Need help to disable "Reply All" to messages

I am an Outlook 2000 user (not admin) and need help to disable "Reply All''
to my messages.

Microsoft solution # 197544 did not work (method 2 using forms did not
work).  URL is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197544.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.  Thanks,  Bill

0
Lall (1)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:33:06 -1000, Bill Lall <Bill
<Lall@discussions.microsoft.com>> wrote:

> I am an Outlook 2000 user (not admin) and need help to disable "Reply
> All''
> to my messages.

You probably can't.  Only way I can think of for an Outlook 2000 user (not
admin) would be to send separate messages - that way each message will
only have one recipient.

In Outlook 2003 you could probably use Digital Rights Management to
configure reply options; though I haven't tried it lately.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

If you are the originator of the message use the Bcc field instead of
the To field when sending your original message.  This way individual
recipients will not be able to see who the other recipients are and
will not have a Reply All option, they will only be able to reply to
you.

Hope this helps.

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:28:40 -1000, Chris
<chris.a.mitchell@btinternet.com> wrote:

> If you are the originator of the message use the Bcc field instead of
> the To field when sending your original message.

Yes, I'd forgotten about BCC as an option for this.  Good solution.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Do not include main receiever emal address in reply all
I'm using Outlook 2007 and have an issue that when I "reply all" to an email sent to me my email address is included as a new recipient. How do I configure Outlook to not include my email address as one of the recipient? Thanks Jeff... When you have more than one e-mail address for yourself, Outlook does not "know" which one of your addresses is the one that sent the e-mail so it includes all of your addresses in the reply. It has always been like this since Outlook 97. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion ...

Hi, I have the following strange behaviour woth Outlook on Windows 2000: David forwards me an email, that he received from Bob. David also CCs Jack and Jill on the same forwarded email, but Bob is not on the CC list. When I hit Reply all, among the receivers is Bob! (Beside David, Jack and Jill, who should really get my reply.) Why does Bob get on my Reply all recipient list - if he was not among the receivers of his forwarded email, sent to me by David? Thanks! Nick I can not reproduce that here. Bob should not be in the reply-all if he was not on the CC or TO list of the message. ...

When i Reply All to an e-mail message, it always drops the original sender from the list. Has anyone experienced this before? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Cannot reply All
When I press "reply all", it reveals "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." ...

How to Avoid "Reply All" Mistakes in Outlook E-mail
We always have some goomba in the office reply to everyone when they reply to a universal e-mail. Is there anyway I can create a rule or warning box to stop my e-mail challenged colleagues avoid making an @$# out of themselves? It never helps your career when you send a reply to everyone in the office, especially when your comment is shows your ignorance. This problem happens when someone sends a universal announcement to everyone on the e-mail list, and the recipient hits "reply all", sending an e-mail back to everyone on the list, not just the person who originally sent it. May...

This has been happening for some time now and I can't figure out if it's just a setting that I have. First of all I am not an exchange client. This is strictly a pop3 account that I have set up on my Outlook. When I do a reply all to a message, me being the sender gets added to the list in the to field and I get a copy of the message that I just replied to. There is an article listed on MS Support site only pertaining to exchange clients. Does anyone have any insights. It just gets kind of annoying having to delete myself everytime I do a reply to all. Thanks. which version of...

Hi, I have a few 100 requests to join a forum on my website which were sent through Outlook with a simple "join" in the subject and detail of the message. I want to create a mailing reply group from all the adresses in this folder in Outlook 2003, how do I do it.? TIA John ...

I've confused with the reply-to-all function in Outlook (I’m currently using Outlook 2003): Case: An incoming email with many peoples (say, 4 different recipients) on to email address "TO" field (I'm one of them).... When I press "reply-to-all" button, my own email address will not appear on the replying list...... however, in some case, when I press reply-to-all, my email address is including on the replying list???? How come? I cannot figure out under what circumstance the reply-to-all function will/ will NOT including my email address? Does it related ...

"reply" and "reply all" with attachement
hello please tell me how i can set up outlook XP (2002) to obtain the following thing when i have an e-mail with attach and hit the "reply" or reply all" - the text of the original e-mail is shown in the message but the attachement is not when I forward the e-mail - everything is OK thanks bma19 wrote: > hello > please tell me how i can set up outlook XP (2002) to obtain the > following thing > when i have an e-mail with attach and hit the "reply" or reply all" - > the text of the original e-mail is shown in the message but the > attachem...

Sometimes Reply All sends to me?????
When I click Reply All on incoming mail - my address is NOT copied. When I click Reply All on sent mail - my address DOES copy. I would rather it did not - is there a way? Thanx. JDS You'll need to delete it, since you are the sender, it's logical to include the address in the reply - a similar happens if you hit reply on a sent item. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-...

Hi Mercur 3.3 on NT Microsoft Postoffice Outlook 2000 on 2000 Pro When users use the "Reply All" button in Outlook they receive the "No Transport Provider was available . . ." message. Tried Knowledge Base Article 197417. Every Step. Didn't work. Has anyone heard of this? Is there a fix? Any help will be appreciated. Hate telling users to reply and copy everyone manually. Thanks Penny ...

