Multiple users with one email account

With one computer system, each of my family members are
set up to access it their info separately...How do I set
them up for our email account whem they are signed
on...we use outlook 2002...in other words, how do I set
up one outlook/email account to be accessed by a family
member who lodgs on using their own signon info?
0
sanfam (1)

In control panel, click the Mail icon.  Create a separate profile for each
user.  When Outlook is started, the user will be prompted for which profile
to use.

"David" <sanfam@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> With one computer system, each of my family members are
> set up to access it their info separately...How do I set
> them up for our email account whem they are signed
> on...we use outlook 2002...in other words, how do I set
> up one outlook/email account to be accessed by a family
> member who lodgs on using their own signon info?

0
s-mar (86)
8/13/2003 7:20:07 PM
Actually, I think he is asking for the opposite solution -- each of his
family members logs into Windows separately and needs to access the same
Outlook information, as opposed to one Windows login/separate Outlook
information.  I'm going to reply to his post directly to see if that's
the case.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"Scott M." <s-mar@badspamsnet.net> wrote in message
> In control panel, click the Mail icon.  Create a separate profile for
each
> user.  When Outlook is started, the user will be prompted for which
profile
> to use.
>

> "David" <sanfam@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > With one computer system, each of my family members are
> > set up to access it their info separately...How do I set
> > them up for our email account whem they are signed
> > on...we use outlook 2002...in other words, how do I set
> > up one outlook/email account to be accessed by a family
> > member who lodgs on using their own signon info?

To paraphrase your question before I answer:  Your family members each
have separate Windows logins, but need to access the same e-mail account
and other Outlook information.  Did I get that right?

If so, you will need to put the .PST file in a shared location where all
Windows logins have access to it.  Then you will need to point each
user's instance of Outlook to that .PST file and make sure the same
e-mail account information is set up in each user's instance of Outlook
as well.  You might want to check this page for some additional
information that may help:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"David" <sanfam@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> With one computer system, each of my family members are
> set up to access it their info separately...How do I set
> them up for our email account whem they are signed
> on...we use outlook 2002...in other words, how do I set
> up one outlook/email account to be accessed by a family
> member who lodgs on using their own signon info?

Email Addresses not populating after creating new user
We are running SBS2003. After creating several new users, it is not populating the Email Addresses tab under the users properties. I have the checkbox for "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" checked and I have also tried to force apply the global recipient rules in Exchange Manager, but none of that is working. I think this is also the reason why Outlook is not able to resolve this users name when I try to connect their Outlook to the exchange server. Brian The problem could be that the Recipient Update Service cannot update the users becau...

How to choose which account to send mail
Hi there, Outlook 2003 I have 2 complete different accounts on my Outlook; one for work and the other private. How do I choose which account to use when sending mail. Sometimes I send e- mails from my private account and other times from my work account. Your advice will be much appreciated. -- Regards, Deon H On Feb 7, 11:07 am, Deon <REMOVEd...@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote: HI, Before sending the mail u can check in program "Application..Session.CurrentUser.Address" which will return the mail- id of the current configured account.(which is activated). May be this is yo...

Exchange 2003 Adding a footer to outgoing emails
Hello All, Anyone know of a way to add a footer to all outbound emails in Exchange 2003 Thanks Mark Hi Mark You can do it via an Event Sink as detailed in these articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680 Or use a third-party app. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mark S." <mslater_nospam@m-e-c.com> wrote in message news:%23QMqSEnSFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All, &g...

Email Campaign with Attachments
Dear Community I've follwing problem, how can i attach e file to e email when i create a campaign (not a quick campaign!) over WEB an Outlook client ??? Can anyone give me a solution wich is usable for daily business ??? Thanx for all answers Marcel please save the campaign first, then you can attach the file. "Marcel" wrote: > Dear Community > > I've follwing problem, how can i attach e file to e email when i create a > campaign (not a quick campaign!) over WEB an Outlook client ??? > > Can anyone give me a solution wich is usable for daily busine...

Outlook 2003: Copy Full Names to email display Names
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000. I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name field. 2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name. Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses. What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display Name? What do you mean by "choose email addresses?" The Display Name has varied with each version of Outlook, but it is of no consequence. What makes you think it is? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message new...

