Need help, pls, with contacts...

As I enter names in Outlook 2000, I would like their title to appear before
their name in both the contact listing AND when I send an email..
example...

Dr. Joe Smith... instead of just Joe Smith..

And having to click 'Full Name' to reveal the title of Dr.

Also, is their a way to add additional titles to the dropdown list?  I also
deal with religious that use Sr. (Sister) and Fr. (Father), as well as
Deacon...

Thank You!

--
B'Regards,

Vinnie

0
vinrin57 (46)

Need to return dates that are > that one year ago
I am building a database that will track employee training. I need to know how to build an expression that will return only those employees who's training is out of date. Meaning that their training date is more than 365 days old. I also have to return employees who's license has expired. I enter the date that their license is renewed and now I need to run a list of all that are greater than one year from last renewed date. KellyDale wrote: >I am building a database that will track employee training. I need to know >how to build an expression that will return only thos...

Help with word Macro
I'm in need of a macro to help me format upwards of 10000 word files. I have the two macros I will need to format each word doc, but I would like to automate this further by running it on a directory (including sub-directories). I'm not very familar with VBA so I'm stumbling through it. these reports will either have 4 or 5 inline images and each will have to be treated a little dirfferently. I have created the macros for those two situations. Sub ChooseMacro() ' ' Macro3 ChooseMacro ' Macro created 3/24/2010 by tith ' Determines which macro to ...

Need non-torrent link to Vista64 Recovery CD
For some reason Comcast is not allowing me to download torrents so I've been googling for a direct link to the Vista64 recovery CD but the few I've come across are for x32 or are unspecified. I'd like someone to point me to a non-torrent download to the x64 version. Thanks. P.S. COMCAST RECENTLY WON A LAWSUIT THAT WAS FILED AGAINST THEM BY THE U.S.D.O.J. WHICH SEEKED 2 IMPOSE NETNEWTRALITY ON THEM, AS A RESULT COMCAST IS ALLOWED 2 BLOCK TORRENTS AS STATED BY A FEDERAL JUDGE! "M.L." wrote: > > For some reason Comcast is not allowing me to downloa...

Default Contact List OL-2003
How do I change the default Contact List accessed under "Show Names from the:" section after Clicking on the "To:" option while creating a new Message in Outlook 2003? Open the Address Book, then Tools->Options and set your preferred list from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Joseph asked: | How do I change the default Contact List accessed under "Show Names | from the:"...

Powershell Help
Hi Guys. I have the following requirement that i need help with. We have a public FTP folder, that needs to be cleaned out everyday. This folder contains files and sub folders. Currently what i need is a script that goes through the entire FTP folder and subfolders and only deletes files older than 31 days. Once that is complete the next script should go through the entire FTP folder and deletes empty folders. The script that i'm busy with does not help me at all. #Sets variable Date to current date $Date=get-date #Sets Date variable back 14 days $Date=$Date.A...

Do I need to run this process in separate thread?
I have a C# project with one form. A single button starts a process, and it runs for about five minutes, iterating through a number of tests. During that time, the form blanks out (turns gray) and, if I click on the form, the title box reads (Not responding). When the process is finished, it returns. On the form, I have placed a label, and the underlying code puts the value of the current iteration so I can watch its progress from 1-N iterations. However, as the form blanks out, I can't see the values increment. I suspect that I should run the process on a separate threa...

Display account in customerid when contact is chosen in responsibl
Hi, On the case form, I want to achieve the following behaviour : 1. Limit the customer to accounts (no contacts) -> ok 2. When the user chooses an account as customer, filter the responsible contacts lookup field -> ok 3. When the user chooses a contact in the responsible contact field, display automatically in the customer lookup field the account that contact is related to. I don't know how to do that. Can you help? Thanks! I'm assuming by you "OK" that you have the necessary JScript to accomplish this? If so, the easiest thing would be using additional JScr...

Help!!!
As the last part of the process of taking our network to native mode before starting the upgrade process from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange Server 2000, I applied Service Pack 4 to all my servers. (Something I needed to do on the one day that the critical servers were not needed since we were dark.) No problems with any of the other servers, but when the Exchange Server restarted, it failed with a corrupted Exchange directory. Looking at the event logs, it appears as if the system tried to do a reindex of a secondary pointer index as a result of the upgrade (informational event 174). It ...

workflow designer needs improvement
It's a real pain to modify existing workflow. It would be nice to be able to drag and drop existing workflow lines, shuffling them around and more easily insert if-then-else code after the fact. The entire workflow designer needs to be revamped. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agr...

CRM 4.0 client freezing on opening a contact.
We are noticing a problem with the Dynamics CRM 4.0 outlook client and web client hanging sporadically from both the web client and outlook client when opening a contact entity record. For some users, the whole system freezes for approximately three minutes at which point an error message is displayed(see below). In the meantime, other users can access the system fine. After the error message the system works fine for that user. I have discovered that the users suffering from this problem have the CRM format option set to English (United Kingdom). Users who are set to English (U...

Matching and Vlookups HELP
I have just used some vlookups to find some information on a Unique ID. Unfortunely each week a few of these ID's are delelted and some are added- so a vlookup can not find information pretaining to them. The good news is that the data is sorted in such a way that when a vlookup returns a NA, b/c it can't find info on the related to the ID, that all data above it is what i need. For instance, After running a Vlookup i left with: ID's Region Location 1 NY NYC *Note: ID's 2,4, and 5 are new and therefore the 2 NA ...

Help with inserting lines
I have cells in column A where it is written "Account" in some cells. what i want is that upon finding "Account" in cell A it inserts a lin below it and then find another text " Account" please help and another macro which upon finding "Customer" in column deletes tha entire ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro for inserting rows Sub insert_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If l...

