Multiple Personal Folders #6

Somehow, I now have 3 sets of Personal Folders in my 'All
Mail Folders' view. If I go into my Outlook Data Files it
only shows 1. My main folder (the one with the little
house and clock icon)is fine. The other two seem to be
copies of my main one - with the same folders, etc, but,
they are not changing (nothing new has been added to them
as has the main pst.)

If I try to close either of the redundent ones I get an
error message:

The operation failed. An object could not be found.

Any thoughts??
0
anonymous (74722)

This means your mail profile somehow got corrupted and you'll need to
recreate it. You can do this in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show
Profiles...

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
"Greg C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somehow, I now have 3 sets of Personal Folders in my 'All
> Mail Folders' view. If I go into my Outlook Data Files it
> only shows 1. My main folder (the one with the little
> house and clock icon)is fine. The other two seem to be
> copies of my main one - with the same folders, etc, but,
> they are not changing (nothing new has been added to them
> as has the main pst.)
>
> If I try to close either of the redundent ones I get an
> error message:
>
> The operation failed. An object could not be found.
>
> Any thoughts??

0
Roady

Personal.xls Workbook
I have a workbook that is very very slow to open-its take about a minute to open. With your folks help I have alot of VBA coding in this workbook. Also somehow a reference file or something like that as attached it self to this particular workbook, how do I remove that as well? A person here at work suggested that I look at the personal.xls workbook, they couldn't remember how to find it, and I really have no clue. Can somebody explain to me how to locate this book to see if this might be the problem? Thanks Steve I should have said that the reference is referrin...

Open of automatic folder
Hi We have a folder called Market Intelligence where we have a record called welcome. At the moment you have to double-click on the folder Market Intelligence and the double-click on the record before the welcome text appear. To avoid a double-click we want the record Welcome to open automatically when double-click on the folder Market Intelligence. Best regards Henrik ...

Public Folder Contact list export
I have a Public Folders Contact list that I need to export to an Excel format. In Outlook 2003 when I go to File-Import and Export, it does not list any Public Folders. How can this be done? Copy Contacts from PF to your mailbox or an Outlook PST folder and export to file. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "MikeO" <MikeO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:804F410F-A76D-44C5-BD85-C47DD5DF127D@microsoft.com... >I have a Public Folders Contact list that I need to export to an E...

Multiple subform issues
G'day all, I am using Access 2000 under Win2000 and encountering some exceedingly strange errors with some of the subforms in my solution. The usual error is for Access to freeze upon a requery of the subform after editing one of the subform records. I have set things up so that the user has to explicitly modify all records so that I can track changes and use permissions to restrict the ability to edit data. A stopgap measure is currently in place until I can set up all of the users' machines properly - I show a form in Dialog mode and ask for a password, close the form and then take...

Large no. of items in Public Folders
Hi, I have a situation at a customer’s site with regards to public folders on exchange 2000. Customer had set up Mail enabled public folders and is sending automatic e-mails to it (Like alerts, notifications, resumes etc). Most of them are very short messages. Over the period of time it has grown so large that it now has over 3 million items. Now the problem is they cannot open it. Well they can, provided they wait for 2 hours. And event then, any mouse click will again take 2 hours to respond. – in short they cannot use it. I had seen this behavior at other sites too. My question i...

Multiple Users desiring separate inbox and calendar
I have set up 2 users on one PC using Microsoft 2000/Windows 98. I thought when I set this up, each user would have their own inbox and calendar. However, I have realized that they are still the same inbox and calendar. Have I missed a step somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help. kay (tn) wrote: > I have set up 2 users on one PC using Microsoft 2000/Windows 98. I > thought when I set this up, each user would have their own inbox and > calendar. However, I have realized that they are still the same inbox > and calendar. Have I missed a step somewhere? Thanks in advance ...

Deliver mail from one address to multiple users?
Is it possible to configure Exchange 2003 to send (or forward) email that comes in for a certain email address to two different users on our system? If so, how can I make this happen? For example, we have an email address "sales@mycompany.com" and we have two different users "User1" and "User2" who both need to see the messages that are sent to this particular address. Of course they both still have their own individual email accounts that do not need to be shared. Currently, this sales address is configured as an additional SMTP address for User1, but if ...

why 2 'sent items' folders when 1 isn't used?
Whenever I send an email a copy is stored in the sent items folders of my default account. I would prefer to have it saved in the sent items folder of my storage folders, but can't find any way to make that happen. Why have that second folder if it is not used? Mail accounts use the Sent Items folder within the account folder. Newsgroup messages use the Storage folders/Sent Items folder - ie..the second folder is used. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "corystes" <corystes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0374B5A-7A93-40CF-939C-921E5...

