Names in Calendar

I have just moved over to Outlook 2000 and cannot find any way to sort my
Calendar by Last name,First name.

Calendar appears to be using the Display name from the Contact and I do not
see any way to modify this.

Thanks

David

0
avidvj (1)

"David Vincent-Jones" <avidvj@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I have just moved over to Outlook 2000 and cannot find any way to sort my
>Calendar by Last name,First name.
>
> Calendar appears to be using the Display name from the Contact and I do
> not see any way to modify this.
>
> Thanks
>
> David

Where would you expect to see this information in your calendar?

0
lanwench (7567)
11/20/2005 11:41:43 PM
My appologies .. working too long.
My problem is with names in the Address Book that originate from my CONTACTS
file.
I need to have the Address Book sorted on a Last/First basis as are my
Contacts.
Contacts now shows a "Display As" field that appears to be fixed on a
First/Last basis .. this appears to be the information that Address Book
takes for indexing.
Can this changed?

David

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> "David Vincent-Jones" <avidvj@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I have just moved over to Outlook 2000 and cannot find any way to sort my
>>Calendar by Last name,First name.
>>
>> Calendar appears to be using the Display name from the Contact and I do
>> not see any way to modify this.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> David
>>

> Where would you expect to see this information in your calendar?

0
davidvj (10)
11/21/2005 5:02:55 PM
David Vincent-Jones <davidvj@verizon.net> wrote:

> My appologies .. working too long.
> My problem is with names in the Address Book that originate from my
> CONTACTS file.
> I need to have the Address Book sorted on a Last/First basis as are my
> Contacts.

Are you using OL 2000 in Internet Mail Only mode or in in Corporate
Workgroup mode?  Help>About will tell you.

For the former, you may actually using the Windows Address Book service and
you should be able to click the Name header to have WAB list the names in
one of several orders: First Last ascending, First Last decending, Last,
First ascending, and Last, First decensing.

If the latter, click Tools>Services, select the Outlook Address Book service
and click Properties.  At the bottom of the dialogue should be radio buttons
allowing you to choose a display style.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

E-mail in Calendar
Someone sent an unread e-mail into the Calendar folder. It shows up in 'folder veiw' as the calendar haveing an unread e-mail/message, but I can't find a way to view the e-mail. Is there any way that someone knows that I can get that message back to the inbox, or view it in the calendar as a message. Thanks in advance ...

Calendar Formatting
I am using Publisher 2003 to create a monthly calendar that I would like to print in ladscape mode. The days of the calendar has text that discribe what will be happening on that day. Is there a way to one, change the format of the text for all days of the calendar at once and two, change the dimensions of the boxes for each day so they are all of the same height and width at once? In other words I would like to change the properties of one of the days of the week and apply those same properties to the rest of the days of the week on the calendar without having to change the properties ...

Excel name boxes
How do I change or delete a name in an Excel name box? (A name box is the white rectangle in the upper left corner of an Excel page that shows the cell address, e.g. Q143. You can change the 'name' of the cell from the cell address to a description, e.g. Sales-Other and click it from a drop down menu at the name box instead of scrolling to it.) You're referring to a named range. On the main menu, click >Insert >Name >Define. The full population of named ranges will show in the drop down: you can edit, delete, expand etc from that list. To change or delete a name: ...

Tool Bar Company Name
Hi we have more than 8 companies in Great Plains I have create a report using Crystal report I want to know how I can I add tool bar company name to VBA editor Regards Srinivasan ...

Can't create calendar entries in my own calendar
Greetings, I'm having a weird calendar problem. I can't create entries in my own calendar. I can create entries in shared calendars, and someone else with permissions to share my calendar can create entries, but I can't. No error message. Just no entry created. Thanks for any help, Dana DanaB;143296 Wrote: > Greetings, > I'm having a weird calendar problem. I can't create entries in my own > calendar. I can create entries in shared calendars, and someone else > with > permissions to share my calendar can create entries, but I can't. No ...

