Multiple eMail Domains & Shared Calendar

Windows SBS 2003 R2 w/Exchange
Windows XP Pro w/Outlook 2003
Server and workstations, respectively.

Situation:  Family-run small businesses (plural) sharing an office and
resources.  4 different email domains in use/desired.  Shared calendar
also desired.

How do I setup Exchange on SBS 2K3 R2 to send/receive emails for
multiple email domains with only 1 SBS server (also PDC, etc.)?  Using
off-site email hosting and am in the process of migrating on-site using
Exchange which came with SBS.  Changed 1 set of MX records for 1 domain
name to point to server.  Additional email domains a critical concern.

How do I setup Exchange and Outlook to use a shared calendar?  The
family wants each employee to be able to add a new event/meeting and for
it to appear on everyone's calendar simultaneously.  How?

Can I do this also for a shared address book?

Thanks,
Fred
 ><>
0
f3_evans (4)

Hi Fred:

Please see in line below:

--
Larry

Please post the resolution to
your issue so that all can benefit.

"F3" <f3_evans@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Windows SBS 2003 R2 w/Exchange
> Windows XP Pro w/Outlook 2003
> Server and workstations, respectively.
>
> Situation:  Family-run small businesses (plural) sharing an office and
> resources.  4 different email domains in use/desired.  Shared calendar
> also desired.
>
> How do I setup Exchange on SBS 2K3 R2 to send/receive emails for multiple
> email domains with only 1 SBS server (also PDC, etc.)?  Using off-site
> email hosting and am in the process of migrating on-site using Exchange
> which came with SBS.  Changed 1 set of MX records for 1 domain name to
> point to server.  Additional email domains a critical concern.

Receiving is easy.  For the entire group you can establish additional
recipient policies.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319201

For individuals, you have to setup additional addresses in ADUC.

Sending is more difficult.  Must you do this?

> How do I setup Exchange and Outlook to use a shared calendar?  The family
> wants each employee to be able to add a new event/meeting and for it to
> appear on everyone's calendar simultaneously.  How?

You share calandars either in Company Web/Sharepoint or in Exchange Public
Folders.

 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996053(EXCHG.65).aspx

> Can I do this also for a shared address book?

Yes.

> Thanks,
> Fred
> ><>

0
Larry
6/19/2008 7:24:22 PM
Larry,

	Assume that I have NEVER seen or used Outlook before.  No, I've not
been living under a rock, I've just had a preference for other mail
clients.  I've figured out how to export a calendar from Mozilla
Thunderbird w/Lightning (or Sunbird) to a comma-delimited file and how
to import it into a single user's Outlook 2003.  Once I setup the shared
folder(s), how do I then proceed to have a central calendar which all
Outlook 2003 users will be able to access and modify live?  Can I do
this (and how) with an imported calendar?
	Same question, but for the address book.  While awaiting your response,
I'm going through the shared folder thing.

Again, thanks,
Fred
<><

Larry Struckmeyer [SBS-MVP] wrote:
> Hi Fred:
>
> Please see in line below:

0
f3_evans (4)
6/19/2008 9:12:29 PM
That may not have been the best source, but there are many.

Google on:

"setup public folders"

--

> Larry,
>
> Assume that I have NEVER seen or used Outlook before.  No, I've not been
> living under a rock, I've just had a preference for other mail clients.
> I've figured out how to export a calendar from Mozilla Thunderbird
> w/Lightning (or Sunbird) to a comma-delimited file and how to import it
> into a single user's Outlook 2003.  Once I setup the shared folder(s), how
> do I then proceed to have a central calendar which all Outlook 2003 users
> will be able to access and modify live?  Can I do this (and how) with an
> imported calendar?
> Same question, but for the address book.  While awaiting your response,
> I'm going through the shared folder thing.
>
> Again, thanks,
> Fred
> <><
>
> Larry Struckmeyer [SBS-MVP] wrote:
>> Hi Fred:
>>
>> Please see in line below:

0
Larry

Printing Multiple Receipts at a Time From Journal
Hey guys, Is there a way to print multiple journaled receipts at a time? Say all receipts for a batch or by date or other criteria? Thanks Tom, Not that I've seen. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ========== "Tom Bombadill" <Genius_pos...

HELP!! Viewing email images

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

slow emails
We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we have one user on one machine that her emails take awhile to process, up to 3hrs possibly. She is running outlook 2002, with all updates as of 10/9/03. I have figured in the past that it was just the other servers the mail was going through that was slowing it down. But when she uses, another persons acount on another machine it runs fine. Is this and outlook/machine problem, a server problem, or a problem that is out of my hands? Or is there a problem at all? >-----Original Message----- >We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we ha...