Toggle Folder Colors
I don't think MS has this feature, but I'd like to see it built into the software if it's not already there. I'd like to toggle the color of folders by going into the "properties" tab and not by needing to replace the icon. Right now the folders are all plain manila. We like to keep all proposal and project folders in the directory until the end of the year, but some of the proposals never went anywhere. I'd like to change these to a different color, like red, once they became dead ends and make them quickly distinguishable between live and dead ones...

Can't Find Contact Folder?
When I click the contact folder I Outlook "cant find the folder". Where is this setting so I can see which folder it's looking for? .... version Outlook XP Sorry about that. Microsoft Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. In Outlook, there is not a seperate file for contacts. It is part of the same pst file as the other folders. Never heard of this before, so this may not work, but since OL does not believe thecontact folder is there it might. Right click Personal Folders and select New Folder, name it Contacts and see what happens. Worst that could happen is that it will ...

Item search on multiple folders in exchange public folder
I am trying to perform an item search on multiple folders that was created in the Exchange Public folder, how can I do it? I am using outlook 2002 that access Exchange Public folder in Exchange server 5.5. Thanks for your help, SH ...

how to export public folder path
hi, how can I export the complete path of all my public folders,like I can with users, for instance with 'ldif': CN=first lastname,OU=It,OU=Technical,OU=departm ents,DC=company,DC=com the only place where I see the path is in the GUI in the properties of the public folder,->general->path but I need to export all 100 pf's. in ADU&C I see the MS EX System Objets,but again no tree structure. any help is appreciated, thanx, martin martin koeb <nospam.mko@at.tiscali.com.nospam> wrote: [ snip ] >the only place where I see the path is in the GUI in the p...

Update copies of contacts in multiple folders
I have copies of contacts copied to multiple folders, such as CONTACTS and FAMILY. When I edit one copy the other is not updated. How do I synchronize all copies of a contact? -- JK Well this is because these are separate items and they don't hold a link. You can't synchronize those folders. You are probably better of assigning categories to your contacts and then use views to show only a specific category. This way you don't have to duplicate your items either. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -...

Outlook Auto Resolve Distribution List in Contact Folder In Public Folder
We're running Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000. I have a Distribution List called DL1 in a Contacts Folder called CF1 in a Public Folder called PF1. When I type DL1 in the To: field of an email and click "Check Names" Outlook is unable to resolve the name of the Distribution List. But it resolves non Distribution List entries just fine. To set this up, I right clicked CF1, clicked Properties, Outlook Address Book, and placed a check mark in front of "Show this folder as an e-mail address book". In Outlook I clicked Tools, Services, Addressing and added CF1 ...

Multiple installations in one Domain?? MS CRM 1.2!
Hello, we have the following problem: We need a MS CRM of 1.2 server for some tests. We had installed a 1.2 Server in former times. We have since deinstalled the Server. Now we wanted to install CRM on another server. But MS CRM 1.2 wants to start the services of the first server. We have problems with the access to the ActiveDirectory. But we have all rights! A tried Redeployment breaks off while connecting the IIS. Any ideas? Greetings, Stefan I responded on the crm sandbox site. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "...

Sending a draft e-mail for another person to release
Does anyone know of a way to send a draft e-mail from one person (employee) to another person (boss) complete with intended addressees so that the boss can review and hit send, making it look to those who receive the e-mail like it was sent from the boss? "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e101c39735$bdac9190$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a way to send a draft e-mail from one > person (employee) to another person (boss) complete with > intended addressees so that the boss can review and hit > send, making it look t...

SumIF-multiple conditions/OR
I have a range of cells that I want to ck for a "Y", then in the next range can be "STOP" or a value of "Go"? Kinda a mix of conditions. A bit more detail, perhaps. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "GaryW" <GaryW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4191FD5D-C409-47AD-87ED-EE077D9A7D6B@microsoft.com... >I have a range of cells that I want to ck for a "Y", then in the next range > can be "STOP" or a value of "Go"? Kinda a mix of conditions. &quo...

