multiple personal folders #8

I have reinstalled Outlook 2003 and now have multiple personal folders. I
have gone the the unwanted folder and right clicked and tried to close it. I
get an error that says "operation failed. object could not be found". Someone
also suggested I to to control panel/mail/ data files and remove folder
there. I did that and it worked for one of the extra ones... There is only
one folder listed there. I don't want to delete that just incase it deletes
all of my email folders. I am relatively computer savvy but not much good at
registry files. A little nervous about the outcome. By the way, I can go to
the extra folder and open any files there so I don't think it is corruppted.
HELP

Just recreate your profile under Control Panel-Mail Icon-Show Profiles-New.
Do not copy your old one, it is corrupt.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Temecula AA asked:

| I have reinstalled Outlook 2003 and now have multiple personal
| folders. I have gone the the unwanted folder and right clicked and
| tried to close it. I get an error that says "operation failed. object
| could not be found". Someone also suggested I to to control
| panel/mail/ data files and remove folder there. I did that and it
| worked for one of the extra ones... There is only one folder listed
| there. I don't want to delete that just incase it deletes all of my
| email folders. I am relatively computer savvy but not much good at
| registry files. A little nervous about the outcome. By the way, I can
| go to the extra folder and open any files there so I don't think it
| is corruppted. HELP

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Exch2k Calendar in Public folder post meeting request not available?
I have created a calendar in a public folder, and want it to accept meeting requests through OWA, not the default appointments. When I try to change it via Outlook 2002 it tells me it cannot accept this type? I.e. On the general tab for the folder properties it says "When posting to this folder use, Appointment (I want to use "Meeting Request" from the forms ....) Also when logging into the public folder and creating an appointment, it does not allow me to add attendees? it is grayed out. Any help would be much appreciated. Tim ...

Starting Outlook #8
I have a hotmail account, but want to use the outlook program for my Hotmail email. Is this possible, and how do I configure the system to do it? -- sdj Your hotmail account must be a POP3 type of account, i.e., paid account. "sdemetor@hotmail.com" <thomjoad512@aol.com> wrote in message news:43439AC7-76C4-476A-8912-B5B023CE47FA@microsoft.com... >I have a hotmail account, but want to use the outlook program for my >Hotmail > email. Is this possible, and how do I configure the system to do it? > -- > sdj Chuck Davis <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com...

folder access by mail-enabled user
We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site mailbox at their home site. How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder of a local user? They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill down to the user... HankC The user will have to log into that mailbox separately. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "HankC" <clarkc@missouri.edu> wrote in message news:d739ad46-fa2e-43dc-a4b1-04006badddd9@d21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... >...

how to let emails get into each folder?
Hi all, I saw my boss has this feature in his outlook 2003: He divides the inbox into "Family", "Work", ... etc. folders, then whenever a new email arrives, they will automatically get into these folders... How to do that? Thanks a lot! Rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, networm asked: | Hi all, | | I saw my boss has this feature in his outlook 2003: | | He divides the inbox into &q...

Multiple Worksheet Scrolling
This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum so please forgiv me if I do something wrong. I am creating a workbook with multiple spreadsheets, the first shee simply totals cells in the other sheets. All sheets are very simila and have information all in the same layout. I would like to get al of the sheets to scroll together at the same time so if a user switche worksheets then they will be in the same location as on the previou worksheet. This would greatly enhance the usability of this workbook. I don't know how to explain this any better right now, if I was unclea on somet...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

multiple empty accounts showed up
I have three accounts with Broker X, which I've tracked for some time with Money (2006 Premium). Only one of them was set up for automatic updates. As soon as I enabled the other two for automatic updates, Money created SEVEN new empty accounts ("Broker X Cash Account", "Broker X Cash Account #2", ... "Broker X Margin Account", etc.) separate from the two I wanted to connect. Next thing I know, I have NINE pending statements for these seven imaginary and empty accounts, displaying "bank balance" totalling somewhere in the range of $200,000! Go...

