Need assist from an MVP!

Microsoft recently provided me with the post sp1 hotfix for Outlook 2003
(KB839629).  In that same article it talks about needing to perform some
required registry changes after the hotfix is installed.  The article
includes a link to these instructions (KB867807).  This link is broken and
when i do a search for the article ID it doesn't turn up anything!

Can anyone help me out?  Is this something Microsoft needs to be aware of?
Applying the original hotfix didn't resolve the issue so i *really* need to
find out what the required registry changes are.

Thanks!

0
jim3476 (230)

You should be able to go right back to Microsoft PSS under the same case
number and report that the fix did not resolve the issue.  While working
with the technician, make sure you inform them about the problem with the
dead link.

"jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft recently provided me with the post sp1 hotfix for Outlook 2003
> (KB839629).  In that same article it talks about needing to perform some
> required registry changes after the hotfix is installed.  The article
> includes a link to these instructions (KB867807).  This link is broken and
> when i do a search for the article ID it doesn't turn up anything!
>
> Can anyone help me out?  Is this something Microsoft needs to be aware of?
> Applying the original hotfix didn't resolve the issue so i *really* need
> find out what the required registry changes are.
>
> Thanks!

0
neo7948 (622)

Need help with SQL tables
After running a security reconcile sa was no longer a user in GP. I received the answer below about re-adding it, but I don't know how to add a userid in to a table. I can't find anything on knowledgebase about this. We don't have the SQL Enterprise Manager but use the SQL 2005 Management Studio Express. Can anyone help me? I just need to know the script that will add it to these tables. Thanks. Tracey D "Therefore it will be just a matter of adding 'sa' USERID into the following tables in DYNAMICS database as a minimum. Once added, use ano...

Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...
I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca someone please guide me on how this may be done... I was thinking: i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of, ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart with all the frills from data exported from excel, iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t already created excel charts, iv. something else. My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of report i am writting. An...

Need Help to create Summary sheet.
Hello: I'm working on Excel2000. In one excel file i have one sheet "MasterData" as show below: ********************************** EMP_CD WORK_DT WORK_HRS ----------------------------------------------------- ASH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 MAN 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 1 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 RXK 8/25/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NSH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 ASH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/26/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 ********************************** Now, I need to create summary sheet (New Sheet) in same file , whic will show...

Out of Office Assistant #15
I am running Office 2000. I am trying to turn the Out Of Office Assist on but when i go to tools menu and select OOOA, i get a message 'This command is unavailable, see program documentation on to use this extension'. We are running the MS Exchange Server information service within the profile and i have tried recreating the Outlook profile but i am still getting the same message. Can anyone help please? Thanks Laura ...

need help with formula #2
how to write a formula? if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply difference by 33 add together -- Kerri Where do I find the difference "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply > difference by 33 add together > -- > Kerri See Help for "IF worksheet function" I can't be more specific without a better description of the alternative calculations. Jerry "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell ...

Need help creating macros
Hi there, For whatever reason when our system compiles data into Excel 2003 it creates a worksheet that looks like this (for example): Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple Green Green Green Blue Blue Blue Blue Red Red Red Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Orange Orange Orange Brown Brown Brown Brown Teal Teal Teal Black Black Black Black Grey Grey ...

Assistance request with Transaction.DropAmount
I have been tasked with making an addition to the status.htm that will display a notification when the cash in the drawer has reached a particular value. I'm familiar with HTML and VB Script, but I've been going over the customization guide provided by MS and I'm a bit lost. The syntax that I see doesn't appear to be working for me or perhaps I just forgot how to do things. If anyone has any advice on how to access the values of Transaction.DropAmount or the value of cash in the cash drawer, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Andrew Handerson ...

Need help w/ formula
Is there a formula that will change another cells information w/o having a formula in that particular cell. For instance, the IF(N5=Removed" then J5=0) without putting a formula in j5? No. A cell formula cannot change another cell. You can write code to react to value changes in cell N5 and the *code* can change the value in J5 "Todd Nelson" wrote: > Is there a formula that will change another cells information w/o having a > formula in that particular cell. For instance, the IF(N5=Removed" then J5=0) > without putting a formula in j5? No, you cannot ...

Need Help creating a formula****PLEASE
I am a manager in a big office where agents log into their phones to get calls. We keep track of how many minutes an agent is "logged off" of their phone system. I would like to be able to have a formula to use in Excel to speed up the calculations for this info. Here is what the info looks like that I am given and what I need to calculate: Sunday, December 03, 2006 Agent Login Time Logout Time # of minutes logged out Doe, Jane 6:58am 8:51am (need to find # minutes from 9:39am-8:51am) Doe, Jane 9:39am ...

Need help with creating rules for autoresponce
Hi, I been trying to learn how to make an automatic replies with outlook. I looked at some tutorials, but it seems that I'm missing some functions. I can't find the "replay with message" action, the closest thing it gives me is a "reply using a specific template". So I try to make a template, but I don't have the option to save as a .oft. I even tried changing the extention of my word file to .oft, but it just turns it into a blank e-mail. I am currently using office 2003 pro. Any help would me greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced there are steps h...

activies need to roll up from sub-accounts to accounts
activities associated with an account need to rollup through all parent accounts above. Jerry http://www.iBizInitiatives.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?m...

