Need text/detail of appointments in Word doc for non-Outlook users

Dear All,

Further to and concurrent with my enquiries about missing information in
appointments, I also need to share the entire holiday schedule with my Mum,
sister and cousin.  They do not have Outlook.  They do have Word.  My idea
was to email them a Word document containing the holiday schedule.

I searched your help database and could only find references to techniques
which embedded an icon which then opened the Outlook calendar.

I need to dump the entire subject, text/notes and dates contained in
approximately 20 appointments so that they can be informed of our schedule.
How do I do that, please?

Excel would be an alternative program, but I am not sure how it would print
out at their end.  My sister and Mum are not very computer-able, they have to
be able to see the whole information as easily as possible.

Regards
Glenys
0
MrsGChew (8)

Do you want a printed list or a calendar format?

Calendar format: try one of the word templates here:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp

Printed list:
Basic method: http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/copyto/excel.htm
Add the fields  to the view that you need and when you paste into word, use
Paste Special, as text.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"Mrs G Chew" <MrsGChew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> Further to and concurrent with my enquiries about missing information in
> appointments, I also need to share the entire holiday schedule with my
> Mum,
> sister and cousin.  They do not have Outlook.  They do have Word.  My idea
> was to email them a Word document containing the holiday schedule.
>
> I searched your help database and could only find references to techniques
> which embedded an icon which then opened the Outlook calendar.
>
> I need to dump the entire subject, text/notes and dates contained in
> approximately 20 appointments so that they can be informed of our
> schedule.
> How do I do that, please?
>
> Excel would be an alternative program, but I am not sure how it would
> print
> out at their end.  My sister and Mum are not very computer-able, they have
> be able to see the whole information as easily as possible.
>
> Regards
> Glenys

0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/27/2009 11:47:53 AM
Thank you, Diane, I will look at those as soon as I get a break.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you want a printed list or a calendar format?
>
> Calendar format: try one of the word templates here:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp
>
> Printed list:
> Basic method: http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/copyto/excel.htm
> Add the fields  to the view that you need and when you paste into word, use
> Paste Special, as text.
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>
> "Mrs G Chew" <MrsGChew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Further to and concurrent with my enquiries about missing information in
> > appointments, I also need to share the entire holiday schedule with my
> > Mum,
> > sister and cousin.  They do not have Outlook.  They do have Word.  My idea
> > was to email them a Word document containing the holiday schedule.
> >
> > I searched your help database and could only find references to techniques
> > which embedded an icon which then opened the Outlook calendar.
> >
> > I need to dump the entire subject, text/notes and dates contained in
> > approximately 20 appointments so that they can be informed of our
> > schedule.
> > How do I do that, please?
> >
> > Excel would be an alternative program, but I am not sure how it would
> > print
> > out at their end.  My sister and Mum are not very computer-able, they have
> > be able to see the whole information as easily as possible.
> >
> > Regards
> > Glenys

0
MrsGChew (8)
7/27/2009 12:18:01 PM
If this goes along with the other thread, I don't think either of these will
work, unfortunately.  your best bet is to try an export from outlook to
excel and see if the Notes fields contain data. If not, you'll need to get
it off the phone in an different format - maybe forwarding the appointment
to address will work (assuming the phone supports that option).

--

> Thank you, Diane, I will look at those as soon as I get a break.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Do you want a printed list or a calendar format?
>>
>> Calendar format: try one of the word templates here:
>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp
>>
>> Printed list:
>> Basic method: http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/copyto/excel.htm
>> Add the fields  to the view that you need and when you paste into word,
>> use
>> Paste Special, as text.
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>>
>> "Mrs G Chew" <MrsGChew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Dear All,
>> >
>> > Further to and concurrent with my enquiries about missing information
>> > in
>> > appointments, I also need to share the entire holiday schedule with my
>> > Mum,
>> > sister and cousin.  They do not have Outlook.  They do have Word.  My
>> > idea
>> > was to email them a Word document containing the holiday schedule.
>> >
>> > I searched your help database and could only find references to
>> > techniques
>> > which embedded an icon which then opened the Outlook calendar.
>> >
>> > I need to dump the entire subject, text/notes and dates contained in
>> > approximately 20 appointments so that they can be informed of our
>> > schedule.
>> > How do I do that, please?
>> >
>> > Excel would be an alternative program, but I am not sure how it would
>> > print
>> > out at their end.  My sister and Mum are not very computer-able, they
>> > have
>> > be able to see the whole information as easily as possible.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Glenys

0
outlookmvp (5838)
7/27/2009 2:52:06 PM
Hi Diane,

Thank you for your input on both threads.

No, this version/phone doesn't let me send the appointments except as MMS
messages (multimedia).  I am in contact with the WM forum to find out how to
print directly.

Please excuse me, my husband is just trying out some other fixes...

Regards

Glenys

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> If this goes along with the other thread, I don't think either of these will
> work, unfortunately.  your best bet is to try an export from outlook to
> excel and see if the Notes fields contain data. If not, you'll need to get
> it off the phone in an different format - maybe forwarding the appointment
> to address will work (assuming the phone supports that option).
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>
> "Mrs G Chew" <MrsGChew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you, Diane, I will look at those as soon as I get a break.
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you want a printed list or a calendar format?
> >>
> >> Calendar format: try one of the word templates here:
> >> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp
> >>
> >> Printed list:
> >> Basic method: http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/copyto/excel.htm
> >> Add the fields  to the view that you need and when you paste into word,
> >> use
> >> Paste Special, as text.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
> >> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
> >>
> >> "Mrs G Chew" <MrsGChew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MrsGChew (8)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

New to excel

recurring appointments
Can I / How do I change a recurring appointment from a specific point forward? IOW I want to change the name and possible the category, but not the time slot. it seems that changing the name at one point of a series changes it it in ALL dates past present and future. thanks "GAK" <GAK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94FDF77B-6591-4B7B-AD66-79A7AE7F8BAB@microsoft.com... > Can I / How do I change a recurring appointment from a specific point > forward? > > IOW I want to change the name and possible the category, but not the t...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

Users ability to Manage Groups

cannot open hyper links in outlook

I need a macro

outlook 97 and express email problems

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...