My new incoming messages (unread) are no longer bold

I'm having font troubles in Outlook 7. My new incoming messages (unread) are
no longer bold.  I also want to change the font in the header to make it NOT
bold!  Help??

Firedancer <Firedancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm having font troubles in Outlook 7. My new incoming messages
> (unread) are no longer bold.

The most common cause of this is some application scanning incoming mail or
touching it somehow, like a Blackberry sync tool.

> I also want to change the font in the header to make it NOT bold!  Help??

You just said it was not bold, so isn't it what you already want?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/11/2007 7:38:16 PM
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply.  Actually, there are two separate issues going on.
My new incoming messages used to be in bold before they were read.  I
literally just installed this program last night, and do not have any other
applications scanning my incoming mail.  It's on my laptop, and I don't use
any external peripherals.  So...any other ideas?

The header issue is when I am looking at an open email (I have the preview
window open on the bottom), and the header for that email is in bold.  It's
just an irritating distraction, that's all.  It's like the header is in a
font much bigger than everything else and in bold.  Just don't like it.....
I'm being picky....sorry.

Juanima

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Firedancer <Firedancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm having font troubles in Outlook 7. My new incoming messages
> > (unread) are no longer bold.
>
> The most common cause of this is some application scanning incoming mail or
> touching it somehow, like a Blackberry sync tool.
>
> > I also want to change the font in the header to make it NOT bold!  Help??
>
> You just said it was not bold, so isn't it what you already want?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Firedancer <Firedancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.  Actually, there are two separate issues going
> on. My new incoming messages used to be in bold before they were
> read.  I literally just installed this program last night, and do not
> have any other applications scanning my incoming mail.  It's on my
> laptop, and I don't use any external peripherals.  So...any other
> ideas?

Are you talking about Outlook 2007?  You said "Outlook 7" in the original
message.  Click View>Current View>Customize Current View>Automatic
Formatting.  Select "Unread Messages" and examine the font chosen.  If it's
not to your liking, change it.

> The header issue is when I am looking at an open email (I have the
> preview window open on the bottom), and the header for that email is
> in bold.  It's just an irritating distraction, that's all.  It's like
> the header is in a font much bigger than everything else and in bold.
> Just don't like it..... I'm being picky....sorry.

When you say "the header", are you referring here to the subject, the
sender, and the date information at the top of the preview in the Reading
Pane?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/12/2007 1:53:48 AM
Brian,

I apologize.  Yes - it IS Outlook 2007.  And thank you!!!  The suggestion
you gave fixed the bold on incoming messages.  Yahoo!!!  And you are also
correct on the header, as far as which part I'm referring to.  In the
AutoPreview pane on the bottom, it shows the header at the top of that:
subject, from, date, etc.  It specifically displays the "subject" in large,
bold font.

You're really helping - thank you!!!

Juanima

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Firedancer <Firedancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your reply.  Actually, there are two separate issues going
> > on. My new incoming messages used to be in bold before they were
> > read.  I literally just installed this program last night, and do not
> > have any other applications scanning my incoming mail.  It's on my
> > laptop, and I don't use any external peripherals.  So...any other
> > ideas?
>
> Are you talking about Outlook 2007?  You said "Outlook 7" in the original
> message.  Click View>Current View>Customize Current View>Automatic
> Formatting.  Select "Unread Messages" and examine the font chosen.  If it's
> not to your liking, change it.
>
> > The header issue is when I am looking at an open email (I have the
> > preview window open on the bottom), and the header for that email is
> > in bold.  It's just an irritating distraction, that's all.  It's like
> > the header is in a font much bigger than everything else and in bold.
> > Just don't like it..... I'm being picky....sorry.
>
> When you say "the header", are you referring here to the subject, the
> sender, and the date information at the top of the preview in the Reading
> Pane?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Firedancer <Firedancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I apologize.  Yes - it IS Outlook 2007.  And thank you!!!  The
> suggestion you gave fixed the bold on incoming messages.  Yahoo!!!
> And you are also correct on the header, as far as which part I'm
> referring to.  In the AutoPreview pane on the bottom, it shows the
> header at the top of that: subject, from, date, etc.  It specifically
> displays the "subject" in large, bold font.

