Need to backup Contacts

I am running Outlook 2000 behind Windows ME.  I want to
make a backup of Contacts but cannot find the location of
the file.  When I search on *.pab, it returns "not
found".  I have over 850 entries in Contacts, so I know
the file exists somewhere.  Any suggestions on where to
find or how to back-up?  Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Export your contacts folder to a .pst file. The .pab is old and obsolete and
has not been used for a number of releases.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, BF asked:

| I am running Outlook 2000 behind Windows ME.  I want to
| make a backup of Contacts but cannot find the location of
| the file.  When I search on *.pab, it returns "not
| found".  I have over 850 entries in Contacts, so I know
| the file exists somewhere.  Any suggestions on where to
| find or how to back-up?  Thanks.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Data Validation using List (But needs unique list in drop down lis
Hi all, In sheet 1, column A is my title name while column B is person name. Sheet 1 is my database where i do data entry in this. In sheet 2, contains my query page. In cell A5, i uses data validation - list, on this cell. Say in sheet 1 : column A column B XXXXXXX Mr A YYYYYYYY Mr A ZZZZZZZZ Mr A AAAAAAA Mr B WWWWW Mr C DDDDDDD Mr C But In sheet 2, cell A5, I saw in the drop down list as follows: Mr A Mr A Mr A Mr B Mr C Mr C But i want to see this in cell A5 instead (Unique name that is) : Mr A Mr B Mr C ...

Iterative Calculation help needed
I have the following information A1 - Balance at the beginning of calculation A2 - Annualized payment A3 - Interest rate divided by # of payments per year A4 - Number of years * # of payments per year I'm trying to calulate the total ((A1-A2)*(1+A3)) - I need to do this over and over up until I've don it A4 times. I can do it for each period but I want to do it all in one cell, i possible. How can I have it plug the new number into A1 and repeat th calculation A4 times. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there You might find that the PMT function coul...

Address and e-mail contact list
I do not want the e-mail address of sender automatically added to my contact list How do I suppress No clues here so no help forthcoming. Want assistance? Help us help you. Give your version of Outlook. If Express, post in an Express group - this is not one of them. If you are using the Web interface, look under Internet Explorer as it is a part of IE, not Office. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. A...

Error message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am unable to open Outlook - get the error message above EACH time I try to launch it. I am running Windows XP, have Norton installed, checked the firewall allows Outlook. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook and downloaded and installed the service pack update. I followed some suggestions on this discussion site as suggested by Nikkin in the response to: "John Frustrated" <fortlaud@mail.com> Sent: 5/1/2004 8:36:21 AM. but nothing works. Can anyone help? What suggestions have you tried? I don't recall the message you are referring to. Rename outcmd.dat an...

Re: Contacts gone: address book still there
Hi all, Following my earlier thread on this topic, I have at last managed to get back on to the pc (XP Pro Sp3), to have another look at my OE there. I tried importing the wab from the laptop, and it took a while as though it was actually doing something, but afterwards there was still nothing showing in the contacts pane even though in Tools/AddressBook they are all there. Next I searched the pc and deleted all the wab files I could find (system and hidden files showing), thinking I might have added too many addresses together, and intending to import a clean set. Blow me ...

Need HELP with Exchange Restore/Recovery
Details: 2003 sp2 Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 sp1 Server Enterprise C: drive is 100GB Logical Drive over x4 36GB drives in a RAID 5 set D: drive is 280GB Logical Drive over x5 70GB drives in a RAID 5 set Domain Controller Last night I upgraded our 2003 sp1 Exchange to sp2 + any O/S hot fixes and DST fix. No problem with the upgrade or hot fix, but @ about 200 a.m. I lost two of the five drives in the RAID 5 set (drive D) that had the exchange install. I’m currently replacing the hardware & bringing up the drives & going to recreate the D: drive. (server is bootable) I h...

how do i add all my suggested contacts to my contacts list?
How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? Are you asking about a beta? http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx -- Russ Valentine "Teagan" <Teagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7812B8CF-1713-48FD-AA3D-0F27BFCF8597@microsoft.com... > How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? CTRL+A to select all of them then just drag and drop... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Aut...