Activate new workbook with unknown name
Hi, I have a macro that copies a worksheet from an existing workbook and moves it to a new workbook (book 1, book 2, etc). I then go back to the original workbook to hide the copied sheet. When all this is done I want the user to be looking at the new workbook (book 1, book 2, etc). Please provide some code to add to my copy macro. Thank you very much....you guys/gals are great! You don't have to return to the original workbook to hide the sheet. If the macro is in the original workbook then simply: Sheets(1).Copy ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Visible = False Hope this helps Rowan &q...

How do I send same message to many business not showing the names
I need to send a form to over 50 businesses. How can I do it all at once without revealing who received them. When they send it back, I need to be sure that it does not go to any other receipient. Use Word's mail merge feature to send individual messages. That will = also let you personalize them.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "...

Husband died, office his name..added xp my name..now no excess to.
excel keeps locking me out..again husband died...this is his computer...have added xp in my name and am now locked out of excel.. It has records that I need and cannot access. I have sent numerous messages to excel when it sends a report and gotten absolutely no response. > excel keeps locking me out.. When you say "Excel" is locking you out; are you trying to open files from his "My Documents" folder? > added xp in my name and am now locked out of excel.. When you say you added XP in your name; did you add yourself as a user, or install / re-install XP i...

Mark last record of a particular name
I am using KnowledgeBase article ID #105888 to Merge a Conditional Number of Records. In the article, it shows a sample data file which lists a number of names. Some of the names are listed multiple times (they are sorted so each name is 'grouped'). in a new column, they give the last occurance of each name a unique identifier (in this case, a '1'). How do I do this? -- Joe Hi! I don't know about that article but one way to do this is to use this formula: =IF(A1=A2,"",1) This simply tests the next cell to see if it is equal to the previous cell. ...

Global Calendar not displayed
Hello, I use Exchange 2000 sp3. Today I face a problem that the global calendar under the public folders cannot be displayed in Outlook XP or Outlook 2000 clients. However global calendar can be displayed in OWA. Added to this the localdelivery queue is frozen with only a few mail with small sizes. Any idea about this problem will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Have you tried restarting the server? Any errors in the event logs? Nue "MehFatih" <MehFatih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8817E9C-8D3D-47C3-A23B-750A10B1324A@microsoft.com... > Hello, ...

CRM Appointments not Synchronizing to Outlook Calendar
Hi, I have a situation where most appointments are synchronizing with the outlook calendar, but there are a few that arent. Can anyone think of why they aren't synchronizing? Thanks, Sophie Hi sophie, Maybe a silly answer, but i had a new customer with the same problem and discovered that their DNS was not configured well. What happens if you do a nslookup? "SophieK" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a situation where most appointments are synchronizing with the > outlook calendar, but there are a few that arent. > Can anyone think of why they aren't synchroni...

How to directly transfer emails to my calendar
Hello all I want to setup one of my e-mail account to directly post any emails I get to my calendar. e.g. I get an email at 4:09pm on a Tuesday...It will post that e-mail directly to my Calendar on that Tuesday at 4.09pm. Is this possible? Thank you in advance In news:1156798946.996669.146780@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, erick-flores <chunkyflores@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello all > > I want to setup one of my e-mail account to directly post any emails I > get to my calendar. e.g. I get an email at 4:09pm on a Tuesday...It > will post that e-mail directly to my Calendar...

highlight the day of the week in the calendar
In Outlook, how do I make the current day of the week better highlighted, right now, it's hard to spot? Windows XP Change your Windows colors. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, defluiter asked: | In Outlook, how do I make the current day of the week better | highlighted, right now, it's hard to spot? Windows XP ...

Outlook 2000 hangs when viewing calendar
About 1.5 seconds after opening, the calendar, outlook hangs. Any ideas? I'm running Outlook 2000 SP3 on a Win98 machine. ...

Match similar names
A1 B1 Frank Mark Allen Frank Mark Allen Frank Mark I want to compare two cells. A1 contain full name , B1 contain short name . searching for formula to do a minimum match. This might work for you...Try the below formula in cell C1... =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B1,A1)),"Probable Match","No match") -- Jacob "Sam" wrote: > A1 B1 > Frank Mark Allen Frank Mark Allen Frank Mark > > I want to compare two cells...

Find a name in a colum and insert a row
I have a large worksheet with over 1000 rows of information. I would like to develop a VBA macro to open a search text box and position the cursor to the cell that matches the text input. ( similar to the index option in help) When enough characters have been entered I would like to add a row below the existing row and position the cursor to the first cell in the row. Any code or help would be appreciated! :) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You may...