Outlook 98 Sharing Net Folders
I have setup my calendar sharing by using the netfolders feature that comes with OL 98 and my other computer received the invintation to participate but the originating computer never gets the acceptance of the invitation. This is not just a problem with these two computers but all of them at my work. It seems you setup netfolder and go through the wizard, send an invitation, then accept it, but it never goes beyond that. I meet all the requirements such as a pop email system, internet mail trasnport type with rich test format. What am i missing? Thank you! Christian ...

Move all Public folders from one server to anorther.
What is the best solution to moving all the Public folders from one server to another server ? The servers is NOT in the same doman, organisation or site. I hav TCP/IP connectivitybetween the servers. Jane On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:32:29 +0200, dfgdfgd <kdhvjhg@jsfsgsd.com> wrote: >What is the best solution to moving all the Public folders from one >server to another server ? The servers is NOT in the same doman, >organisation or site. I hav TCP/IP connectivitybetween the servers. > > >Jane This will do a replication: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238573/ after whic...

Cannot print both-sided by selecting multiple worksheets
Any batch or 3rd-party program can fix this problem?? When printing multiple worksheets, it print one sheet as one file... I must select "page from X to X" to resolve this problem every-time. It's really trouble to do this, and as I remember it works before upgrade XP SP3. ...

Public Folders not listed on Folder List
I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. Have you permission to see each folder? /Lasse "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:ORUUCoMpGHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using >Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. > Could you see them yesterday? Describe what happened - what changes did you make to the system? .. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Lasse Pette...

Using Crystal 8.5, how can I import to Excel?
I have some reports that I have created in Crystal 8.5. They have drill down information in them and I need to have the same format setup in Excel. Any thoughts on how I can do this? ...

Exchange 2003 - SchedulePlusFreeBusy Folder
Hello, I am running exchange 2003 SP1 (new server, no upgrades) and I am recieving the following messaage: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8275 Date: 8/23/2004 Time: 2:01:07 AM User: N/A Computer: PG-ADR-EXCH-03 Description: SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine PG-ADR-EXCH-03. The error number is 0x80040115. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any information. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Paul. ...

Not able to acces public folders on outlook 2003
not able to access Public folders on outlook 2003 after installing office 2003 service pack. please let me know how to fix this issues What happens when you try? Did you try making a new profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your fav...

Outlook 2003 starts up at every logon although not in Startup folder
I am using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro and it automatically starts up whenever I log on to the computer. I want to stop this behaviour, but I don't know how to. I removed it from the Startup folder, but it is still launching every time. Can this option have been configured some other way? Thanks in advance for any assistance. -- Stephen Turner Stephen Turner <sretnews@adelie.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro and it automatically starts up > whenever I log on to the computer. I want to stop this behaviour, but > I don't know how to. Click Start&...

WLM, Windows Live Contacts, and Multiple Accounts
I have 2 Hotmail accounts configuring in WLM Desktop. When I select Go==>Contacts, the Windows Live Contacts dialog is shown, but only for _one_ of my email accounts. I can't figure out how to show the contacts related to the other account. Does anyone know how? Thanks, P. Upper right corner where your live acct ID is shown.. "sign in with a different ID". Choose other ID. "Oceanclub" <Oceanclub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95D4DAD4-3307-4FA7-8BE6-A73C4DE198D4@microsoft.com... > I have 2 Hotmail accounts configuring ...

Multiple reports within one report
I want to create a single report so the pagination (header and footer info would be consistent).... BUT, this report will be composed of a series of small table-style reports, each accompanied by a pie chart. My problem is that the client wants the pie charts NEXT to the tabular report. So, I have a subreport on the left, which can be set to grow or shring, and a pie chart on the right, which appears to be limited to whatever size I make it. Beneath each report will be a section of "free-form" comments pertaining to the report. The problem is that I have approximately 8 of these...

