Multiple Open Psts. Limit?

This user is running Office XP service pack 2, Windows
2000 service pack 4

I have a user that opens 6 or so .pst files at a time.
He is, once again, having trouble dragging and dropping
mails between .psts.

I have run detect and repair and reinstalled Office.  I
do not know of any viruses on the machine and his Norton
Anti-Virus is up to date.

Does Outlook have a limit to open .psts?  None of the
psts are at the 1.8 GB size limit.

0
anonymous (74722)

Identical Name on multiple workbook pages
As a hardened Excel/VBA nut, I'm probably going to be really embarrased when I get the answer to this, but here goes... I have a workbook containing a worksheet that records weekly data. I have a named range ("Data") which I select then clear, via GoTo. Each week, I copy the latest week's worksheet and create a new worksheet for the new week. And each week, I select the range "Data" and clear it in the most recently created worksheet. the thing is, I always thought that Range names were unique across a workbook, and that you couldn't have the same Range N...

Recipients Cannot Open/View Attachments
Hi there Recently we had a major crash and our Outlook had to be set up from scratch. We use rich text to send messages so that we can print a copy of the message and keep a record of what attachment (if any) went with it. This is a vital part of the way our Company keeps records and saves the administration staff from handwriting the details of the many attachments we send. We have being using RTF for a year without any issues until the crash a few weeks ago and some of the recipients are using Outlook themselves or Outlook Express (until I found this out I thought it might be issu...

office won't open #2
Greetings Linda, We'd be happy to help, but we need a little more information. Which application won't open? Word? Excel? All of them? What happens when you try to launch an office application? Any error messages? Etc. -- Eric Olson [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:871001c3e9e1$6a5cdcd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > ...

interpreter .csv files (when opening .csv) should be configurable
Whenever I open a .csv file that is ; delimited by doubleclicking it in windows explorer, excel automatically interprets it as comma delimited. I'd like to be able to either turn off the automatic interpreter (f.ex. by holding the CTRL button when opening a file) or change the default interpreting settings. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the su...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

difficulty opening e-mail attachments
I am unable to open attachments sent to me in my e-mail. Outlook Express indicates the attachments are "unsafe"and prevents me from opening them. Many of these attachments are sent to me by friends and I am sure there are no viruses associated with them. I have been unable to find out how to change any of the security settings within O.E. Does anyone out there have any advice? Try this site for information on removing the block: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Int...

Can't open my money file #2
Good evening, From today i can't open my money file, i had formatted my pc and i reinstalled money as usual. Today when i open my money file after typing the correct password the program show a screen where it say "Money has detected that you did not close file xxx before exiting Money now needs to verify the information in your file. .... Do you want do this now?" I click yes and it say "The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again" But i dont put nowhere any email address this is an old money file converted to new money 2008 un year ago i never ...

Attachment guideline or limit for lists
Can anyone tell me the guideline or limit that Microsoft recommends for attachments to a list iitem. I know there is a 2,000 guideline for number of items in a list. Is there any documentation from Microsoft that shows how adding attachments to lists degrades performance for viewing and searching in SharePoint? Thanks for any help on this. One slight correction... it's 2000 items in a view, not a list. You can have thousands of items in the list. Just try and keep your views to less than 2000. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine...

I can't open e-mails with .wmv and .pps
I get a message saying: File does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Creat an association in the Folders Options control panel. I can only fine instructions on how to do this for Windows 7. Outlook follows your defaults set in your version of Windows. wmv-files can be opened with Windows Media Player. pps-files can be opened with PowerPoint or with the PowerPoint viewer. Do you have these applications installed already? Does it work when you save the attachments first and then double click them? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Conf...

Allen Browne Client Search Multiple Like Statements
Hi all, I need to have this code search multiple fields, but I keep getting "Expected end of statement" on the Me in the second to last line: If Not IsNull(Me.txtFilterMainName) Then 'strWhere = strWhere & "([MainName] Like ""*" & Me.txtFilterMainName & "*"") AND " strWhere = strWhere & "([Address1] Like ""*" & Me.txtFilterMainName & "*"") OR " & _ strWhere = strWhere & " ([StreetName] Like "" * " & Me.txtFilterM...

Excel and open office
I have made an excel file and protected sheets in it and even hidden some of the worksheets with macros. But when i open the xls file in Open Office (linux) It shows all the worksheets and there is no protection. I dont want to display the hidden sheets in any OS(or Package). any work arounds? Kindly help Hi Priya, workaround: Don't use Open Office or pretend it doesn't exist. Open Office is a different software program, it can read Excel files but it is not Excel. It's great for recovery of Excel files. Possibly features of exposing data while helpful in some areas a...

office 2007--word opens documents using the 1/3 ofcenter space
after overnight updates, office word opens in center 1/3 of avail space. Content on page is too small to read. Office 2007 enterprize, Win 7 ultimate, Acer aspire 6920, 3 gigs ram all 32 bit -- Art Have you tried dragging the Zoom back to 100%? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Artsr3" <Artsr3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4905DC57-473A-4B50-9FEE-8343D4385A9D@microsoft.com... > after overnight updates, office word opens in center 1/3 of avail space. > Conten...