Outlook calendar permissions #3
Exchange 2003 sp2 - users are a mixture of Outlook 2000-2003. We have had issues where calendar default views have been changed and users can see others calendar events. My manager wants to know if there is a way to extract all users calendar permissions so we can change those that may have this default view set to owner. Is there a 3rd party tool out there that may do this - ? Thanks NStevens@tycoint.com Get the free PFDavAdmin tool from = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3D635BE792-D8AD-= 49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424. It can manage mailbox folder permissions, as...

Supressing calendar item sync with server
Is it possible to suppress a new calendar item from sync'ing with the server when it is created in the mailbox. In other words, when I am connected to my Exchange server thru Outlook and I'm in my calendar within my mailbox can I have control when an item is sync'd or is not sync'd? Maybe some kind of setting to set on the item? The purpose is to have personal items tracked in my business calendar but not stored on the server so I only have one calendar. Sal Salvatore Palombizio wrote: > Is it possible to suppress a new calendar item from sync'ing with the > ser...

Calendar Entry Problems after importing from PST files
I have a problem where during the migration of mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 one mailbox was not removed from 5.5 after the new one was created in 2003. After some tdime the only way to sort the user out was to export the mailbox contents from both mailboxes, delete the user out of AD and then purge the mailbox which in turn deleted the old one fromn 5.5. Created a new user object with the same details as the old one, created a mailbox fot the user and imported the contents of the 2 old mailboxes back in. The problem now is that any calendar entries that were made by the 'old' us...

Printing Calendar from outlook 2003
Hey guys n gals does anyone know if there is ANY way to print THREE months worth of a calendar on ONE A3 page. I can do two pages, but can't seem to get around to printing three. does anyone know, i've tried what I think is EVERYTHING! ...

CRM Workflow... Emails comes with Administrator Name instead of the Modifier Name
Dear Friends... I am new to this thread and also to MS CRM... Let me describe the issue in detail: I have this Workflow with the Primary Entity as Opportunity. Issue is in sending email alerts. Scenario: When an opportunity entity is modified by any user, an email alert should be thrown to particular users (The alert mail is suppose to have the modifier's user name in the FROM field). But the prob is, the alert mails sometimes have the Administrator email address in the From field instead of showing the modifier's user name. Sometime it does works, sometimes it doesn't, its inte...

file name
hi i have a workbook that allows the user to save a copy of the workbook by entering the name as text the problem is if the user enter a character such as [],:,/,* it crashes the program is there anyway i can trap this and stop the spreadsheet crashing thanks in advance kevin Hi Kevin you may pass the relevant code of this macro -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany kev carter wrote: > hi > i have a workbook that allows the user to save a copy of the workbook > by entering the name as text > the problem is if the user enter a character such as [],:,/,* it > crashes...

viewing calendars
E2K3 SP2 - for some reason, no one can see anyone elses calendar - I must have the permissions set wrong - but don't know where to go from here. What have I done wrong, or not done at all?? Very new to 2003 as well, so I'm struggling. Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com Go to the Permissions Tab on the users Calendar, what do you have them set too? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Nancy Stevens" <nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote in message news:uac3GJz4GHA.772@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > E2K3 SP2 - for some reas...

How do I post a list of peoples names creatively.
I am trying to make a poster with a list of names flying around. How? Garry V wrote: > I am trying to make a poster with a list of names flying around. How? ===================================== If you mean you want the names randomly placed. Create a textbox for each one, use assorted fonts and rotate some of them slightly. Then you can drag the textboxes into the most appealing positions. -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...

Is there any way to give an dynamic name for a range?
I know we can define dynamic ranges. I am just curious about the names. Is there anyway to give it a dynamic name? For example, if I refer to another cell which contain the year when define some tables. Is there any way to name a range so that when the year is 2005 then the name would be "Report2005" and next year the name would be automatically changed to "Report2006"? I am trying to put formulas in insert - > Name - > Define - >Name in workbook. But looks like I am not allowed to do so. I hope there is a way other than VBA. Thanks a lot! Dear salut, Yo...