To the best of my knowledge, you can't change the format of the Reading Pane
display.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/12/2007 12:17:54 PM
Well that sucks... :( Thanks, anyway, Brian.  I appreciate the help you gave.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Firedancer <Firedancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I apologize.  Yes - it IS Outlook 2007.  And thank you!!!  The
> > suggestion you gave fixed the bold on incoming messages.  Yahoo!!!
> > And you are also correct on the header, as far as which part I'm
> > referring to.  In the AutoPreview pane on the bottom, it shows the
> > header at the top of that: subject, from, date, etc.  It specifically
> > displays the "subject" in large, bold font.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, you can't change the format of the Reading Pane
> display.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

auto reply
Can we sent this up in Outlook 98 or do we need to upgrade to a new version. I do not see an option to do this in outlook 98. Thanks You can only do this if you're connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "karenr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:980601c3ea77$818b1750$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can we sent this up in Outlook 98 or do we need to upgrade > to a new version. I do no...

what is the html code for bold
I am adding html code to my web pages, using Publisher 2003. I have added html code to direct the hyperlink to a new window, and have text around the hyperlink that I want to bold. (Bold some of the surrounding text, not the hyperlink). I am brand new at this. Anyone know the html code to add? Thanks for your help http://www.html-and-css-tutorial.com/tutorial-3.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rob T" <Rob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4EE0AB4-6B88-4E09-AD25-347CFC2BF...

Excel No Longer Working
Ok. This one has me stumped. I have adding the compatibility pack to systems in my office with no problem, until yesterday. Added the pack to an Office 2003 Pro system. Everything works great except for Excel. Now when we start excel it acts like it is trying to do an initial setup, then says it needs the disc. I put the disc in, but it will not find the CAB file. Weirder than that is every time I retry it the CAB designation changes. I have tried to do a repair and the same thing happens. I have tried a reinstall and the same thing happens. Anyone have ANY ideas???? I don't know...

Creating an email message in Outlook 2007
What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. Hello, yes, Outlook 2007 uses Word to render and create messages- There is no possibility to change anymore. Roman Brehm "PE" <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23imSovkXHHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks > very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. > > > > It is word. If you have the office suit...

15 minute delay of messages arriving
I am using Outlook 2000 on a Win XP pro PC. After I compose and send a message to an external address, there is about a fifteen minute delay in the mail arriving to the address. Can anyone help with this? Eric <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000 on a Win XP pro PC. After I > compose and send a message to an external address, there > is about a fifteen minute delay in the mail arriving to > the address. Can anyone help with this? What's wrong with 15 minutes? If you read the design documents for Internet mail, you'll see th...

visual basic has stopped working error message
I hope this is the discussion group for VB6. I have a vb6 project with crystal report 8.5. In the program once i click on RDC to open a report in design view I got this "Visual basic has stopped working" message comes up and I have to closed out visual basic. It always happens when I tried to open the report designer. I can run or compile the program fine without opening reports. My computer is vista home with SP2. Any suggestions? "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F6B7C3-A847-43EF-A1C5-B300428EDC68@microsoft.com.....

How to recall and delete a particluar message..
Hello, I have Exchange 2003. Is there a way to recall an email and delete it from everyone's mailbox? I know there is the recall function in outlook however I have already tried this and it doesn't seem to recall messages that have already been opened. Is there a way through ESM maybe that can search for this email then I have the option to delete it. The message has gone to about 100 users. Thanks TKE402 On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:27:01 -0700, TKE402 <TKE402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have Exchange 2003. Is there a way to recall an email and de...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #4
Hi All, I am running Exchsrvr 5.5 SP4 with Post Sp4 fixes in installed. I have a user who sent an email to 4 recipients in the company and he got this error "Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem". None of the article in the knowledge base can help Anyone ever encountered this? Did any of them receive the message? Please post the complete NDR. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Vincez" <Vincez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFF49776-E253-4469-9561-140824BDBC05@microso...