How Message Format work for POP3 account?
I created an account in active directory and created mailbox for it. I want this account to have only POP3 access. Because the POP3 client is some old one, I need the message body received by this account be sent to POP3 client in plain text format. So, I went to "Exchange Features" tab (we are using Exchange Server 2003) in this account's properties window and configured the POP3 properties as below: Uncheck "use protocol defaults", select "MIME" and select "Provide message body as plain text"; the default character set is "Western European (...

recovery a users folder
Hi I need to recover a users mailbox (well need calender and tasks mainly) i cant seem to move the folder to a user (using sbs2003 - exchange 2003) using exmerge, get to the last bit but the folder is blank and i cant select, any ideas on how to recover. thanks Have you tried using a recovery storage group? Here's the documentation for RSGs, which includes some troubleshooting infortmation for Exmerge as well. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx Tammy Treit Exchange User Education This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warran...

UPDATE Table with multiple textboxes
I have three unbound textboxes on a form. Each textbox is used to input the amount of money A,B,C deposited. textbox1 is labeled A, textbox2 labeled B,.... When the user clicks a button, I need to update the table to add a row for A then add a new row for B and then C. Below is the code I have so far for the update, but I can't figure out how to repeat the update for B & C. Lastly, the table has a field named 'memo'. I would like to add the textbox caption to that field on each record. So, for the first record, the deposit field would be whatever num...

multiple 3D equations in one excel surface chart
hi all i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one excel surface chart does anyone have simple way of doing it i have the link for one equation chart but from there i'm little bit lost http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/3d_surface/ What's the problem? If your data is of 3D type, just plot it as such. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "thread" wrote: > hi all > i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one > excel...

email problems
I am getting the following error message when I try to acces my email. Please advise. Thank you. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x80004005 In your browser go to http://mail.yahoo.com and log in to that account. Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you want to save any messages, create a new folder and move those messages to the new folder. Empty the spam and thrash folders also. Close webmail, then try Windows Mail again. Gary ...

Account Lockouts from Exchange?
Hello, everyone: I'm having some difficulty, and I'm hoping that someone out there has some insight. I have attached a lot of materials to this post, so if I refer to something, and you don't see it right away, just scroll down. Last week, I implemented an account lockout policy on our Windows Server 2003 domain. Almost immediately, my account was locked out. I set the account lockout threshold to 5 attempts, over a 30 minute period, and to lock out indefinitely. I assumed that I had logged onto someone's machine and they had then typed in their password and locked me...

[ANN] Share one account with multiple users and/or computers
PROBLEM: * You are in a situation where two or more people check the same account but have problems knowing who has acted on the message(s) or see a flagged message for your attention. This is further complicated by platform and email application (e.g. Outlook, Entourage and Apple mail). * You are the only user but access your account from multiple computers. Continue reading for the solution along with info on IMAP and POP accounts as well as IMAP providers: Share one account with multiple users and/or computers (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/01/share...

multiple emails #3
Hey does anyone know why outlook is sending multiple emails to my distribution list? Please help it's really annoying my clients. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook-Duplicates.asp -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:052f01c3b25b$d0974b10$a401280a@phx.gbl, Jim wrote: > Hey does anyone know why outlook is sending multiple > emails to my distribution list? Please help it's really &...

setting up cash portion of account
One of my money accounts has a money market sweep account. How do I change money so that all cash transactions get posted to the seep account as opposed to the "cash" account. thanks much! gb1, Your investment account and your sweep account should not be two separate accounts in Money. All cash transactions in the single investment account are swept periodically (daily?) into the sweep investment (not an account). Treat the sweep investment like you would any other investment in the account. When choosing the type of investment from the investment wizard, choose money mark...

Export email profiles
I have a client that is getting a new computer. I can move the pst file from one system to the other. However, this doesn't move the email address and settings. I understand that the settings are kept in the registry. Is there a way to export the email accounts and then import them on the new computer. In OE, we can export the email accounts and then reimport them on the new system. Is there a way to do this with Outlook 2003? Thanks, Joe Are the machines both running Outlook 2003? Will the user's .pst files be in the same location? If yes, to both, you should be able to use ...

data in single column split to multiple col's based on header
Hi All, I have data in three diff columns, e.g: column A column B column C 1 absman a 1 folklore b 2 internet c 2 absman d 3 folklore e 3 internet f I want these to be segregated under different heads based on the unique ID in column A with header (col B) and pull the data in Col C Result shld be something like this Headet absman folklore internet 1 a b 2 d c 3 Could ypu please help or I need to run vlookup by splitting the data, I have 17 million rows of data (split in 2 files) to be pulled under 16 heads. Your help in this regard is highly appreciated. -...

multiple outbox items
HELP!!! my (digital camera pictures are attached) to outgoing mail, but- the mail is being sent over 9 times!!!! how can I set my outlook so it only sends ONE time to each individual?????? ...