Trying to send distribution list. I follow instruction on help me
I tried help index, and followed instructions; the word " item" will not appear in the "insert" menu. I can't sen a distribution It's there. State your Outlook version and editor if you can't find it so we can tell you where it is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jchick6942" <jchick6942@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B9ADD0C-CE2A-4143-911D-E4F91E5419A4@microsoft.com... >I tried help index, and followed instructions; the word " item" will not > appear in the "insert" menu. I can't sen a dis...

Clicking on "Help" in Word 2007 results in a blank help window.
Instead of the online help displaying as it should, the content of the Help window is completely blank. The user reports this happened quite a while back, so doing a System Restore would be shooting in the dark. Is there some registry change to make to get this working as it should? ...

Deleting Contact and Calendar folders
I have imported old .pst files, and now have contact and calendar folders that I would like to delete. Some allowed deletion, but others are grayed out. I am signed on as administrator. How can I get rid of these? Also, how can I import a .ost Outlook file? -- SRJ Strange; your other post states that you lost your outlook files "SRJ" <SRJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D20546D7-3463-4046-B482-89C23D463089@microsoft.com... >I have imported old .pst files, and now have contact and calendar folders > that I would like to delete. Some ...

CRM 3.0 Add Account address to contacts
Hello, Im new to CRM and SQL server. We have a fairly large (too large for me to sit there and do this manually) database. Unfortunately most of the contacts have been added to CRM under Contacts > new contact. Instead of the Account being opened and then the new contacts added via the "new contacts" button. (Which adds the account details to the contact) This means that most of the Contacts do not have their Accounts address details. Is there a way (probably an SQL statement on the SQL server?) to add Account address details to all contacts associated to the account...

Import Contacts from Outlook 04-22-05
Hi, we imported all contacts from Outlook via SFO. He saw that it worked. After that, we deleted those contacts from CRM. Then he wanted to import them again wich is not possible because when the import was started, he saw that there were 0 contacts to import, while in the Outlook contacts are still 260 items. How can we import the Outlook contacts for the 2nd time? Tnx, Erik ...

Home Server
Hi, We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and I have a Exchange 2003 server installed in mixed mode. I used ADUC created a user and its associated mailbox in Exchange 2003. The ADC replicated the mailbox information to the 5.5 directory and I can see it from my 5.5 server. I sent an email from a mailbox still in 5.5 to the Exchange 2003 mailbox and get a bounce back message saying that the name is not been recognized. I tried sending from the Exchange 2003 mailbox to the 5.5 mailbox and there is no problem. Then I discovered that the Home Server for the Exchange 2003...

help me regarding MFC #2
hi all i am the new mwmber of this group i have a test on sdk and mfc for a software company and i am starter for these things plsease help me by suggesting what should i read to clear this test on MFC and sdk test will be objective type and contain basics of SDK and MFC plssssss tell me what should i read for it becaz i have only 3 days left regards abhilash agarwal ...

I need an hourglass symbol for my word document
I have looked through the symbols section in microsoft word and cannot find one, I cvannot use clipart as it is for another document Wingdings has an hourglass character. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Mints" <Mints@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB3AA679-6F5B-44E1-91BA-C1CEDD19A561@microsoft.com... >I have looked through the symbols section in microsoft word and cannot find > one, I cvannot use clipart as it is for another document ...

Adding to Contacts
I have a folder with several hundred email messages. Is there a quick and easy way to add the email addresses to my contact list? Outlook 2000 No. However, if you check a couple of websites and the programming groups, perhaps someone has come up with code to do this for you. It will require that you write code to step through that folder to extract the addresses in a form that can be added to your contacts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal accoun...

Solved: "Error importing to Windows contacts"
Hi, I wanted to post the solution to a strange problem I worked on, on a friend's computer running Vista... we were trying to import Outlook Express 6 contacts (from another machine) into Windows Mail on Vista. Went through the usual export/import procedure using a .wab file, and here's what would happen: the import would start, and would pop up a warning about a contact that didn't have an e-mail address; after I clicked OK on that, it would appear to scan in a few more contacts; then it would show this message: "Error importing to Windows Contacts" with no further e...

Unresolved Contacts on Appointments
I am receiving strange behavior with the CRM resolving contacts for appointments. If I create an appointment and invite nobody (i.e. I am the organizer but no atendees) and then track in CRM, it works fine. Appointment goes into the CRM and I am set as the Owner and Organizer and there are no required atendees. If I create another appointment and invite 1 person who is a user (not a contact) and then track in CRM I receive an error indicating that "No resources have been selected for this activity" and asks me if i want to continue. I click yes so it pushes it into the CRM...

Cannot Delete Contacts .... [WILDPACKET]
She is member of Account Opertors, Server Operators, Domain Users and Exchange Services. She logs on to the server and cannot delete any e-mail contact. She can create and delete users/mailboxes. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. are the contacts in an OU where she doesn't have sufficient privilege to do so? "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46078EF9-52D8-4DCA-A647-3B566D795851@microsoft.com... > She is member of Account Opertors, Server Operators, Domain Users and > Exchange Services. > > She logs on to the server and ...

Public Contacts Folder
I have users who have edit permissions on a public contact folder. They can create new contacts and Edit some contacts, BUT there are some records they cannot edit. It says they don't have permission. Obviously certain records have different permissions. How can I fix permissions at the record contact level? -- Dale Bechtel It Admin, Becica Associates LLC Mt. Laurel, Nj You can update the item level permissions using the pfdavadmin utility. "Dale Bechtel" <dbechtel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BF6B1C5-CEA2-41C6-ACC2-0239A3AE3909@microsoft.com.....