Multiple Email Addresses

I have a contact with multiple email addresses (2
addresses).  When I address an email message to this
person, as I type in her name my automatic name lookup
puts an email address in for her that isn't in my personal
address book or contact list.  It is a valid email address
for her, but one that I don't want to use.  I only want to
pick from the 2 addresses that are in my personal address
book and contact list.

So, where is Outlook coming up with this 3rd address and
how do I delete it so that Outlook doesn't use it anymore?
0
hhbeygo (1)

OL doesn't look up to contacts for 'autocomplete' - it relies on addresses
sent to and received from before. When you see the address you want to get
rid of, highlight it with the arrow keys and hit Delete.

HB wrote:
> I have a contact with multiple email addresses (2
> addresses).  When I address an email message to this
> person, as I type in her name my automatic name lookup
> puts an email address in for her that isn't in my personal
> address book or contact list.  It is a valid email address
> for her, but one that I don't want to use.  I only want to
> pick from the 2 addresses that are in my personal address
> book and contact list.
>
> So, where is Outlook coming up with this 3rd address and
> how do I delete it so that Outlook doesn't use it anymore?

0
lanwench (7567)
7/15/2003 3:26:08 PM
Is this other email located in the global address list? Do
you know what you setting is for which address book to
look in first is? If not, here are the steps:

1. Tools> Address Book
2. Tools> Options
3. There is a setting that says: When sending mail, check
names using these address lists in the following order...
see if your personal address book and contacts is above
anything else you may have listed.

Hope this helps...

0
lhunsber (6)

Email file location
Can anyone tell me the actual file location of the email received in Microsoft Outlook? As i have to recover the system and thus i would like to backup the email. Would there any problem? Search for pst-files. Make sure you include hidden files/folders. Then connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... The default location is; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----...

lockup on returned email
does anyone have any information on Outlook locking up when getting returned email. It doesn't seem to be on all, but some. I can't find any consistancy on the returned mails, it seems to be random. Any help would be great. Thank You ...

multiple users send from common email address
Hello, I have several users from support department (exchange 2003). Although they have each his own email address, I would like to let them send email from a common address such as support@company.com from their outlook clients. Really, they could use the "reply to" field, but is there some simpler way? On the other hand, I would like all of them to receive messages at support@company.com address. Is it possible? many thanks in advance. O. Ondrej: To get them all to receive mail at support@yourdomain.com, just create a distribution group in Active Directory Users and Co...

Video Email application
I downloaded the video email addon to Outlook - the problem is that I have 2 video sources on my laptop (a TV tuner card and a webcam), and I can't seem to find a way to change the video source (which seems to have defaulted to the TV card) ...

Can i see my archive emails in the same folders as they were befor
I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location. Imagine that I have the following structure: Customers -> Germany -->DHL -->ZDF -> France -->France Telecom -->Canal+ If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations. [current and archive folder]. Is it possible ? "Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644549CE-D381-4331-...

be able to print indivually different labels on multiple label sh.
hi i want to be able to use publisher to print individual labels on a multiple label sheet, any ideas regards greg Do you mean different addresses on the labels or be able to print one label as needed and tell it which label you want to use? (I do the latter in Word.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:740CB634-47E8-4EEC-BE75-768932495A30@microsoft.com... > hi > i want to be able to use publisher to print individual labels on a > multiple > label sheet, > any ideas > regards > g...

Emailing from SharePoint
I've set up a client contact list in SharePoint and don't know how to email from there. Can anyone help please? -- slimjim009 First of all, Outgoing e-mail needs to be configured in Central Administration by your SharePoint administrator. Once that has been done you should simply be able to select the group and choose e-mail users from the Actions menu when viewing People and Groups. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "slimjim009" <slimjim009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023730C4-A34D-...

How do I insert a JPEG image into the body of the email?
Using Outlook 2003. Was a Eudora email user until last week. Trying to compose a 1 page resume in the body of the email with my photo Would like to not have an attachment that required opening, but have the photo image show with text next to it. This would create a resume that could be reviewed quickly. Use HTML format - not plain text. -- Regards, Pat Garard Melbourne, Australia _______________________ "slwitte" <slwitte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B30D3E0A-4A92-43C9-93F5-4372663349B5@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2003. Was a Eudora email ...

This message has not yet been submitted for delivery (EMail Router Workflow)
I have CRM 4.0 and an external Exchange/SMTP host. The Email router is installed and I believe working. All tests complete successfully. Also - I can create a new Activity --> Email and receive an email message via CRM4 no problem. I created a workflow that is supposed to send an Email to the customer when a case is resolved. When I create a test case and resolve it - the email appears in Pending Queue. When I double click the Email it says "This message has not yet been submitted for delivery." There are no errors in the WIn Event Log. My outgoing messages are set to Email Rout...

Using a common outlook address book on a home network
How do I configure my system so that all computers on my home office network can use the same list of contacts? Each computer has Outlook 2000. Two use Windows 2000 Professional; one uses Windows XP. Matt Arnett <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I configure my system so that all computers on my > home office network can use the same list of contacts? > Each computer has Outlook 2000. Two use Windows 2000 > Professional; one uses Windows XP. Create a network share, place your PST in that share, map a drive to it on the other machines and open the P...

How To Open OE6 .eml File Extension Emails With WLM
Hi: How can I open my old saved OE6 emails with file extension .eml with WLM? Never dreamed I would have this problem of opening prior Microsoft OE6 emails. Thanks, ColTom2 Just double-click on the .eml file. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote in message news:e#ZitFXaKHA.5544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > How can I open my old saved OE6 emails with file extension .eml with WLM? > > Never dreamed I would have this ...

