Narrative Box In New Message...

Good day to all,

Here's my problem. I connect to two different Web Access servers to retrieve
email at times. One server is running Outlook 2000 and the other 2003.
Although I have had no problems doing this in the past from my laptop, one
fine day, I was unable to write narrative in the message window. If I open a
"new message", "reply" or "forward", the message box opens but the narrative
box is gray, has the small x on the top left and I cannot type in it. This
only happens from my laptop. I don't know if it matters but I run W2K and
Office 2000 Professional. I should note that if I open Outlook and go to new
message, the narrative box is okay. I tried to repair Office 2000 with no
luck. I upgraded to Office 2003, also with no luck. I have gone into IE
(6.0...) and restored default settings, deleted cookies, temp internet files
and objects and restored any and all defaults in IE. Still no luck. Also,
when I try to reply or forward the mail (without narrative), I get "the page
could not be found" error message and the email does not go through. If I do
a new email, the message gets delivered, just no ability to type narrative.

Any ideas would be greatly welcome at this point
0
P (87)

intelligent message filter moving everything to junk mail
i recently upgraded to exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 server and installed the intelligent message filter. no matter what i set the scl rating threshold for gateway blocking or store junk email configuration (in global settings/message delivery), every message that is sent from an external source gets automatically dumped into the junk e-mail folder in outlook. but when a message is sent from the same exchange box to another user on the same exchange, its fine. i also installed a utility that views the archived messages, but that utility shows a blank SCL rating. maybe thats why its ending ...

Outlook keeps fetching new headers
Outlook keeps fetching new headers daily at the same time, this usally errors out with The UID of a message changed unexpectedly. I have looked for Rules or filters that may cause this, but found nothing. Has anyone ever seen this problem ...

2003 wont send new mail from default account
I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my other account. This even happens when i select the account from within the new mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non default account.. How do i sort this as it is really annoying.. On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote: > I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1...

Set message subject here ...
I use excel to store my audio cd information, i have a big collection of music cds I have it like Column A = Currently blank Column B = Artist Column C = Track Column D = Cd Name Then say a cd as 10 tracks then it will be 10 Rows containing artist, track name, cd name etc. What i would like if it is possible so far i do it manually but would like it easier etc. Where i drag down column A and it will automatically number each cd for me, it would be similar to this... 0001 / Prince / Alphabet Street / Greatest Hits 0001 / Prince / 1999 / Greatest Hits 0002 / Madon...

Error adding new contact from inside an account
When trying to add a new contact from inside an account the crm server throws an error. I am thinking this is an issue with the account to contact mapping, but when I try to view the relationship mapping under the contact entity the "mapping" option does not appear. -- Jesse Jesse, Please verify your server is fully patched and that you have restarted it. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP "jmcelmury" <jmcelmury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B0A285-21DE-48BD-BF9F-49763E2E56CC@microsoft.com... > When trying to add a new contact from inside...

moving Exchange 2003 mailboxes from multiple domains to one new do
My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My compnay has Exchange servers in three different d...

Entourage message
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Sometimes, not always or often, when I click on a new message received to open the message - it appears as blank. If i close entourage and then reopen it and click the message it opens fine- any reason for this and can I prevent it Thanks ...

New MicroSoft OFFICE: mac user
Hi I've just loaded the program; am in the process of switching over my old word processing. 1) friends are having trouble "reading" my "doc" attachments 2) I cannot light up & drag & drop more than a page of text. This is my preferred method due to low skills levels in some of my friends. Doubtless, I'm doing something wrong. My question is: what am I screwing up? thanks DM In article <1c3f801c4524d$d5370a10$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Dennis M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I've just loaded the program; am...

Moving public folders on Exchange 5.5 to a new server in the same site.
All, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the public folders over to the public store on the new server? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- "Fast Eddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam.com> wrote in news:#1VO4cH$DHA.4072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the > orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the publ...

Unwanted Warning Pop-up message.
I am running outlook 2002. I have some code in VB Scritp that automatically sends a cc to another email address. But every time I send a message, a warning box pops up and says, "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this? I this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose NO. " Is there any way to have my messages sent to the cc without that message popping up every time? Please let me know. Thanks. Michael msalama@chefmerito.com Questions regarding the Outlook Security prompt are asked very frequen...

Combo boxes and linked ranges
I have created a spread sheet for printing and storing dog show information I have created a combo box to call up the various show venues from a named range. Is it possible to somehow link the 'secretary', 'address etc' columns to appear in the appropriate postions as indicted on the screen shot Ted Cullen [image: http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/reviver/excel.jpg] --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Yes, it's is. Use VLOOKUP function for it. With additional information in adjacent columns to show venues list (from where you defined the named range...

Outbox messages unable to be sent
On using MS Office Outlook 2003. whilst sending a message through Outbox the does not get sent. Inbox works okay. Is it the SMTP settings even though on checking the Test Testings in tools Email accounts, everthing is okay. Very confusing. Did download new Window upgrades from MS about the same times and Adobe Acrobat 7. Has thiks had an effect. I like using MS Office Outlook 2003 - its professional compared to MS OE6. Was told to download Mozilla Thunderbird but found this amateurish and similar to OE6, and it couldn't even recognise my new and main ISP email address! Hence my de...

