Multiple Profile Config - Outlook Hangs

Outlook 2000 SP3 on Windows XP.  Outlook hangs when user tries to exit
Outlook.  Both the original and the new profile cause the same behavior.
Have to use Task Manager to shut down Outlook.

Has anyone a clue as to the cause and the solution.

Thanks
0
Kate (63)

See if someting here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.htm or
http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/23/2005 4:36:52 PM
Thank you Brian,
 We do have a synchronization Add-in in the COM list.  I will have to
research what happens if I remove this.  I use web mail in addition to my
local PC.  I would hate to lose that synchronization.
One site offers an add-in that will close a stubborn Outlook.EXE.  Have you
any experience with that?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Kate <Kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Outlook 2000 SP3 on Windows XP.  Outlook hangs when user tries to exit
> > Outlook.  Both the original and the new profile cause the same
> > behavior. Have to use Task Manager to shut down Outlook.
>
> See if someting here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.htm or
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Kate (63)
2/23/2005 8:11:02 PM
Kate <Kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> One site offers an add-in that will close a stubborn Outlook.EXE.
> Have you any experience with that?

That's probably Knockout and, no, since I never use an add-in that causes
the problem.  It would take only one time before the add-in would be
history.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Upgrade from Outlook 2000 to 2002
Hi I recently just got an HP iPAQ pocket PC, which came with an upgrade of Outlook 2002. I was using 2000. I had a few problems of getting it to upgrade properly, but it is now working but I have found a few problems. 1. It is opening in safe mode? 2. In the "My shortcuts" area, in my previous verson of outlook, I had some folders with stored emails in there, on the new version, the folders are there, but the emails are gone and it comes up with a message saying "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The folder...

How to avoid duplicate Outlook contacts
When deploying CRM one of the major requirements is to import all the contacts so they become CRM contacts (from an initial migration perspective). However, if these contacts are housed in Outlook already and are exported so they can be migrated into CRM - after the migration the CRM contacts will download back to Outlook creating duplicates. I know that instead of importing contacts, the users can go through their contact list and promote contacts to CRM which will prevent the above from happening - but the reality is that the users cannot be relied on to do this (especially sales users) so ...

Outlook 2007/2010 Printing Issues
A general question to pick the brains of any Office gurus out there, mainly to assess whether or not these requests are at all achievable. I have a handful of users that do not want to migrate from Outlook 2003 because of the way the calendar is printed and their refusal of change. The main issues are as follows: - Need to combine Saturday and Sunday into one column, as it does in 2003, but has not been achievable in 2007 or 2010 that I've seen. Have tried third party apps to no avail. - Each day needs to be able to hold a multitude of appointments. An example I am lookin...

Analytical Accounting Account Access to multiple Dimensions
In Account Access to Transaction Dimension Codes window, we are able to assign dimension codes by specifying a particular account segment. Can we include the functionality to specifying using multiple account segments? Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

outlook express email #4
Is it possible to receive Outlook Express emails instead of Hotmail emails when I open Microsoft Outlook 2003. If so how would I change it? Outlook only receives emails for the accounts that are configured Your post doesnt indicate whether you only have a hotmail account or whether you have a pop/smtp isp account "alleycat" <alleycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF22A25-1C1C-432D-BAEC-2B664B8F19EF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to receive Outlook Express emails instead of Hotmail emails > when I open Microsoft Outlook 2003. If so how would ...

I have sbcglobal.net as my isp and want to use outlook but do not.
I do not know how to make the outlook e-mail work Drob2287 wrote: > I do not know how to make the outlook e-mail work Enter the correct names of the servers, your username and your password. Your Name: Guess what, your name goes here E-Mail Address: yourname@sbcglobal.net Incoming, POP3: pop.sbcglobal.net Outgoing, SMTP: smtp.sbcglobal.net User Name: yourname Password: ****** -- Any and all mail sent to kar98@the-coalition.us will be deleted automagically. Reply here or use Reply-To: instead ...

Outlook 2002: New Contacts & Events wont appear
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the names won't appear. Or I get the error; Errors have been detected in the file ....outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox Repair Tool. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I've been trying to reduce the size of the .PST by ...

Outlook Delays
Since installing Exchange Server 2000 my outlook clients experience a delay in sent mail leaving the OUTBOX unless you click on the outbox, then it goes right away. They are also experiencing delays on mail coming into their INBOX unless they click on the INBOX in the Folder List. The problem is that the UDP packets that Exchange uses to notify Outlook of mailbox changes (like a message leaving the Outbox) aren't reaching Outlook. Look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815052 to see if that might be the problem. Firewalls and routers might also be responsibl...

Outlook 2003
I created a Signature in the mail format . I set the font to blue and typed the signature. All is good but the first line with my name always comes out black. The rest is fine. If I change to any other color it works fine...any ideas? -- Raphie P. On 02/12/2009 in message <7945B415-A7EB-4C0B-9DEF-37646D8BA87C@microsoft.com> Ralphie wrote: >I created a Signature in the mail format . I set the font to blue and >typed >the signature. All is good but the first line with my name always comes >out >black. The rest is fine. If I change to any other c...

Backing Up Outlook Express 6 #2
Can it be done (address book / messages), and if so, how please ? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups microsoft.public.windows.inetex...

Typing names in Outlook email Send-to area
I inherited someone elses computer. Often when I type a name into the "send to" section, a drop down menu appears with names I do not know. How to I get rid of them and how do I add names I'd like to see? New entries will be added automatically as you send messages. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here: http://support.micr...