How do I stop 'Reply All' adding my address?
When I 'reply all' to an email, my address is added to the recipient list. I don't want to be included so how do I stop Outlook doing this? (My version is 2003) ...

Outlook Reply All question
Greetings, We are using a mixture of Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000. We have an internal msmail post office for internal email. Here is the problem: A user crafts an email and addresses it to internet email addresses & internal email addresses. The message is sent successfully. The recipient gets the email. Presses Reply-All and crafts a response. Sends the email at which point it pukes up errors about each of the internal email addresses. I have examined the headers of the sent email and it does have references to our internal email address. How do I elimate the addresses from the hea...

Can't Reply, Reply All or Forward using OWA
I can access my mailbox using OWA and could respond to messages up until a month or so ago. Now when I try to reply, I hear a beep and the web window that the e-mail was in disappears. The same question is posted below and is unanswered. That question wonders if it is connected to loading SP2 but I don't think I had loaded SP2 at the time this started. ...

Prevent Reply All or Forward not Working
MS Office online has a procedure to setup a user's Outl;ook 2003 e:mail so that a message sent cannot be forwarded by the recipient. The procedure is for networks NOT using IRM. I setup the custom form according to the procedure and worked with my IT staff to test. It does not work, either with REPLY ALL or Forward. Anyone tried this or have any ideas?? dave Admin ...

New, Reply, Reply All, etc are Grayed Out
One of users has a problem sending e-mails using Outlook 2003 on Win XP. She can receive mails but whenever she tries to create a new e-mail/reply to mail/forward mail, those buttons are grayed out. I was guessing that the user never activated Outlook & the trial period was expired. I have tried to activate thru the help menu tho, it did nothing. Also, I uninstalled the Office 2003 & reinstalled it, but no help. I have double check the SMTP setting & was nothing wrong. I created another profile, but same thing, still grayed out. the Send/Receive button is active, she can hit it. ...

When a user clicks on reply-all, I would like a pop-up window appear asking the user if they really want to reply to all the recipients. Can someone provide me an example on how to do this? I would be very grateful. Thanks You would do it with VBA. Try outlookcode.com or slipstick.com for examples and links to examples. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook ne...

Need help to disable "Reply All" to messages
I am an Outlook 2000 user (not admin) and need help to disable "Reply All'' to my messages. Microsoft solution # 197544 did not work (method 2 using forms did not work). URL is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197544. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thanks, Bill On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:33:06 -1000, Bill Lall <Bill <Lall@discussions.microsoft.com>> wrote: > I am an Outlook 2000 user (not admin) and need help to disable "Reply > All'' > to my messages. You probably can't. Only way I can think of for an Outlook 20...

Email: Reply All w/ BCC
I've discovered that if there is an email in the history with a BCC recipient, a "reply all" will generate an error. The only way to work around this is to reply and then add the other recipients individually. Can anybody confirm this or have any additional insight? ...

if i reply all will a person bcc'd get my reply?
if i reply all will a person who was bcc'd get my reply? gee wrote: > if i reply all will a person who was bcc'd get my reply? No, because your e-mail client doesn't get the Bcc header to know what other "blind" copies were sent to recipients other than yourself. Either the sender chose not to divulge the e-mail addresses of all recipients or those recipients requested that their e-mail address be divulged to just anyone the sender wants to send their e-mails. When specifying multiple recipients in the To and/or Cc headers, all those recipients can see (and harvest...

I am replying to emails using the reply all button in Outlook 2003. When i click send i get a copy of the message sent back to me. Is there any way of making sure that everyone except me gets the message? Thanks -- Dave ...

I am looking for an add in that requires receipiants to REPLY ALL to the emails I send them. Or at least a popup box to remind them they should reply all. Many people have their outlook set to view the message and instead of opening it up, they just hit REPLY and don't look if others were included in the email. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kenlyn It can't be done automatically. I suggest your "signature" line request them to REPLY ALL. "Kenlyn" <sqabls@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1109301109.333221.58510@o13g2000cwo...

How to enable Reply all button in Microsoft office Outlook 2003
In Help menu-->About Microsoft-->Disabled Items list was empty. But reply all button in disable mode. So Please give solution for how to enable Reply all button in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 . Reply All is enabled by default. If it is disabled on your machine and = this is a machine where you work, then your employer has probably = disabled it for a reason and you will need to talk to them.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 ...

When clicking "reply all", sometimes I am copied on the message and I show up in the addressees, and sometimes I don't. I am very Office-literate and have tried to figure out where the program makes this determination, but haven't found it yet. Please help jrmills(delete)@utilitytelephone.com ...

Outlook form
Howdie, I have designed a form, that works in my existing environment. However the user needs to click "forward" rather than reply or reply to all. Is there anyway that I can change the properties of the button forward, to do the same as reply all - ie put all the receipients address onto the form.... ...