Multiple Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail Navigation panes

Would greatly appreciate help.
I have two Personal Folders (both with the same sub folders: Inbox,
Sent Items, etc.) in the Folder List and Mail views in the Navigation
Pane.

With both, when I right click on them, the selection "close personal
folder" is grayed.  How do I get rid of one of them??
Thank you.
0
jsg (14)

If they are true personal folders then you must go through
tools, services, highlight appropriate personal folder and
remove it there. This is for Outlook 2k, you didnt specify
which version.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/1/2004 7:35:59 PM
Sorry about not stating the version.  It is 2003.  Can you advise
about this version?  Thanks.

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<16f5b01c41820$8f2bf7e0$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> If they are true personal folders then you must go through
> tools, services, highlight appropriate personal folder and
> remove it there. This is for Outlook 2k, you didnt specify
> which version.

0
jsg (14)

Installing Microsoft Publisher 2007 on multiple computers.
I purchased Publisher 2007 software in March and installed it on two computers. I now need it on a third but I have realized that it can only be installed twice. Can I delete it from one its currently on so that I can have it on another? If so, how does that work? Use the phone activation and explain. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jen" <jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF73600-9A52-46D2-9EF4-5665BE693CC8@microsoft.com... >I purchased Publisher 2007 software in March and installed it on two > computers. I now need it on a third but...

Mail Filtering
I have SMTP mail filtering configured and turned on for my SMTP virtual server IP address. My question is will the sender of a message that is going to be filtered out get a non-delivery response or will it just look as if the message has gone through to them? ...

PERSONAL.XLS doesnt hide
Hi, I made PERSONAL.XLS as I wanted have makro opening every time I open excel. What should I do to make PERSONAL.XLS hided as now its open normally every time I open my excel. regards Peter Hi Peter It all depends upon its state when you last exited Excel. Whilst you have Excel open, activate the Personal.xls screen and choose Windows>Hide. Exit Excel, then open again and Personal.xls will not be visible. Regards Roger Govier Piotr wrote: > Hi, > I made PERSONAL.XLS as I wanted have makro opening every time I open > excel. > What should I do to make PERSONAL.XLS hi...

Creating a filter for a list box
I want to create a filter for a list box that I can turn off and on using a check box on the same form. Currently, I am using a query to filter the list box. The query serves as the data source for the box. Is there a way I can create a filter and then turn it on and off using a check box? Thank you for your help. Best, John Use criteria in the query like this --- Like IIf([forms]![myform]![mycheck]=-1,"*" & "s" & "*") & "*" The above only select items that have an 's' if box is checked. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a lit...

Do not send mail when asign task
Hey, I don't want outlook to send a mail when I asign a task. And I want on the other side to accept the task automatically. ...

Counting Sent E-Mails
All, Using Outlook 2003, is there a way to count the number of e-mails I send per day? Ideally I would create a list something like below going back three months historically. Day Sent E-Mails 12/26/04 45 12/27/04 12 12/28/04 35 12/29/04 20 12/30/04 12 12/31/04 40 Any ideas would be appreciated. Regards, Joel Outlook has nothing like that built-in, but the article at http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=9167 explains how to write a little code to do that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

Pulldown List to open Workbook.
I have a supplier who updates his pricelist via several spreadsheets. I want to create an interface so that I may access the appropriate pricelist (workbook) by simply selecting the proper category from a pulldown menu (list). So basically, if I select "Piping" from the pulldown menu, it would open "Piping.xls" either within my main workbook or by itself. I have no macro experience so I was hoping I could do this without using them... is this possible? Opening a workbook from a dropdown box requires a macro. You could, however, create a list of links to your workbooks (...

Money 2004 crashes when requesting "account list"
I've been using Money for quite a while, and built a large file. I upgraded to 2004 when buying a new computer and imported the old file. When I request "Account List" from the button or the "Accounts & Bills" menu, the program declares an error and closes itself. The error message it transmit to Microsoft is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0002f2a5" Another Money file I have (tracking a different set of accounts) does not have this problem. I have tried remove and reinstalling the progr...