Sectioning a single plotted line into multiple colors
Hi, I'm trying to plot a column of data values and I need to designat certain sections of this data with a different color on the line. I this possible? How can I do this? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Suppose your data are in A1:A20 and you want A11:A20 to be a different color from the first part of the range. Move A11:A20 to B11:B20. Plot A1:B20 as two columnar series. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel...

Country, Phone and email showing inthe Bill to or Ship To fields
When we set a customer in Store Operations POS we need to verify some extra information in the Bill to and Ship to windows for shipping purposes. Is there a way to display the Country, Phone number and the email address in these windows? At the very least we need to be able to see the country. Had a similar issue a few months ago where I needed to see customer email, phone, available balance, and account number - but the white boxes "bill to" and "ship to" aren't editable, so I got assistance on this newsgroup (think it was Jerry Data - thanks Jerry) on editing...

Html emails stripped down to plain text
I have two users for the company I work for that are trying to send html formatted emails to eachother they are using Outlook 2003. Now I know all the security issues and stuff that comes with it but they are the bosses and thats what they want. So when User A sends an email to User B the html is stripped out and its put into plain text. But when User B gets html emails from others they can see it in html. User A can recieve and read html emails from User B just fine. So my question is who has the problem User A or User B and what is the problem? Then how do you fix that problem? Thanks,...

Easily change smtp servers for all email-accounts
People, I got my laptop with me basically everywhere I go, but I find it totally annoying that I have to change the smtp-server settings for each and every account when wanting to send mail from a different location than the time before. I have about 15 accounts that I regularly recieve email to and ehwn I reply to these I always have to change the smtp-server. Is there a way to fix this easily for all accounts? Best regards, Henning Frettem Oslo, Norway I should probably mention that I run MS Office 2002 SP3 ...

Can CRM send Email without exchange?
Hi all, I asked this question the other day, but I re-read my post and it made no sense! Hence no replies I guess. My questions (put a bit more eloqantly) are: 1) Do you HAVE to use exchange to fire out an email? Can it be handled through CRM? Surely it's just pushing out SMTP traffic, but knowing MS this answer is going to be "no you must have exchange" 2) Can CRM be configured to use mailbox enabled user accounts that dont have the upn of the domain that the crm machine is in. As far as I can see, if you add the user into CRM by it's pre 2K name ie domain\username it wi...

Corrupt emails when using multipart content types
I am running Exchange 2003 with latest SPs and am running into a very strange problem. When we receive certain emails, the contents of the messages have been corrupted. Exclamation points (!) seem to appear randomly in the text (usually an exclamation point followed by a space). The messages both contain HTML and TEXT content, the header is: Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10" The text version content type is: ------=_NextPart_000_365D_01C59758.21CA9D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Tr...

Account details "Changing themselves"
I am using Outlook 2000. My ISP has been reorganising (the notorious BT/Yahoo! merger) and Email has been very difficult: download hangs in first message, multiple passowrd requests, etc. Looking in Account > server information I see the incoming mail server had been changed (not by me) from mail.btinternet.com to localhost and my account name had had /mail.btinternet.com added to it. Changing back manually to the original settings APPEARS to fix things, at least mail download is now much more reliable. It is worthwhile/possible to make these settings read-only? Any ideas as to why t...

Populating appropirate account in look up box when selecting contact
Hi There, I wonder anyone can point me in the right direction can help out there. We have a CRM Case form where it has Customer lookup field (Regarding lookup for Account/Contacts) and also Responsible contact lookup field (lookup for Contact records). What we want happen is as soon as Responsible contact is selected from a lookup, automatic population of appropirate Account in Customer look up field. We believe it should be possible because contacts in the system are already linked to Account records any help is much appreciated. cheers Kyaw Hi Kyaw, You will need to write a ...