Outlook 2010: Unable to open an internet link in a received message
Whenever I try to click a link appearing in an email I get a message saying someting like: "operation aborted due to limitations defined for this computer. Contact your systems manager (it's in Norwegian so I have to translate to the best of my ability. My OS is Windows7. I use Norton Internet security, latest edition. Can anyone tell me how to control this? Jan Erik, Oslo, Norway "Jan Erik" <jefrithj@online.no> skrev i meddelelsen news:1fit56d2ruccndr7pmneqrlm32qohghgnr@4ax.com... > Whenever I try to click a link appearing in an email I get a message > sa...

message to bounce between two Exchange 5.5 and 2003 servers
I have one recipient whose mail box is on an Exchange 5.5. Only this recipient from this server is not able to receive any emails sent from people on the Exchange 2003. The error code # 5.4.6 is generated which states: "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients" Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

no autoupdater in new macbook with new office install,
Hello ... I am new to Macs so I hope the answer to this isn't obvious. Just purchased Macbook. About this Mac says Mac OS X Version 10.4.9 I tested the Office:Mac test drive then purchased it. Before installing I uninstalled as instructed, then did a custom installation but chose to install everything. No problems - everything running fine etc. When I click on Check for Updates in the Help Menu it says Autoupdate isn't installed - do I want to install it now. I click yes ... but it says There Was an Error Installing Autoupdate So I searched and haven't found an definitive an...

Exchange 2003 new domain adding
I have a domain (abc.com). I just purchased another one (xyz.com) and I need to create all the users under this new domain. If I have a user as mark@abc.com, I also need the user to be mark@xyz.com How can I do this? Is it possible that once I have the second domain created with all the users to forward the emails coming to to @abc.com to go to xyz.com? Thanks Manolo after you get your MX record in place, add a new recipient policy... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268838/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Manolo" <Manolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83EC4...

How to set new default for plot area settings
Hi, In Excel 2003, how do I set new default value for plot area to Automatic? Now the default is custom, and background colour one that I do not want. I can change the plot area to automatic for a chart I have created, but would like to change the default value so, that whenever creating a new chart, it would have Plot area settings "Border" and "Area" set as automatic. Obviously it should be done within the template Book.xlt, but how? Hi, You can format a chart and store it as a user defined chart type, which can also be set as the default. http://pubs.logicalexp...

product key not working with new computer
Setting up new computer and the product key code is not being recognized. I have installed everything else with no problems. When I got to ABOUT in the program the product id is blank. This is an upgrade version but I've installed Expression Web from upgrade version with no trouble. Is this a Publisher question or EW question? Expression is not a "upgrade" by the normal definition of "upgrade" - previous version is required. If your Publisher program IS an upgrade you will need a previous version or a qualifying product available prior to installing the upgrade...

New user dosn't show up in GAB
I have created a new user and wanted to setup his outlook. It did not accept his name. Then i checked the GAB and it's not listed. The new user is not invisible, and i could access his mailbox via OWA. We have recently upgraded to exchange 2003 but it's not in 2003 mode, it's still in 2000 2003 mix mode. The original server has been shutdown, it was a windows 2000 server DC with GC and it had exchange 2000 and all the mailboxes. This is the error from my event log. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 2/21/2005 Time: ...

Double click to open form and create new record
Hi team, Have scoured all of the posts and tried several different things for days but just can't seem to nut this one out. I have a form (FrmSeedBankStockAvailable) in datasheet view that lists seed lots by BatchID. I want to be able to double click on the record selector for a particular batch and have a form (DialogSeedBankWithdrawal) open so that I can make a new withdrawal entry, with the BatchID already entered from the selected record. I know that to do this I need to use the forms' DblClick property. I have been using the following code (and tried variations of from...