Mails are send out after restart the server
Hello everyone, I have installed Exchange 2003 Enterprise, in the exisiting Exchange 2000 Ent. Organization. All went smoothly and I was able to move my mail box to new server, and I was able to log in. For test I send one message to internal user and did not received. So I rebooted the server and message went to that mail box. I tried again to send he message internal and then external. Again few hours I call both user (internal and externa) and did not received the mail. I restarted again the server and they receive. However I can receive emails from outside world and also fro...

Two Personal Folder...pointing to the same location
Hello, i am using Outlook 2003. In the "All Mail Folders" section, i see TWO "Personal Folders" tree node. Both are pointing to the same same location, namely: res://C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\outlwvw.dll/outlook.htm How can i get rid of one of these? there is not option to close or remove one of thse when i right click on the node. This is a nuisance because when i am using certain apps that integrate with outlook contacts, it appears they are never able to find my contacts the first time. i have to manually switch to the second folder to be ...

Multiple MX records
I have setup Exchnage2003 server with few mailboxes, which are frequently accessed by various (pop3) users located in different countries. My primary responsibility is to provide uninterrupted mail service, especially SMTP service. For some (?) reason, if I have to restart the server... by the sametime.... if some user send mails to somebody, the mail returns back to the sender. I want to setup backup SMTP server, which will only be used when the primary server goes down. Which is the best way to do this without investing more money? Somebody suggests to put additional MX record pointing my I...

personal folders Pst errors
It seems like everytime I open my outlook mail I get these popup windows that say that outlook cannot find my personal folders and I have to close each window before I can retrieve my mail. anyone have any ideas what is causing this problem or better yet how I can correct this annoying problem? Does the message give a path it's trying to access? Also, how many top level folder show in the folder tree in the left hand panel? Have you tried right clicking on them and choosing 'Close'? "Richard Mahan Sr" <dmachen35@home.com> wrote in message news:uxn0XRS0FH...

Duplicate e-mails #5
I just switched ISP's to SBC Yahoo. Now when Outlook 2000 gets my mail from their servier, I get all duplicates. I did not have this problem with Earthlink, and nothing else has changed. SBC Yahoo suggested installing SP-3. I already have that and all other updates. They suggested that they couldn't help and that I contact Microsoft. Can anyone help me? Thanks in avance for any help. Please respond via e-mail to: mg61251@hotmail.com. Marc Goldfarb ...

How do I model personal loans to my business
hi, I have a question about how to model a personal loan to my own business? The situation is this. I started my own business and I am basically lending my personal business a $20K loan @ 8% as start-up capital to purchase equipments and such out of my personal bank account. Currently my business does not have its own account, though it will later if the business succeeds. Now to model in this MS Money, would the best way be to: 1 - create a virtual bank account, transfer money into that account and enter the equipment purchase transactions in that virtual bank account 2 - create a ...

How do i add many emails to a distribution list at one time?
Hi - I would like to be able to do this: 1. Copy all of the emails in an emal cc or bcc list. 2. Create a new distribution list 3. Copy all of the email into the distribution list in one step. how the heck do i do that? some of the emails are not folks i would have in my contacts... Thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/create/dl.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Scheduled sending mail in 2003
hi, I am using outlook 2003 and i just wanted to is there any option available in outlook 2003 where a particular drafted mail can be sent to a single person evry day at a fixed time....evenif i am at home and not opened my outlook. regards, rkp For the first part of your question; Yes, see http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/recurringemail.htm The second part is not possible without Outlook running somewhere as otherwise there is no way to process this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outl...

drop down list 11-24-09
Hi How can I create a drop down list which is on a separate worksheet but in the same file? The name of the worksheet is Idaunits. And I want the drop down list on a separate worksheet named WCU Sept. Thanks 1I1A 1I1B 1I2 1I3 1I4 1I4A 1I4B 1I5 1I6 1I96 1I97 1I98 1L20 1L40 1L50 1Z2 1Z3 2I1 2I1A 2I1B 2I2 2I3 2I3B 2I4 2I4A 2I4B 2I5 2I6 2I96 2I97 2I98 2L20 2L40 2L50 2Z2 2Z3 Goto Insert - Name - Define. Select your range of cells with your list, and give it a name (MyRange). Click Add, Ok out. On your other worksheet, goto Data - Validation - Lis...

