Multiple Personal Folders

For some reason, Outlook has decided to duplicate
everything. I have multiple copies of the "Outlook Today
Personal Folders". Everytime I close a reopen Outlook it
adds another complete set of folders. How can I get rid of
them?
0
stevs2 (1)

"Stephen" <stevs2@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> For some reason, Outlook has decided to duplicate
> everything. I have multiple copies of the "Outlook Today
> Personal Folders". Everytime I close a reopen Outlook it
> adds another complete set of folders. How can I get rid of
> them?

Right-click on the root node for a folder branch (the one with "Outlook
Today") and see if the Close item is enabled.  It will NOT be enabled
for whichever information store is currently configured to receiving
incoming e-mails, but you can close the others.

Emails not saved in "sent" folder
The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, the item I supposedly sent does not appear in the sent folder. Help?! Chuck Humphrey Chuck Humphrey, you wrote on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:10:55 -0700: > The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a > known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with > the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, > the item I suppos...

Lost unread mail folder -- OL2003
for some reason my UNREAD Mail folder has disappeared from my favorites in Outlook 2003. Any Ideas how I can get it back and to work as original? Thanks in advance Davis The favorites is just a shortcut to the Search Folder. Rightclick it and choose Add to Favorite Folders If it's not there recreate it by righvtclicking Search Folders and choose New Search Folder... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic ...

multiple emails being sent out #2
It appears that when a message is sent through a > distribution list that sometimes the email gets hung in > the outbox. Outlook believes that the message has failed > to send but does not bring up an error message or > anything, it will just attempt to send it again approx. 2 > mins later. > The sending computer has in its sent items that the > message was sent at 10:30 AM > Two of the recieving computers recieved the message at > 10:14 AM > 10:18 AM > 10:20 AM > 10:22 AM > all computers recieve the time from the domain controller > so that the ti...

URGENT-Getting rid of Favorites Folder in Outlook 2003
HELP! send me info to pbraquel@yahoo.com. I have just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to 2003/office11 and I found out that the "Used-To-Be" Outlook Shortcut Bar has been replaced. My concern - when I first launch Outlook 2003 - the Favorites Folder comes on top! I need a way to hide or even to get rid of it. What I am trying to accomplish to bring MyShortcuts first and as a default on left pane. Has anyone of you questioned this feature as a nuisance? Does anyone have a resolution on it? Would appreciate any remedies. I rather like having the favorites appear at the top of the...

Multiple Match and return header
I am trying to find a way to Match on multiple values and return the header a row based on that. I have tried looking at combinations of vlookup, match, and index and so far haven't been able to figure out anything that can do what I need. I have a list of data with a person's name in the first column, and then headers for an action they took. Then data in each cell is then the date range they took the action. here is an example: Action 1 Action 2 Action 3 Action 4 John 2/3/2005 2/5/2006 5/7/2006 9/25/2006 Bob 1/3/2006 5/3/200...

Why does a graphic or print multiple times in the same document?
When I print from publisher to my Canon color copier,graphics appear multiple times in the same document. This could be many things- Temp files need cleaning A simple restart of cpu & printer A bad printer driver Check those first. "Carla" wrote: > When I print from publisher to my Canon color copier,graphics appear multiple > times in the same document. Carla wrote: || When I print from publisher to my Canon color copier,graphics appear || multiple times in the same document. Carla, check out the following kb article. This is actually a known bug that affects the e...

Limit in the num. of emails in a single Outlook folder
Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain in a single folder? If so, does that limit include all the email contained in its subfolders too? lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain > in a single folder? Every folder can contain at a minimum 64K items (size doesn't matter) and the entire data store can contain at a minimum 20GB. -- Brian Tillman > lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > > > Is there a limit in the number of...

LDAP, AD and Public Folders
Currently we have all of our company wide contacts in a Public Folder. Can we access those contacts with LDAP without having to move them all to the AD as contacts? If the only way to access them through LDAP is if the are contacts in the AD, is there an easy way to move them all from the public folder to AD? If the contacts have to be in AD, how do I allow users to be able to add/edit/delete these contacts through Outlook? We are using Exchange 2000 and Outlook 200x. Thank you for your help "Shirley DeLong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Currently we h...

