My emails open up inside the "Notes" of my Business Contacts Business Manager

Whenever I select a contact inside my Business Contacts
Business Manager, all my emails show up inside
my "Business Contact History" frame making it impossible
to use the "Add" feature.  Can Someone help?

Thanks,

Michael Stein
mike@ivescreative.com
0
anonymous (74722)

BCM sometimes has what's known as a "forms cache" problem. Clearing the
cache usually fixes it. Choose Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options |
Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms, then Clear Cache. If simply clearing
the cache doesn't fix the issue, try the other steps detailed at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836558

The bulk of the forms cache issues in Outlook 2003 are fixed in Service Pack
1, so you should also install Office 2003 Service Pack 1 as well as BCM SP1.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Michael Stein" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I select a contact inside my Business Contacts
> Business Manager, all my emails show up inside
> my "Business Contact History" frame making it impossible
> to use the "Add" feature.  Can Someone help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael Stein
> mike@ivescreative.com

0
suemvp (4038)

Is there a size limit on Notes in Outlook?
Either in characters or approximate words? The yellow sticky notes or the notes field of an item? Which version of outlook are you using? In some cases there is a 999 character limit but if you use outlook 2003 and a new Unicode pst, there shouldn't be a limit. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subsc...

Outlook 98 Sticky Notes
Hi there - using Outlook 98 with Exchange Server 5.5 (sp4) on an NT4 platform. One user has developed a problem whereby all the notes shown within Outlook view seem to have the same date. Normally I wouldn't bother too much as it's not a major issue, however when the user is a Director I have to get it fixed asap as presumably it is 'Business Critical'. Anybody ever seen this before or have any advice. The Outlook issue I mean, not the Director. Thanks in advance. Dunsyd Is this the create or the modified date? An import and/or folder move of the items can change these dates....

Importing Notes into CRM Query/Case
Does anyone know how to import notes from a excel csv file. I am importing and creating cases of invoice queries and can not find the data filed on mapping. We have the notes tab locked so no one can delete information So would this stop the field from being visable ? I can how ever mapp the notes to another tab we created and they import into there fine. Please advise. On May 25, 6:06=A0am, Nessa <Ne...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to import notes from a excel csv file. > I am importing and creating cases of invoice queries and can not find the &g...

When I open Outlook it Defaults tyo the Notes instead of the Inbox
When I open Outlook it defaults to the Notes folder instead of the inbox. How do I get it back to default to the Inbox when opening Outlook 98? There should be a setting here to control that: Tools menu > Options > Other > Advanced "Robert" <rgoworek@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00e101c39fd6$1daef990$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I open Outlook it defaults to the Notes folder > instead of the inbox. How do I get it back to default to > the Inbox when opening Outlook 98? ...

assign a macro to send email in lotus notes from Excel spreadsheet
I would like to assign a macro button to an Excel spreadsheet that when clicked will open up email in Lotus Notes 8.5.1 with the name of the Excel spreadsheet as an attached file in the Lotus Notes email. The person that opens the spreadsheet via email should be able to make changes to the spreadsheet and click that same macro button and forward it on to the next person without saving the spreadsheet to their hard drive. Is this possible and if so, can you please provide me with the code. I am not a programmer so any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. ...

HTML Email to Lotus Notes
Here's the scenario... 1. I compose an HTML email in Outlook 2007 and send it to a client who's on Lotus Notes. 2. He replies to the email. If I look at his reply on my web-based email client (looking at it as it sits on the server), I see his response and my original email with header below it. If I look at his reply in Outlook 2007, I only see my original email to him. I do not see any reply, nor do I see my own original header. Please don't tell me that I have to use Plain Text for all of my emails - it really is limitiing. It was cool back in the 80'...

Vendor notes
I'm trying to find the table in SQL Server that stores the notes from the vendor card in Dynamics GP 9.0. Thanks, ...