Multiple E-mail Address for 1 User with Forwarding
Is it possible to create 2 E-mail addresses for one user and have the 2nd forward to the first? TIA. -- Regards, Allan C They are currently running Exchange Server 5.5 sp4. The scenario is that one user is receiving a lot of Spam. He would like to change his E-mail address * now * before he can contact everyone. Even if he did, some people will send to his old address by mistake. So, we would like to have 2 addresses running concurrently so nothing drops in the bit bucket. We would like to have the first address (with the Spam) forward to the 2nd so that he doesn't have to login ...

Personal.xls
Everytime I open an Excel file..Personal locked for editing,how do I correct this? Any help appreciated.Thanks. It sounds like you open a second instance of personal.xls, that is the only way I can get that message. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bob" <rturner9@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:0ba301c3db5e$cbf86bd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Everytime I open an Excel file..Personal locked for > editing,how do I correct this? Any help appreciated.Thanks. It may be that the "read only" file attribute is set. You can change that through Windows Explorer. -- Jim ...

outlook 2k, win xp pro, OLK folder, and users
Hey all. Need some help here. I don't even know if there is a way to do force this. Here is the scenario: User receives email with attachment in outlook User open email User opens attachment (word, excel, whatever) User makes changes to document User clicks on File, chooses Save As Word for example, wants to save the file in hidden directory such as "C:\Documents and Settings\jim bob\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\olk1234" User tries to browse for it, can't find it. Now if the user does this: User receives email with attachment in outlook User opens email Use...

Multiple lines from different tables in a report detail
I'm not sure if I can easily describe what I'm trying to do here, but here goes... Let's say I'm trying to make a report that describes the vehicles each person in my database owns. So I have a table for each person, a table for cars, and a table for pickup trucks. There's a one to many relationship from each person to the car table, and from person to trucks. The car and truck tables don't have the same fields, so I need them to be different tables. I want my report to look like this: Person Car Name Car Mileage Truck Name Cargo Cap...

Is there any way to hide folders with the "_files" extension?
Not sure what they are or why they are there, but the folders with the "_files" extension really clutter things up and make it difficult to find the files I am looking for. Any way to hide those, or some other method so that I don't have to look at these? They are the files associated with documents saved as web pages. Save your web pages in a separate folder from your Word documents and avoid the clutter. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP ...

why is it saying sheetcnt is "variable not defined" how to do a global variable to share over multiple functions in vba for excel?
why is it saying sheetcnt is "variable not defined" how to do a global variable to share over multiple functions in vba for excel? Dim sheetcnt As Integer Private Sub cmdImport_Click() sheetcnt = 1 Daniel, Dimming a variable outside the procs makes it module-level. If you'll need to use it across modules, make it project level: Public sheetcnt As Integer -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23ya7IdBhFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > w...

How do I transpose multiple rows into columns?
I have data organized (in Office 2007) as such: A B C D E F and so on I want to tranpose it so it appears in columns as: A B C D E F and so on. Is there a way to transpose multiple rows so the information is stacked into columns? Thanks a million! Copy > PasteSpecial > Transpose.........as many times as you need......can be set to a macro if done frequently.. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Nick" wrote: > I have data organized (in Office 2007) as such: > > A > B > C > > D > E > F > > and so on > > I want to tranpose it so...

How do I do a New Mail Alert on a seperate folder??
I have a rule to divert my important messages to a seperate folder marked Urgent. Problem is, how do I apply a rule to this folder?? Lets say new mail has come in and 2 messages have been sent to Urgent folder.. I need to know right away that this folder has 2 new items.. Can someone please help?? Seems silly to have rules only for Inbox.. Thanks, Ajay I think you've got things mixed up now. All mails are being delivered to the Inbox. With rules you can automatically move them to a different folder. You can also set the action to show the New Message Notification in the rule. -...