Calculated Control Refers to Multiple Reports
I have five reports, which for formatting reasons cannot be combined into one. They all open automatically with one command and need to be paginated as if they are one report. The number of pages for each report will differ depending on the data entered for each record. Pagination for each report sums the total number of pages ([Pages]) for the previous reports. The calculated control in the reports looks like this: report name: Report 2 control name: NewPage control source: =[Reports]![Report1]![Pages]+1 report name: Report 3 control name: NewPage control source: =[Reports]![Report1...

Problems with Exchange across multiple domains in same forest
Hey all, hoping I can get some help here: 1. Unable to view GAL for separate domain in same forest. Full GAL shows up in ESM but not in outlook. GAL that does show will update as new users added to first domain, but not second domain obviously. 2. Unable to authenticate to exchange server from second domain when setting up exchange connection. When setting up exchange connection using a user from first domain exchange works fine. Any help appreciated! -- ____________________________________________ Scott C. Reynolds - Tales From the SharpSide http://www.scottcreynolds....

Outlook 2007 collapsed folders
Its minor but annoying. For some reasons my folders (e.g. inbox, unread, etc.) have an initial collapsed view requiring me to always have to click the '+' sign. If new mail comes in I cant see the header right away until I uncollasped the folder. Did I change the default view somewhere? Thanks Kita kita@kit.com <kita@kit.com> wrote: > Its minor but annoying. For some reasons my folders (e.g. inbox, > unread, etc.) have an initial collapsed view requiring me to always > have to click the '+' sign. What tye of account? -- Brian Tillman On Thu, 9 Aug 200...

multiple images in list control #2
Hi, I need to insert individual images for individual columns in a list control. How to go about this ? Thank you. ...

Changing formula in multiple cells or range simultaneously
I am trying to change the value in multiple cells in a large worksheet simultaneuously. I want to identify the range and then adjust the formula in the entire range. Is there a way that I can highlight the range and then change to formula in each, simultaneously? For example, if I wanted to double the value in the entire range, how would I do this? Thanks, Michael You could put 2 in an empty cell. Copy it Edit|Paste special|click on Multiply under the operation section. Then clear out that 2. But it really depends on what kind of change you're making. If you wanted to ad...

Current Folder PROGRAM is Running
How can I get the current folder my program is running? What function from Windows API?! /* the variables */ char path[_MAX_PATH] = { 0 }; /* get the module file name and strip final portion */ GetModuleFileName(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), path, _MAX_PATH); char* lp = strrchr(path, '\\') + 1; *lp = '\0'; Enjoy, - MR "renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OTrh8Jk3EHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I get the current folder my program is running? > What function from Windows API?! > > Mark Randall wrote: > > How can...

Exchante 2000 deleted public folder
Using Exchange 2000 a client deleted a public folder called say AAA by mistake. It staff member. Therefore the folder had an email address of AAA@xxx.nsw.gov.au. We found an old PST and tried under exchange admin to recreate the folder. It kept saying email address already exists. Found under AD users/computers advanced the Exchange folder and found the object for this folder. How do we recreate the folder using the same email address. This email address is published on our website so we cannot change it. Urgent any hep accepted -- Kath On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:41:03 -0800, Kaddi...

Get a specific Program files folder
Hi! I made a Deploy project in VS2003. The setup copy a xla and a xlt a specific Program files folder. After the copy, i want to execute a .vbs that will copy and register the xla and the xlt. My problem is to get my new program files folder. Is there a vbs code that i can execute to get it? Thanks, Thierry Paradis. "Thierry Paradis" wrote in message news:emUEhMuPGHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl > I made a Deploy project in VS2003. The setup copy a xla and a xlt a specific > Program files folder. After the copy, i want to execute a .vbs that will > copy and register ...