Contact and DL
Any thing which comes to me@companydomain.com must also go to abc@hotmail.com and def@companydomain.com companydomain.com is our domain. I created a Distribution Group and added abc@hotmail.com and def@companydomain.com to that group. Now when I send a test message from gmail.com to me@companydomain.com a copy went to abc@hotmail.com but no copy came to def@mycomanydomain.com. Advise as to how can I forward to multiple receipients? Thank you. You're leaving stuff out so I can't tell what you might have done wrong. That is, you can't add SMTP addresses to a group, so you ...

Help!! Need Recovery!
So I went to open my excell file as usual and suddenly I have 10 or so instances openned. As I was closing them I saved one that turned out to be an old version, REAL OLD, like 2 weeks or so. No I desparataly need to get back to where I was. I tried to use the recovery utility under Microsoft Tools, but there are no available dates to revert to. I have no other way of reverting the document. Anyone know what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.- Kjellster :D ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and ...

Save and Close Error in accounts and contacts
Hi - Just upgraded to CRM 4 and am noticing an error when accessing via the web: When I his either save and close or save and new in an account or a contact I get an error popup - "Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered an error Please tell Microsoft about this problem..... The XML report that is sent to MS is as follows: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Syntax error</Message> <Line>106</Line> <URL>/ORG NAME/sfa/conts/...

exchange store backup problem
I have a job slotted for every night. It does the following 1. ntbackup server state to a backup file A on harddriv 2. ntbackup exchange store to a backup file B on harddriv 3. ntbackup entire server (excluding server state and exchange store) to 8mm mammouth driv This works great most of the time. My problem is, about once a week when it gets mid way through step 2 the server will just shutdown. It almost feels like a hardware problem but that it does not do it all the time. In fact it did it this last weekend and that was the first time it had done it in about 3-4 weeks.. but ...

Money 2004 Backup file
Hi Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it in the root folder. Thanks Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? >For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But >it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it >in the root folder. ...

Import contacts from Public Folder into Address List
Hi, we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as it was published as such. Now I have a Public Folder full on contacts but I need to move them back to the Address List which has been recreated but is now empty. Does amyone know how I may go about this? Thanks Simon Sorry, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard. Thanks "Simon" wrote: > Hi, > we had an Address List that mysteriously disappeared. I have been able to > restore its contents into a Public Folder of the same name as i...

Adding additional Public Contact & Calendar Features
Any quick guide to adding additional Contact lists and public features to the public folders for separating to different clients/permissions? 2003 Mike Is there a better Exchange group to ask this? Mike "Michael Gregg" <mike@nospam.alyrica.net> wrote in message news:%23N1DuxJNEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Any quick guide to adding additional Contact lists and public features to > the public folders for separating to different clients/permissions? > > 2003 > > Mike > > ...

Money 2007 deluxe backup issue
for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive around the 3 mb area - i have compact data checked - regular files are 8 & 12 mb are there settings to change to prevent this from happening there is plenty of space on the drive it names the file xxxd1 when i used my gigabank 8gb drive it did not do this but alas it died when i just try to continue on the 4g it says already used insert me medium advise please thanks In microsoft.public.money, tony wrote: >for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive >around the 3 mb area...

Need CD to Uninstall
We have 6 computers all ordered at the same time from Dell that have have unopened Office XP Small Business Addition CD's in thier packaging (from 3 years ago). Now we change our domain identity with an upgrade to Small Bus Server and the CD's are required to open any Office application. For some unknow reason one of the computers has Office XP Pro with Front Page and will not let us do anything without THAT CD and we don't have it - we only have the Small Bus Addition. We can't even uninstall the Office XP Pro without the correct CD which we don't have. We tried...