IMAP email missing sent, drafts
When I setup an IMAP account in Outlook XP, the only default folder provided is the inbox -- I'm missing the drafts and sent folder. When I send things or save as a draft, it uses the local personal folders. The sent and drafts folder load correctly using Outlook Express. Any ideas? -Brian ...

graph data from multiple worksheets
I have about 10 worksheets with data in them, I would like to put it all on one chart, how do I do it? I cannot fit it all in one worksheet. Produce the chart from the data from your first workshet. Go to your second worksheet, select the relevant data, copy, go to your chart, edit/ paste special, and accept the relevant option to add a new data series or add data to an existing series. Alternatively having produced your original chart, go to Source Data, and either adding data to an existing series or adding a new series will allow you to select the relevant data from whichever work...

populating address list from external ldap
We are going to be migrating to exchange 2003 over the next few months and we need to populate an address list with addresses from an external ldap server. The large organisation that we do the majority of our business with uses Groupwise and Netware, we currently look up their users email addresses by querying their ldap server. What we would like to do is to populate an address list in our new exchange 2003 deployment with addresses from thier ldap server. cheers Kerry Kerry- You're not going to be able to do this natively. What you need to do is create mail enabled conta...

Problems getting rid of "..Program is trying to access your e-mail addresses.."
I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment. I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical security group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and Outlook Security Settings folders. Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings folders and everything seems to be correct. What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear. Everything...

import email from outlook expressv6.0
would be grateful for any pointers for importing emails from xp based, outlook express v6.0 into my vista based machine running win live mail 2008 and win mail ver6.0 6000.16386. have burned 4 files : ( archive (.pst), backup (.pst), extend.dat, outlook (.pst) ) from old system but both win mail and win live mail seem not to recognize the files when i try to read these files or import them. thks. "jchan" <jchan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5438430C-BA1E-4A3E-A8AA-93DBF3E6C08E@microsoft.com... > would be grateful for any pointers for importing emai...

Storing Hotmail Folders and Email Offline
Does anyone know how to get my hotmail email stored offline on my computer? Do you want them in WLMail or in Windows folders? In WLMail, Alt + V, Layout, Folder pane, check Show Storage folders. Create new folders in Storage folders. Copy messages to the folders to leave messages in Hotmail. Move messages to remove from Hotmail. Drag and drop to Windows folders to copy messages. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "AndrewP" <AndrewP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8941942D-2EF6-43D3-B99B-FB5CF9484739@microsoft.com... > Does anyone k...

Email resent mysteriously to our All.Company DL
Help! A user in our company sent an email on the 29th Dec, 2006 to our All.Company DL. This email was delivered to all users including myself. Today when I came to work, our email server was down. I could not log on and the server was completely unresponsive. Therefore, I reboot the server. Literally 2 mins later, that same email dated 29th Dec, 2006 was sitting in everyones inbox. I looked at message tracking and I can see the message was submitted on the 29th Dec and delivered locally to all users AND was submitted 2 mins after the reboot and delivered to all users locally. I am 10...

distribution lists duplicate emails
Is there a way that if a person is in multiple distribution lists that are used in an email that they can receive the email only once and not 2 or 3 times if they are in different distribution lists? ...

Missing text in email
I am having a problem with Users complaining of email missing the text when it was there originally. Also some have gotten emails back from people saying what they sent was blank, then when they check their sent items... sure enough it is blank!! Running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 with latest Service Pac Clients are Outlook 2000 with Latest Patches, etc Changing settings as to how the emails are formatted changes nothing (text/rich text/HTML Any help would be...... helpfull What AV are you running? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion ...

Address list in the Mail Merge Recipients
Does anyone know how to mail an address list in the Mail Merge Recipients box? It's a list of employeenames that will be added to for future years. Does she have to create her own? I am a WordPerfect User (bad word) and this is very frustrating because I just want to mail the address list and she can do her own merges. Shari I don't fully understand your post, but let me have a go. Publisher will merge any CSV (Comma Separated Values) which can easily be added to or names removed. You are well advised to stay well away from using the database built into Publisher as it is a meg...

address book amendable as required
I would like the facility in WORD to create my own address book, on a suitable format template, so that any amendments can be typed in and reprinted, replacing the amended page in a book. Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. If you really want to use Word for your address book, you'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word. On the other hand, a database may be more appropriate for what you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!...

emailing to groups or catagories
How do I set Outlook 2000 to send a email to everybody in a group or catagory? Thanks. Try selecting the group header and then using Actions | New Message to Contact. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:75b401c3e788$2358b350$a001280a@phx.gbl, Richard wrote: > How do I set Outlook 2000 to send a email to everybody in > a group or catagory? Thanks. ...

Emails not sent, stay in Outbox
Using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP box. Since Friday afternoon outgoing messages are staying in the Outbox. Also in the web version of Outlook can't send email messages out. Help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks Carol Carol Sitea wrote: > Using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP box. > Since Friday afternoon outgoing messages are staying in the Outbox. Also > in the web version of Outlook can't send email messages out. > > Help is greatly appreciated!! > > Thanks > Carol Also now found out messages are sent when using Outlook XP but not in Outlook 2003. Check...

duplicate, triplicate and even quadruplicate emails
I am getting emails downloaded from my email account with GMAILto Outlook 2003, that are in duplicate, triplicate and even quadruplicate. I deleted the link from my blackberry to GMAIL, believing that my blackberry link to the GMAIL server may be causing this. However, the problem persists. How do I repair this, so that only a single copy of each email gets downloaded to my Outlook 2003 client from GMAIL? Kindly see the rules. You may be having multiple entries there. If they are there then delete them. Rajiv K. Khandelwal "HaroldSJS" <91hsjs94@gmail.com> wrote in messag...