Need help plz! Unable to Send/Recv emails in OE.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just set up my Outlook Express
and I'm unable to Send/Recv emails which is strange because I already have
an msn.com email account which works perfectly but I wish to make OE my
default email and that doesn't work. Whenever I try to send an email or
press the Send/Recv button I keep getting these two error messages:

1: "The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'MSN
Mail Server', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp',
Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0"

2: "Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server.  Account: 'MSN Mail
Server', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp',
Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0"

I've looked everywhere for help, even reconfigured my
tools/account/properties settings and I still get the same response. Could
my mail server be URL be incorrect? How can I determine my mail server?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, John Zimmerman, Jonjon_Z@msn.com

0
Jonjon_Z (1)

MSN email seems to be having issues lately. persist with it and try an
Outlook Express News Group if the problem still happens.
"John Zimmerman" <Jonjon_Z@msn.com> wrote in message
> I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just set up my Outlook Express
> and I'm unable to Send/Recv emails which is strange because I already have
> an msn.com email account which works perfectly but I wish to make OE my
> default email and that doesn't work. Whenever I try to send an email or
> press the Send/Recv button I keep getting these two error messages:
>
> 1: "The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'MSN
> Mail Server', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp',
> Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0,
> Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0"
>
> 2: "Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server.  Account: 'MSN
> Mail
> Server', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp',
> Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0,
> Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0"
>
> I've looked everywhere for help, even reconfigured my
> tools/account/properties settings and I still get the same response. Could
> my mail server be URL be incorrect? How can I determine my mail server?
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Regards, John Zimmerman, Jonjon_Z@msn.com

0
BillR9171 (440)

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Help Required

Sending Email #6

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Need HELP! for Linking data

OE questions
Ok, I have two questions: 1. With Thunderbird I can use this with a hotkey manager to compose a new message with Tbird "D:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird \thunderbird.exe -compose" -- how can I do the same for Outlook Express and Outlook 2003? 2. When I go to load Outlook Express I get this error message, followed by the error message below it: http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x296/gwar_1/Untitled-3.png how can I fix this and use Outlook Express? Thanks! posted to the outlookexpress newsgroup via crosspost --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Re...

Help with Registration

Need to add to current formula

'Send immediately when connected' option in Outlook 2003
I'm using Outlook 2003 with a single profile which contains two accounts; a Microsoft Exchange Server account (for work email) and a POP3 account (for home email). I have two questions: In Tools/Options/Mail Setup there is a checkbox labeled 'Send immediately when connected'. If I uncheck this option, any email I send through my Exchange account sits in the outbox until I manually perform a send/receive. Is this normal? The option's label suggests (to me) that it applies *only* when starting up Outlook (a bit like Outlook Express's 'Send and receive messages at startup...