OT: Reliable Medium For Long Term Backup And Archiving
Hi, I've been using DVD and CDs for long term backup and archiving. However, recent uploading of a hundred or so CDs and DVDs had several that failed. These were only about six years old. (I typically spot test a newly burned disk.) More than one burner and brand of blanks was involved. The burners and blanks are garden variety. What are more reliable alternatives? Thanks, Gary "Abby Brown" <abbybrown@charter.net> wrote in message news:%23cQ4IRMkKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I've been using DVD and CDs for long t...

Contacts List Closes Outlook
A user in our company recent found that when using the Contacts, as soon as he scrolls down the program locks up and closes without warning or any dialog box. Any Ideas? ...

Address Book renaming contacts. (2 questions)
For WHATEVER reason Outlook 2002 - XP is renaming my contacts in my address book.. so when I try and use autocomplete it doesn't work. (Type in "Sha" to get the choice between Shadow and Sha'mer and it just gives me Sha'mer) So - gritting my teeth - I go in and change the name of the contact BACK to Shadow and it STILL doesn't register in the autocomplete. 1) How the (ahem) do I get Outlook to stop renaming my contacts? 2) How do I get it to recognize names in the autocomplete? I now have about 7 that it doesn't, and it's a royal pain. Thanks for your tim...

OL Contact -> CRM 3.0 Account ?
From what I know so far, I can enable an Outlook contact for tracking in CRM which in fact after creation of the contact in CRM creates a bidirectional link b/w the Outlook und CRM representation of the contact, tracking and automatically synchronizing changes between the two. So far so good. Now, quite a few of the contacts we have in our Outlook environement are really accounts (in CRM speak). Is there any (built-in or other) way to migrate them from Outlook to CRM Accounts without having to reenter all the data? Thanks, Markus And to extend the scope: What about the other dire...

Export Contact
Hi, I am using Outlook 97, I want to export the Contact folder and then import to my laptop's Outlook 2002. How to do it. Thanks Jimmy File | Import and Export | export to file - export in .PST format. Transfer it, ensure it is not set to read-only, open it via File | Open .... copy the items to your Outlook 2003 Contacts folder. "Jimmy" <hk2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%230dg$KQjFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook 97, I want to export the Contact folder and then import > to my laptop's Outlook 2002. > > ...

Signature for Email from CRM Contact
How do you get the signature on an email that is generated from the Contact Enity. The outlook signature works from the CRM standard tool bar. IS there something I am missing You'll want to setup an email template...I haven't figured out how to get my company logo in yet, but that's where you'll want to start... James Sanford "Brenda" wrote: > How do you get the signature on an email that is generated from the Contact > Enity. The outlook signature works from the CRM standard tool bar. IS there > something I am missing Thank you. I am also hav...

Fowarding to a contact
exchange 2003: we have an anti-spam product (cloudmark spamnet) that moves spam to a "spam" folder. the problem that i am running into is that i have a few accounts that i am fowarding mail to an outside email address and all the mail including the spam is getting fowarded. Is there any way to just foward mail that is in your "inbox". thank you On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:52:02 -0800, harlin <harlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >exchange 2003: >we have an anti-spam product (cloudmark spamnet) that moves spam to a "spam" >folder. the problem t...

sorting activities for each lead/contact by actual end dates
When I view the activities associated with each lead and contacts, the actual end date are not shown. Does anyone know how I can dispaly this field? The activities list in workplace does show the actual end dates but we'd like to see that when we access the list through indivial contact/lead record. Thanks, Victoria Hi Victoria, There is no good out of the box way to do this in MSCRM today. We're working hard to fix this for v2.0. Many of our customers have worked around this issue by registering for a post call out on the activity creation, and then having a custom object wh...

Need to insert a picture using a function
I would like to know if it is possible to insert a picture (.jpg) using a function. I have a simple quote sheet setup for my customers and would like to insert a picture of the product next to the quote information. Is it possible to insert a picture based on what i enter as my product number?? I know this is a vague question, sorry. Someone help please!!! Try this link for a possible solution:- http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 -------------...