Support of multiple users in Outlook?
Hi, Palm convert here with a question. In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc. from my wife as a separate user. We both had palm devices and each maintained separate schedules on our devices and on the desktop. How do we do that in Outlook? Thanks, John "John" <ljohnwu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u2bnY$0DGHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Palm convert here with a question. > > In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc. > from my wife as a separate user. We both had palm ...

Multiple POP accounts in Outlook 2003
Hello, I have multiple POP accounts on my Outlook 2003 client. How do i setup Outlook to save mail from the multiple POP accounts to different folders so that it makes it easier for me to sort out my mail? TIA! //j you'll need to use rules... or use search folders configured for each account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: ...

PUB file crashes Publisher on open
I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried some recovery programs and they crashed. Is it a lost cause? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx <dmahlitz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161174335.508250.183640@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried > some rec...

Why The DB Must Be Open????
Hi, when i run that pro and the DB close I get Error: 2075 "this operation requires an open database" when i open the data base is work. The code: Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim cn As ADODB.Connection Dim sPath As String Set cn = New ADODB.Connection cn.Open "DSN=TEST1" sPath = "D:\ImportCurrencyRate.xls" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "Temp_Rates", sPath, True End thanks. > Why The DB Must Be Open? > when i run that pro and the DB close I get Error: 2075 > "this operation requires an open database&quo...

Excel: Open Recent Files

Using <Ctrl>-Click to open files
When using <Ctrl>-Click to open multiple files from the File/Open dialog in Excel 2003, only the first file will appear on the taskbar. A combo-box type Taskbar selector for multiple Excel files does *not* appear. Also, only the first file appears on the <Alt>-<Tab> menu. However, all files appear in the Excel Window menu. The problem also occurs when using <Ctrl>-Click/Right- Click/Open to open multiple files from Windows Explorer or My Computer. The problem does not occur when opening the files individually. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix? Thanks! ...

opened Excel w/sheet from email attachment, updated, saved & cant
I emailed an Excel worksheet from my office to my home - opened it from my Outlook Express folder - updated file extensively - saved several times during the four hours I worked - closed & now can't find the updated file. I forgot I had opened it from the email and never saved it to my C drive. However, I saved it several times while I was working on it. Shouldn't the file in my email be the updated saved file? It's not and I can't find it anywhere. I believe this happened once before to me. Any suggestion would be appreciated. I've lost a lot of work if the file...

How to add multiple message senders to the blocked list automatica
-- Steve ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5597e420-8dc2-4fc5-88df-130a7cc9fe32&dg=microsoft.public.outlook ...

Limit selected area
After a sequence of operations I finish up with the desired result within a new spreadsheet. I wish to save this as a file. But the whole spreadsheet seems to be selected. How do I limit the area selected to just the part of the spreadsheet in use, before I perform the Save As operation? Thanks Brian Tozer Brian That is how Excel saves. The entire workbook is saved. If you want a selected area of one worksheet or just one worksheet of many, you would copy that to a new blank workbook and save that workbook using the Save As. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:44:55 +1200, &qu...

Transfer combined investment transactions to multiple new accounts
In Money 2005 Deluxe, I have an investment account (with related cash account) with about two years of transactions. This mutual fund account (TRP) uses a separate account number for each mutual fund holding so that when I upgraded to Money 2005 and set up on line services for this account it downloaded each mutual fund investment as a new account. I can't merge all of these duplicate accounts in Money as it only allows you to merge one time so I then transfered (using copy) all my investment transaction from the combined existing account to each of the new individual investment ac...

budget won't open in Money 2004
Hi there, I have Money 2004 (oem) on my computer here at work. I've opened my money file that I created at home using Money 2003. The file opens okay (it seems to go through the conversation function just fine), but I cannot access the budget. I can check out everything else: account list, bills, cash flow, etc. But when I click on "Budget" absolutely nothing happens. Can you open the budget if you create a new file? I'm guessing you can. Why you may want to try is to create a new budget on your home file and with that as the active budget, try to convert that file o...

Ports to open for OWA
I have a basic router/firewall which I'm trying to access OWA though. Internally it works fine but from the outside I get a "page cannot be displayed" I have forwarded ports 80, 442, and 135. Am I missing something? Thanks, "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote: >I have a basic router/firewall which I'm trying to access OWA though. >Internally it works fine but from the outside I get a "page cannot be >displayed" I have forwarded ports 80, 442, and 135. Am I missing something? Yes. Don't allow port 135 unless you ...

excel opens slow
is there a way to increase the speed that excel open.? its funny. all for the other programs such as MS Office XP Word and soforth and even the application that does not relates to MS Office XP opens fast. when trying to observe the process of excel i saw that it goes through Virous scaning and networking which I dont have. what can I do to speedup the opening process of MS Office XP Excel? "Colin2u" <Colin2u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BEA78C-4009-48F0-B0F5-EF63AFBBD3AF@microsoft.com... > is there a way to increase the speed that excel open.? ...