Outlook as my email client and like it having used it before when I was using Outlook under Windows Me. When I installed XP, I also reinstalled Office 2000. Email worked fine with no glitches. But am having problems: (1) When I try to place a new ently in the address book, I find that Outlook has remembered all of my all email friends names, but "forgot" all of the addresses. When I go to address book and click on name to edit, the system appears to work, allowing me to make entries such as email addr...

Networked Database
Hello, I'm working on a very old Access database that is now on a network for multi-users to access. I want to update a tables, forms, queries, etc. but I am not able to. If a template form is changed and its showing up on one computer, why don't the other computers see the change in the template? Thanks, =) smlchi22, Maybe because the database was split and they all have their own front ends? Chances are you are updating a form in a single front end. To update multiple front ends see... http://www.autofeupdater.com/ -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Acc...

CRM Modifications 08-12-04
Name" field sorts on first name?? Can you see if that can be changed. Also,When an old quote is brought up to be printed, it uses the current date instead of the create or Modified date. Can that be fixed? Are you talking about the web client quote or the Outlook client quote? If you are using the Outlook client, the quote is simply a Word document which is mailmerged into the data from CRM. It can be edited to meet your exact requirements - the particular change that you require would be changing the date field (which always the current date) to a createdate or a savedate. To c...

Using a Public Function 12-08-07
I found a great function to allow me to display my decimals as fractions, but I don't know how to use it? I create reports which then become either work tickets or finished product labels. Where do I put the code. I understand the idea that it should be public so I can use it in any part of my application, but how do I refer to it? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVMZQ==?= <LeLe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4FE3E937-4282-4067-92D8-921F44BDBC13@microsoft.com: > I found a great function to allow me to display my decimals as > fractions, but I don't know how ...

Money 2004 Password
I recently installed 2004 standard edition on my unit. After a few weeks on non use, I forgot my original password to access the program. I have tried to re- install the program, but it still requires the original password. Any comments or ideas on how to re-set the password? Evan e.sakellos@att.net Hi Evan You didn't say if you had data in the file or not. You could always delete the file by doing a search for *.mny. You should come up with at least two files, one being the sample file and the others would be files you created. Right click the file, scroll down to delete and t...

Password Protection #14
In excel i have locked certain cells in the spreadsheet as they were being deletd. However, users cannot insert a comment in the unlocked cells. I am using 2000 professional. In the Tools|protect|protect worksheet dialog, there's a an option to protect Objects. Make sure you leave that option unchecked. But this affects all the objects (pictures/buttons/checkboxes, etc), too. JamesD wrote: > > In excel i have locked certain cells in the spreadsheet as they were being > deletd. However, users cannot insert a comment in the unlocked cells. I am > using 2000 professional. ...

Networking problem
I recently tried to set up a network using RMS v1.3 but I couldn't connect to the data base. The dongle is on a desktop that is running XP Pro. I have it hooked up to a Linksys router. When I tried to hook up my notebook, running XP Home, it wouldn't connect to the SQL file. I was wanting to run manager on the notebook while the POS was running on the Tabletop. We were able to ping the desktop, turned off all firewall, etc, but to no avail. Has anyone encountered this problem? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Paul 7 Threadz Give the desktop a Static IP a...

How can I assine the password to msoutlook 2003?
If I assine the password to pst then it allows the user to access old readed mails without assineing the password. 2003 Outlook security <2003 Outlook security@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I assine the password to pst then it allows the user to access old > readed mails > without assineing the password. If you assign a password to a PST, then Outlook won't be able to open without you supplying the password for that PST, unless you have saved it in the Windows password list, -- Brian Tillman "2003 Outlook security" <2003 Outlook se...

network password popup box
when Outlook is open, the box called "enter network password" pops up repeatedly. All the info is in the box, including the password, but I have to click the enter button to get the box to go away. The box marked "remember password" is unchecked, however checking it doesn't stop the box from continuing to pop up. It is very annoying and I can't get it to stop poping up. ...

Unlocking a password locked word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have saved a document ages ago (in 2006) and password locked it. I am unable to open it now because I have forgotten what password I assigned. Is there any way to unlock it? It isn't so much a matter of 'when' you applied the pw as it is a matter of which version of the program was used. Different versions have employed somewhat different methods. Even so, the only thing you can do on your own is keep guessing... There is no "Disregard the Password" button :-) Depending on how critical...

Enabling Macros in a Password Protected Spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that contains some VBA code linkled to some combo boxes. I have digitally certified the file, so that I can run the code without getting a warning once I open it. All works fine: I can open the file, and use the combo boxes and the code beyound them. Now, the problem is that I need to password protect this file. Once I put a password to it, the code and the combo boxes do not work any more. When I open the file, I am asked to enter the password, I put in the correct one, the file opens correctly, but the combo boxes (and the code beyond them) do not wo...

How to import data from a password protected Access DB into Excel.
Hi!,,, this is my situation. I have a user level password protected Access Database and an Excel spreadsheet in which I need to load a query from the DB. I am following these steps in excel: Data - Import External Data - Import Data. But when I select the .mdb I want to import data from, and I fill the fields user name and password, this happen with two different scenarios: 1- If the test connection button is pressed, the error message is "Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or ...