Payees with Multiple Account Numbers
All, I have 2 different payees in my banking website (Bank of America) and I have 2 different account numbers for each payee. That's a total of 4 different account numbers. I need to know how to setup Money 06 correctly so that each bill pay goes to the correct account. Am I seriously going to have to setup different names or hows is this going to work? Regards, Nathan Bell "Nathan Bell" <nathan.bell@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uXtPQpBEGHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > All, > > I have 2 different payees in my banking website (Bank of America)...

AutoArchive creates new Personal Folders object (3'rd request for help)
Using Outlook 2002 (10.3513.3501) SP-1. Whenever I run an AutoArchive, it finishes with an 'operation failed' = error, and a new folders object named 'Personal Folders' is created. The = new folder is not linked to a .PST, and is easily removed using the Data = Files dialog. However, it returns with each AutoArchive. :-( Is there a solution to the problem? I found a posting that suggested that the deletion of all the name/value = pairs of the profile's registry key might solve a similar problem. What = potential problems might result from attempting this? I'd of cour...

Outlook 2003, View
In Outlook 2003 I click View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views. In the Custom View Organizer higlight IMAP Messages, click Modify, make changes, click OK to close the 'Customize View: IMAP Messages' window, and click Apply View in the Custom View Organizer window. When I view another IMAP mail folder, I have to go through the same steps again and again. The view for all mail folders show IMAP Messages, but the set view is not taking affect. Is this a bug in Outlook 2003? I am trying to set all the IMAP mail folders to a particular view that I like to use, but it seems like...

Multiple Criteria for SUMIF
I have the following list of info: !----A----!----B----!----C----!----D----! ! 2/3/05 ! 114 ! 4.5 ! ! ! 2/3/05 ! 114 ! 3.2 ! ! ! 2/3/05 ! 115 ! 5.7 ! ! ! 2/4/05 ! 113 ! 8.0 ! ! ! 2/4/05 ! 114 ! 4.5 ! ! ! 2/4/05 ! 114 ! 4.6 ! ! ! 2/5/05 ! 114 ! 6.7 ! ! This is where Column A is the date worked, B the employee number, and C the amount of hours split into different job types. Fo...

change the IPM.Post to IPM.Contact in Public Folder
I created a folder in the public folder on the Exchange 2003 server. I went to my outlook 2003 public folder and look at the properties of that folder, it was set to IPM.Post. How do I change that folder from IPM.Post to IPM.Contact without changing the overall default settings? johnisccp <johnisccp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a folder in the public folder on the Exchange 2003 server. > I went to my outlook 2003 public folder and look at the properties of > that folder, it was set to IPM.Post. How do I change that folder > from IPM.Post to IPM.Contact...

Need help converting Excel files into Act 6.0
I am having a hard time converting Excel files into Act - I lose dat from certain fields and interestingly I am losing a few characters fro the first field. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Create view to get data from multiple databases
I have 26 databases database, Database,......Database. I have a view as below that I want to modify so that it can get data from all 26 databases. I would appreciate some help on this. create view Unpostedallcompany as select cpnyid Periodpost, jrnltype, trantype,origcpnyid,acct,sub, perent,refnbr, trandate, trandesc,dramt, cramt from gltran order by cpnyid Thanks sunny > I have a view as below that I want to modify so that it can get data from > all 26 databases. I would appreciate some help on this. > > create view Unpostedallcompany as > select ...

Formatting or Grouping multiple rows based on unique values
How can I format an excel worksheet to draw a border around a range of cells that a) contain a unique value in one column b) only where a value in another column matches one of another group of "valid" values. For example, my source data is: A B C D 2 UC 1 DD 0 3 UC 1 DD 0 4 UC 1 DD 1 6 UC 2 DD 1 7 UC 2 SDM 0 8 UC 2 MD 0 9 UC 2 DD 1 11 UC 3 DD 1 12 UC 3 SDR 0 13 UC 3 RD 0 14 UC 3 DD 1 I would like to draw a border around any unique UCs that also have either MD or RD or SDR in column C. In addition, I might like to highlight row 8 because ...