New discussion to increment the count, bwahahah
yeah ...

standard color dialog box inside another dialog box
Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to place a standard color dialog box inside another dialog box? I'm using the MFC library. Any snippets of code are welcomed. Pawel ...

Copying to new sheet
Hi, I have 12 WORKBOOKS (not worksheet) all the same and you can mak entires into them of stock. I also have a master workbook - exactly the same as the 12 others. Is there a way of copying whatever someone enters into any one of th 12 into the master one automaticaly? for example, i enter something into book 1 and book 6 and then i loo at the master one and it's been updates for me with those entrie aswell. many thanks, Simon. :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have linked the master workbook to the others with formulas thi should automatically oc...

Export "Received" timestamp from Outlook Messages
I am trying to build a database that will track responses to and from an email group. I would like to export the timestamp in the "Received" or "Sent" fields. The standard export feature in Outlook does not include these fields. Does anybody have a suggestion on how I can capture these fields in my export file. Thanks, Ken ...

Change Label based on Two Combo Boxes
Hi, I currently have this code in AfterUpdate event for Combo2, hoping it would change label1, but it does not work. : If Me.Combo1.Value = "State" And Me.Combo2.Value = "2008" Or "2007" Or "2006" Then Me.Label1.Caption = "Select a State:" ElseIf Me.Combo1.Value = "City" And Me.Combo2.Value = "2009" Or "2010" Or "2011" Then Me.Label1.Caption = "Select a City:" Else Me.Label1.Caption = "Select a Number:" End If The label does not change when I make changes to the combo...

messages of a paste of the outlook
because I don't get to catch all the messages of a paste of the outlook using that part code For Each MailMsg In objFolder.Items Debug.Print strEmailBody Next for could diffuse I have to do a count first in the items oh yes he to catch all the messages ...

Outlook 2000 leaves messages in outbox when sent
I have a user with Windows XP Pro SP3, and Office 2000 Pro. Both are fully updated, including Office 2000 SP3. For some reason, whenever she sends a message in her Outlook, it shows TWO messages in the outbox for each one she's sending, and leaves one of them behind, empty except for the recipient information. Any suggestions on how to fix this? "Detect and Repair" doesn't work because it says it can't find a source for Office 2000 SP1 (which is apparently the original installation.) I realize that Office 2000 is no longer even supported under the "extended" /...

Can't add new entries.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All of a sudden my Microsoft office won't let me make any new entries or = change any existing ones. I just get a message "Transaction can not be = entered". What can I do to let me make new entries? ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML...

Adding a new mailbox with ADC
Hi, What is the procedure for adding a new mailbox after ADC has been installed and before installing Exchange 2003? Do you use the Active directory users and computers that comes with Exchange 2003 to create a mailbox in the exchange 5.5 directory? Or do you create the mailbox in exchange 5.5 and link it to the active directory account? Thanks, Luc Cross posted *I* would use Exchange 5.5 and let ADC replicate the directory information until Exchange 2003 was actually installed. Luc Vandros wrote: > Hi, > What is the procedure for adding a new mailbox after ADC has been install...

Error Uploading New Report -CRM 3.0
I am having trouble loading new reports to CRM 3.0 Using: Win2K3 SBS Ent. with SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0. Sharepoint Installed After reinstalling failed SQL 2000-2k5 UPGRADE and Failed CRM1.2 to 3.0 upgrade, I now have SQL 2005 with CRM 3.0 successfully (or so I think) installed. After loading existing CRM Reports ...\Microsoft CRM\Reports\MSCRM into SQL Biz Intell. and changing the Datasource. The report works. I save the new built report and try to upload to CRM and receive ERROR UPLOADING REPORT in CRM. Any Ideas why this is happening? DEBUG REPORT ----- (web.config deverrors = on) Exc...

Security Dialog Box
The message "Do you want to show only web pages with secure..." is backwards in its logic and very confusing. Needs to say something like "Do you want to block this insecure content?" This is such an onerous violation of Microsoft's own usability standards that I am looking to turn off the security setting that generates this message. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...

how to change the color of dialog box and its controls
hi, Using appwizard I have created a dilog base application in that i want to change the color of dialog and control buttons and edit controls etc. how to change the color of dialog box and its controls. pls help me urgently. shiva > how to change the color of dialog box and its controls. overwrite OnCtlColor for your dialog and set the text and background color according to the control that is about to be drawn. my program is like this HBRUSH CNeuralDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); if(nCtlColo...

Curious error message
When trying to print 2-colour labels with an OKI 5100n printer, an error message is produced: "The instruction at "0x77f580dd" referenced memory at "0x00ffffca". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program"Please help, Frank This error usually means your printer/graphics driver needs updating. Go to the Okidata site and look around for an updated driver. http://my.okidata.com/pp-C5100n.nsf/openingdrivermenu?OpenFrameSet Click on the 2000, it says it supports XP, but I have no way of knowing what OS you are using. -- Mar...