Best practice for updating/upgrading multiple machines
I have 5 computers on my network that use GP 8, 1 server and 4 client computers. I've never enjoyed applying the latest service packs and other updates because I find myself going to each machine one by one, keeping everyone out of the software to avoid messing up the shared dictionary files (stored a file server). Is there a better way to go about this process? I can't imagine how a larger company goes about installing the latest tax updates or service pack without a number of people doing the process. unfortunately, for GP v8 you will have to go around to the machines. GP...

Junk Mail Filter Ignores Setting to Ignore Contact List Members
I find that the Outlook 2003 Junk Mail filter ignores my Safe Sender list in some cases. I have several lists and users that I get mail I want from but most mail from them go straight into the junk e-mail folder instead of being ignored by outlook as they should. Same applies to some people on my contact list, i've set the junk mail filter to ignore email from people on my contact list but it doesn't help. It appears that certain words and/or short messages triggers the junk mail filter but then it bypasses the "ignore people on my contact list" and "safe send...

Public Folder
I have a request I'm having trouble filling... Notes: - The idea is (and to stay) contained within our Exch Public Folder(s). - We have task and calendar objects in this location for the specified action described below. The goal: Assign a task and have it display for the user(s) in a calendar view. So far: - I've looked around at views of Tasks, nothing that comes close to a calendar layout. Is this an over-sight on my part? - I've tried making the new task object relate to the new calendar object, no luck. Is there something I pebcaked? - I know the SDK package ca...

Restore a Public Folder
One of our users deleted a Public Folder and I need to restore it. For some reason, the individual folder was NOT backed up to the Bricks Layer backup, but I do have a tape with the entire Public Folder Store. I also have an older Exchange 2003 server that we just migrated our mailboxes away from. Question is, how can I restore the Public Folder Store without affecting any of the existing Public Folders? I was hoping to restore the Public Folder Store as a file and then mount it to the old Exchange 2003 Server, but I can't restore it as a file. I think I need to restore it in...

Single email ID in multiple group
Hi, I have outlook 2007 and I have configered hotmail account with Outlook connector. I have three questions. 1. Even if mulitple email IDs are saved under one contact name. Outlook shows that senders mails in multiple groups, when arranging by 'From'. (Display name for all emails is same) 2. Connector is not sycronising made changes in contact to my hotmail account. 3. How do I change .ost folder under outlook connector settings ? Please advise me on these issues. Thanks, ~ JeVs ...

Exclude matches in a list
--____YYFNYPCQEPRARTJPNJTN____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 14 Mar 2008 05:35:30 -0500" QWxsLA0KDQpJIGhhdmUgYSBkeW5hbWljIHJhbmdlIGxpc3QgYnV0IHRoZXJlIGFyZSBtYW55IGR1 cGxpY2F0ZXMgd2l0aGluIDkwMCsgZW50cmllcy4gSXMgdGhlcmUgYW55d2F5IHRvIHByZXZlbnQg ZHVwbGljYXRlcyBmcm9tIHNob3dpbmcgaW4gYSBkcm9wZG93bj8NCg0KRGF2aWQ= --____YYFNYPCQEPRARTJPNJTN____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____FLAHYDPYDBEUWALLZPCC____" --____FLAHYDPYDBEUWALLZPCC____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=ut...

List of markup prints with the document
When a document with Tracking turned on is printed, it prints the document AND the list of Markup (Reviewing Pane). In the Print dialog box, under Print what: Document is selected when printing (List of Markup is not selected when printing). Why is this list printing anyway along with the document? -- Wanda Garner Highmark Blue Shield ...

Items selected from List Box
I would like to display records in a list box, allow the user to select one or more, then click a button on the form and be brought to another form that allows him to edit just those selected records. I have created and populated the list box, and designed the form to edit the records, but don’t know how to supply the 2nd form with the criteria that is coming from the list box (which records to display) This probably quite easy, but can’t find an example of how this is done in any of the sample templates available on the Microsoft site. Any help is greatly appreciated. jklm, Assuming...