Trouble sending emails #2

2007 calendar
How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? File, new, publications for print, calendars, select one, select yearly... click Change date range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7253E645-B0BA-4B90-BF7E-7083802EA379@microsoft.com... > How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? ...

email set up in publisher

Convert single colum/multiple rows to multiple colums.
Hi, I have a .dat file when opened with Excel it has 1 column and 7 rows per entry. I would like to delete some rows and convert the rest to something like. Any chance this can be done. It's quite large. 51,793 rows. TIA Jeff Col 1 Col 2 Col 3 Name Date Lenny Kravitz - 2000 - Greatest Hits -- Table: {2} { "music" "Name", "06/04/2008", "Lenny Kravitz - 2000 - Greatest Hits", }, --Table: {3} etc. etc. ...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

multiple revieve of emails
I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on server Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some > cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other > cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on > server Usually caused by 1) Send/receive interval too small or 2) server timeout value too small or 3) rules that don't contain the "stop processing more rules...

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

Printing Multiple Copies #4
Hi all - I am using Vista Business and Publisher 2007 from the Office 2007 Small Business package. No matter what type of publication or template I use I can only print single copies. Most recently I tried to print 30 copies of a single page flyer and had to do it a single copy at a time. If I go to File|Print and set the number of copies to 30, I still get a single copy only. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks -- Andrew Aitchison (amhsn@nospam.sympatico.ca) Is your printer driver current? What is the default in the printing preferences in the control panel printer folder? ...

Multiple Account Download from One Financial Instituition
Hi, I have at one brokerage mutliple accounts (individual, joint, 401K, roll-over etc). In Money they are all separate accounts. When I connect with the brokerage I am only able to connect to one type of account (in this case retirement). How can I download multiple accounts from a brokerage (when not all have the same URL). Please email me your reply. Thanks Sandeep ...

keep past calendar appts longer than six weeks
Outlook is deleting past calendar appointments after approx six weeks. How do I change setting to keep for a longer period of time? thx. Check your archive settings. You didn't indicate your version of Outlook so the instructions are approximate: Tools > Options > Other > Auto Archive. -- Kathleen Orland "tfg" <tfg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA512107-117A-477D-9786-DDED3BC9D94E@microsoft.com... > Outlook is deleting past calendar appointments after approx six weeks. How > do I change setting to keep for a long...

Enter multiple cash receipt payment methods in Cashbook/BM.
When entering a receipt into cashbook/bank management, there is sometimes a need to receipt the amount as more than one payment type - e.g. cash and cheque. This process is accommodated well in SOP. It would be useful to have this type of procedure included in Bank Management. This is a user request from Pan Pac Forest Products. ...

Count Unique Items with Multiple Criteria
I am trying to get a list of how many lots a particular car model is on. For example, say we have a spreadsheet that looks like: Model License Lot Ford xjd-394 1 Chevy gwg-394 2 Ford sdf-333 1 Ford lkj-111 3 Toyota skd-333 4 Toyota shk-584 4 I am loking for a way to get data that says how many unique lots each car is on, so for example: Ford: 2 Chevy: 1 Toyota: 1 I was trying to do this with Pivot tables and the count functionality, but it isn't quite getting me the results I want. I can get the results with a pivot table ...

sharing folders in outlook
After setting up my outlook contact files to be shared via email, I sent a test email to myself asking if I wanted to accept the sharing utility. However on the email that was sent I am supposed to click on an 'accept' button to start sharing, however there is no 'accept' button present. There is a note that says if the button is not present I need to install the 'net folder component' however I have searched the microsoft site and cannot find any relevent installation advice. Does anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook "Donna" <anonymous@di...

cant send emails 02-14-10
I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts, including uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email accounts & neither will send. It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly stopped. I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep getting: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. This is the local server I use. Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo' Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net' Window...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

OWA and Domain Names
Hi, I added header fields so that users of my website would be directed to the default web site in IIS. However, now when trying to go to mydomain.com/exchange when I try to login as I did before it will not accept any logins. I tried KJM/loginname loginname mydomainname.com/loginname and always iwth the same password. But it accepts none of these. If I remove the headers and use the IP address it works fine. Is there a way to make teh authenticaiton work when using mydomainname.com/exchange What type of authentication are using? FBA? The use of host headers should not be causing...