Outlook 2002 and Lotus Notes Connector
Hello, my English is not very good, sorry.... I have Outlook 2002 and the Lotus Notes Connector for Outlook 2002/2003. Calendar, Task and Mails are saves in a file: "Outlook.nst" in path C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Outlook. How can i change this path to another path on my pc? The way like the pst-file is not possible? If i copy the nst-file to another path and delete the original file, outlook create a new nst-file when is start. In the registry are 2 Entry with "Outlook.nst", i have change this entries to another path, b...

Recalling Messages sent to lotus notes
I sent an email to someone by accident who uses lotus Notes as their email program. Will the Outlook 2000 message recall feature work with messages sent to Lotus Notes or does it only work with Outlook users? Message recall doesn't work - it only works when configured with an Exchange server, and requires a very very very specific set of circumstances to run. And that means that 99% of the time it will fail. Jack kuzuian wrote: > I sent an email to someone by accident who uses lotus > Notes as their email program. Will the Outlook 2000 > message recall feature work with mes...

pocket pc notes don't show in outlook at any time after sync.
Sync is 3.8, pocket pc is 2003 v. 2 outlook is 2003 and system is xp microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, cal d. asked: | Sync is 3.8, pocket pc is 2003 v. 2 outlook is 2003 and system is xp ...

adding SOP notes to the body
Hello: In the KnowledgeBase on PartnerSource, there are all sorts of document on adding SOP notes to various SOP docs. But, none of those docs discuss how to add those notes to the body. KnowledgeBase suggests adding the notes to either the header or footer. Is there any way of adding notes to the body? Specifically, I'm talking about adding the SOP Document Number notes to the body of the SOP Blank Packing Slip "Report". Thanks! childofthe1980s First are we talking about Record Notes or Comments? Record notes are the notes stored by clicking on the Post-it note ic...

Lotus Notes
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Notes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Notes Hello, I must make a feasibility analysis. I have the following tools - Lotus Notes data base - Excel 2003 - VS2008 Prof, C# What is to be done? I must data, which are in the data base in it evaluate and graphical shows for user. Develop tools, with masks / formulars, which automate it. Idea1: Over Excel directly to Lotus, via ODBC and VBA Idea2: Over C# LinQ, the inquiry, the evaluation, diagram with Excel. The questions. Can someone publish an example? Is the idea 2 goal-prominent? e.g. Give me all ...

Outlook Notes disappear after editing and saving
Question: I have a user with Windows XP Professional running MS Office 2003. For the last two days he's noticed that if he edits the notes in his tasks and saves the changes, when he goes back to the task, ALL the notes he's written are gone. There are no errors, nothing new installed, no viruses, nothigng in event viewer, and has all priority updates from Microso ...

What table are notes stored in?
I have notes linked to Cases, but I can't find the SQL table they are in! Can anyone help? Thanks! Nevermind, I found it: AnnotationBase "AW" wrote: > I have notes linked to Cases, but I can't find the SQL table they are in! > Can anyone help? Thanks! AW, annotationbase. HTH, Dave ------------------------------------------------- David L. Carr, President Visionary Software Consulting, Inc. Main #: 971-327-6944 Introducing our newest software product... VAST - an auditing solution for Microsoft CRM 1.2 VAST shows you "Who Did What When" in Micros...

Migration from Lotus Notes
Hello, According to MS KB there is a tools called nabimport.exe that permit to easily import Lotus Notes Contact inside Outlook. However in the KB they say to order the Migration Kit CD and the link is broken. So I would like to know if there is a place where I can download this tools or if you know a better tools that I can use to accomplish the same job Thank Michel Lapointe Michel, I have the CD. Email me directly and I'll email you the util. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI Exchange Consultants - "The most important exchange is knowledge." Web: http://w...

Size of Notes
I did something that made all my Notes appear full screen and I don't see how I can resize them. HELP! try right-click with the mouse near the upper-left icon in the title of your note and choose restore. Don't click on the icon, click a bit to the right. hope that helps Arnaldo Portugal "Suzie" <SB29@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:e4aCCeHAEHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I did something that made all my Notes appear full screen and I don't see > how I can resize them. HELP! > > Great - thanks "msnews.microsoft.com" <arna...