Outlook 2000 not automatically sending and receiving mail
Outlook is setup only to use MS postoffice. I will manually send and receive but not automatically. Anyone has a fix for this. I also do not see any options for this feature that i require. Thanks, Shawn ...

A few questions regarding Outlook 2003
I had created an account in Outlook and although it started out working fine - within a few hours I was no longer receiving emails - I could send email out, but for some reason wasn't receiving them? Why would that be? I decided to remove the account and create it again - thinking this may resolve the problem - however, when I chose to remove the account all the email information as well as folders I had created had remained. I thought once I removed the account -all the account information would also be removed and I could start from scratch - how can I remove all the account inf...

SBS 2003 SP2 Preimum migrate to Virtual 2003 R2 Enterprise multipl
Hi All, I have a client with a physical server running SBS 2003 SP2 that want's to migrate it to multiple Virtual servers. I would like for anyone with previous experience on SBS migration and licencing issues. The current server roles are: AD/DC Exchange 2003 ISA 2004 IIS DNS DHCP Print and File server The proposed solution I had in mind is to create 2x or 3x Virtual 2003 or 2008 servers and divide the roles equally between them. I am trying to get my head around the process as I have been told you cant careate another Enterprise/Standard server as a trust ...

Outlook Express 6 and compacting
Hello... My boss is using a copy of Outlook Express 6 and everytime he closes the program it wants to compact the files....... Is this even a good idea and is there a way by which to turn off this option? thank you Stan Rudnick <stan@andrewslucia.com> wrote: > My boss is using a copy of Outlook Express 6 and everytime he closes > the program it wants to compact the files....... Is this even a > good idea and is there a way by which to turn off this option? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. (In general, compacting is a good idea.) -- Brian Tillman Stan Rudn...

Multiple Formulas #3
Im creating a database for my school house and before i convert over to Access..Im trying to figure out some ways to calculate some numbers. For example, my hardest thing yet, if someone was to run an 18min:00sec 3mile run...he'll get a max score of 100. But if he ran it in 20min:34sec he'll get a score of 84. Being the longest run of 28min:00sec (failing). How do i create a formula to calculate the mins and sec to result in the point score. Set up your timing ranges on another sheet and then use a VLOOKUP with the last parameter set to TRUE. for example, if you table is a two...

safe to login as another outlook user?
hi, we have a LAN here with a Windows server and W98 clients. when I log on to the network in the morning when I turn my computer on, I enter a username and password. then when I open outlook, I see my email account and my emails. now when I log off and log on as another user (with permission) and start outlook, do I get to see his/her emails? if I reply and he/she opens outlook the next day, will 'my' replies be in his/her sent items folder? what would happen if she/he opened it at the same moment as I did? can I do something wrong? or is everything stored on the server? what if ou...

Outlook xp timeouts
After working for many moons, outlook now timesout about 80% of the time when I try to receive or send messages. Other times, it is just fine. Any suggestions? Don ...

Outlook 2007 stationary
How does one create new stationary in 07? I have looked everywhere and what was easy under former programs seems hidden now. thanks, There is no stationery creation tool in Outlook 2007 itself. See = http://turtleflock-ol2007.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1013F1F9A99E3D8!230.e= ntry --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54 =20 "Bill" <...

Outlook 2002 Send/Receive Progress
For some reason Outlook is trying to send and receive email nearly continuosly. This is very annoying as the send and receive progress continues to pop up, even though I have checked the box to "not show the dialog in the future". I have checked for viruses and have found none. I have FranlinCovey PlanPlus installed for Outlook and also have a PocketPC connected to my computer. Additionally we are using Microsoft Mail to provide office email. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! What do you show under your send/receive settings? Set the interval higher. Also check y...

Recieving msn/hotmail on outlook express
I'm trying to set my MSN e-mail up for outlook and I did the wizard clicked HTTP and then hotmail... but for some reason it wont connect... I get this message: Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0 and it wont download the folders: Service Unavailable Configuration: Account: Hotmail Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp U...

Outlook 2000: Send option disappeared
For some reason the send icons (all of them) have disappeared from the = standard toolbar and the main toolbar (under file). Also when I try to = hit Ctrl + Enter, it still doesn't send. Also tried to add the send = command from the customize box, but the send option has disappeared from = there too. I've never heard of anyone having this problem before and I'm = not sure what to do about it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Jen ...

AOL messages and outlook 2003
Hi, For some reason, I am unable to receive emails from anyone who sends them from an AOL address. I have no filters for AOL and in fact have changed the settings to allow all junk mail, and still no messages from AOL addresses make it through to me. It's very frustrating. My ISP says the problem is on the Microsoft end because all of my settings are correct. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Alan, Does your ISP have a spam filter on their server? Check to see if this exists on the server from the ISP website. To make sure there are no hidden rules, try the followi...

Outlook doesn't send mail by default account
Hi, I have a Exchange server which we don't want to use to send emails (just yet) for varoius reasons. All our users connect directly to POP3 accounts to retrieve emails and emails are sent via SMTP directly through our ISP's mailserver. I have a problem sending emails to internal Exchange users in that Outlook seems to ignore the default mail account and sends emails via exchange. This is only a problem when users are working aways from the office, emails aren't delivered to them until the re-connect to the Exchange server. I'm assuming that Outlook is seeing that t...

block on outlook message
When I switched to XPProfessional several saved messages now have a block on the attachment as a suspected "virus". In fact they are only screensavers that I've used many times before. Now they have .exe designation and the attachment box has disappeared. How do I get rid of the block? See if this information helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching goog...