Need to send link with parameter

Hi , i got the following question, i'm doing mailing internally on my
company and sometimes i need to send a link to a specific program passing a
parameter to that file.and example will be (c:\ListMaker\Lister.exe -v -x),
how can i pass a link like this?? if i do HTML on the mail like the
following line:
it will give me that the file is invalid...

Any ideas.
Thanks in advance.
Alex.
0
AleK1 (1)

Alejandro K. <AleK@AleK.com> wrote:

> if
> i do HTML on the mail like the following line:
> it will give me that the file is invalid...

Of course it will.  That's not a legal URL.  You'll need to write a CGI or
ASP that will execute the program.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillman (1436)

Generic Type parameters and Strings .. confused !
Could someone please clarify a small point of confusion for me please. MSDN excerp ... When applying the where T : class constraint, avoid the == and != operators on the type parameter because these operators will test for reference identity only, not for value equality. This is the case even if these operators are overloaded in a type that is used as an argument. The following code illustrates this point; the output is false even though the String class overloads the == operator. public static void OpTest<T>(T s, T t) where T : class { System.Console.WriteLine(...

How do I send an email to a group?
Outlook 2007 Vista SP-2 Along time ago I had a problem using a distribution list and was told that the feature is obsolete and no longer really works because of it. I was told to use the new Groups feature because Groups can do anything! Well, now I have all my contacts broken up into groups in my email application and I wanted to send them an email: First, I noticed that my address book does not show my contact's group. Second, I went into my "Contacts", selected the contacts and dragged them into the "To:" section of an email. To my surprise, EV...

Manufacturing Job Cost Link to PO Line and PO Receipt
Upon our upgrade to GP 10 we encountered a “BUG”. We use the “Manufacturing Job Cost Module” to link our PO lines and RCT lines to jobs. Typically when you receive a po line that is linked to a job number, it carries the link to the receipt line, but since we upgraded to GP 10, this doesn’t work! The link is stored in the ICJC3100 and ICJC3110 for PO lines, ICJC3200 and ICJC3210 for PO RCTs. Currently the ICJC3200 and ICJC3210 tables don’t have the links that they should. We have not changed anything in the Transaction List Setup, it still is set to link “all” transactions. Any hel...

I use client ID #s. Some begin with 0. 0 needs to show
I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How can I get the Zero to show? hi, you can format the cells as a text, hope this helps Regards from Brazil Marcelo "rmingle" escreveu: > I am creating a client sheet. Some of the Client ID #s begin with Zero. How > can I get the Zero to show? You can also use a custom format: Suppose you ID numbers have 7 character including the leading 0 then do this: Select the cell(s) Press Ctrl-1 In the numbers tab select custom. In the box "type" enter 7 zero's HTH "Marcelo" wr...

Sending Mesages Twice to All .
Sir, I am using microsft outlook 2002, whenever I send mail to any of my Customer then it goes twice to everyone. Some times it's not sending . Pls I worked as a Customer Support Engineer. Pls try to mail me Back as soon as possible to sort out this problem. my E-mail ID: hyder786@hotmail.com. waiting for your Reply. Thanx Hyder.... ...

Text Box Linked To Cell
My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a particular cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? Thanks, Denise Hi denise, Make a Text Box from the drawing toolbar. Select the box and in the Formula Bar, type = and then select the cell, press enter. ( IE: =$C$5 ) The cell can also be on a different sheet, just do the same. ( IE: =Sheet2!C5 ) Dave denise Wrote: > My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a > particular > cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? > > Thanks, > Denise -- Piranha --------------------------...

Need large gap in chart
I am making a line graph with 2 sets of numbers that are very far apart - one set of numbers is around 7000 to 8000, and the other set is closer to 80,000. Of course, I get one line at the top of the chart that is pretty easy to read, but the line on the bottom that represents the smaller numbers is just TINY and looks pretty much straight. My question is this: is there a way to put a "break" into the graph between the smaller numbered data and the larger ones so they are all easier to read? Like a jagged line showing where the jump occurs or something? Hi, Jon has an exampl...

need help working in publisher 07
when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are bigger across the top of the page and narrower along the sides of the page, even tho both are in inches. Do you mean your page is landscape instead of portrait? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rebecca" <rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D569716A-8BBE-4FBF-89B6-5DD7E519E1D3@microsoft.com... > when i open a blank document it looks very squatty...the measurements are > bigger across the top of ...

Need help with IF function
I need help writing an IF expression: IF("reference cell is empty", leave blank, otherwise statement) than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =IF(A1="","",Statement -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =if(Cell Number="","",Statement) rmo5354 wrote: > *I need help writing an IF expression: > IF("reference cell is empty", leave blank, otherwise statement) > > thanx -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com To indicate a cell is empty, simply use quotes with nothing in between t...

link append query to combobox
I have a form (tester) that contains two unbound comboboxes. The first, cboMRSearchChart looks up a specific ID number (text datatype) for a patient, and the second (cboDOVSearchChart), displays the dates of visit associated with that ID number. The two fields are from the table "Patient Visits," where an autonumber Chart ID serves as the primary key. The selection of a date updates a subform (sbfPatientVisits), which is related to the mainform via Chart ID number. The column with Chart ID is present in the Date of Visit combobox, but is hidden from view. In the NotInList event of t...

I need to auto insert names in outlook address bar
I have outlook. I would like to have the address inserted after I type a few letters. I know this features exists, but I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Please help. thanx for any assistance. think peace, max This feature only exists in Outlook 2002 and higher. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "max" <max@dis...