505 error message
Hi -Can anyone help me. I am a novice with an outlook problem. I try to send email but receive the following message. 550 User not local. Authentication required for relay Can anyone tell me what I must do to fix this. Thanks in advance. Shayne Go into the Properties of the email account (Tools > Email Accounts > Next), highlight the account and select Change > More Settings > Outgoing Server > Check the first box. "shayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1153501c44179$d76d4f90$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi -Can anyone help me. I...

New User Login error
We're running GP9.0 on SQL Server 2005. For our ODBC connection, we're already making use of SQL Native Client. As for the server name of the said odbc, we made use of the server instance name instead for the server IP. During user creation, the only option selected is enable password policy and the other checkboxes are unmarked - change password upon first login and expiry option. The problem is everytime a new user is created we get the message saying Unable to Login,Please contact your administrator. The only way that the user will be able to login is to change the password...

ERROR MESSAGE #69
i TRIED TO SET UP AN ACCOUNT(NOT KNOWING WHAT i WAS DOING) NOW NOT ONLY CANT i SEND MESSAGES-BUT i CANT DELETE WHAT i ENTERED TO TRY AGAIN. OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 Lose the Caps! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpres...

Adding the users name to a new list item
Is there a way to create a list so that when the logged in user creates a new item, it automatically insert's their user name into a column? I'm creating a time entry list, and don't want the users to have to type their name in every time they add a time record. The controller will review this list once a week and create reports based on the user, client, etc. Thanks in advance! Gavin Use the Created by column. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Gavin Steiner" <gavin@interprom.com> wrote in mes...

Outlook XP no longer does auto send/receive
Hi all, Seems several PCs on our network have mysteriously decided to stop doing auto send-receives, even though they have clearly been set up to do so every 5 mins. In fact, my Outlook has started (not) doing it today & I *know* I haven't touched any email settings for weeks. I have SP3 installed. Any/all advice much appreciated, as is email followup (if possible). To reply via email please substitute 'nospam' with 'global'. ...

New created storage group wasn't displayed
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003. I created a new storage group and then I tried to add a user's mailbox to the new group, but there is only First Storage Group in the Mailbox Store box. The new created storage group didn't show up. Please advice. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Lisa how long ago? did you create a mailbox store in the new SG? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE4B6E9F-AFEB-4F19-B7B0-2FA0EBF3B4B4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003...

Creating new table columns and maintaining joins in another query
Hi, I have a table with alot of account information. However, to report on certain accounts, I have to manipulate a few of the column data and create a new column with the correct information. Once I have this new column, I do another query and get the information that I need out of that new column. The problem is when I'm querying from that new column, I'm join'ing that information to another column of information and it works the way I want it to work. But when I get more data, I have to run the original script that manipulates the data and creates a new column, agai...

[Fwd: Re: New computer. Newer version of Windows. Printing color Differences]
FYI Do you really print on monitor? I don't! Your assumption is way out of kilter! hth JoAnn Paules wrote: > > New computer - new monitor I assume? > > http://www.wikihow.com/Calibrate-Your-Monitor > > -- > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher] > Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" > > "Reddawg2566" <Reddawg2566@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:AB9C9A32-5EEA-4A24-92C6-BBB2426E3552@microsoft.com... > >I just bought a new computer with Windows 7 a...

Crazy DST Outlook Problem
I hope someone can help me because this is driving me up a wall! For DST 2007 I have patched all clients(XP), servers(2003 SP1) and exchange (back end and OWA 2003 SP2). Rather than distribute the Outlook Tool for the calendars I instructed users to reschedule recurring meetings after the patch was applied. All is well with MOST users (about 245 out of 250). I have verified the patch is working on the other 5 but............. Here is the Problem: For 5 users, meetings for which they are invited, are not being scheduled at the correct time. There are 2 different scenarios that can occ...