Folders lock?
Is there any way in MS Windows Live Mail to lock the folders that should NEVER be deleted? I have inadvertently deleted folders from time to time, because of the obscure, fuzzy screen layout. I would like to lock those folders that normally are not to be deleted. Is there any way to do this? Gordon No. not really. Folders under Storage Folders are somewhat more durable since they don't go away when deleting a mail account. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Antares 531" <gordonlrDELETE@swbel...

Search ALL Mail folders
(Microsoft Office Outlook 2003). When I type a word in the "Look for:" box, click "All Mail folders" in the "Search in" drop-down list and click "Find Now", the results appear in a list labelled "Inbox". (This leads me believe that only the "Inbox" folder is being searched). How do I see the results from ALL folders? Searching the Inbox folder includes all subfolders if you have specified they are included. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook ve...

Email Archiving/Routing to Public Folders, based on domain names
Ok, here's what I'm going for: I'm beginning to use Sharepoint to manage my client's network configurations (documentation, knowledgebases, etc). I plan on having a unique Sharepoint site per client, and I'm well aware of how to link a public folder to the site. What I'd like to accomplish - to have all email sent and received to a specific client journaled/archived to a public folder, which is linked to that particular client's sharepoint site. Eg - joe@contoso.com emails me with his IT issue. I respond back, resolve Joe's problem, everything's ...

Public Folder Email Address
I need to extract a list of the email addresses that are used for mail enabled public folders, there are many folders that have built up over the last few years and some of the folders have several address's associated with them. We run exhange 2000. Does anyone know of any tools i could use or reports i could generate from exchange? Many thanks, Charlie. you should be able to run a query in ADUC looking for all PFs that have smtp addresses... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E20828C-5908-4948-B845-9BEF19...

Sent Folder Shows "FROM" instead of "TO" (Recipient)
I have two AOL email accounts set up in Outlook 2007. On one account the Sent Folder displays the recipient "TO"which is good. But on the other the Sent Folder does not display the recipient "TO" it just displays the "FROM" which I already know it's from me. Can anyone tell me how to change the account so the Sent folder will display who the message is going to instead of who it came from? Check under the View | Arrange By (or View | Current View) to see if you accidently changed the view to sort by "From" rather than "To...

Count with multiple criteria
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to make a small "load" calculator which would count the current load for each individual based on below data: A B C D JJ 4 21/04 JJ 2 19/04 BJ 2 18/04 DONE BJ 5 16/04 JJ 2 20/04 DONE BJ 3 24/04 Today : 21/04 A - Individual B - Hour required to complete task C - Deadline (week/year) D - "DONE" if completed, otherwise empty So the goal is to calculate for each indivual the total number of hours (from column B) with following conditions: for Individual JJ sum column B if C equal o...

formating multiple worksheet via print preview
I have a multiple worksheet workbook that I need to change several features about all the worksheets (page orientation, fit to 1 page, etc.). How can I do this formating and have it apply to all the worksheets selected in the group rather than having to do it to each worksheet separately? Thanks in advance. Roger Roger Group the worksheets you want to change. Change the relevant settings on one of them and it will be reflected in the others. Don't forget to ungroup the sheets afterwards. Andy. "Roger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

outlook 2010 folder display missing after email moved into it
After you move a message into a folder, the folder name on the folders display pane on the left disappeared... the only way to get it back is to exit and restart outlook 2010 However, this doesn't happen if you move a message into a subfolder.. ...

Subform Filter with Multiple Criteria
Hi all, I've got a subform and can filter via this code: frmSUB.Form.Filter = strFilter frmSUB.Form.FilterOn = True But, it only works with a single criteria, so when strFilter = something like [Application] = 'ProgramA' If I try multiple criteria, I get error 2448. Something must be wrong w/ my syntax, but I don't know what it could be. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance - [Application] = 'ProgramA';[Profile] = 'AMAS' On Aug 3, 9:35 am, Zilty <ziltm...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I've got a subform and can filter via this ...