Export Rules Assistant
Does anyone know how to find out what public folders have rules assistants applied to them? I have tried pfinfo.exe and exmerge, but I can;t get the information. ...

NEED HELP: Who are MBS Partner here?
To prepare the MBS CRM exam, I need the courseware download from Microsoft Website. I email the MBS, they gave me a link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/training/materials/ But I can’t login, it says:” The email address you entered was not found in our records. Please check the email address and try again.” Could anyone please directly send me the courseware to prepare the exams? Thanks a lot! Jim Hi Jim That link takes you to a list of the available courseware. You must then order the courseware through a Microsoft Partner, so you best bet is to contact a Learning Soluti...

Letter Writing Assistant Error #3
When we try and print a letter in the letter writing program we receive a Header Record Delimiters error. It is asking for a field delimiter and a record delimiter. How do we correct this error. This was working correctly a couple weeks ago, and it works correctly on other machine sin the office, any thoughts or suggestions on how to correct this issue? Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? ...

Need advice on 5.5 migration
Our current setup is all NT4 servers and I am running Exch 5.5. My boss wants a whole new domain created for new servers that we will be getting that will be running 2003 server and exchange 2003 (current servers are too outdated for an upgrade). I have set this up in a test environment and created the trusts and ran the ADMT and things ran fairly smoothly except password issues but that may be another post later. My question is which is the best way to approach this from an Exchange standpoint? Should the 2003 join the existing site or should I create a new exchange site for the 2003?...

Formula needed #2
Right all you clever people, I need a formula for my tax spreadsheet who can help me? I'm doing my mileage. I can claim back 40p a mile for the first 4,00 miles, then 25p a mile after that. I've been using this formula for the 40p a mile: =D75*0.4 (D75 bein the "total miles" cell) Fairly straightforward, but how do I make it so it adds 0.4 for th first 4,000 then 0.25 for everything after that. Is this possible? Thanks in advance -- dancingbear7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dancingbear72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.co...

Need WAN0distributed filesystem... Groove Server?
I have a client with a workforce that are geographically distributed, and as such, doesn't have a single office where all users are located. They have a few servers, including an AD domain, and we have been using the Frontpage Server Extensions of IIS5 (Server 2k3) on their data server to share files over the WAN, but Windows 7 and the newest version of Mac OS X don't appear to be working properly with the (admittedly cheesy) FPSE solution. The way they were doing it, they just added a "My Network Place" to their XP installations that pointed to http://server....

Need help storing all my emails before i redo my pc outlook 2003
i have microsoft outlook 2003 on windows xp i need to redo my pc but i dont want to loose my emails and contacts and I have too many things stored in files it'sjust too many things to move one by one thanks iris The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "IrisR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a1b901c434bd$d94a3940$a...

HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC?
Does HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC, otherwise after calling the CTREECTRL member function, the variable's value will be changed? Thanks for your answer. >Does HTREEITEM variables need to be defined as STATIC, otherwise after >calling the CTREECTRL member function, the variable's value will be >changed? Generally the answer is no, but it'd be clearer if you showed some example code that you're worrying about. Dave ...

Need help with Multi-workbook COUNTIF formula!!
I have monthly worksheets that use drop down boxes to pick criteria from lists. The linked cell outputs a number based on what the chosen criteria was in the drop down box. Currently I use this outputted number on a summary sheet with a COUNTIF formula ie COUNTIF(Sept!$R$3:$R$200,2) to summarize monthly info. I would like to generate yearly info instead without having to generate monthly totals first. Is there a formula that can use both ranges - Jan:Dec and $R$3:$R$200 - with the criteria of the linked cell ie. 2? ...

New comp. running XP; NEED Publisher from 98SE; How?
HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. ASAP? I have 2 newsletters for my church that I can't work on until I get this straightened out! Cheryl Smith <Cheryl Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED > Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. Publisher does not come with any version of Windows, it is a separate application. The Publisher that is/was on the ...

need help with payees
On the "spending by payee" report page, it tells me I have 26 transactions, totalling $0 that don't have assigned payee names. All of these transactions are transfers to and from certain accounts. (i'm talking only about transfers here) for example, I transfer $200 "to" my cash account each week. On the"assign payee" page, it shows that transaction twice -- once going 'into' cash, and once going 'out' of checking. Does each occurence of that transaction need a payee? And, who is the payee? And what about other transfers, like from s...

simple (i think) UDF debug help needed
This is my first time writing a new UDF :) The error reported by debug is: "Block IF without End IF" the highlight is on "next i" Function con_check(con_old, con_now) Dim i As Integer Dim targ As Integer Dim hit As Integer Dim roll As Integer If con_old < con_now Then For i = 1 To con_count hit = hit + 1 If hit < 3 Then targ = 1 + hit If 3 < hit < 6 Then targ = hit + 6 If hit > 5 Then myCell.Value = "DEAD" End If End If...

X axis needed for Line Chart
-- FL ...

I need a bezier curve the example? Who may provide? Extremely thank!
I need a bezier curve the example? Who may provide? Extremely thank! ...