Multiple Exchange accounts into one Inbox

I have an Exchange 2000 Server and 16 employees, most of
which who work at our client's offices.  They have
laptops with WinXP and Outlook 2002 which are attached to
the local network.

Our clients have Exchange as well.   Currently, we use
Outlook to read our email and calendaring for our
accounts on the client's network.  Additionally, we log
in via WebAccess to do the same for our company email and
calendaring.   My employees find that checking multiple
locations for email/calendar/tasks very time-consuming.

I'm considering the idea of installing a VPN so employees
at the client sites can connect to the company network.
Is there a way that Outlook configured so that multiple
Exchange email accounts can be managed from one Inbox?
Ideally, I would like to be able to do the same with
calendaring and tasks but I realize that's not likely.
My goal is to have one Inbox and make the rest as simple
and user friendly as possible.
0
anonymous (74722)

No, you cannot have more than one Exchange service in a profile so you will
not be able to have multiple Exchange servers plop mail into the same
mailbox.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Helen Waite asked:

| I have an Exchange 2000 Server and 16 employees, most of
| which who work at our client's offices.  They have
| laptops with WinXP and Outlook 2002 which are attached to
| the local network.
|
| Our clients have Exchange as well.   Currently, we use
| Outlook to read our email and calendaring for our
| accounts on the client's network.  Additionally, we log
| in via WebAccess to do the same for our company email and
| calendaring.   My employees find that checking multiple
| locations for email/calendar/tasks very time-consuming.
|
| I'm considering the idea of installing a VPN so employees
| at the client sites can connect to the company network.
| Is there a way that Outlook configured so that multiple
| Exchange email accounts can be managed from one Inbox?
| Ideally, I would like to be able to do the same with
| calendaring and tasks but I realize that's not likely.
| My goal is to have one Inbox and make the rest as simple
| and user friendly as possible.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/28/2004 12:04:20 AM
I'm more concerned with centralizing my users email than=20
the calendar or tasks.   Based on your response, it=20
sounds like my best option is for my users to use the=20
client's Exchange server for email/calendar/tasks and=20
then use POP3 to get email off the company Exchange=20
server. =20

Any other suggestions?

profile so you will
>not be able to have multiple Exchange servers plop mail=20
into the same
>mailbox.
>
>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Helen Waite asked:

>| I have an Exchange 2000 Server and 16 employees, most=20
of
>| which who work at our client's offices.  They have
>| laptops with WinXP and Outlook 2002 which are attached=20
>| the local network.
>|
>| Our clients have Exchange as well.   Currently, we use
>| Outlook to read our email and calendaring for our
>| accounts on the client's network.  Additionally, we log
>| in via WebAccess to do the same for our company email=20
and
>| calendaring.   My employees find that checking multiple
>| locations for email/calendar/tasks very time-consuming.
>|
>| I'm considering the idea of installing a VPN so=20
employees
>| at the client sites can connect to the company network.
>| Is there a way that Outlook configured so that multiple
>| Exchange email accounts can be managed from one Inbox?
>| Ideally, I would like to be able to do the same with
>| calendaring and tasks but I realize that's not likely.
>| My goal is to have one Inbox and make the rest as=20
simple
>| and user friendly as possible.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

multiple flyers per page?

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Multiple stacked bar charts

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

OWA jumping mouse

Converting Opportunity to Account

OLK 2k7

Setting up a new e-mail account

Microsoft Exchange Server

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Multiple Simultaneous Outlook Sessions

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

Single click selects multiple cells