Regarding data needed for regular meetings
Hello. I have a project that must be finished in Q4 in order to garner revenue for the year. To that end, I'm enforcing daily (1/2 hour) and weekly meetings. I'm trying to figure out what views are appropriate for which meeting. Perhaps in the daily meeting a view filtered to show the week's activities. Then in the weekly meeting, what, maybe a report showing activities for the month along with risks and issues? Anybody have real-world expertise they can apply to this? Thanks in advance. ...

linking pictures
I have seen the many discussions on linking pictures and am running into trouble. I am using Access 2003. I have tried using the sample "Pictures2k" but can't figure out where I am going wrong. The form is based off a query, which brings together a bunch of information. 1. Placed photos in the same folder as the database. 2. Created a text field in our records table, named per 2k instructions 3. Added the name of one of the photographs to the field (example: name.jpg) 4. Added the field to the query from which the form is based 5. Created a picture frame, renamed it ...

Infozip wrapper needed
Hi All I read that someone has created a wrapper class for the Infozip dll's. But nowadays the link is dead. Can someone please provide me with this class anyway. Thanks in advance //Mikael ...

Operation Failed when sending e-mail
I have Outlook 98 installed on Windows 2003 Terminal Server. At the the moment the clients are foreced to use Outlook Rich Text format as their e-mail editor. The customer has decided that they want to use Word as the e-mail editor, so I changed the policy to force the Clients to use Word. All this works fine no problem, Outlook opens OK and you can happily type an e-mail, inlcuding attachments and hyperlinks etc. But when you click on send, it says "Operation Failed". I tried sending a blank e-mail with no attachments and the same thing happens. Does any one have any i...

HOw do I get my sent items to appear on the day that I send them
How do I get my sent items to appear on the day that I send them. How do they appear now? Are you filtering your view of your Sent Items folder? -- Kathleen Orland "celeste" <celeste@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A277EB9-348B-4504-9B06-EB552DA44362@microsoft.com... > How do I get my sent items to appear on the day that I send them. > ...

Need Formula Help....
Hi: Is there a formula string for something like this.....?: I want a number in a cell when a specific word is typed in another cell, for example, if I wanted the number 50 to appear in C2 if I type the word, say, Airplane, in cell C1? Thanks, pinger You need to define what you want when cell C1 does not contain the word airplane. Enter this formula in C2: =IF(C1="airplane",50,"") If C1 does not contain airplane the formula will leave the cell blank. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "pinger" <pinger@ec.rr.com> wrote in message news:47cf6287$0...

Passing 2-D array as function parameter.
If I pass a 2-D array ar[4][6] like this: foo(int ar[][6]...); What has been passed? Is it a pointer of whole array? Thanks. if you want to point to whole array you must call foo(ar) and in prototype or definition write foo (int ar[] [6]) and if you want to accsess only one row you must write foo(ar[4]) at calling the function "Frank E Rogers" <syang@pelco.com> wrote in message news:#u9vtA0UEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > If I pass a 2-D array ar[4][6] like this: > foo(int ar[][6]...); > What has been passed? Is it a pointer of whole array? > Thanks. > &...

Sending POP 3 email
Once I read a POP 3 email using Winsock, how can I send an email (whose content is the POP 3 email that I just read) out in the POP 3 server using Winsock ? Thank you POP is for receiving SMTP is for sending. So either make you own SMTP control or there are some available like ostrosoft smtp "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:elTQmQ4TLHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | Once I read a POP 3 email using Winsock, how can I send an email (whose | content is the POP 3 email that I just read) out in the POP 3 server using | Winsock ? | | ...

Sending graphic data to another computer2
Thank you for your reply... But I don't want to create a file, Just to send data and then show them in the server app. > this code captures the screen and writes it to a jpg, writing to a file will > take long, you should look into something that changes the bitmap into a jpg > in memory, perhapse even lets you play with the DPI (quality) to reduce the > size of the jpg. Like i said, my example creates a file, but you SHOULD NOT CREATE A FILE, you should simply convert the Bitmap to a JPG in memory so that it does not take too much memory. The bigger the image the longer it...

include/exclude email account in send/receive
Outlook 2000 had a setting wherein you could include or exclude an email in the send/receive process. I'm not seeing where that option is in Office Outlook 2003. If an certain email address that is listed in an email account setting doesn't exist the send/receive process fail entirely...for that one and all other accounts. This doesn't seem normal What do you mean if an "email address listed in an email account setting doesn't exist?" Clarify the problem you hare having. Automatic polling settings are in Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings &g...

Investors Needed!!!
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

I need a formula to mark up a product by 200%
Hello, i am stupid when it comes to this stuff and frustrate easily!! If their is anyone that can help me i would greatly appreciate it. I have a product and it cost me $4.50 to produce. I would like to mark it up 200%. What would the function be?? Thanks On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:29:01 -0800, StitchWitch <StitchWitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, i am stupid when it comes to this stuff and frustrate easily!! If >their is anyone that can help me i would greatly appreciate it. I have a >product and it cost me $4.50 to produce. I would like to mark ...

can't send or receieve emails using wireless connection
I've just set up my toshiba tecra with a netgear wireless router, and whilst I can get onto the internet, I can't send or receive email. Are there settings which I need to alter IN oUTLOOK 2003 to achieve this? Any help appreciated. cheers DW Do you receive any errors? "dwdw1" <david@dwdw1.com> wrote in message news:1137925778.979890.160730@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I've just set up my toshiba tecra with a netgear wireless router, and > whilst I can get onto the internet, I can't send or receive email. Are > there settings which I need to al...

I need help setting up my database
I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but now I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar. I currently have an excel document with staff names and drills they have performed. The drills include dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed. I had considered doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then connecting tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills. I don't know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name was the staff's name, so there wasn't a...