Insert small memo to a Notes field
Hello, This is my updateQuery in order to update the Notes on member. How can we make it in the middle of the road there is a message box that says: " Notes taken by: then we type " John", then it adds to each end of note " Notes taken by John" Thanks for any help. -- Frank Situmorang You can add a button to the form which does: Sub cmdMyButton_Click() Me.NotesField = Me.NotesField & vbCrLf & "Notes taken by: " & fOSUserName() End Sub FOSUserName () function is at: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm -- ...

Fixed Assets and Credit Notes
Hi we have a situation where if someone creates an Asset from an invoice they may notice somewhere down the line, that the invoice was incorrect and need to issue a credit note. Currently when entering a credit note you can not tie this to the Asset. The end user is going into fixed assets and performing a recalculate of LIFE once it has entered a new Cost Basis. Has this changed in version 10? thank you Mickey ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

Display Open Notes always on top
How do I display open notes always on top of any open programs/documents? Thanks. Martin ...

Missing Paperclip
It is my understanding that you can use a UNC path for the OLEPATH reference, but when I do, the user does not see the paperclip option on the Note window. I've checked the permissions and they appear correct. In fact, I am logged onto to the GP server as a local administrator and I have the same problem. If I change the OLEPATH to point to the exact same folder, but reference it by a drive letter (D:\notes\), it works, but as soon as I change the path to \\servername\notes\ the paperclip disappears. Currently the workstations do not have a mapped drive to the server, so using the ...

Filing Outlook Notes.
Why can't I put a MS Outlook 2000 SR1 Corporate or Workgroup Note anywhere other than the Notes folder? I would like to be able to drag and drop Notes into other Folders that I create in the same way as I can MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc files from Win Explorer. Is this possible? If so how, is there something I need to tweak to enable this, or is it a 'feature' of Outlook? Drag and drop the note anywhere you want but realize that it will take on the default form for the folder where you drop it. For instance, dragging a note to the calendar will create a calendar item. ...

Too much space between the heading "Notes" and the text of the endnotes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want the equivalent of double-spacing between the heading &quot;Notes&quot; and the beginning of the first endnote. But there is more. I have &quot;Notes&quot; single-spaced, with paragraph formatting set not to add any extra lines after it. <br><br>What do I do? No takers?? Please help! I'm afraid that I for one don't understand what you're asking... You seem to be saying you want more space without adding more space & I just don't how to respond to tha...

Creating but not sending a Lotus Notes email
Folks I have installed the latest Lotus Notes client and have it successfully sending test emails via VB6. However I'd like to create the email so it's sitting on the Lotus Notes screen and not send it. I also don't want to enter the recipient. I want the user to choose the recipient from the address book. Lots of sample code out there to create and send Lotus Notes emails but not to just to create the email. The important lines of code are: Set doc = oDB.CREATEDOCUMENT Set rtitem = doc.CREATERICHTEXTITEM("Body") doc.subject = strSubjec...

musical notes instead of text
Documents created on other computers, and shared on our network, come out with musical notes instead of text on only one computer on the network. They are what comes out when printed, also. What can be done so that particular computer Word reads the text correctly? Could it be that the font used in the document is not available on that specific computer? In such a case font substitution takes place, and that could be a font containing notes rather than characters. Yves "roatmra" <roatmra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66C1751C-F788-44C3-...

Notes Connector: Can I sync only my calendar and PAB?
Hey all, Been playing with the Outlook 2003 / Notes Connector, and I'm liking it. However, I would much rather (I can't believe I'm saying this...) work within Lotus Notes for my email, but do my calendaring and address book work via Outlook. Is this possible? I can't seem to figure out the right mix of settings to disable email sync but leave calendar and *personal* (i.e. local, non-network) sync enabled. Thanks! Dave Dave <dlinsalata_nospam_@idc.com> wrote: > Been playing with the Outlook 2003 / Notes Connector, and > I'm liking it. However, I would mu...